Leatherbound Mistborn

Treygec

Hey everyone,

I haven't seen this posted anywhere so I thought I would share. There is now a link with an official date of December 1st!

http://store.brandonsanderson.com/mistborn-leather-bound-book/

I don't know about you, but I am so excited to see it be official. Not sure how I feel about it being maroon though... wish it was blue like Elantris so they matched.

Edited by Treygec

I'm about to order it, and since I try to make it so every personalization I get relates to the particular narrative in some way, these are what I'm considering asking:

• Are Ati and Edgli siblings, or at least from the same Yolish culture?
  • Are any of the original Vessels biologically related, or romantically involved? (Should I split this question and save the other half for later, or would anyone be willing to ask the other half themselves?)
  • Can we find the metal Paalm uses to hide from Harmony on Earth?
Edited by Amanuensis

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm about to order it, and since I try to make it so every personalization I get relates to the particular narrative in some way, these are what I'm considering asking:

• Are Ati and Edgli siblings, or at least from the same Yolish culture?
  • Are any of the original Vessels biologically related, or romantically involved? (Should I split this question and save the other half for later, or would anyone be willing to ask the other half themselves?)
  • Can we find the metal Paalm uses to hide from Harmony on Earth?

100% chance in my mind you'll get a RAFO from Brandon on the second one (he's RAFOd it before), 99% on the first. He's spoken before how he's cracking down on handing out info on the original Vessels, as they're the Dragonsteel characters. But I really like that third one.

Just now, Pagerunner said:

100% chance in my mind you'll get a RAFO from Brandon on the second one (he's RAFOd it before), 99% on the first. He's spoken before how he's cracking down on handing out info on the original Vessels, as they're the Dragonsteel characters. But I really like that third one.

Could edit the first one to ask "Is there an interesting reason why Ati and Edgli's names are so similar?" which if he just said yes to, without specifics, could spark a lot of interesting discussion...

But yeah, I'm leaning towards the third as well, even if it doesn't really provide much information. A potential modification could be "Can we find every metal we see on Scadrial in our own world (Earth)?"? More likely to be PAFO'd, but also more informative. Unless we've already got an answer to whether or not Atium and Lerasium are based on real metals.

16 hours ago, RustAndRuin said:

Aaaaah! I was just about to make a thread asking if there was a really nice Mistborn set being sold somewhere. Thanks! 

Just so you know, this will only be the 1st book in the series. The others (hopefully) will follow at their 10 year anniversary. It seems their will (again hopefully) be one a year in December.

1 hour ago, Treygec said:

Just so you know, this will only be the 1st book in the series. The others (hopefully) will follow at their 10 year anniversary. It seems their will (again hopefully) be one a year in December.

My mom and I just figured this out last night. We'll probably stick to waiting for another few years until the others come out. Do you know if the ones with the pretty blue, geometric covers come in a hardback set, or all they all paperback? 

21 hours ago, RustAndRuin said:

My mom and I just figured this out last night. We'll probably stick to waiting for another few years until the others come out. Do you know if the ones with the pretty blue, geometric covers come in a hardback set, or all they all paperback? 

I tried to find some hardcovers of those online and couldn't. I imagine that does mean they are only available in paperback. :( 

If I could implore you however to purchase  one of the leatherbound editions for the first book (only if it is responsibly feasible of course) , every purchase will contribute to their actually being future books to create a full set of mistborn and eventually the entire Cosmere. Just a thought :)

I like these releasing at the start of December. It's like a birthday present every year.  Can't wait for this one.

Do you think when they get to Stormlight they'll release them in two volumes each given the length, the extras these editions get and the fact they are at their limits binding them at the moment? 2 volumes in a slip case would look handsome.

Edited by momaw

17 minutes ago, Argent said:

RIP $100.

RIP $156, for me. There are a lot of new posters, and I've been waiting to get the Elantris maps.

Not sure how I feel about the design though. On one hand, I really liked the black Elantris, and was hoping that the leatherbound editions would all match. On the other hand... this really does look better than the Elantris leatherbound. No doubt about it in my mind. So, I'll have to wait a couple years and see what happens, probably for the Warbreaker leatherbound, to see how everything will look together. I can see Mistborn books as one color, Stormlight books as another color (blue? or green? Oh, I really hope the leatherbounds aren't each a different color...), and everything else black. Or maybe Dragonsteel as a third color. For my personal aesthetic preferences, though, I'd rather have seen a solid wall of identical books, since I keep them in publication order. (Or will keep them, once I have more than one leatherbound. Of course.)

When I saw the photo of the spine and front cover I was surprised that there wasn't anything to indicate that this is just the first novel, The Final Empire.

I wonder if the allomantic symbol for iron on the spine and cover represents 1, and the future Mistborn leather-bounds will have the steel, tin, pewter etc. to indicate which volume it is. That would be pretty cool.

In the personalization part of the form I put the following: Signature;  congratulations on the birth of a new baby girl; In the coppermind memory at the end of Bands of Mourning Kelsier's focus seems to be externally oriented. Is this because of how Kelsier has grown and matured as a character between the end of Secret History and the beginning of the events of the memory; or is this due to Wax's perception of the events shown?

Does anyone know if this is the proper format for this? Also, is the question clear enough?