[AU Spoilers] BS preface & Scadrial essay

masaru

On 18/11/2016 at 8:20 PM, Rawrbert said:

Dragons are one of the three races on Yolen, so Frost is at least FROM Yolen, and since we have confirmation that Taldin has been sealed off somehow, we know planets can be blocked from worldhoppers by a Shard who knows what he's doing. I'm fairly sure we have WOB somewhere that Yolen has been "hidden" if I remember the term correctly, so possibly quarantined due to the Fain life trying to spread beyond the planet?

Can you link the Taldain info? Must a slipped under my radar

Hmm, missed that. Seeing as the WoB uses 'inaccessible' and 'currently', I can think of three likely scenarios;

1. Autonomy is no longer present in the Taldainian system, so no Shard > no Shardpool > no shadesmar worldhopping + no FTL ships either (could be used as evidence for A = T theory)

2. Autonomy isn't actually Invested in Taldain itself but in it's resident star (seeing how little we know about how much influence a Shard can exert over it's respective Shardpool, the pool's location can be argued either way ) and has somehow sealed off the system from being entered

3. A similar scenario to Odium being unable to leave the Rosharan system but this time, either Autonomy/another Shard/another force has instigated some kind of lock/barrier

2 hours ago, AnanasSpren said:

2. Autonomy isn't actually Invested in Taldain itself but in it's resident star (seeing how little we know about how much influence a Shard can exert over it's respective Shardpool, the pool's location can be argued either way ) and has somehow sealed off the system from being entered

Why can't Autonomy be Invested in Taldain and still seal off the system?

8 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Why can't Autonomy be Invested in Taldain and still seal off the system?

True, but if that was the case, then Taldain would still have a Shardpool so as I said, depending on how much a Shard can manipulate/interfere with their Shardpool (or if they even can) then accessing it could still be possible through the CR (perhaps it is super difficult to do so similarly to Sel) but perhaps Autonomy sealed it off in the PR which would have a domino effect in the CR, thereby negating the issue.

Too many unknowns

If the scar is where Yolen is, then the reason those stars are red might be the fain life. 

In other words, it isn't just infesting Yolen. It has over-taken an entire constellation, stars included. After all, if the fain life was sufficient to withstand Adolosium, then a solar inferno is easy. 

That really would give Hoid motivation to do what he must, because he knows it is a matter of time before it gets the rest of them as well. 

• Chaos locked this topic