1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

Eh, not sure what I can say about that, since it all seems like feelings based on me doing...the opposite of what I'd do as an Elim. I haven't been working with STINK as a teammate or even just unsuspectingly via PMs, and I wasn't trying to distance myself either. I wasn't suspicious of Elbereth, and guess what? She was clean. If I'd been working with STINK, I didn't have to say any of that, and no one would have connected us at all.

I mean, I suppose. These are just context clues, not real evidence. And the context required to explain the motivations is your alignment, which we can only find out by killing you. Your involvement (or lack there of) in the STINK lynch is the main reason why I think you're more suspicious than Mage, and these are just the other things I noticed that support that theory. I still believe I'm right, which means it's my duty to vote for you, though I hope you know my helping kill you will be as gentlemanly as possible. Traitor or not, I'll still bandage up your corpse, redress you in a pristine suit, and ship you back home to your family, because as evil as you may be, they still love and care for you, and being able to lay you to rest is the least they deserve.

Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, Ookla the Indubitable said:

Just saying, this does not clear you at all.  You could have been an Elim and known that El was clean, and not voted on her to seem more villager-y.  I'm seriously considering moving my vote back onto you.

Gah, I know that. I'm saying his reasoning of me saying El wasn't being bandwagoned and me not being suspicious of her making me looks suspicious is just...baffling honestly.

Whatever, I can't change ya'lls minds this round apparently, so I'll just have to hope that others agree with me and move the lynch onto someone else. If you do lynch me, take care of Sisiru, if she doesn't peck your eyes out.

Can we have a vote tally?

Also, Doc.  This lynch doesn't seem to be going anywhere.  Jondesu.  I'm still suspicious of you, and I think It makes more sense to lynch you.

Just remembered I forgot this.  Mage.

Edited by Ookla the Indubitable

Official Tally

Jondesu(2): Nyali, Aman
Magestar(3): Doc, Stick, Jondesu
Nyali(1): Clanky
Wonko(1): Daniyah

@Ookla the Indubitable @Ookthelion III So far none of your votes have been counted as you've neither signed your posts, or left a clear indicator in your sig/member title of who you are (I know it's pretty obvious that Ookthelion is Ecthelion, and I also know that Ookla the Indubitable is Magestar, but I made a rule, and I'm going to stick with it until there are no more ooklas)

Edited by Haelbarde

33 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

@Ookla the Indubitable @Ookthelion III So far none of your votes have been counted as you've neither signed your posts, or left a clear indicator in your sig/member title of who you are (I know it's pretty obvious that Ookthelion is Ecthelion, and I also know that Ookla the Indubitable is Magestar, but I made a rule, and I'm going to stick with it until there are no more ooklas)

Sorry Hael.  I knew I had missed it, and I just fixed it now.

Mage.

From what I can see, that means we're missing votes from polking, Assassin, Ecthellion, DA, and Wonko.  I don't know the Ookla names of several of those players, and @polkinghornbd hasn't been on in a while.  Can we get those who haven't voted to please do so, though?

@Ookthelion III, you voted but Hael noted that it doesn't count because you didn't sign it.  I'd appreciate it if you'd vote on someone else, simply because you're the only one voting for Doc right now anyways, and you could theoretically save me (I know you could force it over onto me too, but I'm hoping you won't).

EDIT: @Clanky and @Daniyah, would ya'll be willing to consider moving your votes, since your chosen targets aren't looking like they'll be lynched either?  I'd appreciate the save, but even if I go down, I want everyone else to be able to see the voting patterns so they can get the Elims who are at least part of orchestrating the lynch on me, I'm sure.

Edited by Jondesu

Editing the original will suffice. And yes I know yours is particularly obvious, but I decided to make the ruling that it is still an Ookla name so the rules regarding them applies. I'd also be satisfied with your username being in your member title , or if it was in your sig as being clear as saying you are you.

25 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

EDIT: @Clanky and @Daniyah, would ya'll be willing to consider moving your votes, since your chosen targets aren't looking like they'll be lynched either?  I'd appreciate the save, but even if I go down, I want everyone else to be able to see the voting patterns so they can get the Elims who are at least part of orchestrating the lynch on me, I'm sure.

I don't think you're an Elim, Jond. I would move my vote to solidify the lynch on Mage, but the thing is, I don't know about him. I'm not particularly suspicious of him either. And I don't trust my judgement to be confident enough to place a deciding vote :P 

51 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I feel kinda the same way as Dainayah. I'm starting to think that neither of Mage or you are traitors. So I don't really want to solidify a lynch on someone who is likely innocent. If I'm wrong and one of you are traitors leaving it as a tie will likely involve another traitor, if they haven't all already voted, to show up to avoid the tie. But still doing nothing with a tied lynch doesn't necessarily appeal to me either. 

I'm about to go to sleep, so I'll just reaffirm that I'm keeping my vote where I've got it. My trust for Dani has decreased significantly, since it's possible she could have been saying she was suspicious of STINK because she was on a team with, like I mentioned Mage could have been doing with Jond earlier. I'm also suspicious since the lynch is the only tool the villagers have in this game, and she's using it on Wonko, who is basically only on my suspicion list at this point because he was absent for the latter half of the previous turn, while in contrast I believe that STINK wouldn't have bothered voting for him if they were teammates, as I stated earlier in this cycle. Though it could have been distancing, I find it a tad unlikely that two elims were up for the lynch at that point, and especially that Wonko is one, given everything else he's posted hasn't set off any red flags for me, either than him being non-committal early on, which as I said, I think is because of level of activity, not his alignment, as he didn't behave that way at all the last time I saw him evil.

I'm as good as dead, I think, so in the odd chance Jond turns out to be innocent, I thinking killing Mage would be best, although Doc is certainly a candidate as well, given he was the only other person to vote on Wonko, and as I pointed out earlier this game, has been involved in every mislynch so far. Ecth is probably the player I trust the most right now due to the placement of his vote on STINK the previous turn. I am suspicious of polking, Clanky and Assassin for similar reasons as Wonko, if not more so than him, because at least in the case of the first two, they have said things I personally interpret as shady. I don't really have much experience with Assassin outside of what I saw of him in the last MR, which was mostly nothing, given he was inactive most of the game, so he could be a part of the reason why there was no kill. I also don't think Nyali is a Traitor, like I said, but I could be wrong about that. I think that covers everyone. Have a good night, ladies and gents.

Edited by Amanuensis

6 minutes ago, Ookthelion III said:

B) Okay, Clanky (Doctor). Stating "yeah, I don't think either of the current lynch targets are villagers" right at the end of a cycle when one of them is about to get lynched and, most likely, revealed a villager  is one of the most eliminatory things one can do.

I think you mean "I don't think either are eliminators"

Anyways sure it is something an eliminator could say. Should I say that I think one of them is a traitor and then refrain from voting. I could choose to vote for one of them and then get in trouble for being the one who broke the tie to lynch a villager. I should point out that I never Also in case you haven't noticed but daniayah said the exact same thing as I did the post before so that would make both of us equally suspicious.

Cycle 5 - Tiebreaker

During one of their stops, Svetao had found something in Charlie’s pack - correspondence from a rival company to the one backing Idoya. It seems the expedition had been infiltrated by a number of people employed by one of their enemies, and they were doing their best to stop them from finding anything in this awful jungle. That hadn’t helped the general sense of paranoia either, but fortunately no one immediately started to attack anyone.

They reached an obstacle in the form of a 50 foot high cliff face midmorning. Apparently it would take far too long to find their way around it, and put them far out of the way to their destination. Second of the Twilight was a good climber though, and so he scaled the cliff face with some rope, finding a place to securely fasten it up the top, allowing a few harnesses to be rigged to slowly assist everyone to make the ascent. By late afternoon, they were down to the last few people. Third of the Storm and Sherlock were both making the ascent when part of the cliff gave way. Both were left dangling in the air, stuck two thirds of the way up the climb. Fortunately, there were enough people around up the top that they could help drag the ropes up to get the two to safety. Until one of the ropes snapped. With a cry, Sherlock began to fell. And then there was a sickening crack as he hit the ground below. He didn’t move again. Then there was another thump, as Svetao joined him with a knife in his skull, dead before he’d even hit the ground..

Magestar was lynched. He was a Researcher.
Daniyah was killed. She was a Researcher.

Vote Tally
Jondesu(3): Nyali, Aman, Magestar
Magestar(3): Doc, Stick, Jondesu
Nyali(1): Clanky
Wonko(1): Daniyah

Doc(1): Ecthelion

Spoiler

1. Sean (polkinghornbd) is up for a Get Rich Quick scheme
2. Szeth-daughter-daughter-Neturo (Assassin in Burgundy) has a death wish
3. Rumberry (Ecthellion III) has a hand glued to their face
4. Doc (Doctor12) is criminally late to the party
5. This could also be you (Darkness Ascendant) is also a human gossiping  fungi at parties
6. Svetao (Daniyah) is eerily cheerful Researcher
7. Sherlock (Magestar) can't understand why the planet is named "First from the Sun" Researcher
8. Nyali (Nyali) will rest when she's dead
9. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) is resentful of gingers
10. Dr. Bres Kalei (Wonko the sane) is abundantly proficient at doctoring papers
11. Third of the Storm (Jondesu) is proud of his heritage
12. Nannyberry (JUQ) leaves posters on trees
13. First of the Twilight (Elbereth) comes from the stars Researcher
14. Charlie (STINK) is functionally mute Traitor
15. Link (TheMightyLopen) has an aviar that tells tales of a legendary princess Researcher
16. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) is inexplicably faceless
17. Yazava (Alvron) is shrouded in shadow  Researcher

gre_1480563000.png

A reminder - If you participate in Ookla season, please sign your posts with the username you signed up under. This is particularly important if you are placing, changing, or removing votes, as I will ignore any posts that aren't signed. (I will accept having your username in your sig or member title in a way that clearly identifies you as well)

When placing or removing votes on players participating in Ookla season, please place votes using the username they signed up with, not their Ookla name.

I will not accept any votes or kill orders that don't follow these rules.

Quick Links (Thanks Alv for maintaining them in the OP. Including them here for when I actually get the write ups all done :P)

Spoiler

C1 – Trailbreak
C2 - Icebreaker
C3 - Windbreak
C4 - Snackbreak
C5 - Tiebreaker

Edited by little wilson
writeup edited in

I'm alive!!! Yay! Please don't try to kill me again. I did say I wasn't convinced about Mage, and I wish I'd had another out (I'm mostly eyeing Nyali, Doc, and Wonko still). If I have a choice between myself and someone else, though, and I don't know for sure that other person has a useful role, then I'm always going to be glad I survived even though we were both villagers and it's a win for the Elims (especially if ya'll do go after me again and keep them safe another round).

Edit: Normally I'd figure that killing the only person who put a vote on you would be a dumb move, which would make me suspect Wonko less. On the other hand, he would have known that I would have expected that; he would have counted on it! So clearly I cannot clear him based on that. On the other hand, he could have broken the tie towards or away from me, which if I'd been an Elim he would have had reason to do, but I cannot clear him because of that either.

Edited by Jondesu

^_^ Technically, I think my vote on Doctor still stood, because I signed that one but not my change to Clanky. If my vote in red doesn't count unsigned, neither should my vote in green, right?

:mellow: Clanky and Daniyah are once again my main suspicious, due to the last-minute "you know, I think the person we're lynching is a villager" stuff.

-Ecthelion, obviously

Edited by Ookthelion III

Well. I don't know what to say anymore. 

I don't even know if I should try.

On Cycle 1 I helped lynch Elbereth.

On Cycle 2 I was the first to vote on JUQ.

On cycle 3 I made a post defending Stink.

On cycle 4 I argued for Magestar's lynch.

Honestly, I'd be suspicious that I wasnt your top suspect by now. I mean, I'm glad that so far I'm still trusted, sure, and I know I'm innocent, but why are you not suspecting me like reasonable people? sigh.

Bah.

I don't even know if I should start making accusations again. 

Okay, I'll just share my thoughts for now.

So Magestar was innocent all along. That means everything I thought was wrong. I did have some doubts initially, and seriously consdiered taking my vote off him, but he sealed his fate when he threw a vote on me and started asking others to lynch me, and so I refused to take my vote off him. 

Okay. 

So. Jondesu. I believe he is innocent. Things he said, such as asking Dani and others to vote to make their stances clear. Him saying that he was willing to be lynched if only so we can glean more information from voting patterns. Things like that make me inclined to trust him. I might be wrong, I don't know. He has also made many of the mistakes I have, such as voting on JUQ, voting on Wonko instead of Stink, and voting for Magestar. I find it darkly ironic that I have done many of the same things and he is more suspicious, perhaps. 

Wonko, I honestly do not know now. It was Mage who first voted on him, and later I voted on him too based on his previous posts. I still hold some measure of suspicion towards him, but as he has been inactive the last few rounds (or at least not responding), I don't feel comfortable lynching him, perhaps.

Aman, I trust, as he was behind the Stink lynch from day 1, and pushed for it. Without him I doubt that Stink would have been lynched, and so I trust him for now. He has also made many points which i personally agree with, so yeah, I think he's trustworthy. 

Nyali has also made some mislynches, and I have a slight suspicious read on her on the Stink lynch. If Jondesu was a villager, I might say she's suspicious. A big reason stems perhaps from the facts that her posts don't have enough analysis, which yes, she has explained due ot her being busy. It's still something to be wary of I guess. 

Clanky, Ecthelion, Assassin, Polking all post too little, if at all, to be analyzed sufficiently. If anyone among the three might be an eliminator, it might be assassin, Polking or clanky. Ecth I sort of have a villagre read for now.

Stick voted on Magestar last cycle. For the previous rounds she had been voting on Daniyah. I know I'm one to talk about mislynching, but yeah, I suppose we should watch her, especially as she's so quiet. 

So...I guess I'll start looking at those who post little, and poke them into giving their views on stuff. Might be helpful. I need to get reads on the quiet ones, I guess.

@polkinghornbd, what are your thoughts on the remaining players? what are your suspicions?

Polking until he responds. 

Sigh. I'm sorry guys. 

Doc out.

Edited by Ookla the Watcher