Imo, this particular problem that bard speaks of is similar to first day lynches. Not the same, but similar. 

By not exploring, we limit, to an extent, the eliminators' chances of winning. But, that also hinders our avenues for info gathering. 

On the other hand, by exploring, we do spawn more elims, but we also gain more info. Like item/event/omen distribution, and different powers are awarded to people. 

So, as in the case of first day lynches, I say we go ahead with the riskier/seemingly more harmful alternative of all of us exploring. It gives us the most info. Not to mention that I'm not too sure how bard plans to spawn, upon the first bout of exploration, exactly one eliminator.

Not to plagiarise, but in the words of Wyrm "Cripes, how long do you want this game to take >>."

Mark stood next to the south wall, eyeing all the others. 

Any one if them could be the cause of this. I better stay out of their way. 

He laughed at himself. Staying out if people's business? Mark would have sooner rendered all his breath to a lifeless than minded his own business. Those lifeless were unnatural beings, despite what anyone said. Best let dead bodies lay dead. 

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw another man approach the wall he was leaning on, the south wall. He wasn't sure how he knew it was the south wall, but he knew. And he trusted his instincts enough to trust then.

The man thoroughly searched the wall. Mark didn't know what he was looking for, but he seemed intent on finding it. Suddenly, the man's motions stopped. Surprised, mark turned his head, and looked at the object the man was holding.  It seemed to be a rather creepy looking doll. Had it been the size of a normal human, it would have passed as a non-functioning lifeless. 

having nothing but goodwill in his heart Because he was the nosiest person ever to walk the streets of Hallandren, Mark uttered to the man 

"Don't you think stuff like that would be better left alone? It might be haunted!" 

The man just grunted in reply, as if mark had complimented his attire, instead of tried to save his life! Determined to face the contemptible man again, Mark walked up to him and asked him - 

"Did you even hear what I said?"

@Elenion, I hope you didn't mind my jumping in with your RP.

Happy now, stink? >.>

Edited by Mark IV
Double posted.

On the subject of lynching inactive players, I did myself more aligned with Orlok. It may be a good strategy, but it's not good community building. Now, maybe that's a little bit meta, but that's inevitable in these sorts of discussions.

Honestly, though, I'm not even sure it's a good strategy. In my estimation, we ought to treat tomorrow as any other day 1. Have our discussion, and lynch who we find suspicious. We wouldn't lynch an inactive on day 1 in any other game, and we are starting out with just as much information about who is evil. Honestly, I think lynching inactives is almost like not lynching at all. We gain nothing useful out of it, and no information.

1 hour ago, Wonko the Sane said:

I've been thinking about this as well. We have to weigh our chances both ways. The points you make are valid, but we have to consider the alternative. By not exploring, we make mislynches more likely, and we forgo valuable roles and items that the Elims will likely be accruing. That's another thing we need to figure out tonight -- how common and how powerful the roles are. If they don't gain us much on average, it's probably better to hold off. But it's possible that further exploration will give us the tools we need to root out a Traitor much faster.

If we stop exploring when there's a single eliminator and start lynching looking for that eliminator, when we do start exploring again, we will have a vastly increased elim:villager ratio, which is bad. Consider - 30 villagers, 1 elim. Ratio: 1:30. We take five turns to find the elim, and the elim kills five people, resulting in 0:20. Now we go exploring and find another four omens. We now have a ratio of 4:16, or 25%, and we have very few items due to waiting to explore. Consider instead we go exploring a lot from the beginning and don't stop. We find 5 elims very early on, resulting in a ratio of 5:25, or 20%, and we have tons more items. It just feels disadvantageous to NOT explore, to me. Assuming of course that the deck is stacked such that we'll run into the same number of omens regardless of when we explore. Does that make sense?

I'd decided to not post during night 0...but eh. You guys keep talking about lynching inactives, I find myself agreeing, but then I look at myself. 

I don't want to die :rolleyes: I'm sure none of you will find this mysterious patch of white text that I put for no reason BWAHAHAHAH

It's clear that almost all of us are going exploring tonight, and, I think, people would go exploring each night regardless of any agreement we make ATM. I guess I agree with Nyali. And about the lynching inactives thing, I'm fine with it to an extent, i guess we could poke vote a few players and if they don't respond we could proceed with the lynch. Of course, it would be better if we can manage to lynch a player we get suspicious of in D1 (which is kinda unlikely) Otherwise, it's completely fine to have no lynch on day1. I mean, I don't want to lynch lurkers, only inactives. 

19 hours ago, Wonko the Sane said:

I think she's asking whether he's definitely dead -- a question that's been on my mind, too.

His name is cut off from the players list so...dead?

Some dumb RP

Stick didn't stick (tehe) around much longer after the key-guy got himself lost. Exploring the house was better than sitting around waiting for him to return. He had prolly got eaten by the furniture or something. Yes, she had heard the stories, even believed some. All the more reason to explore.

Besides, Stick didn't really want to buy the house. No, she had come here with other purposes in mind. She slipped away through the door and looked around the passage. How to describe it? Classic horror movie haunted house. She strolled along the corridor until she came across a dead end. She hadn't expected that- she was told that the house was enormous. Disappointed, Stick turned around to make her way back to the master bedroom only to find herself surrounded by a maze of different corridors. She could've sworn they weren't there a second ago. So the house was cursed. She smiled as she choose a random corridor out of the many and began exploring. I won't leave until I find what I came for.

Edited by I_am_a_Stick
Typos

Moro took a left.  He had already left the Hall, having decided that Kasther was not coming back any time soon.  Moro had decided that the most advisable course of action was to find another way out.  Once he had done that, he could find what he was searching for, and escape.  He came to another intersection fairly quickly, and took another left.  Moro found himself standing in the kitchen.  The servants pathways seemed to be an excellent way to get around unseen.  Moro walked around the kitchen, searching for the pathways, and found a small corridor leading off in a generally northwards direction.   He sighed.  Everything was made so much smaller than necessary.  Did no one have tall servants?  How was one supposed to get around?  

Moro, bent nearly double, loped along the servants pathway.  It took a sharp right turn after a while.  Than another.  Moro frowned.  Where did these pathways lead?  Surely not to another room on this floor.  Moro stopped when he came to yet another right.  This was absurd.  Moro cautiously peered around the corner.  There was another hall, which came to a halt about fifty feet away.  Moro turned around, looking back the way he came.  He blinked.  Half sprinting, Moro rushed to the end of the corridor he had just come down.  At the end of the hall, defying all logic, instead of a left to go back the way he had come, was a right.

Moro felt odd.  For the first time in quite a while, he felt waves of emotion come over him.  An emotion he had not felt in ages.  Moro could not control his surroundings.  This house was not what it seemed to be.

And Moro was scared.

Sorry for not posting a ton of game related discussion, guys.  I'd tend to agree with Orlok (I think), however, for lack of a better person to lynch, I personally don't have a problem with lynching an inactive.

16 minutes ago, Daniyah said:

Can we get a countdown, please?

Would be nice, though I believe the rollover is in two hours (4PM EST, which is where I am, 9PM GST).

EDIT: RP!

Quintus leaned back against the wall, exhausted by his searching.  No aluminum that he could find, no hidden objects.  Oh well, time to move on.  He started to reach for a door opposite to where he came in, then frowned. Wasn't the door on the wall to the left of the bed?  Why was that wall now blank except for the tapestry? He inspected the tapestry again just to be sure, but it didn't seem to be awakened, nor did it conceal a door.  He turned back to the door he'd been preparing to open.

It was gone.

Instead, that wall now had an open doorway with a set of stairs curving up and away to the left.  He checked the map he'd drawn of the room; he hadn't made a mistake.  He decided a new approach was necessary.

He quickly sketched the changes on his map, noting the times they had happened, then headed up the stairs.  In the new room that opened at the top of the staircase (which he was sure was at least two additional stories above where he'd started), he noticed a window, and peeked out. He was on the ground floor.

Stunned, he sat back and reassessed his map.  Apparently this house was going to be more intriguing, but also more dangerous, than he'd initially assumed.  He smiled, though.  His master would be pleased, if he could bring back evidence, or even magical items from the house.  Perhaps the house even had a central source of it's own magic.

Edited by Jondesu

5 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Would be nice, though I believe the rollover is in two hours (4PM EST, which is where I am, 9PM GST).

You are correct. I'll try and find that useful countdown clock at some point, unless someone wants to link me to it?

Edited by Wyrmhero

1 minute ago, Jondesu said:

That's an awesome site (and I'm guessing the one most GM's here have used, since it looks exactly like what I've seen in the games I've played). Bookmarking!

Yeah, I used to have the link saved on my laptop, but since my laptop went the way of the dodo, I've not had it saved. Thanks Nyali.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Just now, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Sorry I haven't been on. I personally don't think we should lynch anyone. There are currently no traitors, and so there's basically a 100% chance we're lynching a villager. 

Well, we can't lynch anyone right now anyways (it's night) and we'll see what happens after this first night.  There will be traitors by the time the day cycle begins, I assume, but we'll have virtually no evidence to go by until one of the new elims post something suspicious.

16 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Well, we can't lynch anyone right now anyways (it's night) and we'll see what happens after this first night.  There will be traitors by the time the day cycle begins, I assume, but we'll have virtually no evidence to go by until one of the new elims post something suspicious.

Yeah. I think we should hold back lynching until we actually have solid evidence against people. And I'm guessing we won't tomorrow. 

Just now, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Yeah. I think we should hold back lynching until we actually have solid evidence against people. And I'm guessing we won't tomorrow. 

I'm still up for lynching an inactive, if there's a veteran who's inactive (obviously don't want to take out a newbie, since I wouldn't have appreciated that my first game, but if there's anyone who's been around who's inactive, I don't think they'd mind).  I think it helps us more than not lynching anyone.

Aon Deag held back as the group of curious neighbors and prospective buyers wandered through the House. 

Thud.

She shivered, eyes unfocusing. There it was. What had drawn her to this place. That steady, deep thrum, like the heartbeat of some sleeping beast. It was clearer here than elsewhere in the city; even between beats there was a subtle tension. It made the hair on the back of her neck stand up; menacing and alluring all at once. 

Thud. Thud. 

It washed over her again. Power. It was here, and unlike anything she had ever felt. And she wanted it.

There was a pause in the beats. Her mind cleared. The group was getting away from her. Hoping not to look suspicious, she picked up her pace, trying to catch up. The last buyer followed Kasther around a corner.

THUD.

She staggered and nearly fell, leaning against the wall. As soon as her vision stopped swimming she broke into a run for the end of the hall, turned to the right- and ran into a wall. 

Colours. So much magic... this whole House must be almost alive.

THUDTHUD. 

Aon's vision wavered, then failed. She slumped against the wall, tasting blood in her mouth. 

When she awoke, she was sitting in front of a door. She rubbed her eyes, groaning as she stretched sore muscles. 

Click. The doorframe rattled, and Aon scuttled backwards. A soft voice could be heard on the far side. "...door's locked itself again." Conversations broke out in the other room, too faint to hear. A door opened and shut somewhere nearby.

Thud-thud. Thud-thud. 

Aon tasted blood again, but stayed steady. The tone of the House had changed. It was no longer a sleeping, quiet menace. It was... eager. Awake. 

She turned away from the door, listening.

Thud-thud. Thud-THUD.  

She smiled, absently wiping away the blood dripping down her face. 

Awake... and aware. Waiting. 

She wouldn't keep it waiting long.

Aon is utterly batcrap insane, if that isn't clear. :P 

I have no particular thoughts on how we go about the game from here, in regards to lynches and inactives and such. Any plan we make will likely be overturned by tonight's events, so I am content to wait.

Hess pulled a silk handkerchief out of his pocket, murmuring, "Your Breath to mine," as he did so. He thanked John, the God Beyond, for being able to steal enough money to purchase these Breaths. He took a straw doll out of his trousers, and placed it on the floor while whispering, "Find things." The doll ran off at a frenetic pace as the colour drained out of his handkerchief. He followed the doll out of the door, hoping for something useful.

15 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I know :ph34r:

In fact, I've been hearing about it, non-stop, for the past two hours >>

Well maybe you should get to sleep. You know, like you said you were going to do two hours ago >>.

The Night Turn is over! Please remember that you may not send PMs during the Day. New thread going up as soon as I am allowed to post it.

Edited by Wyrmhero