Stink has a point. I agree that things look bad for JUQ right now, but it isn't three-votes-in-two-hours bad. Let's give him a chance to speak for himself before we throw him to the nightmaws.

I will hopefully be able to grab a minute or two tomorrow to do some analysis, and maybe throw out some suspicions and/or poke votes, but right now I am too tired for any of that. I should have been in bed hours ago. :P

I personally think Jondesu has been acting a bit odd, however, that could be put down to his being a 'first time villager'.  Still, I think I'm the most suspicious of him, and I'll go back over the thread today to try and draw up some more evidence beyond just gut reads.

I also think that this JUQ bandwagon is an awful idea.  It actually increases my suspicions of Jondesu and Polking.  

I'm not sure what to think of Doc.

28 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I personally think Jondesu has been acting a bit odd, however, that could be put down to his being a 'first time villager'. 

I'm pretty sure I mentioned in my first post of the MR (or at least pretty early on) that the whole 'first time villager' thing isn't a valid excuse :P In fact, after being evil multiple times (where you have to think about what both sides of the game are thinking of doing), that should make him a 'better first time villager' than other 'first time villagers', if we presume that Jondesu is actually good and not following his norm of being evil. 

And apparently I still make posts disagreeing with Magestar when Mage is voting on someone else :P I just can't help it apparently.

1 hour ago, STINK said:

I'm pretty sure I mentioned in my first post of the MR (or at least pretty early on) that the whole 'first time villager' thing isn't a valid excuse :P In fact, after being evil multiple times (where you have to think about what both sides of the game are thinking of doing), that should make him a 'better first time villager' than other 'first time villagers', if we presume that Jondesu is actually good and not following his norm of being evil. 

I know.  That's why I'm still voting on him.  Plus, looking at his actions, I can see some correlation between how he's acting now and how he's acted in the past.  And I'd like to hear what he has to say.

And STINK, do you have any suspicions?  What do you think of Jondesu?

Just now, harambe said:

wait are  you guys playing mafia / town of salem / palermo 
this is sooooo cool  

how can i participate in the next game?

This is indeed an online game of mafia, themed to the books :P 

To participate in the next game, just wait for the next thread to come up that has either 'LG29' or 'QF20', but I'll use the @ feature to bring you to that thread so you don't have to remember :P That game will have it's own specific rules and stuff, but I assume that I don't have to tell you the basic rules seeing as you have played ToS and mafia etc.

Also, seeing as this is an in-game thread (where only people in the game are supposed to post), you should ask your other questions in the 'Questions and Answers' thread that is also in this subforum. Otherwise, see ya when the next game starts!

8 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I know.  That's why I'm still voting on him.  Plus, looking at his actions, I can see some correlation between how he's acting now and how he's acted in the past.  And I'd like to hear what he has to say.

And STINK, do you have any suspicions?  What do you think of Jondesu?

Well, I had suspicions, but they turned out to be wrong :( 

I dunno about Jondesu, haven't really had time to look at anyone's posts in detail seeing as I was busy for like the whole of C1 and the only thing to happen in C2 is Jondesu joining a bandwagon, but that happens all the time.

A little suspicious of Stink, but that's only based on the fact that last cycle he states suspicion on El, doesn't give a reason and doesn't vote. Seemed to me like he was sowing the seed of suspicion towards El but not committing to it himself, waiting to see how others would go at it. Then later on, towards the end of the cycle, he gives the reason for his suspicion but still not votes, seeing as how 'El was already up for the lynch'. But then doesn't vote to solidify the lynch on her, keeping himself clear. I dunno, maybe that's just me being paranoid. 

Clearly(heh) not keeping myself clear if I'm the first person to say I'm suspicious of someone, and being suspicious does not mean I want them to die and think they're evil etc etc, it's not 'you either want them dead or you trust them'. So yes, I was suspicious of El. Suspicious enough to actively try and lynch her? Nope, otherwise no-one would try and change their playstyle ever, which I personally think isn't that good 'cause I must have changed my playstyle about 8 times now or something. Now if you want me to vote for someone?

Daniyah.

See, I can vote! :P

Gah, sorry El, I did say it was a super weak reason that I voted for you, but it's all I really had =\

I'm now suspicious of too many people, JUQ, Stink, and Jondesu being highest among them. I'll post more when work is less busy.

Edited by Nyali

52 minutes ago, STINK said:

Clearly(heh) not keeping myself clear if I'm the first person to say I'm suspicious of someone, ...

Maybe that's exactly what you want us to think :ph34r: 

54 minutes ago, STINK said:

and being suspicious does not mean I want them to die and think they're evil etc etc, it's not 'you either want them dead or you trust them'. So yes, I was suspicious of El. Suspicious enough to actively try and lynch her? Nope, otherwise no-one would try and change their playstyle ever, which I personally think isn't that good 'cause I must have changed my playstyle about 8 times now or something

I don't know. When I, personally, am suspicious of someone, I do think they're evil and want them to die, if only to see if they really were evil or not:P I guess I'll wait and see what others think before retracting my vote.

57 minutes ago, STINK said:

Daniyah.

See, I can vote! :P

Good to be reassured :P  

Actually, add Polking to my suspicion list. Lopen only went after Polking and Elbereth, so that has to put at least a little suspicion on Polking, though it could be misdirection of course. Also, he went after JUQ the moment this turn started in a way that makes me suspicious of him. So, might as well start off with Polking. I might change that to one of the other people I'm suspicious of later in the turn.

(putting this in a new post instead of an edit to my previous one 'cause Dani posted while I was writing it)

16 minutes ago, Daniyah said:

Maybe that's exactly what you want us to think

Sorry, next time I'll poke vote like everyone else, that sound good to you?

16 minutes ago, Daniyah said:

I don't know. When I, personally, am suspicious of someone, I do think they're evil and want them to die, if only to see if they really were evil or not

I'm fine with being unsure, seeing as I start a game with everyone being suspicious, and if you get my trust, then congratulations. El went down the most, but not enough that I wanted her to die or anything, 'cause she always (well, usually :P) has good input on a situation, which is a reason to be suspicious of those that were suspicious of el (just a little) and even more suspicious of those that voted for el, and before anyone goes 'well then STINK why don't you vote for one of the people that voted for el etc', well I'm not 'cause there's no reason for me to, and I'd rather prefer that my vote goes to show something else rather than joining a bandwagon on whoever it is. 

Mage, I'm not trying to play any first-time-villager card (I used up my noob claims I. MR17 I think :P). I'm being completely genuine here, which is probably why I sometimes seem erratic. I do that IRL too. I try to keep people off balance, sure, but I'm also just an inconsistent person and don't always understand my own reasoning. With JUQ, though, remember that I'm not really jumping on the bandwagon so much; I suspected him C1 and the fact that El was village was something someone stated ahead of time would make him more suspicious. He couldn't well have retracted his vote at that point, since that would also have seemed suspicious.

Edited by Jondesu

50 minutes ago, STINK said:

Sorry, next time I'll poke vote like everyone else, that sound good to you?

It's not poke vote when you're suspicious of them 

51 minutes ago, STINK said:

I'm fine with being unsure, seeing as I start a game with everyone being suspicious, and if you get my trust, then congratulations. El went down the most, but not enough that I wanted her to die or anything, 'cause she always (well, usually :P) has good input on a situation, which is a reason to be suspicious of those that were suspicious of el (just a little) and even more suspicious of those that voted for el, and before anyone goes 'well then STINK why don't you vote for one of the people that voted for el etc', well I'm not 'cause there's no reason for me to, and I'd rather prefer that my vote goes to show something else rather than joining a bandwagon on whoever it is.

Fine. Fair enough, I guess. Stink.

@STINK The longer I think about it, the more I find that I'm not convinced by your argument. I mean, you say "El went down the most, but not enough that I wanted her to die or anything". This is bothering me. In fact, everything you've said is bothering me, now that I've had a long thought about it. I'll feel more comfortable just keeping my vote on you. Stink. 

Ha, the bandwagon is here. I don't have much time for this game, so I don't really mind being lynched. However, I think it is perhaps more intelligent to lynch a Traitor, so I'm going to vote for STINK, simply because Alvron seems have intel.