I could get on board with that. Orlok

Although, I must point out that it is possible that the entire eliminator team could be inactive. IIRC, the House kills randomly if nobody puts in an order. And killing the House is the last thing on the list, which means that the House's random kill would go through before the House died.

Edited by Seonid

Night 10: ...But Nobody Came

Locke (OrlokTsubodai) was an Explorer.

Locke/OrlokTsubodai (2): Sheon Idris (Seonid), Aralis (Arais Valerian)

Character List

Spoiler
  1. Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane) - A biochromantic scholar.
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties. - Surgebinder
  3. Shara (Nyali) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree. - Explorer
  5. Aralis (Araries Valerian) - Not all-together there.
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market. - Explorer
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life... - Explorer
  8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure. - Explorer
  10. Bugsy (Bugsy6912) - Not related to any potential crook. - Explorer
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem. - Explorer
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion. - Explorer
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie. - Mistborn
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure. - Explorer
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person. - Explorer
  16. Nathan (Nathanvanduij) - Signed up.
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth. - Explorer
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance. - Hemalurgist
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself. - Forger
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA - Explorer
  21. Locke (Orlok Tsubodai) - George Washington in disguise. - Explorer
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy... - Explorer
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for? - Explorer
  24. Sean (polkinghorndb) - Planning on asset-stripping the House.
  25. C. L. Anky (Clanky) - Hired for investigative purposes.
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars. - Lifeless Commander
  27. The Lady of Chaos (The_Lady_Of_Chaos) - TBA
  28. Jeffery Wilferson (jefrywlfersn) - TBA
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA - Coinshot
  30. Sheon Idris (Seonid) - A shade of his former self.
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA 
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad. - Explorer
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent
  34. Kresla (Elbereth) - Wide-eyed and innocent. This cannot end badly.
  35. Mark (Mark IV) - Better than Mark III.

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1483650000.png

Edited by Alvron

Okay guys, I'm back. I should have been here before turnover, but Amtrak kinda stinks. I guess we still have 5 active players left alive, which is good, although that will be down to 4 by next cycle, unfortunately. Also, since nobody else has, I'm going to step forward and say that I killed the Heart of the House. I don't want to give other details, because I don't know what the Traitors know. But based on activity levels this night cycle we might be able to determine who the Traitors are.

7 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Is the title supposed to be a reference to something?

It's a reference to Undertale (which in turn contains it as a reference to Earthbound) when nobody shows up to a battle because you've killed everyone >>.

Day 11: Bump in the Night

Aralis woke up. It was not something he expected, considering the sharp, blunt pain he had experienced immediately (to his senses at least) beforehand. But already, that was numbing, soon to be a distant bad memory. For now though, it hurt like seeing a room that someone had decided to decorate in red and green side-by-side. No sense of colour, some people. But just like colours would fade, so too would the ache at the back of his head and the lump it had caused where he had been struck. But he couldn't sit here on the floor, waiting for that moment.

Slowly he pushed himself off the wall where he had been left to die, and onto shaky legs.

Aralis (Araris Valerian) was attacked, but survived!

Character List

Spoiler
  1. Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane) - A biochromantic scholar.
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties. - Surgebinder
  3. Shara (Nyali) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree. - Explorer
  5. Aralis (Araries Valerian) - Not all-together there.
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market. - Explorer
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life... - Explorer
  8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure. - Explorer
  10. Bugsy (Bugsy6912) - Not related to any potential crook. - Explorer
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem. - Explorer
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion. - Explorer
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie. - Mistborn
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure. - Explorer
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person. - Explorer
  16. Nathan (Nathanvanduij) - Signed up.
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth. - Explorer
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance. - Hemalurgist
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself. - Forger
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA - Explorer
  21. Locke (Orlok Tsubodai) - George Washington in disguise. - Explorer
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy... - Explorer
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for? - Explorer
  24. Sean (polkinghorndb) - Planning on asset-stripping the House.
  25. C. L. Anky (Clanky) - Hired for investigative purposes.
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars. - Lifeless Commander
  27. The Lady of Chaos (The_Lady_Of_Chaos) - TBA
  28. Jeffery Wilferson (jefrywlfersn) - TBA
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA - Coinshot
  30. Sheon Idris (Seonid) - A shade of his former self.
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA 
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad. - Explorer
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent
  34. Kresla (Elbereth) - Wide-eyed and innocent. This cannot end badly.
  35. Mark (Mark IV) - Better than Mark III.

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1483822800.png

Edited by Alvron

Ok - obviously there's an active Eliminator.

Time to vote them down. There's been hardly any participation recently for me to analyze, and I'm too busy to go back through the whole game atm and try to find suspicions again, so I'm just going to go with my gut and lynch until I find the Eliminator. If you don't think I'm doing it right, then get out of your Colors-cursed, storm-begotten Shardworlds and vote.

Nyali. I think you're evil. Prove me wrong, or I'll use my brand-spanking new role abilities to add a vote to you and lynch you. I've stockpiled enough metals to do this for more than a few cycles, so if you're not Nyali, get on and participate or you're next.

My gut says that you are the active eliminator, or at least one of them, Seonid. Based just on recent activity, you voted for somebody who was totally inactive (earns the eliminator team a free kill), and you have been following the thread enough to see that I posted about killing the House. You also said that if somebody found a role that can kill the House, then they should tell somebody. But there is no reason for that. If I had told anybody about my role, the only thing that could change is that I get targeted by the eliminators, which would have saved the House. I'm definitely not sure about this, so if we hear from other people I might change my mind.

Also, thanks whoever protected me last night.

Edited by Araris Valerian

34 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

My gut says that you are the active eliminator, or at least one of them, Seonid. Based just on recent activity, you voted for somebody who was totally inactive (earns the eliminator team a free kill), and you have been following the thread enough to see that I posted about killing the House. You also said that if somebody found a role that can kill the House, then they should tell somebody. But there is no reason for that. If I had told anybody about my role, the only thing that could change is that I get targeted by the eliminators, which would have saved the House. I'm definitely not sure about this, so if we hear from other people I might change my mind.

Also, thanks whoever protected me last night.

Interesting. I assumed that there might need to be some sort of coordination on order to kill the house - a role mixed with items, or something among those lines. That's why I recommended revealing to a trusted person - because I didn't know that a single player could do it alone.

Also, on the charge that I attacked or ordered an attack on you. I did see that you had killed the heart of the house. But I also know that this makes you the most trustworthy player in this game - and whoever was Wilson's protector is still out there. You would be a poor target for me to attack, were I an eliminator. I'm actually surprised they tried. I expected Elb or myself - the leftovers of Wilson's trust group. But we all woke up alive, and if Wilson can be believed, her protector has unlimited ability to protect.

Personally, I have no strong suspicions atm. I'm fairly sure you're good. I trust Elbereth, though if it comes down to it, I think I trust you more. If you were evil, you'd have every incentive to slip into the background, avoiding attention altogether.

I know I would if I were evil. I'd be putting in the kill order, reading the thread only when not logged in, and otherwise acting outwardly as if I'd given up on this game because of GMing LG29. Nobody would find that suspicious. I go inactive enough that it wouldn't draw attention.

But I'm not, because I'm not evil. And for the same reason, I'm fairly sure you're not either.

4 hours ago, Seonid said:

Nyali. I think you're evil. Prove me wrong, or I'll use my brand-spanking new role abilities to add a vote to you and lynch you. I've stockpiled enough metals to do this for more than a few cycles, so if you're not Nyali, get on and participate or you're next.

Clearly, there’s an active eliminator. There’s been a kill or kill attempt every cycle all game (unless I missed something? I’m not paying much attention to this game). The only really active players left are you and Araris, as far as I can tell. Unless the elims decided to do a WGG on night ten, I think it’s clear that Araris is not the eliminator. That really just leaves you, in my estimation.

Plus, don’t we know that one of Wilson’s confidants leaked her role to the elims? Aren’t you the only one of those who is still alive and active?

Also, are you claiming to have the exact ability that was used to save Arinian?

Everything I see points straight to Seonid being an eliminator.

8 minutes ago, Nyali said:

Clearly, there’s an active eliminator. There’s been a kill or kill attempt every cycle all game (unless I missed something? I’m not paying much attention to this game). The only really active players left are you and Araris, as far as I can tell. Unless the elims decided to do a WGG on night ten, I think it’s clear that Araris is not the eliminator. That really just leaves you, in my estimation.

Plus, don’t we know that one of Wilson’s confidants leaked her role to the elims? Aren’t you the only one of those who is still alive and active?

Also, are you claiming to have the exact ability that was used to save Arinian?

Everything I see points straight to Seonid being an eliminator.

First off, do we know that Wilson's role was leaked? Last I knew of it, Wilson's best speculation was that Hael worked it out on his own. She felt that he had enough information to do so, and certainly was capable of connecting the dots. Was there new information I missed? I lost a cycle or two in this game right around the middle. If there was a leak, it's not me.

Second - I am claiming to have a vote manipulation role. I acquired a Brass-Lerasium alloy two nights ago and burned it last night. I am now a Brass Misting! (Eliminators, feel free to cower now.) From my perspective, the fact that a vote manip saved Arinian isn't relevant, because I just got the ability last night. (I had also honestly forgotten that Arinian was saved by vote manip...that was one of the cycles I was pretty much gone. I vaguely remember Wilson chewing me out in-thread for not voting that one; I was quite embarrassed that I missed voting that cycle - it turned out to be important.) I realize that you can't verify what I've said, but it's true.

Mostly my claim above was meant to scare up the rest of the active players into responding. It managed to actually get you involved, which is something.

Finally, though, if it were anyone but me that had the evidence against them that you and Araris bring out, I'd probably jump on the lynch as well. Certainly lynch worthy. But I know my alignment. Honestly, I'd be up for lynching either you or Wonko, you were just the one who jumped to mind more quickly. Probably something to do with the way that you came online, posted promising to be more active, and then disappeared completely again. Sounds rather like saying something to get people's attention off of you and then trying to lurk your way into victory to me.

Post-finally, my only real defense is this: if I were really evil, would I be so active in trying to get the village out to vote? That's the last thing the Eliminators want at this stage of the game. A mostly inactive village means that they can do pretty much whatever they like and get away with it. They want things to remain quiet - it's their auto-win button.

Since I'm likely to get lynched regardless, I'm going to leave my thoughts on the remaining active, semi-active, or at-least-on-the-Shard players.

Araris - almost certainly good. A WGG at this point of the game would be sheer idiocy. Nobody is voting, there's no need to gain trust. Unless something changes, all they need to do is to wait until we all die.

Nyali - my top suspicion for being evil. It's mostly gut, but there it is.

If Nyali isn't evil, my next bet is Wonko. He's been online recently enough to have put in a kill, and he - like Nyali - has been lurking.

Elbereth is the last person who's been even close to reasonably involved. By which I mean that she answered a PM I sent her last night. She said that she trusts Araris and I, and has no idea on anyone else because nobody's been posting!

So, no matter what happens to me in this lynch, we need everybody to get their skin back in the game or the Eliminators win by default. Lynch me - I think we still have enough votes to win at that point. I don't think that there's more than one Eliminator still active. If there were, they could already have controlled the lynch and essentially won. They are - as Nyali so helpfully reminded me - on record as possessing a vote manipulation role.

I won't use my role to save my skin. I'd just end up getting lynched the next day, and we can't afford the lost time. Odd as it is, maybe my death is the most useful thing I can give to the village.

Just in case it isn't, here's my last words: Get active. Get voting. Get involved. Or else I swear that the shade of Sheon Idris will hunt you down and torment you until the day you are lynched or killed by the Eliminators. Because if the village loses this game, it will be entirely your fault. You will have let down the players that were counting on you to keep playing, and you will have let down the GMs that expected a fun and enjoyable game. Sorry if that sounds harsh - but that's the way things are.

One long-time player has already left our community because of this issue. I think that deserves some harshness. It ought to be a catalyst for introspection. How many more will it take before we as a community are willing to make a change? Mass inactivity is not fair to the GMs, it's not fair to the village (and I suppose it's not even fair to the Eliminators, even though I'd really like them to stay inactive until the village wins this game). So stop it.

Seonid, you mentioned that you have enough vials to do vote manipulation every cycle, and then you say that you would just end up getting lynched the next day. But the situation wouldn't change, so why couldn't you save yourself? From a village perspective, I can definitely see why you wouldn't want to save yourself, but it seems you are contradicting yourself here.

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

Seonid, you mentioned that you have enough vials to do vote manipulation every cycle, and then you say that you would just end up getting lynched the next day. But the situation wouldn't change, so why couldn't you save yourself? From a village perspective, I can definitely see why you wouldn't want to save yourself, but it seems you are contradicting yourself here.

I am contradicting myself - because I lied about having metal vials. I don't have any - that will be revealed by the lynch, so there's no reason to keep it secret any more. I lied to try and get people participating - to try and jolt them into getting involved because otherwise I would take the decisions out of their hands. It might have been a bad idea - I hadn't intended to, but then I re-read the rules just to make sure, and I saw that I couldn't force a lynch with only my own vote. Since I'd just become a Brass Misting, I figured I'd put the threat of me fully controlling the lynch out in the open to hopefully get people communicating more. It got discussion going - and hopefully in a helpful direction.

But even if I did have enough metal vials to change the lynch, I wouldn't. It would lose the village the game. We'd slowly get whittled down, and I'd dominate lynch discussion. And then we'd lose. Not worth it.

Okay. Well, that doesn't make you any more trustworthy in my book. But, since you are actively participating in this game, why don't we lynch somebody else. The eliminators still have to play a guessing game with their kill, and I think anybody that has stuck with this game deserves to live until the end. So I'll switch my vote from Seonid to Elbereth. Death to lurkers! I'm not going to lose this game to people that aren't even posting.

Also, I can use my ability to kill during the night, so I can knock out Wonko as well, which would leave just the three of us! (as active players, anyways)

Edited by Araris Valerian

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Okay. Well, that doesn't make you any more trustworthy in my book. But, since you are actively participating in this game, why don't we lynch somebody else. The eliminators still have to play a guessing game with their kill, and I think anybody that has stuck with this game deserves to live until the end. So I'll switch my vote from Seonid to Elbereth. Death to lurkers! I'm not going to lose this game to people that aren't even posting.

Also, I can use my ability to kill during the night, so I can knock out Wonko as well, which would leave just the three of us! (as active players, anyways)

Fair enough - I'd prefer to lynch Wonko and kill Elbereth at night (because Elbereth feels less suspicious to me) but I'm not too attached to any order. So, at least for the moment - Elbereth

What are your thoughts on Nyali?

Well, I don't like how she jumped on agreeing with what I said, as the only trusted player. Her immediate agreement strikes me as suspicious, especially when we have nearly 48 hours to talk about everybody. However, I would like to kill the lurkers first. What in particular do you dislike about Wonko compared to Elbereth? I really have no preference, but Wonko had RL reasons to go inactive, and catching up can be a bother in these. I don't recall anything like that from Elbereth.

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

Well, I don't like how she jumped on agreeing with what I said, as the only trusted player. Her immediate agreement strikes me as suspicious, especially when we have nearly 48 hours to talk about everybody. However, I would like to kill the lurkers first. What in particular do you dislike about Wonko compared to Elbereth? I really have no preference, but Wonko had RL reasons to go inactive, and catching up can be a bother in these. I don't recall anything like that from Elbereth.

Oh, did he? That makes sense - I either didn't notice or forgot about that. In that case, I'll keep my vote on Elbereth. If she shows up and starts talking/voting too, then I'll reconsider.

I'm here, but haven't been following as well as I would have liked. Sorry; it's hard to feel invested in this game having played so little of it.

I trusted El around the time I left. Have any omens been uncovered since then? If not, I still trust her, and Seonid as well. That would leave Nyali and Araris, yes? So Nyali is my biggest suspicion if there are no omens from after my cruise began.

If there are, I'm not sure. I have an irrational and mostly unwarranted paranoia of El right now, but that's probably not her fault.

15 hours ago, Wonko the Sane said:

I'm here, but haven't been following as well as I would have liked. Sorry; it's hard to feel invested in this game having played so little of it.

I trusted El around the time I left. Have any omens been uncovered since then? If not, I still trust her, and Seonid as well. That would leave Nyali and Araris, yes? So Nyali is my biggest suspicion if there are no omens from after my cruise began.

If there are, I'm not sure. I have an irrational and mostly unwarranted paranoia of El right now, but that's probably not her fault.

I don't exactly know when your cruise started, but there were a total of 6 omens found. We've killed 3 - Hael, Arinian, and DA.

Araris wants the lurker dead first, though I'd personally rather lynch Nyali. But, until you came on, the only possible lynch targets were El and myself, due to the 2 vote minimum.

9 hours ago, Seonid said:

I don't exactly know when your cruise started, but there were a total of 6 omens found. We've killed 3 - Hael, Arinian, and DA.

Araris wants the lurker dead first, though I'd personally rather lynch Nyali. But, until you came on, the only possible lynch targets were El and myself, due to the 2 vote minimum.

i think I saw all of those, so I'm going to go after Nyali. I need you to switch back for that to happen, though. So please do.