4 hours ago, JUQ said:

However, I think it is perhaps more intelligent to lynch a Traitor, so I'm going to vote for STINK, simply because Alvron seems have intel.

3 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I don't like STINK

7 hours ago, Alvron said:

I'm going to vote on Stink.  I have reasons that I shall explain next round, maybe. :P

This is absurd.  I'm getting a serious Elim vibe here, especially from Alv and JUQ.  I don't really have a good reason to suspect STINK right now, but I think the reasons to suspect JUQ are fairly valid.  I could see him voting on STINK to preserve his life, but I still think that there is more valid evidence for JUQ then there is for STINK.  DA's vote is probably just DA being DA.

If JUQ ends up being a villager, then I won't mind lynching STINK.  But I still think Jondesu is the most suspicious.  However, if I leave my vote on him it will count for nothing.  So here we are.

Doc just stared at the scene before him. Currently, Stink was glaring at everyone else, having been accused also. He was...bewildered. Were they seriously doing this? Why was no one else speaking up? 

Grumbling, Doc strode into the circle, spreading his arms.

"My friends, what are we doing? Come, let us look at what we have before us."

JUQ (4): Doc, Polking, Jondesu, Mage

- His 'interesting' vote on Elbereth last cycle

- Voting on Stink because 'Alv has intel'

STINK (4): Daniyah, Alvron, JUQ, Darkness

- For being suspicious of El but not voting on her. (Dani)

- For reasons he will share next cycle (Alvron)

- Alv has intel (JUQ)

- I don't like him (Darkness)

Doc stared at everyone else in the eye, disbelievingly. "What are we doing? Of the two people currently being accused, JUQ has acted suspciously the last day, while all we have against friend STINK is my sister Daniyah's point about him not voting on Twilight. What other reasons is friend Stink being accused? For mysterious reasons, JUQ voting weirdly again on those reasons, and Darkness...is being random. @JUQ, explain yourself, if you can. For STINK, well, he made himself perfectly clear. How is someone meant to defend themselves against reasons, and trust in those unspoken reasons, and dislike? I see suspicious voting here, and it isn't on JUQ."

He sighed and rubbed his head. "@Wonko the Sane, @OrlokTsubodai, @I_am_a_Stick, could I trouble you to make your stances known?" He whirled. " @Alvron. If you would have our help in lynching STINK, I would very much like to hear your reasons now, rather than telling them over his possibly innocent dead body tomorrow morning. If your reasons are valid, then I might join you in your vote for STINK. Rather, currently you have said nothing, and JUQ and Darkness have less than half a reason between them. We can not communicate privately here, so whatever you wish to say, please say it in public."

Finally, he turned to the group as a whole and spoke again. "My friends, I am very curious as to why JUQ trusts Alvron so much, that he has joined in Alvron's vote even without Alvron explaining his reasons. If JUQ does turn out to be a traitor, well. You will know my next target is. Daniyah, too, I will watch." He paused. "As for trusts, if JUQ does turn out to be a traitor, I shall then trust Jondesu. Currently my Elim reads are Alvron, Daniyah and possibly Nyali, for possibly attempting to divert the lynch to Polking."

He then returned to his spot by the edge of the circle, searching for a drink to cool his throat. There he sat, watching to see if his arguments had struck home. 

1 hour ago, Doctor12 said:

"@Wonko the Sane, @OrlokTsubodai, @I_am_a_Stick, could I trouble you to make your stances known?"

Okay, I've been quiet because it's kinda hard to get readings on people this game. Maybe it's the lack of communication? People have always been more open in PMs IMO. So yeah...of the current votes, I'd say it's more likely for JUQ to be an elim than any of the others. Sure, there were other people who had voted on El last cycle, but JUQ's vote was thrown in last minute without reasoning. But everyone else here has already discussed that here, so no point of me repeating that. And I find no reason for myself to vote on stink. (Actaully, most of the votes that other players put on him seem to be just placed without a reason.) So unless someone has more convincing reasons, i guess I'm not suspicious enough of stink to vote against him just yet. Also, the way Daniyah first placed a vote on stink, retracted it, and then voted on him again, seems sorta suspicious to me. Like something someone would do while plotting in a doc :ph34r:

Anyways, everything's too mixed up for me RN, so I'll vote when things get clearer. white text is cool. Someone notice this please

2 hours ago, Doctor12 said:

He sighed and rubbed his head. "@Wonko the Sane, @OrlokTsubodai, @I_am_a_Stick, could I trouble you to make your stances known?"

@Assassin in Burgundy too.

Look who's been lurking :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Okay, I've been quiet because it's kinda hard to get readings on people this game. Maybe it's the lack of communication? People have always been more open in PMs IMO. So yeah...of the current votes, I'd say it's more likely for JUQ to be an elim than any of the others. Sure, there were other people who had voted on El last cycle, but JUQ's vote was thrown in last minute without reasoning. But everyone else here has already discussed that here, so no point of me repeating that. And I find no reason for myself to vote on stink.

Are you saying that you're suspecting JUQ and not Stink? As you can see, the votes between Stink and JUQ are tied, so you could solidify the lynch on JUQ by voting on him. That way, if he does turn out to be Elim, you'll be cleared, partially at least. 

Edited by Daniyah

This bandwagon on STINK stinks (heh) of an attempt to save JUQ by throwing suspicion on someone else, though it's an admittedly poor attempt, considering the significant lack of details. I'm inclined to suspect Alv less for his part in it than JUQ or DA, simply because I'd expect him to be a little more careful than to start a train like that, but of course, he may not have known it would go like that.

To everyone that hadn't voted, please do, and take into account everything that's happening here.

I agree that JUQ's posts are suspicious, but they're so utterly so, one would think that an Elim would take more care. And with all these votes on him he'd be more actively trying to defend himself, I think. From what I've been able to see in the past games I've played, it's mostly the Elims that try the most to defend themselves when accused, comparatively. 

Well, seeing as JUQ is up for the lynch, hopefully he does turn out to be a Traitor.

10 minutes ago, Daniyah said:

Well, seeing as JUQ is up for the lynch, hopefully he does turn out to be a Traitor.

If he isn't, my next main suspicions are Jondesu, and STINK.  If he is, my main suspicions will be Alv, and Jondesu.  In that order.

Well that worked out better than I thought it would.  Not as good as I hoped but better than expected.

I voted for Stink for several reasons.  

Firstly and most importantly was because both Lopen and El died.  The two of them are our main conversation starters and without them the thread died.  Or was at least placed on life support.  I saw that no one was starting any real conversation so I decided to try something.  And it worked.  I expected JUQ to vote for Stink to save himself which would tie up the votes then it would be up to everyone else as to which side they supported.  Do they go for JUQ for reasons that have already been stated?  Do they go for Stink based on nothing more than a vague suspicion and try and justify it?  Do they just talk and not vote?  Do they vote for me simply because I didn't reveal my reasons?  No matter what they did there would more to work with than what we had.

Secondly, it was Stink.  Sorry Stink but your erraticness made you the perfect target.  People would be more willing to vote on you rather than Jond or Dani.

Thirdly, and least important, since I don't see it happening is what happens in a tie near the end of the cycle.  Will the elims do nothing or will they try and save one of their own?  Assuming of course that Stink or JUQ is an Elim.

Personally I don't care which is lynched.  As long as it's not me I'm happy to string up anyone.

I think having it as a tie would be best so sorry Stink, I have no idea which side you are on but I'm going to leave my vote on you.

Let the Gods of Luck and Chance make the call!

22 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I could vote for STINK.  Then we would have a tie.

Would you like that, Alv?  If they are both village, you'd die next round.

Yes, I would like that very much.

If they are both village then I will vote for myself.  But, only if we get a tie this round.  However it won't be next round unless the Elims target either Stink or JUQ which raises the risk of a wasted kill.

If we could also tie up my lynching should it come to that, even better.  I'm willing to place my life in the hands of the Gods of Luck and Chance.

13 minutes ago, STINK said:

Could we maybe not have a tie? :P

Com'on Stink.  Where's your sense of adventure.  Just think of the heart palpitations you will have as you wait for the write up.

33 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I could vote for STINK.  Then we would have a tie.

Would you like that, Alv?  If they are both village, you'd die next round.

Let's please not have a tie. I dislike leaving things to chance, and I don't think STINK is an Elim, not currently.

I get that you're suspicious of me either way, and I wish I had a way to change that (one hasn't occurred to me, but if I can do anything to help clear myself, beyond lynching Elims, let me know). I do hope you won't let something like this end with a coin toss, however.

I'll be asleep when the write up happens, which sucks cause I'm gonna miss out on last minute vote shenanigans, so yes it is likely that you're going to get your tie Alv.

Which is more annoying than I can say with the filter.

9 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Let's please not have a tie. I dislike leaving things to chance, and I don't think STINK is an Elim, not currently.

I do hope you won't let something like this end with a coin toss, however.

What's with everyone not wanting Luck and Chance to play a part?  

Do you not take a chance every time you sign up for a game?  It's not like you know what role/alignment you're going to get.

Do you not take a chance every night when village?  You could be killed at any time.

Do you not take a chance when you lynch someone on the first day?  You might lynch a valuable role that the village needs.

These games are all about Luck and Chance.  Let's roll the Dice and see what happens.  Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Edited by Alvron

Thank you for the inspirational speech Alv.  I'd be more inclined to change my vote if I felt like chance had ever favored me in the history of ever.  So, I'm going to trust my gut on this one.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat.  Gotta have a cool quote in another language to combat yours.

Also, I find it extremely amusing that you used that particular phrase.  I mean, I know this is a Brandon Sanderson forum, but it always makes me happy when someone actually references a book outside of RP.  Plus, I love Mat Cauthon. :D 

Cycle Three - Windbreak

The detour they had had to make brought them out of the jungle proper into a more open rocky region. While one might have expected that leaving the jungle would make thing safer, that was far from the case. Tracks of dangerous creatures were almost impossible to detect, and the area was home to its own variety of unique monsters, like beasts almost indistinguishable from larger rocks, covered in an incredibly sticky film that trapped any creatures foolish or unlucky enough to touch it, keeping them in place while it poisoned the creature and waited for it to quickly die before unfolding, dragging it away, and messily consuming its prey. That wasn’t going to be a sight Idoya would soon forget.

They had lost more time when the wind picked up. The wind had whipped up a mess of dust and sand, dropping visibility to almost zero. They’d had to quickly move towards a cave that the trappers had found shortly before the winds had picked up. Not all of them had made it though. Yazava wasn’t there when they did a head count. And then Nannyberry had disappeared. Apparently he had been forced out back into the winds and dust to find Yazava. He didn’t return.

Something did come out of the detour though. Once the duststorm had died down, and they’d continued their journey, they found something remarkable. Stone formations with holes in them for the wind to whistle through. As the wind changed, different eerie notes sang out. And once they’d left the rocks, and begun moving back into the jungle, Idoya had looked back at the hills they’d just passed through. From this point, before the trees obscured the view, she noticed a formation of rocks that resembled something like that of a howling wolf. And now she knew they were on the right track. The mad trapper had mentioned these. Maybe they’d be finding something after all.

JUQ was lynched. He was a researcher.
Alvron was killed. He was a researcher.

Clanky has replaced Darkness Ascendant.
Aman has replaced Orlok.

Vote Tally
JUQ(6): Doc, Polking, Jondesu, Magestar, Stink, Ecthelion
STINK(4): Daniyah, Alvron, JUQ, Darkness Ascendant
Daniyah(1): Stick

Player List

1. Sean (polkinghornbd) is up for a Get Rich Quick scheme
2. Szeth-daughter-daughter-Neturo (Assassin in Burgundy) has a death wish
3. Rumberry (Ecthellion III) has a hand glued to their face
4. Doc (Doctor12) is criminally late to the party
5. This could also be you (Darkness Ascendant) is also a human gossiping  fungi at parties
6. Svetao (Daniyah) is eerily cheerful
7. Sherlock (Magestar) can't understand why the planet is named "First from the Sun"
8. Nyali (Nyali) will rest when she's dead
9. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) is resentful of gingers
10. Dr. Bres Kalei (Wonko the sane) is abundantly proficient at doctoring papers
11. Third of the Storm (Jondesu) is proud of his heritage
12. Nannyberry (JUQ) leaves posters on trees
13. First of the Twilight (Elbereth) comes from the stars Researcher
14. Charlie (STINK) is functionally mute
15. Link (TheMightyLopen) has an aviar that tells tales of a legendary princess Researcher
16. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) is inexplicably faceless
17. Yazava (Alvron) is shrouded in shadow  Researcher

gre_1480217400.png

Edited by Alvron