New Shardplate Theory

Seeker861

The leading theory on Shardplate is that it is made of "cousin" Spren to the Radiant Spren. This idea has a lot of merit but one thing about it doesn't feel right to me, Shardplate functions as one object. If it were made of many separate Spren then it likely wouldn't be able to be regrown from any little chunk of the Plate. My theory is that Shardplate is the "Spren" of the Nahel bond. I think that when a Radiant reaches their fifth Oath their bond becomes a living entity, the cognitive representation of that bond. Radiants can then pull this Spren into the Physical realm in the form of Shardplate and can function as separate pieces because the Nahel bond has multiple facets to it. I also think that Radiant Plate is powered by the Radiant's innate Investiture and the Investiture of the Radiant Spren. So current Plate needs to be powered by Stormlight infused gems because it is the Spren of a broken bond. My evidence for this is that Plate grants physical abilities similar to breathing in Stormlight, its ability to be regrown from any piece and the linking with its owner that allows one to mentally command it to fall off. 

7 hours ago, Seeker861 said:

My evidence for this is that Plate grants physical abilities similar to breathing in Stormlight,

stormlight doesn make you stronger it just helps act in your peak capacity without geting tired and be more alert with better reflexes

I think that when a Radiant reaches their fifth Oath their bond becomes a living entity, the cognitive representation of that bond. Radiants can then pull this Spren into the Physical realm in the form of Shardplate and can function as separate pieces because the Nahel bond has multiple facets to it. 

and why is only the blade  making  Kal and Renaren sick and not the plate too

I also think that Radiant Plate is powered by the Radiant's innate Investiture and the Investiture of the Radiant Spren. So current Plate needs to be powered by Stormlight infused gems because it is the Spren of a broken bond.

also blade doesnt need to feed on storm light 

10 hours ago, Seeker861 said:

Radiants can then pull this Spren into the Physical realm in the form of Shardplate and can function as separate pieces because the Nahel bond has multiple facets to it.

Wouldn't this fall under the same problems as having the spren be both the Bow and the Arrow at the same time?

Otherwise, I cannot really argue the points that Harambe has already said.

Credit to Rawrbert on this (previous topic in my unread content feed)

I think you have a point with their being a unique aspect to the Plate, but I'm not sure that it's simply Cognitive... I recall Brandon mentioning about the Spiritual Realm, there being "perfect", idealized versions of everything, he specifically mentioned there being a ideal version of "fire", if I recall correctly.

This makes me wonder if the Shardplate isn't an idealized version of Armour itself, pulled through from the Spiritual Realm by the Spren/Nahel bond somehow? Some Cognitive shenanigans would explain how each Armour looks different, it's each person's idealized Armour, and how they fit themselves so well, and how the plates interlock beneath. It's mentioned quite a few times in WoK how it's the "perfect Armour" as well.

I read it a few moments ago, and I love the idea.

1 hour ago, The One Who Connects said:

Credit to Rawrbert on this (previous topic in my unread content feed)

I read it a few moments ago, and I love the idea.

Haha, thanks! Glad you liked it! ^-^ I'm sure it can be expanded upon by more intellegent/verbose members of the Shard

9 minutes ago, harambe said:

so it is basicly the spren of an armorur?

XD if shalan tried to soulcast it it would be like "I am plate " :D:D

In my mind it's less like the Spren of an Armour, and more of a Super Spren of an Armour, depending on how things work in the Spiritual Realm :D And if Shallan tried Soulcasting it, I imagine if it was in sections it'd be more like "I AM A BOOT."

On 15/11/2016 at 3:40 AM, Patrick Star said:

Rawrbert's idea sounds good at first, but I find it hard to believe that there wasn't a single Radiant who made his armor look like Optimus Prime, so I'm going to have to disregard it :)

If Optimus is in the Cosmere and known to a Radiant, I'm sure there's one out there somewhere XP If they're gaming fans there'll also be a set out there somewhere that looks like Solaire's armour, and if they're anime/manga fans there'll be one that looks like the cursed armour Guts wears in Berserk :D

• Chaos locked this topic