• 2 months later...

Just did an Alcatraz reread. I don't have any theories, but Alcatraz is always dropping little hints and stuff about the future. Here's some things I gathered( and I don't have page numbers or direct quotes. Please don't hate me)

-Alcatraz will be thrown off something taller than mt Everest. I assume this to mean the worldspire. 

-Gravity will be broken or otherwise negated. 

-Alcatraz will go blind? ( kind of think this was just a joke)

-He and Bastille end up married. Technically there's other ways she could be in the same house, be a smedry, and be directly related, but come on. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/21/2017 at 6:45 PM, Capt. Goradel said:

He and Bastille end up married. Technically there's other ways she could be in the same house, be a Smedry, and be directly related, but come on. 

There's a least a dozen possible alternatives. She marries Kaz and they live in the Smedry palace together, she turns out to be a clone of his mother, Librarians lock them in the same prison for the rest of their lives and Bastille marries Alcatraz's child by travelling to the future, Alcatraz switches brains with Bastille's real husband, Alcatraz travels to an alternate reality, Alcatraz marries someone else named Bastille...

Never underestimate Sanderson's ability to provide unexpected endings.

On 1/21/2017 at 6:45 PM, Capt. Goradel said:

He and Bastille end up married. Technically there's other ways she could be in the same house, be a Smedry, and be directly related, but come on. 

Okay, you're probably right though. Sometimes the simplest answer is the most likely.

Edited by Archer