Awakeners Sound System

Oversleep

I had this idea recently. See, when something comes within the aura of an Awakener, its colors get better (not sure how to phrase it). As evidenced in Prologue, this effect can be seen by anyone, not only those in the reach of the aura.

It seems reasonable that sounds would be improved in similar way when passing through a powerful BioChromatic aura.

So basically we had to either have Awakeners play instruments so that the sounds coming from them would be enrichened or, if Nalthis ever hits contemporary technology level, there should be a powerful Awakener sitting on every loudspeaker during concerts.

I think your idea is pretty plausible and indeed I have no counterproof (neither proof to be hones) but I want to point you with a couple of thought, the first is really canon, the second is a headcanon of mine:

- I suppose you developed the idea of "Biocroma affects sound in the area" for the effect of one of the Heighning (I don't remember when you get the perfect pinch sorry) but if this is the case, I think it's not a real correlation...the Health improve through Breath but people inside a Biochromatic aura don't become more healty. Therefore there is no actual correlation between the Heighenings' effect and the Biochromatic Aura's effect....If i don't remember wrong it's stated that the benefit of Breath is to become more and more near to the "deity" (and I think to your own true Perfect Self in the Spiritual).

Ok now my headcanon.

- I think that "color" is the "essence/element" (to be honest I don't know actually how to call it, and neither Brandon...I asked it) of Nalthis (the same thing the "mist" are for Scadrial and probably "gemstone" are for Roshar). Some form the planet's investiture show itself (it's different from the Focus's concept). With this interpretation the Biochromatic's aura affect color because it's already an area of "super saturation" for his own nature.

54 minutes ago, Eki said:

It does seem reasonable, but there's no indication in the book that it's happening. In particular, Siri would have noticed, right?

There wasn't much sound to be improved so that she would have noticed.

@Yata, I'm not talking about improvements to one's senses - being able to discern hues and tones of colors, being able to hear harmonics et cetera. I'm talking about how objects in the vicinity of an Awakener get 'better' colors (it's described as flashing colors).

This man’s aura made colors grow brighter by sharp measure when they got close to him. Anyone would be able to notice an aura that strong, though it was much easier for someone who had reached the First Heightening.
From Prologue

Fireworks sprayed sparks upward in a fountain of light. Some fell close to where Lightsong was sitting, and these blazed with an extra, frenzied light until they died away.

Blushweaver smiled as the fireworks went off again. Within the auras of two gods, the sparks’ colors grew quite powerful indeed. On the far side, some sparks fell to the ground too far from the Breath auras, and these looked dull and weak in comparison—as if their fire were so cool and in significant that they could be picked up and tucked away.

Last two quotes from chapter seven.

Anyway, sound and color are firmly linked to each other when it comes to BioChroma. Heightenings grant improvements to both sight and hearing. Awakening requires both color and sound (Command, spoken clearly).
However, when it comes to observing auras of Awakeners the only thing commented upon is how objects' colors grow better. It stands to reason that sounds made by an object in the aura would also be improved.

2 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

There wasn't much sound to be improved so that she would have noticed.

She spoke a lot with Lightsong, and at the end with Susebron. Other people also spoke in the presence of Susebron, with no comment or special thought from Siri.

I also looked back at the last chapter of the book, when Vasher reveals his Divine Breath. Vivenna notices that his voice is more "regal", but nothing else, before or after the change. I'd say that's more an effect of him thinking of himself as a god. Especially since they were all well within Susebron's Aura already.

yeah @Oversleep I understand what you want to say.

But the fact that Breath improves owner's sight/hear to me it's more about a general improvement of the host than a intrinsecal attribute of Breath (like the improved health and the anti-aging).

This is the reason I don't think Biochromatic Aura "improves" sound too...but of course it's just my idea of the topic

• Chaos locked this topic