11 minutes ago, Nyali said:

Okay, that definitely looks like a voting bloc now. AmanuensisDoc

@Wonko the Sane

What? There were no votes on Doc! Why would you risk fracturing the lynch like that? If you're suspicious of Doc for voting with Aman, surely that means you're still suspicious of Aman? What possible reason could you have to switch? You just ratcheted up my suspicion of you a lot. Aman Nyali

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I feel inclined to agree with you, Nyali, which is why I'm starting to have my doubts right now. Ugh. I have to get ready for work, but I should be on again in approximately one hour. See you all then.

If you are actually village, sorry for the sudden turn on you - I'm doubting all my gut reads right now, and last time that happened, it was the person who I thought was least likely an elim (Wilson in LG20). The fact that you aren't trying to vote in a bloc like others are makes me doubt you being an elim.

Heh this will definitely be the last time I'll be able to reply (on the car now heading to the rest venue),  but I must want to note how interesting that the person Nyali mentions when trying to turn the vote  against me is Wonko, the partner that Aman connected with her.

And in gone. Exam lasts til one, which will be long after rollover  so this will be my last post for this cycle. See ya guys! 

Wish me luck, coz I'll need it. 

1 hour ago, Wonko the Sane said:

What? There were no votes on Doc! Why would you risk fracturing the lynch like that? If you're suspicious of Doc for voting with Aman, surely that means you're still suspicious of Aman? What possible reason could you have to switch? You just ratcheted up my suspicion of you a lot. Aman Nyali

So, if I'm second guessing my thoughts about Aman, I should instead vote for myself (EDIT: Or the person a voting bloc of potential elims is voting for) to keep the vote from fracturing? That doesn't make much sense...

1 hour ago, Doc12 said:

Heh this will definitely be the last time I'll be able to reply (on the car now heading to the rest venue),  but I must want to note how interesting that the person Nyali mentions when trying to turn the vote  against me is Wonko, the partner that Aman connected with her.

I was mentioning the person who was voting along with me at the time so they knew I changed my vote.

EDIT: One final defense, @Amanuensis - If you are right and Wonko and I are the last two elims, then why didn't I support the vote on Assassin rather than trying to divert votes elsewhere? Heck, I could have just said nothing and not voted, and Assassin would probably have been lynched with just those three votes.

Edited by Nyali

3 hours ago, Nyali said:

This cycle should end with only two people having votes for them. That's the only way the village can win. We need two trains - the elims aren't going to vote for themselves when only one lynch is needed for them to win. (Unless I'm wrong about the number or what happens on a tie.) We need to wind up consolidated.

EDIT: @Amanuensis - I'm not going to bother trying to defend myself, but I'd like you to look at the voting patterns of this turn. Do you think @Assassin in Burgundy is an eliminator? That train on him stared awfully fast. If you think he's innocent, whom among the voters for him is most suspicious to you? I'm not certain you are an elim, that was a gut read from the fact that you've been wrong a lot. But, I do believe very strongly that the elims are going to focus their votes this turn. I don't expect you to change your vote, but in the case that you are a villager, which of Clanky, Doc, and Stick do you trust the least?

I'm sorry, is it wrong to defend yourself from getting punched? Because what it sounds like to me is that if you try and disprove the evidence set against you, then that obviously means that you're an Elim. Like seriously, it's not like the villagers should defend themselves! Not at all! Doc. 

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but I've been trying to get online the past two hours and I kept getting an error. Finally working now, though I have no idea why.

I see what your saying, Nyali. Either the explanation here is that Wonko isn't your ally, and you saw a villager going for me, and took it as an opportunity to take me out for the finale, or that all three of you are Traitors together. I was very nearly going to take my vote off of you in favor of Doc, but then Assassin came in and voted on him, and now I think you just answered the questioned you asked for me: you didn't go for the Assassin lynch because you two are teammates. If that theory is right, than it doesn't really matter which of you two I vote to lynch, and since both of you are voting for Doc, I think it's clear he's the only innocent you have a chance of getting rid of instead of either one of you. So for now I think I'm going to have to leave my vote on you, and see if Wonko attempts to save you by voting for Doc as well, or any other player, for that matter.

While I'm not very fond of voting blocs, it seems that no matter which person I vote for, I'm going to end up being a part of one. So I'm just going to trust my gut and my analysis on this one, as I did with STINK.

(3) NyaliAmanuensisDoc12Jondesu

(2) Assassin in BurgundyI_am_a_StickClanky,

(2) Doc12NyaliAssassin in Burgundy

Cycle 7 - Breaking Point

They found what must have been part of a trail. There were relatively even spacings between the trees, and there was some evidence of the ground being flattened in places, although the land had long since fought back. Midmorning, they’d come across a small stone pillar covered in an odd green-grey growth. Idoya surmised it was meant as some sort of marker, though she didn’t recognize any of the pictograms on it. They’d spent an hour there, so she could sketch some of the markings for her notes. It didn’t help when a fight broke out.

Returning to the camp, quite the scene confronted her. The group had divided itself into three parts. One group wanted to return - proof of the rumours had been found, but someone had been killing them to try stop them from getting here. They were arguing it would be best to leave it for whoever wanted it, and then maybe everyone would get out of it alive. Another group argued that they’d come this far, it was foolish to not see the journey through. The last group was arguing that they’d killed the last of the traitors the other day, and so everything was safe. But everyone was suspicious everyone else for it. Then a rock got thrown, and the result was a massive brawl. When the dust settled, everyone was bruised and battered, and there were 2 corpse - Doc had seemingly hit his head and bled out, and ‘This could also be you’ was lying there with a knife in his chest. Everyone was awfully quiet after that.

Doc was lynched. He was a Researcher.
Clanky was killed. He was a Researcher.

Vote Tally
Nyali(2): Doc, Jond
Doc(3): Nyali, Assassin, Aman
Assassin(2): Stick, Clanky

Spoiler

1. Sean (polkinghornbd) is up for a Get Rich Quick scheme Researcher
2. Szeth-daughter-daughter-Neturo (Assassin in Burgundy) has a death wish
3. Rumberry (Ecthellion III) has a hand glued to their face Researcher
4. Doc (Doctor12) is criminally late to the party Researcher
5. This could also be you (Darkness Ascendant/Clanky) is also a human gossiping  fungi at parties Researcher
6. Svetao (Daniyah) is eerily cheerful Researcher
7. Sherlock (Magestar) can't understand why the planet is named "First from the Sun" Researcher
8. Nyali (Nyali) will rest when she's dead
9. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) is resentful of gingers
10. Dr. Bres Kalei (Wonko the sane) is abundantly proficient at doctoring papers
11. Third of the Storm (Jondesu) is proud of his heritage
12. Nannyberry (JUQ) leaves posters on trees
13. First of the Twilight (Elbereth) comes from the stars Researcher
14. Charlie (STINK) is functionally mute Traitor
15. Link (TheMightyLopen) has an aviar that tells tales of a legendary princess Researcher
16. Locke (OrlokTsubodai/Aman) is inexplicably faceless
17. Yazava (Alvron) is shrouded in shadow  Researcher

gre_1480908600.png

Edited by Alvron

Now that was unexpected... I guess either there are only two elims left, or ties don't end the game with an elim victory.

In any case, i think it's clear that we're pretty screwed. None of my leads have turned out to be right. Well, killing Clanky seems to imply that they wanted to protect Assassin. So, Assassin? I dunno, I'm totally lost at this point =\ Feel free to kill me and end the game if you want, right now I really, really want to know who the elims are.

Huh. The game isn't over. Does that mean there were originally only three elims in the game? Isn't that, i don't know, kinda less? Though I'm willing to bet that one of the two remaining elims is Assassin. So I'm going to keep my vote on Assassin. The fact that Clanky and I were the only ones who voted on Assassin last cycle, and that Clanky's now dead (a villager no less) seems to put more weight to it. But yeah, I know, I know, confirmed good doesn't mean confirmed right. But idk..

23 minutes ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Huh. The game isn't over. Does that mean there were originally only three elims in the game? Isn't that, i don't know, kinda less? Though I'm willing to bet that one of the two remaining elims is Assassin. So I'm going to keep my vote on Assassin. The fact that Clanky and I were the only ones who voted on Assassin last cycle, and that Clanky's now dead (a villager no less) seems to put more weight to it. But yeah, I know, I know, confirmed good doesn't mean confirmed right. But idk..

Or it could be that that's what the Elims want us to think. I'm guessing you and Nyali are the last Elims. 

Honestly Assassin, your votes lately have seemed a bit confusing / fickle. Can you articulate for me exactly why you voted for Doc yesterday?

@Wonko the Sane between Nyali and Assassin who would you vote for? After the stunts you pulled yesterday, I'm starting to wonder more about you.

@Jondesu it seems you're being a bit lax with your participation compared to normal. Can you please try to articulate your thoughts more?

I do wish I kept my vote on Nyali, for the record. I started questioning myself there towards the end, and made a rash decision. I might vote on her again this time, but I'm going to go over everything that's happened this game again to see if there's anything I've missed.

Edited by Amanuensis

At this point, i've given up. Every read I've had all game has proven to be totally wrong. I'm just waiting for the reveal now. I'll laugh if Aman turns out to really be an elim. I don't really think it's the case, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

@Wonko the Sane between Nyali and Assassin who would you vote for? After the stunts you pulled yesterday, I'm starting to wonder more about you.

Between the two, I'd have to say Nyali, for reasons I've stated before. Like her, though, I'm no longer confident of anything. I guess we just wait till the cycle ends and pray.

No need to apologize, Assassin. I was just trying to understand you a little better.

On that note, there's not really much I can do here. If I vote on Assassin, the game will end up determined by a coin flip, unless someone voting for Nyali is willing to do a 180. But I'm not even sure if I suspect Assassin more. I guess I do, even though Nyali's got more evidence stacked against her. I just can't shake the feeling that her tone is genuine, and it's really messing with my head. @Jondesu and @Wonko the Sane, are you two dead set on voting for Nyali?

(3) NyaliJondesuAssassin in BurgundyWonko the Sane

(2) Assassin in BurgundyNyaliI_am_a_Stick,

@Amanuensis, I'm just not feeling Assassin being Elim, and I've been suspecting Nyali for a long time, but had held back for the same reason (she sounds genuine). I think I'm just going to be really impressed by how well she's played us, though, unless of course I'm wrong and she's clean. So, I guess I'm not 100% dead set, but I don't think I'd switch to Assassin without some really compelling reason.