Out of the Loop

Moash

Hi there, I'm a big fan of Brandon's literature and have been for the last year out of the loop. I am back on this website reading discussion ever since hearing that Oathbringer is almost ready. That got tons of good memories back in my mind and got me thinking of the cosmere. I was wondering what has happened lately with Brandon? It sounds like he's released some new stuff since Calamity, what books have I missed?

There's mostly been some Alcatraz books out, as well as the White Sand graphic novel. Also, Arcanum Unbounded is coming out in a few days, and that contains all the Cosmere short stories as well as some essays written about the different planets written by Khriss, who is a character from White Sand, and has written the arcanum in the back of the cosmere novels.

Also, there was a huge movie deal for the whole Cosmere, and there's information about that here:

There was a Mistborn board game funded called Mistborn: House War, as well as a Reckoners one I think?

So, yeah. Welcome back my friend.

@Moash In about another month, Brandon will be doing his yearly "State of the Sanderson" blog post that should contain a run-down of happenings during 2016. :) You might also find it useful to go through the News archive here on the Shard.

But I can give you this list of things he's published in 2016, from looking at GoodReads (in chronological order of publication, from oldest to newest):

The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn #6, Wax & Wayne #3)

Mistborn: Secret History (behind-the-scenes stuff of the original Mistborn trilogy)

Calamity

White Sand, Vol 1 (part one of the graphic novel adaptation of the unpublished prose project White Sand)

The Dark Talent (Alcatraz #5)

Arcanum Unbounded is being released in the US in a few days, as @CalypsoDreaming mentioned. This year the first four Alcatraz books were also republished with new covers, interior illustrations, and a map of the Free Kingdoms inside the hardcovers' book jackets.

8 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

I know it probably makes me sound pathetic, but the State of Sanderson is one of the highlites of the holiday season for me. 

Haha. I only really remember the date (December 19th) because it's exactly a month before my own birthday. :P

9 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Isn't that on Koloss Headmunching Day?

Ha ha yeah. I like all of his series except for Alcatraz (its just a little to silly for me). Anything he writes I am excited to read. I know people have their favorites, but there is so much to look forward to whether SA 3, the new science fiction YA series, the sequel to Bands of Morning or the Azlanian (I feel the Rithmatist is very much underated).

• Chaos locked this topic