I wish I could believe you, Nyali, but there's just this strong feeling that you're more than you're saying, this game. Too many times, you've helped vote off innocents, and then the kills in the night seem to implicate others, who then also turn up clean. If you're Elim, I'm going to be very impressed by your gameplay this game. If not...well, I don't know.

I don't have much time since I'm about to go on a date, but I'm going to vote for Assassin before I leave, because I have the opposite read as you, Jondesu, especially considering his activity has spiked very recently, as if he's a Traitor who hasn't had to get involved due to the village following the wrong leads, but with numbers so small and attention drawn to him, has no choice but to start voting.

Breakthrough

They had finally reached it. The trail had started climbing upwards, while also becoming more cleared out, eventually turning into a road. They’d crested the top, and looked down into the bowl shaped depression before them. Yes, it was overgrown, and just a little bit swampy, but this was what they’d been looking for. Patji’s Cauldron. There looked to be something of an outpost here, all made out of stone, and covered in the same slime as the marker they’d found yesterday. How had this gotten here? Nothing like this had ever been reported as being found anywhere. Was this from a lost civilisation? This was going to be groundbreaking discovery!

They’d all spread out, to look through the buildings, to find anything to bring back with them, and to take notes of what they found. Szeth had accompanied Idoya, helping her investigate some of the outer structures. “I wonder what all these symbols mean…” She looked around, surprised when there was no response, only to see Szeth slump to the ground. “You…!”  Then…

Assassin was lynched. They were a Researcher.

Vote Tally
Assassin(3): Nyali, Stick, Amanuensis
Nyali(3): Jondesu, Assassin, Wonko

Spoiler

1. Sean (polkinghornbd) is up for a Get Rich Quick scheme Researcher
2. Szeth-daughter-daughter-Neturo (Assassin in Burgundy) has a death wish Researcher
3. Rumberry (Ecthellion III) has a hand glued to their face Researcher
4. Doc (Doctor12) is criminally late to the party Researcher
5. This could also be you (Darkness Ascendant/Clanky) is also a human gossiping  fungi at parties Researcher
6. Svetao (Daniyah) is eerily cheerful Researcher
7. Sherlock (Magestar) can't understand why the planet is named "First from the Sun" Researcher
8. Nyali (Nyali) will rest when she's dead Researcher
9. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) is resentful of gingers Traitor
10. Dr. Bres Kalei (Wonko the sane) is abundantly proficient at doctoring papers Traitor
11. Third of the Storm (Jondesu) is proud of his heritage Researcher
12. Nannyberry (JUQ) leaves posters on trees
13. First of the Twilight (Elbereth) comes from the stars Researcher
14. Charlie (STINK) is functionally mute Traitor
15. Link (TheMightyLopen) has an aviar that tells tales of a legendary princess Researcher
16. Locke (OrlokTsubodai/Aman) is inexplicably faceless Traitor
17. Yazava (Alvron) is shrouded in shadow  Researcher

And that's the game! The Traitors have won, as they now outnumber the Researchers

The GM's thoughts, and the last few write ups, should be coming in the next few days.

Also coming in the next few days will be the signups for a QF, which I will be running with much the same rules. :)

Doc links: Traitors, Spectators, Corpses

Edited by Alvron
Jondesu actually survived. Aman was nice and removed the kill order on him.

Yeah, the eliminators played well. And never trust Aman :P

I would recommend everyone have a look at the traitor doc by the way. They did a good job (other than forgetting to put a kill in at one point...)

And to clarify - the game rules said that the traitors had to outnumber the researchers. That meant that a tie in numbers (3v3) doesn't end the game. To be honest, I'm surprised so many people were unsure about that...

Well, since kills go before votes, 3v3 means the elims are guaranteed to win. They just all vote for one person, and kill someone voting for the other person. So if ties don't end the game in this format, then the last turn is just a formality.

Just now, Nyali said:

Well, since kills go before votes, 3v3 means the elims are guaranteed to win. They just all vote for one person, and kill someone voting for the other person. So if ties don't end the game in this format, then the last turn is just a formality.

Kills don't stop votes. You guys just assumed they did. :P

Kills and votes were effectively simultaneous in this game - didn't interfere with each other at all. If you'd lynched Aman, for instance, it would have gone to 2v2, and continued playing. If not for the requirement of 2 votes to lynch, it would have been feasible to have complete draw. But yeah, I guess it's something of a formality. Still, I don't think I've played any games where a tie formally ends the game?

3 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Kills don't stop votes. You guys just assumed they did. :P

You :ph34r:'d me... But yes, this. Don't forget you are allowed to ask the GM for clarifications of game rules. I wasn't going to volunteer them, but I would have answered some questions if asked.

Edited by Haelbarde

43 minutes ago, Daniyah said:

Good game :)  Thanks Hael. 

You are most welcome. Hopefully you learnt a thing or two :)

Speaking of, if any spectators, or anyone really, have general advice they would offer people about things to do, or things to look for, please do tell.

11 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

You :ph34r:'d me... But yes, this. Don't forget you are allowed to ask the GM for clarifications of game rules. I wasn't going to volunteer them, but I would have answered some questions if asked.

"Kills come before lynching" sounded pretty specific to me. That said, to me, that kills are processed before lynches are, so if someone died, their vote is canceled... That's how order of action generally goes. In reality, you meant "kills and lynches are simultaneous" or "kills come before lynching but don't cancel votes, so really they come at the same time as lynches" :P Ah well.

Kills come before lynches in that if there isn't a traitor kill, it cannot be because the lynch killed them instead. The only time I can ever remember votes being canceled because someone died first, regardless of where lynch is in the order of actions, is QF15. Where it was specifically stated. And... when there's doubt, asking never hurts. :P 

Excellent game, all. I apologize profusely for being inactive D1 and getting lynched as a result. >> That was my fault. But well played, in any case, and see you in the next one! 

I was only a Spectator for a few turns, but I've got a couple things I'd like to point out. Honestly, quite a bit of my game play this game was explicitly geared towards helping teach some lessons.

On 12/4/2016 at 10:52 PM, Haelbarde said:

Yeah, the eliminators played well. And never trust Aman :P

This was not one of them, however >>

This particular lesson was don't trust a player just because they were instrumental in the death of an eliminator. As Nyali pointed out towards the end of the game, it was very odd that I was still alive. The excuses I made were not very well formed, and that was partially intentional. Another thing is, under normal (village) circumstances, a player is more likely to point out things that are odd themselves. Like for example, Doc saying how surprised he was that people weren't gunning for him. I personally completely ignored the fact I was still alive after a while, partly to see how long it would take for others to point it out.

On the note of completely ignoring things, did anyone else notice my constant omissions of Stick's existence? That was intentional. By avoiding talking about her and focusing on other players, I effectively made sure suspicion on her was a minimum. Be on the look out for players seemingly ignoring the existence of others. Yes, some people can be forgetful, but a connection like that might be very important to draw upon some day.

I'm sure I had more, but unfortunately I've got to get ready to head home and finally get some sleep. so I'll have more statements to make later. I imagine that the QF is going to be even more challenging for the village due to the shorter turns, so I hope everyone who played this game takes some things they learned into it, and more importantly than that, has a lot of fun.

Oh, and of course, good game, everyone! And thank you very much, Hael, for running this for us all :]

Edited by Amanuensis