Arcanum Unbounded Spoiler Policy

Chaos

Hey guys, I mentioned our plan for Arcanum Unbounded spoilers here briefly, but I wanted to solidly codify them so we are all on the same page.

There will be an Edgedancer Spoiler Board in the Stormlight Archive forum for all your Edgedancer needs. For the first two weeks put the tag "[Edgedancer Spoilers]" in topic titles here. Content in Edgedancer will go through the usual spoiler policy which will mean that if you want to talk about said content in a place other than the spoiler board and other than Cosmere Theories, it must be flagged as spoilers.

For general Arcanum Unbounded stuff regarding things like the essays you will probably want to put them in Cosmere Theories. Spoilers are okay, but mark topics with "[AU Spoilers]" for the first two weeks of release. We are generally treating these similar to WoBs, so we aren't making a subforum for this more general stuff.

As always, work hard to avoid spoilers in the topic title as much as possible. 

Let me know if you have questions.

On 17.11.2016 at 3:58 AM, Chaos said:

We are generally treating these similar to WoBs, so we aren't making a subforum for this more general stuff.

But WoBs are commonly accessible while Arcanum essays are not.

Spoiler

And while WoBs are interesting they are not even half as interesting as those essays. Remember the frenzy after Secret History? it's gonna be twice that.

Well making a specific subforum is inefficient for a variety of reasons since the essays could pertain to a lot of different things. Isolating them is not going to work out well.

I'm up for suggestions though.

I thought creating specific threads to deal with the essays would be a good idea (for example: AU - Scadrial, AU - Roshar etc) but there's too much stuff there to be contained in one thread per essay.

On 18.11.2016 at 11:46 PM, Chaos said:

Well making a specific subforum is inefficient for a variety of reasons since the essays could pertain to a lot of different things.

Isn't it how Secret History was? It pertained to a lot of different things than just Scadrial stuff. Honestly, I don't know; creating subforums just for essays is taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Edited by Ookla the Sunrise Watcher
we're doing OK, I guess

Secret History is fairly different as just mentioning the main character of Secret History is a gigantic spoiler. The premise of the essays are not a spoiler in that respect. 

I really do not want to have a long period of time on essay spoilers. I do tend to think that the people who want to read the essays, the giant cosmere nerds, will eat them up very rapidly. They aren't exactly long reads.

Hey all I'm double posting for a very important notice.

It has come to my attention that several bookstores have broken street date. We will not be allowing discussion on Edgedancer or other essays until Tuesday. We generally feel that preserving that will make the most people happy.

If you're one of those lucky people with such a copy, cool! But let's preserve the release date and hold off on discussion until everyone can read it.

• Chaos locked this topic