Ack, I was so sure of JUQ. Mage, I know you're probably going to vote on me considering what you said, so I thought I'd jump in first. Someone's going for some classic misdirection by taking out Alv while we lynched JUQ. Alv said he was sure of STINK, but we never really heard anything of why, and now he's dead, but that actually makes me suspect STINK less, since I'm pretty sure he'd be smarter than that. Then again, it doesn't point me to anyone directly yet. 

I guess I don't suspect our two pinch hitters directly yet. They should get at least a round to show themselves.

Edit: I just read Alvron's post explaining why he voted against STINK. I'm not convinced by the reasoning, though he wasn't just going random, but I don't see STINK killing him after that either, because it would so obviously implicate him.

Edited by Jondesu

Okay, I'm here, but only for a short while, unfortunately. I'm going to make this post, then wait around a short while, but I can't say when next I'll be on. Hopefully, It won't be as long a wait as last time.

Doc, I just want to let you know that you're doing that thing again where you talk strange, and it sets off some kind of bell in my head. This time, though, I'm reasonably certain it's because you're in RP, not because you're an Elim. :P

Alv, I 100% called the reason you put the vote on Stink! It's the sort of thing I'd have done if I was more active right now. Way to push conversation, and sorry that your wiles got you killed.

I'm not a fan of the way Jondesu's been acting, but I don't have any amount of time to confirm that suspicion. That's sort of been a running problem this game; I'm not running as much analysis as I usually do, so I'm hesitant to apply any firm suspicions. So, rather than waste time worrying over that, I'll work to get something new for you active players with a poke vote:

Assassin, I'm not seeing much from you right now. What do you think of Jondesu? Do you think he's an Elim? Why or why not? Who is your strongest suspicion right now?

All right; like I said, I'll be here for a while, but not too long. After that, hopefully tomorrow? Not before noon, though.

10 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

We're explorers on Patji, but there are traitors in our midst which we need to find and eliminate before they kill us, lest the expedition fail.

Well i got that much. I was hoping more forepeoples reactions and anyone  who has acted weird so far.

Sorry my actions seem weird to everyone. I'm weird, you'll learn that if you haven't yet. Some observations via RP now (I hope to do this more, after seeing it suggested and encouraged recently).

-----

Third of the Storm was worried. Well, more worried. Patji was dangerous enough, but now Yazava was dead, and not because of a blunder of his own. No, this had the signs of a murder written all over it. Third might not have been a detective, but he knew the dangers of the jungle well enough.

He'd blamed Nannyberry (what odd names some of these offworlders had), and the team had gone so far as to execute him on that suspicion. It was the way of the jungle, and he knew the hunters of Patji routinely killed via traps or even directly. Still, when Nannyberry's possessions didn't show any sign of them having ill intentions, he began to worry. Having traitors amongst them was bad; killing off innocent members because they grew suspicious could be worse. He'd have to pay closer attention to the other members of the expedition.

Charlie was remarkable communicative for a mute, while Sherlock seemed both nervous and excited by the murders, looking about both suspiciously and inquisitively. 

Dr Kalei seemed uncomfortably focused on Third even while getting in Szeth-daughter-daughter-Neturo's face (what a mouthful, even by First of the Sun's naming standards). He'd have to keep an eye on the Doctor, as well as the oddly named Doc, who seemed to be behaving erratically. Gotten into a supply of tainted fruit, perhaps?

He promised himself he'd pay closer attention from now on (again), as the group began arguing amongst themselves.

@Wonko the Sane, I am a little bit suspicious of Jondesu, though that's a bit prejudiced due to MR17. Basically all of my suspicions are more of gut feelings, so I'll hold off from voting until I actually have some evidence against them. 

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

Okay then, Stink. He is still my prime suspect, especially now that we know JUQ was a Villager. That makes Jondesu seem suspicious too, but Stink more so. Heh, it'd be amusing if Jond turns out to be an Elim a third time in a row :P 

19 minutes ago, Daniyah said:

Heh, it'd be amusing if Jond turns out to be an Elim a third time in a row :P 

I'd have loved that! Probably would have tainted me forever in everyone's minds, though. I'm a plain ole villager in half of my games so far, though (since I have two active right now).

Dani, I think I wouldn't be wrong in saying that you really want me dead. But honestly I think at this point you're just tunneling, seeing as you're saying that JUQ (the person who was lynched) was village which should reflect badly on me, but I wasn't the one that started the lynch on JUQ, and was the one that first pointed out the bandwagon on JUQ. And before you say that 'oh but you joined the bandwagon', I can say that I didn't, because I clearly stated my reasoning for voting on JUQ, that being that he was the only person I could vote on to save myself (omg STINK how dare you save yourself how selfish etc etc), well I thought I was doing more discussion and I don't mind saying that I'd rather be alive than dead. 

That's kinda a hard paragraph to read isn't, have fun :P

Anyway, seeing as it's C3 and everyone still seems to be focused on the things that happened around El (like seriously you guys get a new topic), so I'm gonna bring up some stuff from C2. Won't have official quote boxes 'cause it's from another thread and I can't be bothered to do formatting. Emphasis mine etc etc

" People would be more willing to vote on you rather than Jond or Dani." - Alv in C2 post explaining his vote on me.

Okay so this part is the most interesting bit to me, 'cause I haven't really seen anyone show suspicion of Dani yet (well, except for me but who am I to do stuff?), but clearly Alv was thinking of voting on Dani instead of me, which to me sounds like he genuinely thought that Dani was suspicious but didn't expect to be able to convince others yet. Presumably, Dani's going to have another interpretation, but I don't really see how it could be for the same reasons as a vote on me, because as I've said, no-one was really suspicious of Dani publicly so it wouldn't have been this massive thing with people defending Dani and attacking Dani, but mostly defending Dani. So yeah, I'm putting that as a quote to basically mean that Alv was suspicious of Dani.

" If he isn't, my next main suspicions are Jondesu, and STINK.  If he is, my main suspicions will be Alv, and Jondesu.  In that order. " - Mage, in response to if JUQ is a traitor.

So uh, just like how Dani seems to be gunning for me, everyone else has already noticed how Mage is gunning for Jondesu, and I have one quick question before I go on, but what are the actual reasons for lynching Jondesu? 'Cause I'm already looking at a bunch of stuff and don't want to look at Jondesu as well at this point, a man's got a finite amount of time. But anyway, apparently Mage is gonna straight away vote for Jondesu any minute now, and I'm willing to throw out the statement that 'If Jondesu is an elim, then Mage is village and vice versa', which never really make sense but in this case could I guess? Think I quoted this mostly to show another tunnel, 'cause we need to stop making all these tunnels.

Turns out when you make a post over half an hour, you can forget some of the stuff you were gonna say. And I don't really feel motivated to continue this post now, 'cause it's lunchtime and I gotta make my chicken sandwich. Oh, also suck it Alv, mister 'we have no talkers' even though you're dead.

Oh and might as-well do this.

Daniyah.

9 minutes ago, STINK said:

So uh, just like how Dani seems to be gunning for me, everyone else has already noticed how Mage is gunning for Jondesu, and I have one quick question before I go on, but what are the actual reasons for lynching Jondesu? 'Cause I'm already looking at a bunch of stuff and don't want to look at Jondesu as well at this point, a man's got a finite amount of time. But anyway, apparently Mage is gonna straight away vote for Jondesu any minute now, and I'm willing to throw out the statement that 'If Jondesu is an elim, then Mage is village and vice versa', which never really make sense but in this case could I guess? Think I quoted this mostly to show another tunnel, 'cause we need to stop making all these tunnels.

You seem to be excluding the possibility that I was less active over thanksgiving (Oh wait I said that a bunch already), that I may have only found reasons to be suspicious of Jondesu, and the others I've stated in the time I've had.  I intend to look over the thread, as I've said previously, but I'll be traveling, so I don't know when that will happen.

I'm only slightly suspicious of Dani.   I guess I can see where people are coming from.  But I still think Jondesu is pretty suspicious.  And since Alv turned out to be a villager, I'm going to have to reevaluate.  

So I'll withhold my vote for now.

Hello all. It doesn’t seem Orlok’s mentioned it publicly, so I feel it necessary to fill you in on why I’ve stepped in to replace him. He’s been called for an interview in Oxford, which I personally think is incredible, as I’ve always dreamed of studying there, if not visiting it, at the very least. So I’d like to publicly wish you the best of luck, Orlok, and request that if the time permits, you take a couple pictures for me, particularly of the Codrington Library and the Radcliffe Camera. Overall I’d just love to see anything from the campus, especially since it’s winter!

Anyway, onto the game at hand. Knowing that Hael was going to implement pinch-hitters for the first few cycles, I took the liberty of taking some notes before joining. Since the lynch and the elim kill are the most significant identifiers in this game, that’s where most of my focus has been, so first I will provide you all my thoughts on the first day’s events.

In regards to the lynch, attention was initially drawn to Elbereth via her interactions with Jondesu. I should begin this with the disclaimer that confirmed good is not confirmed right, however, I will point out now that Jond has been connected to more situations than most, now. Take Lopen’s first comment on the matter. He expresses paranoia about El and Jond being Traitors together, but that it’s unlikely due to his paranoia being more often wrong than right.

After that, the conflict essentially resolves itself, and things begin moving on. Orlok says he agrees with El that Jond “appears to be setting up a very passive position for himself,” although he couldn’t say what that might have meant.

Next Stink chimes in to say that El is at the top of his suspicion list, but doesn’t have the time to say why. For the next few posts the topic is ignored, until Wonko then votes on Doc while asking him what his opinions of El are, given he feels she’s being “distinctly more aggressive than usual.” Both of these catch my attention because neither party gets directly involved, but seem to be attempting to redirect the discussion back towards El as soon as it starts drifting away from her.

It’s at that point that Nyali lays the first vote on El, for the reasoning that she has the impression El is acting more excited than usual. When I read this from the spec doc I remember thinking immediately “What is she on about?” because I honestly didn’t see it. I also found it funny (but not in the haha sorta way) that she follows it up with “I know it’s a super weak argument” and attempts to emphasize that D1 lynches are a stab in the dark. In retrospect, I get the feeling that Nyali knew El was innocent, and this was her way of giving herself an excuse for later, when El was inevitably revealed a villager.

Doc then responds to Wonko and says that from his perspective El is usually aggressive when she has solid suspicions, which are less likely to form that early in the first day. Overall he agrees that she isn’t seeming herself.

Lopen, who we soon after learn is innocent, is the next person to discuss and vote for El, saying that he’s “curious to see if Nyali, Stink and Wonko are right about her.” Which they weren’t, as we now know.

Next comment on El comes from Mage who says he’s personally more suspicious of El than Doc, not that he ends up voting for her, either.

A few posts later Polking says he’s not familiar with El’s playstyle, but vouches that nothing she’s done so far seems suspicious (a comment that I agreed with at the time, and was a bit upset more people didn’t vouch for her, let alone herself).

Soon after Jond makes a post saying he doesn’t see a bandwagon forming on El but sees the potential, not that he’s convinced that she’s evil. Since Jond is one of my top suspects for reasons I will explain soon, this makes me think that either an ally has already taken a stance against El if not voted for her anyway, and he’s trying to separate himself from the situation so they don’t get dragged down together.

Stink finally explains the reason why he thought El was suspicious, which basically accuses her of backtracking a statement she made to make herself look better (debatable, but I didn’t read into it like that). He also openly refuses to vote on her because “he doesn’t want to add to El being up for the lynch.” Another statement that made me think “lolwat?”, and like with Nyali, not in a haha sorta way.

Then JUQ, who we now know is village, votes on El for no other reason than “to make things interesting,” which Polking soon points out as weird, and Jond then responds to with a vote on JUQ. Shortly after (and shortly before the cycle ends), Doc places a finishing vote on El, pointing out the information gain, while simultaneously mentioning how no one has really made an effort to defend her, let alone herself.

Now, I can’t remember what game it was, but I know Sart did this exact same thing recently in an attempt to save his teammate (mentioning the fact that no one has attempted to defend them), but unlike Doc, he cast his vote for someone else. I’ve noticed this is a relatively common trend, or at least, that statements about situations similar to this happen now and then. I won’t attempt to say it’s usually the evil people who make it, because I don’t have that data and am much to lazy to gather it, but I want to make it clear I find this statement noteworthy, and that it reminds me of Nyali’s attempt to lessen any future blame, once the results are in.

So, non-confirmed villagers who I consider responsible for this death are Stink, Wonko, Nyali and Doc. Lopen was also on this list, but as we all know, the eliminators murdered him that night. I find that pretty interesting, because with such a small list of people who voted on El, it wouldn’t have been difficult for the elims to turn suspicion onto one of the players who voted for, or perhaps just spoke out, against her. The fact that they took the risk in narrowing that pool even further suggests to me that Lopen himself was onto something.

On the first cycle, Lopen had only posted three times. The first thing he posted was a vote on Polking and a list of players who he had seen online since Hael posted the thread but had yet to say anything related to the game itself (Polking, Assassin in Burgundy, Doctor, Daniyah, Nyali, Jondesu, Elbereth, and Alvron). His second post was him taking the stance that El wasn’t being too aggressive against Jond, while simultaneously wondering if they were both evil together. I’m not sure if Lopen had the same thought when he typed this, but I personally feel that Jond was being especially defensive in regards to El’s “aggressions.” In his third post he ends up voting for El for the reason I mentioned earlier: he wanted to see if Nyali, Stink and Wonko were right. I, personally, am reading into this a bit further, in that he wanted to see if they were wrong, too, because if they were, we might have found an elim.

I should probably also note he mentioned Polking in each post, which could be a factor, but I am of the opinion that Lopen was killed because he was 1) paying more attention than most players, 2) repeatedly trying to get villagers involved, and 3) because he mentioned something close enough to the truth that if allowed to comment more on it, might end up revealing one of them.

As a result, my attention is now focused on Jondesu, Nyali, Stink and Wonko. I also have Doc relatively high on my suspicions list, despite Lopen never have really mentioned him. Mage also to a lesser extent, for similarly non-commital reasons as Stink and sorta Wonko.

For reference, here’s the final tally from that day.

Elbereth(4): Nyali, Lopen, JUQ, Doctor

Magestar(1): Alvron

STINK(1): Ecthelion

Stick(1): Daniyah

JUQ(1): Jondesu

Less than an hour after the write up, Doc has a roleplay written in which he reacts to El’s death and follows up with a vote on Juq, who we now know is innocent. I will go ahead and point out now that Doc is the only player to participate in both lynches, which somewhat makes me suspicious of him, but ironically less so than Jond, Stink or Mage, since all three of them refused to participate in the El lynch, despite their less-than-favorably interactions with her.

A little more than an hour later, both Polking and Jond vote for JUQ as well, basically for no other reason than the odd circumstances surrounding his vote on El (which I will agree was odd). Not long after, both Stink and Wonko make posts commenting on the sudden bandwagon, to which Mage responds with a vote on Jond, though his reasoning is weak and is supplemented with an excuse; specifically, “that could be put down to him being a ‘first time villager’.”

Dani comments that JUQ probably would not have behaved as he did if he was an elim, which I sort of agree, given I worked with him in the Discworld LG not too long ago. He wasn’t particularly active in doc, but at least in the thread, he didn’t really act without consulting us first.

Stink challenges Mage’s comment about how being new is not a valid excuse. Considering I am suspicious of both players, I think this may have been an attempt by Stink to distance himself from Mage. Mage responds that he can see “correlations between how he’s acting now and how he acted in the past,” hence his vote. When asked by Mage what Stink’s thoughts are on Jond, he doesn’t really comment, instead deflecting the question with “my suspicions turned out wrong” and “I haven’t really had time to look at anyone’s posts in detail” yet.

Dani votes for Stink for reasons I thought myself, which has put her on my tentative trust list, along with probably polking, for similar reasons (in addition to Nyali’s consistent votes on him). Stink retaliates with a vote on Dani, and while I agree with his response that being suspicious of a player does not mean you automatically want them dead, I don’t get that tone from his previous posts regarding El at all.

Soon thereafter Nyali apologizes for her part in lynching El. Could be genuine, could be her trying to capitalize on her set up from her last post. Not entirely sure which it is, but it’s one of my current theories.

Skipping some stuff that’s less relevant, because this post is already ridiculously long…

Dani, Alvron, JUQ and DA (two of which are confirmed good, as of this cycle) vote for Stink one after another, which is soonafter met with resistance by Mage voting for JUQ. This is a big part of the reason why I think both Stink and Mage are evil. Not only did they both non-committally cast suspicion on El the previous cycle, but as soon as Stink Ascends in votes, Mage attempts to come to the rescue with a tie. This allows Stink himself to change his vote so that he can survive another round.

Since it happened, I’ll also mention that Ecth voted for JUQ right after, but since at this point I’m convinced that Stink is a Traitor, I doubt a teammate would do that unnecessarily. Elims tend to be way too paranoid about implicating themselves than they are a teammate dying at this stage.

Now, Alv makes a couple big posts about why he did what he did with Stink. While it turns out he did not have any genuine reason for suspecting him, it’s just about a guarantee that of those 10 votes, at least one, if not two, elims were involved, simply because this is a 16 man game. Since villagers have no way to privately coordinate this game, I’ve got a strong feeling that the sudden shift in votes away from Stink back to JUQ was the result of him being an elim, rather than the initial stack of votes on JUQ being orchestrated by him (though I still haven’t ruled out that happening as well).

As it stands, Stink is the player with the most connections right now, and thus his death will be the most beneficial for establishing future leads, given the nature of this game. If I’m right about him, I would suggest that Mage be looked at next. I won’t bother making predictions about him or anyone else if I’m right now, but if Stink is a traitor, I think Mage definitely has to be as well, and that Dani is as good as cleared. As for DA (now Clanky) I’m less sure, since like JUQ, I played on a team with him recently, and he did not hesitate to actively work against his win con for no other reason than to keep up his chaotic reputation, and therefore I will not even bother reading into his actions.

(2) STINK: Daniyah, Amanuensis,

(1) Assassin in Burgundy: Wonko the Sane

(1) Daniyah: STINK

(1) polkinghornbd: Nyali

Edited by Amanuensis
Edited in current tally

Wow, Aman, that's quite the analysis.  I can't say that I'm really feeling STINK still, since I was seeing what looked like a coordinated effort against him without a lot of backing.  Wonko I'm watching but not very concerned by so far, but Nyali I'm leaning a bit Elim on.  Dani too.  Mage I think I'm only suspecting somewhat because he's going after me, but I know I made an impression in MR17, so I don't want that to taint my guessing at him either. :-P

I don't want to just toss out a vote yet, and of the people who already have votes, Dani is one of the ones I'd be most likely to put a vote on, but I'm not confident enough to actually do that.  I'll try to vote before the end of the cycle, though, as I watch for more discussion.

@Daniyah, @Magestar, @Wonko the Sane, @Nyali, ya'll have all been relatively active, but what do you think of both Aman's analysis and my suspicions?

Oh, and @OrlokTsubodai, congratulations and the best of luck to you!  That's amazing to have a chance to interview at Oxford!!!

Edited by Jondesu

Well, Stink was second on my suspicion list, but Polking is still on top. I haven't been following this game very well due to it being Thanksgiving in the states, plus there's baby Shallan to wrangle. (She is trying very, very hard to post her thoughts in this thread, but that's against the rules, so I'm doing my best to stop her xD). Aman's suspicion of me is valid, honestly. I haven't been playing like I normally do, but I normally don't have a baby to deal with when posting on workdays. (If you saw this post pre-edit, that was Shallan saying hi and hitting post for me before I was ready.) I will say though that I did have what I feel was a valid reason to vote on Elbereth. I didn't bandwagon on her, I voted for a specific reason (a change in tone I noticed compared to other games I've played with her). I did express suspicion of JUQ, but not enough to vote on them. I really think the elims are Stink, Polk, and Jondesu. I agree with a lot of Aman's analysis, though not his opinion of Polk or myself.

Edited by Nyali

Alright well that's a lot to respond to :/

17 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Both of these catch my attention because neither party gets directly involved, but seem to be attempting to redirect the discussion back towards El as soon as it starts drifting away from her.

Well, I can explain why I made that post about El if you really want :P Can't read Wonko's mind though :(

Anyway, at that point of my post, the discussion was just poke vote stuff, and that was like the most boring, un-helpful discussion to read through for a game (yeah I talked about it too, so you know it's boring), and Orlok was like 'huh controversial stuff' and I was all like 'El does look pretty suspicious right? Might as well throw it out there in the time I have', so I'd like to say that you're reading into the timing of that post a bit too much, or can I say that whenever someone says they're suspicious of me now?

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

He also openly refuses to vote on her because “he doesn’t want to add to El being up for the lynch.” Another statement that made me think “lolwat?”, and like with Nyali, not in a haha sorta way.

You too? If I had to vote on everyone that I was suspicious of, it'd look a bit like this:

1. Sean (polkinghornbd) is up for a Get Rich Quick scheme
2. Szeth-daughter-daughter-Neturo (Assassin in Burgundy) has a death wish
3. Rumberry (Ecthellion III) has a hand glued to their face
4. Doc (Doctor12) is criminally late to the party
5. This could also be you (Clanky)
Was Who Darkness Was Talking To.
6. Svetao (Daniyah) is eerily cheerful
7. Sherlock (Magestar) can't understand why the planet is named "First from the Sun"
8. Nyali (Nyali) will rest when she's dead
9. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) is resentful of gingers
10. Dr. Bres Kalei (Wonko the sane) is abundantly proficient at doctoring papers
11. Third of the Storm (Jondesu) is proud of his heritage
14. Charlie (STINK) is functionally mute
16. Locke (Now Aman)
Is Annoying STINK

Oh, please don't take that literally Hael :P Still keeping my vote on Dani for now. So Aman, as I've already said, being suspicious of someone does not mean you want them to die, at least for me. Maybe it's different for you, but luckily we're not all Aman :P

Stink or Mage, since all three of them refused to participate in the El lynch, despite their less-than-favorably interactions with her.

I had no interactions with El? Or at least, that I can remember to be honest, and I can't be bothered to look it up at this point. 

Stink challenges Mage’s comment about how being new is not a valid excuse. Considering I am suspicious of both players, I think this may have been an attempt by Stink to distance himself from Mage.

More like, 'STINK reminds everyone that he's already talked about the whole being new thing', and hopes that his post wasn't ignored/forgotten :(

When asked by Mage what Stink’s thoughts are on Jond, he doesn’t really comment, instead deflecting the question with “my suspicions turned out wrong” and “I haven’t really had time to look at anyone’s posts in detail” yet.

Lol why'd I even quote this

Stink retaliates with a vote on Dani, and while I agree with his response that being suspicious of a player does not mean you automatically want them dead, I don’t get that tone from his previous posts regarding El at all.

Just to clarify, the previous posts you're talking about are the ones where not even halfway through the cycle I just say I'm most suspicious of el, based on playstyle instead of actual words, and the second post where I explain the playstyle? Ah yes, those bloodthirsty posts where I cry out for anyone and everyone to kill El as quick as possible. Could you stop tunneling?

vote for Stink one after another, which is soonafter met with resistance by Mage voting for JUQ. This is a big part of the reason why I think both Stink and Mage are evil.

You know why pinch hitters aren't a perfect replacement for inactivity? 'Cause you can say stuff like this where the usual response is 'oh but what were you doing' and the answer is 'not playing'. Like all of the stuff you're saying looks good for the most part because all the stuff you're saying is basically with hindsight, and none of it involves you, so no-one should lynch you whatsoever and we should all leave you alive till there's just 5 people left and then they can analyse the stuff you've said. 

And ofc, you don't mention any other possible reasons for Mage to vote for JUQ over me. Maybe one could be the fact that at least the votes on JUQ did have some reasoning, compared to the rubbish that was 'I don't like STINK'? Oh, and you failed to mention that Doc defended me too, just not with a vote because apparently we only count posts if they have red text with them too now. 

Now, Alv makes a couple big posts about why he did what he did with Stink. While it turns out he did not have any genuine reason for suspecting him,

You follow up on the whole 'the STINK bandwagon thing should be used against STINK' by saying that the whole STINK bandwagon thing wasn't really a bandwagon against STINK but just a bandwagon? And could be on anyone else like Alv said? Why am I even respond at this point. Actually that's a good point, you're just gonna find 100000000000000000000 more reasons for me to be evil in this, probably 'STINK why are you even putting in effort if you're not evil lel let's kill him everyone' and the merry bandwagon gang will come along in their little wagon eating the wagon wheels and all have a grand merry time partying while I get tied up in the middle of the road and run over. 

I'm done.

I'm not going to quote Aman's wall of text.  It doesn't seem advisable.  Plus, I think STINK actually dealt with it quite well.  I'm going to quote the sections of his post I would like to expand upon.  And Aman, I wouldn't have a problem with lynching STINK if so many people didn't want to do it with so little reasoning.  I could maybe except your reasoning, but I'd still like to say a few things.

1 hour ago, STINK said:

And ofc, you don't mention any other possible reasons for Mage to vote for JUQ over me. Maybe one could be the fact that at least the votes on JUQ did have some reasoning, compared to the rubbish that was 'I don't like STINK'? Oh, and you failed to mention that Doc defended me too, just not with a vote because apparently we only count posts if they have red text with them too now. 

Yeah.  This.  Alv openly admitted to his votes on STINK just being conversation started.  I feel it is important to note that there was not a single vote on STINK that was well thought out besides Alvs. And I already dealt with why that's not a problem.  Daniyah is the only person who came close, and I honestly think that Dani is more suspicious than STINK.

Still, I could see STINK being an Elim.  But I'm not seeing him having acted in any way more eliminator-y than he has in previous games.

3 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I will go ahead and point out now that Doc is the only player to participate in both lynches, which somewhat makes me suspicious of him, but ironically less so than Jond, Stink or Mage, since all three of them refused to participate in the El lynch, despite their less-than-favorably interactions with her.

If I remember correctly, I didn't interact with El.  I just said I was more suspicious of her than of Doc.  And, as I've stated like a billion times already, I spent this week with relatives, and have had very little time to do anything.  Which is why I haven't voted a lot, haven't formed a lot of suspicions, and am generally frustrated by what's going on.  I don't have enough data to do anything.

But tomorrow is saturday.  So I'll hopefully be able to get back ahead of the game.

I still am suspicious of Jondesu.  My main suspicions as of right now are Wonko, Jondesu, Doc and Dani, although not necessarily in that order.  Aman, your post just set off a bunch of alarm bells for me.  It might be partially because you accused me of being an Elim, but I also think it's because of how you stated everything.  Could you clarify, for my sake, the purpose of that block post?  It seemed like partially a recap, but it also seemed a bit like a tunnel on STINK.  I can see some of your suspicions, however, so I'll withhold judgement for now.

Wonko is suspicious to me because of the way he has acted in this game thus far.  It might be because of thanksgiving, but I feel like the number of people I suspect in this game can be narrowed down by how I think the Elims are acting.  The people the Elims have killed so far are Alv, El, and Lopen, people who were all thought to be dangerous by Wonko, in previous games I have played with him.  Plus, I feel like Wonko is acting like he has in previous games where he has been an Elim.  However, my suspicions of Jondesu actually lessen if Wonko turns out to be an Elim.  My general suspicions of Jondesu have gone down, because I feel like elim!Jon would not tunnel on JUQ?  But maybe he would.  Idk anymore.  Doc has done a few things which set off alarm bells in my head, and are very reminiscent of how he acted last time I was an Elim with him.  Dani...  I feel like Dani is being told to do stuff from a doc.  It's mostly been how her posts sound and what she's done.  Like her vote on STINK last cycle.  I feel like she poked him because she felt like it, took it off, and then was told to put it back on by someone who helped orchestrate the STINK bandwagon.  The only remaining people I feel like would do that are Wonko and Nyali.

Now, a lot of this hinges on STINK not being an Elim.  A lot of parts of this idea are hanging on that, and on certain things I'm either taking for granted or are pieced together.  However, I think that the most information would be gained by lynching Jondesu or Wonko.  Seeing as Aman has expressed suspicions of Wonko, I feel like he is the most likely person to actually get lynched is Wonko.  However, I would also be open to a STINK lynch, seeing as that would also aid my fact finding mission.

It's really nice to have been an Elim and have seen how people acted in previous games.  Just in general, I'm finding that the more games I play the better I'm getting. :P 

edit;  This is written in a stream of consciousness style.  This means that I'm basically writing as I think, which means I might contradict myself occasionally.  I also wrote this in pieces, so I'm not sure how cohesive it is.  I also don't have time to edit is, so I'm adding this addendum.

Edited by Magestar

40 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I still am suspicious of Jondesu.  My main suspicions as of right now are Wonko, Jondesu, Doc and Dani, although not necessarily in that order.  Aman, your post just set off a bunch of alarm bells for me.  It might be partially because you accused me of being an Elim, but I also think it's because of how you stated everything.  Could you clarify, for my sake, the purpose of that block post?  It seemed like partially a recap, but it also seemed a bit like a tunnel on STINK.  I can see some of your suspicions, however, so I'll withhold judgement for now.

The purpose of the block post was to get all my thoughts out as soon as possible, as I haven't been able to participate the last two turns, and I find it incredibly likely I'm going to die tonight anyway, given who the elims have target so far (R&R players with "scary" reps).

I will admit that I'm tunneling on Stink a bit. Though JUQ and DA's votes on Stink had no merit, the fact of the matter is that 62.5% of the total player base voted on either JUQ or STINK last turn, and that 2 of the four people who voted for STINK are now dead and revealed village. I guarantee at least 1 of those remaining 8 players is an elim, and based of percentages alone, it's more likely that it was someone who voted for JUQ than STINK. Of those who voted for JUQ, I'm more suspicious of you than the rest, simply because you're essentially the reason why STINK was saved to begin with, and your resistance to follow Alv's advice of letting luck decide (a player we now also know is a villager). So the way I see it, killing STINK can either clear most of the players who voted for him, if not all, or cast suspicion on them after. EDIT: In a game where the lynch is the village's only real tool, I'd rather use it to gain the most information possible than waste it.

Given I accept the possibility that I'm tunneling, I do think I have some valid logical reasons for suspecting STINK based off what's occurred so far, at least more so compared to other players. That being said, I would be willing to retract my vote in one of the other offending votes; I.E. You, Doc, and Jond, in that order. I personally think Polking is a villager since him and I had very similar reactions, and my opinion of Ecth is close-to-neutral, as of right now.

Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, Magestar said:

Still, I could see STINK being an Elim.  But I'm not seeing him having acted in any way more eliminator-y than he has in previous games.

I haven't played many games with STINK, so I wouldn't know how he's acted in previous games :P 

1 hour ago, Magestar said:

I feel like Dani is being told to do stuff from a doc.  It's mostly been how her posts sound and what she's done.  Like her vote on STINK last cycle.  I feel like she poked him because she felt like it, took it off, and then was told to put it back on by someone who helped orchestrate the STINK bandwagon.  

My suspicion on STINK did start with weak reasoning, yes, I admit that, but it just built on with time (or maybe it's just stubbornness?). And now I feel like I'd be able to focus on other players more once Stink is lynched and his alignment known. 

Mage's and Aman's reasons for why Wonko seems suspicious sound valid to me. So that makes Jond and Wonko my next suspicions, in that order. As for Nyali, Doc and Mage, I don't know. I've got nothing on them as of yet.  

In the whole of his post, Aman has put his thoughts on all of the players except Assassin and Stick. Both of them are usually quiet, Stick more so than Assassin in this game, apparently.  @I_am_a_Stick Are you still suspicious of me?

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

has put her on my tentative trust list

:ph34r: statements like these for me tend to put me on red alert. (A past experience.) Just sayin :ph34r:

Edited by Daniyah

Sometimes it's great to get a third opinion. Someone who has been following the game, but not directly involved in it. 

Anyways, I've been rereading the posts for the last couple cycles, and just trying to figure things out. 

Knowing that JUQ was a villager, it is possible that Mage and STINK could be elims, trying to swing the vote away from Alv's chance gambit. At any rate, it doesn't fully clear anyone, which...doesn't change much

I'll just post my thoughts on all the players and slap a vote on my top suspect, I guess.

1. polkinghornbd: Has been silent except to place a vote on JUQ. Is being targeted by Nyali.

2. Assassin in Burgundy: Still very silent. Someone should poke vote him.

3. Ecthellion III: Not one to say much, just votes. Helped with the JUQ lynch, if that says anything. Is nowhere near as active as QF19, which might be a sign of him being an eliminator again? In QF18 and LG26, he was very silent as an eliminator. But again, too silent to draw any conclusions. Talk more, people!

4. Doctor12: Has lynched two villagers in a row. Draw your own conclusions. :( 

5. Darkness: Bah, what do I say about him? "I don't like STINK." Hopefully Clanky proves to be less chaotic.

6. Daniyah - The only one with a decent reason to lynch STINK before Alv. Is being targeted by STINK. Not much thoughts on her. 

7. Magestar - Has been silent, except to vote on JUQ. Suspects Jondesu, Wonko, Doc and Dani. Apologized for sounding weird? I have a tentative Elim read on Mage.

8. Nyali - Tunneling on Polking, was first to vote on El. Might be trying to distance herself from votes by claiming that her arguments might be weak. Now that JUQ and Lopen were proved innocent, I'm inclined to think Nyali might have been an elim. If not, then the whole lynch was made by villagers, and the elims are laughing themselves silly. Wonko, you would then be my top suspect, for bringing up El as suspicious. 

9. Stick - Has been very silent. Voted on Dani once. Poke her?

10. Wonko - Suspected El but did not vote on her. Has been too busy to make solid analysis, but not too busy to poke vote. Honestly one of my top suspects now, for bringing up the idea that El might be suspicious, but not voting on her. I understand that you're busy in real life, but gah, your silence would be awfully convenient if you were an elim. I'm not accusing you of using real life as cover, no, just being frustrated about it, I guess. 

11. Jondesu - I don't know what to think of Jondesu, honestly. He had seemed a little weird to me on the first day. I agree with Aman that he and he was the first to place a vote on JUQ on day one. That...didn't really serve to do anything. I thought he might have been trying to redirect the lynch at first, until I found that Elbereth was a villager anyway, and there had been absolutely no need to redirect a vote. There is Aman's thoughts that he may have been trying to distance himself, and that might also be a valid point. In the second cycle he voted with me on JUQ. I don't know what to think of him. 

14. STINK - No one has any solid suspicions on him, and both times he's been brought up as target was 1)Alv's chance gambit, 2)Aman lynching him to gain information. I'm okay with that, I guess, but if I actually have any solid suspicions, I'm going to act on those first.

16. Aman - Just joined, has contributed a lot of stuff to mull over. I have nothing on him yet, I guess.

So my suspicions right now are in this order. Wonko, Magestar, Jondesu, Nyali, STINK.

@Wonko the Sane, heads up. 

Edited by Doctor12

I don't know how much time I'll have tomorrow, and since I don't want to miss rollover, I'm trying to make my final decision on this now.  By my count, this is the voting now:

(3) STINK: Daniyah, Amanuensis, Ecthelion

(2) Wonko: Magestar, Doctor12

(Reordered by number of votes)

I'm worried by the train on STINK, especially since as I've noted, he's not one of my big suspicions.  Nyali or Dani I'm wondering about, and I'd been less concerned by Wonko, but I reread both Aman's summary and the original, he does strike me as trying to remain unsuspicious while casting suspicions on others (like El, who was village).  The fact that he removed his vote from Doc and didn't place a new one could easily be just the fact that we were apparently on track to lynch a villager anyways, so why would he risk making himself look suspicious by either adding to that or throwing a semi-random vote on someone else that wouldn't get anywhere at that point anyways?  I'm going to try to keep up more notes and commentary for myself, but for this round, my vote is going on Wonko the Sane.

EDIT: If either Mage or Doc drops their votes from Wonko before the end of the round, I'll be more suspicious of them, and I'll also be suspicious if he turns out to be village (though I know that might make me look suspicious to some as well).  Again, I'd prefer not to see this come down to a random choice, because despite the passionate plea for letting the roll of the dice be a part of our games, I tend towards action and certainty instead of gambling.  Must be why I didn't like Mat Cauthon. *hides*

And from Quintus' perspective:

Quintus eyed the group from the relative safety of his seat on a fallen tree, one he'd made sure was clear of any bugs (didn't need to have toes go missing).  They'd kept up the arguing, and his mind went back to the previous days, when it seemed that Dr. Kalei had been all to quick to cast aspersions on others, then sit back and see what happened.  If someone wanted to drive a wedge into this group, especially with tensions so high already, that would be a fine way to go about it.  He grunted quietly to himself, then motioned towards Dr. Kalei.

"Perhaps we should leave the troublemaker behind and let the jungle deal with him."

Edit: Should have just put in the updated vote list, though I wanted that first one for my analysis.

(3) STINK: Daniyah, Amanuensis, Ecthelion

(3) Wonko: Magestar, Doctor12, Jondesu

@STINK, should I point out that moving your vote to Wonko instead of Dani will save you (barring more votes from others)? :ph34r:

Edited by Jondesu
Added blocks, immediately after posting initially, to avoid double-posting

11 hours ago, Daniyah said:

@I_am_a_Stick Are you still suspicious of me?

Well..yes? XD Aman, in his post, said how he put you in his 'tentative trust list' without really giving much of a reason. Unless I've missed something (Aman, that is one long post). You might be elims together :ph34r: but I don't have any reason to be suspicious of Aman just yet. 

Stink's reply to Aman's post kinda looks...a bit overreacted? Idk if he's always like this though :-P And Mage seems to be defending Stink, and then going all like 'I'm still up for the lynch tho' since the past cycles, or so I've noticed. So if Stink really does turn out to be an elim, I'll know who to vote for in C4 :ph34r: But for now, Daniyah. Might change it if I find a reason to.

Also, I find it odd that no one has laid suspicion on Doc yet. As Aman pointed out, he did have a hand in both the previous lynches. He hasn't done anything very villager-y either. So my current suspicion list includes: Daniyah, Mage and Doc (and possibly Stink)

Oh, and all these sudden votes on Wonko seem weird if nothing else

Edited by I_am_a_Stick

5 minutes ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Well..yes? XD 

And what reason do you have for being suspicious of me? Is it just because I took my vote off of Stink and then back on last cycle? I mean, I'd understand if Stink was already confirmed good, but we don't know that yet.