Mid Range 18 - Patji’s Caldron

Rumors of an artefact found deep in the jungles of one of the islands of the Pantheon have made it to the Homeisles. While it generated some buzz, most have just passed it off as the ramblings of a mad Trapper, but not you. Under the leadership of Idoya, and with the help of Second of the Twilight, and First of the Noon, Trappers based on the island in question, you have all set off on an expedition to find this artefact, and bring it back, if at all possible. Three days after making landfall, people started to die. The first few seemed to be accidents, caused by the very real dangers of the jungle, and the creatures that inhabit it. Then someone was found dead, with a blade from the Homeisles left in their back.

The Rules
There are two teams: Researchers and Traitors. The Traitors are trying to prevent the expedition from succeeding, and ruining the company funding the venture, by causing the party to be killed in the jungle. The Researchers understandably want to survive, and will exile Traitors found from the group, trusting that the without a guide, the jungle will take care of any left behind.

The Researchers win if all the Traitors are dead.

The Traitors win if they outnumber the living Researchers.

Each cycle will be 48 hours long, and will be a combined Day/Night cycle.

Everyone may vote to lynch a player. Vote for a player by posting their name in red. To retract a vote, in a subsequent post (or edit it into the bottom of your post, if no one has posted after you) put the players name in green. If you forget to retract a vote, and end up with multiple votes on different players, I will be taking the earliest vote placed.

2 votes are required to lynch a player. If the lynch is tied with 2 or more votes, one of the tied players will be chosen at random to die.

Please use players profile names, rather than their character names, when placing votes.

Traitors are able to communicate privately with each other in a shared doc. Each cycle they can decide to kill one player. Once a target is decided, one person must put in the kill order in their role PM. If multiple orders are placed, targeting different players, no kill will happen.

All discussion must happen in the main thread - there will be no player-player PMs.

Once during the game, the Traitors can request the GM put in lynch votes on behalf of their team. Every living Traitor must agree to this action. If this happens, the votes will be posted ~3 minutes prior to the end of cycle.

NOTE
The purpose of running this game is to allow people to practice or learn the skills necessary to find/catch eliminators just based on what they say, and how they vote. I feel this is something that we’ve not had a lot of lately, and that it could be something that contributes to players going inactive in games, if they don’t have an interesting role. This is only going to work if players make the effort to contribute to the game.

Please consider, before signing up, if you are going to be able to put in the time to keep up with the game, and contribute to discussion. Consider not signing up if you don’t honestly think you will be able to remain active for the entire game.

P.S.
I guarantee that there definitely won't necessarily be secrets.

Quick Links

Edited by Alvron

Player List:

1. Sean (polkinghornbd) is up for a Get Rich Quick scheme
  2. Szeth-daughter-daughter-Neturo (Assassin in Burgundy) has a death wish
  3. Rumberry (Ecthellion III) has a hand glued to their face
  4. Doc (Doctor12) is criminally late to the party
  5. This could also be you (Darkness Ascendant) is also a human gossiping  fungi at parties
  6. Svetao (Daniyah) is eerily cheerful
  7. Sherlock (Magestar) can't understand why the planet is named "First from the Sun"
  8. Nyali (Nyali) will rest when she's dead
  9. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) is resentful of gingers
  10. Dr. Bres Kalei (Wonko the sane) is abundantly proficient at doctoring papers
  11. Third of the Storm (Jondesu) is proud of his heritage
  12. Nannyberry (JUQ) leaves posters on trees
  13. First of the Twilight (Elbereth) comes from the stars
  14. Charlie (STINK) is functionally mute
  15. Link (TheMightyLopen) has an aviar that tells tales of a legendary princess
  16. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) is inexplicably faceless
  17. Yazava (Alvron) is shrouded in shadow

Game starts in about a week:

gre_1479699000.png

Edited by Haelbarde

1 minute ago, Ecthelion III said:

I'll join.

If there are no roles, why is there a Night turn?

There isn't? If I've said that, I can't see it, and that's not intended to be the case. If you're talking about the combined Day/Night cycle, usually the lynch is in the day, and the eliminator kill is in the night. Both of those happen at the same time in this game, so there is no need of a night cycle.

Signing up as Doc, a man who constantly has to remind others that he's not that kind of Doctor. Otherwise, go mad with the character description, Hael :P

Doc knows that his name isn't exactly First of the Sun naming conventions, and does not care to be reminded of it...(He actually does have a normal name...Which is Fiftieth of the Afternoon. (he came from a large family) You can see why he prefers to go by Doc...)

Edited by Doctor12

@Elenion, Bugsy - you should have the spec doc link, now.

Edit: Ecthellion, were you going to come up with a character name?

Edit 2: Made a slight change to the rules - please use a player's profile/screen name, rather than their character's name, when placing lynch votes.

Edited by Haelbarde

2 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

That's cause of me, isn't it?

Not entirely. The fear of what you may cause may have helped it along, but I hate vote tallies which use the character's name. Having to worry about that while compiling a vote count is just going to make mistakes more likely, by causing me to have to translate the character name into the player name.

Signing up as Svetao. :)  

Like her older brother, she too doesn't like to go by her real name, Fifty-First of the Afternoon. 

Edited by Daniyah
Edited in the actual name, but not changing the name to go by.

Great! I've been missing this sort of game. The average complexity of games here is pretty wonderful, but at the same time, zero complexity games are also fun.

Well, if there are no roles, I might as well sign up as Nyali. I promise to be active at least until I die. No promises after that.

On the other hand, I'll be joining. :D First of the Twilight is in. I'm... not sure what her character is like (I'd have to look back at MR11, when she first appeared), but I will say I likely won't be RPing in this game, at least until I die in LG28. (Hael, if you'd like to use her for writeups, go for it.) I will make sure to be as active as I can. Yay for a roleless game!

Edited by Elbereth