I'm not referring to your claim during the day. I'm referring to your claim earlier in the game, when you said Len wasn't evil. Between that day and when Len came forward to say that was a gambit to pull a kill toward you, there were two nights where I don't see why you weren't killed when you had basically said that you had a scan ability.

4 hours ago, little wilson said:

So Arin or Orlok. If Arin, that means he lied about the brass vial (because brass only negates votes. It doesn't move them), or if he didn't, that he also has a zinc vial that he could use, and he omitted that information because he wanted to do that instead of try to prove his innocence. Which makes me think that he couldn't prove his innocence, because he's not innocent. And I also don't think he used Zinc to vote manip that, but that he used a vote manip role or an item.

I'm lied? I didn't said that I have brass, I said that I have copper :D.(and this is thruth)

Rule Clarifications

1. The Village only has to kill the Heart to win, yes?
The rules clearly state that the Village win condition is to kill the Heart and all the Traitors. In fact, this is actually closer to being true of the Eliminators: they don't have to keep the Heart alive. They merely have to outnumber the Village.

Hess shuddered. Khaos's incessant whispering was beginning to annoy him. "Why can't you continue?" "So you'd be thinking this, and you thought that the other day, so...." "It's completely unfair for us, we'll lose if you go..."

In fact, he was getting angry. How dare she? She was nothing. She was a simple one-lifer, and an insane one at that. Hess wasn't normally arrogant, but Khaos could hardly expect to know the way he thought. Sure, he had reasons not to continue. He attempted to explain them to her, but all he got was more ridiculousness and inane arguments. Bah. This was it. The group was completely insane, if they let her lead them. Hess sighed, having done what he could, and sat down next to the sleeping forms of Nathan and Sean. Time to bow out, he thought. He slept.

Yes, this is going to be my last post on this game. Some people (ie: Wilson) have asked why I am finishing QF20 and not finishing this. The answer is simple. QF20 is going to be over this cycle or the next. This game is not going to be finished for quite some time. Yes, I did say on Discord that I'd be finishing this game. Yes, I was wrong. I hope some of you are slightly more understanding than Wilson. You can still win after I'm gone. I expect Elbereth and Seonid will be online more after this cycle than they were previously, and the odds are that at least one of them is Village, and they're much better players than I am.

Day 9: Redshirts

The red-cloaked man shuffled across the corridor, keeping his back to the wall as he went. One foot slowly and carefully placed after the other, with the intention to make no noise whatsoever with each footfall. Stealthily and steady he went, each move calculated beforehand to minimise the impact each step would have on the cobbled-stone floor. Paranoid? Perhaps. But he would gladly be paranoid and alive than uncaring and dead. So what if he looked foolish right now? There was no-one around to see him anyway.

He came up to a door, which was ajar enough to create a little shaft of light into the corridor. The beam of sunlight was interrupted every few seconds by the billowing shadow of a curtain, dancing in the breeze. An open window, perhaps? It might be their ticket out of here. They’d searched in vain for open windows or keys, or even something heavy enough to smash the thick, seemingly indestructible glass. Now, assuming the House hadn’t somehow reconfigured itself, they had a way out.

There was a thud, and another interruption to the light he could see. Carefully, he put his hand on the door, pushing it and praying it would not creak as he did. Unfortunately, his prayers went unanswered, and he winced at the sound of the metal hinges. The moving door revealed a hand on the floor, but nothing else at this point. Behind the door, he heard a footstep, followed by another, more hurried.

Wasting no time, he threw open the door, stepping through it. The door caught on the corpse behind it, and he almost slammed his stomach into the handle. He narrowly avoided it and whirled around the door to face the killer. He caught a glimpse of a travelling cloak whipping round the corner of a secret passage, and chased after it. But before he could slip through after them, the stone door slammed into place, forcing him to slow down abruptly so he wouldn’t charge into it.

He sighed and put his back against the door, slowly sliding down to the floor. He rested his arms against his legs and sat for a moment, his heart still pounding as he contemplated what had happened. A second earlier, and might that corpse still be breathing? If he wasn’t so cautious, would he have saved them? Or would he have joined them on the floor?

He pressed a hand to the floor and pushed himself back up. He dusted down his hands as he went to identify the corpse. As he got closer, it was pretty easy to see who it was; there weren’t many women stuck in here, after all. He carefully moved Khaos’ body so it was facing upwards, so he could inspect the damage. A bloody scar across her chest indicated how she had died, but did not help to identify the weapon used. The blood had spread across her shirt, dying it a rich, deep sanguine red.

“Get away from her!”

He dropped the body, wincing a little as a little more blood broke through the cut across Khaos’ skin and seeped onto the floor. He held his hands up defensively. “I didn’t kill her,” he said. Blood dripped from his hands onto the floor.

“That’s what they all say.” The other person said, advancing.

“I found her like this! They escaped through the wall. Over there!”

“A likely story,” they said, “but don’t think you can trick me that easily!” they continued, stepping over Khaos’ body. He backed up against the wall, but his accuser did not stop.

“Wait!” he shouted, holding his hands up to show his surrender. They did not accept his surrender, and stabbed forwards with the knife. At least, he thought as he started to lose conciousness, the blood wouldn’t show against his uniform. Pity he decided to wear the same colour trousers too.

Khaos (little wilson) was a Mistborn with a Vial of Copper, a Vial of Steel, and a Mixed Metal Vial!
The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) was an
Explorer!

Kas and I are both busy on Thursday at 9PM GMT, so while the Turn will end at that time, I will begin the new Turn on Friday the following day at the usual time.

Character List

1. Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane) - A biochromantic scholar.
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties. - Surgebinder
  3. Shara (Nyali) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree. - Explorer
  5. Aralis (Araries Valerian) - Not all-together there.
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market. - Explorer
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life...
  8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure. - Explorer
  10. Bugsy (Bugsy6912) - Not related to any potential crook. - Explorer
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem. - Explorer
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion. - Explorer
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie. - Mistborn
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure. - Explorer
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person. - Explorer
  16. Nathan (Nathanvanduij) - Signed up.
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth. - Explorer
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance. - Hemalurgist
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself.
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA - Explorer
  21. Locke (Orlok Tsubodai) - George Washington in disguise.
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy... - Explorer
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for? - Explorer
  24. Sean (polkinghorndb) - Planning on asset-stripping the House.
  25. C. L. Anky (Clanky) - Hired for investigative purposes.
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars. - Lifeless Commander
  27. The Lady of Chaos (The_Lady_Of_Chaos) - TBA
  28. Jeffery Wilferson (jefrywlfersn) - TBA
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA - Coinshot
  30. Sheon Idris (Seonid) - A shade of his former self.
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA 
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad. - Explorer
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent
  34. Kresla (Elbereth) - Wide-eyed and innocent. This cannot end badly.
  35. Mark (Mark IV) - Better than Mark III.

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1483045200.png

Edited by Alvron

Okay, guys, I'm back. And boy, do I have my work cut out for me. Can anyone tell me what is going on? I gather we've found the Heart?

Unless someone can recap, expect a lot of fumbling from me as I struggle to catch up.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Night 9: Liar

When Arinian woke up in the morning, he found half a dozen people all looking down at him. Before he could even voice his defence, not that he would say he had any, he felt something hempen being draped around his neck and then tightened.

Arinian was a Forger with a Vial of Pewter and a Vial of Copper!

Arinian (6): Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane), Shara (Nyali), Aralis (Araris Valerian), Exion (Unodus), Sheon Idris (Seonid), Kresla (Elbereth)

Character List

Spoiler
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties. - Surgebinder
  3. Shara (Nyali) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree. - Explorer
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market. - Explorer
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life...
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure. - Explorer
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem. - Explorer
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion. - Explorer
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie. - Mistborn
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure. - Explorer
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person. - Explorer
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth. - Explorer
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance. - Hemalurgist
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself. - Forger
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA - Explorer
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy... - Explorer
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for? - Explorer
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars. - Lifeless Commander
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA - Coinshot
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA 
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad. - Explorer
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1483304400.png

Edited by Alvron

Day 10: Awakeners of Hallandren

Exion took a deep breath. It was perhaps not an exaggeration to say that this was the most important decision he might ever make in his life. Certainly all the others seemed inconsequential compared to those that had come before. And yet, in a way, they were all equally as important. Each of them had led to this moment, had honed his skills in some way to allow him to reach this point.

To say he was a gambling man was an understatement. He had lost more fortunes on cards and dice than most people saw in their lives – And yet, impressively, he was just about in the black. He did not believe in luck, not as such. Everything could be twisted and turned, and even games stacked against the gambler could be flipped on their heads with the right strategy. It was all about organising the chaos that chance gave, and exploiting the openings they left. Even with games that were, on the surface, all about players' luck, there was a wealth of strategic play on the betting level.

It didn't matter what game he played, he was almost equally skilled in them all, assuming he knew the rules. Not because he had spent a long time practising, but because he knew how his opponents worked. Only a fool played the game – The winner played the people playing it. Usually that resulted in him winning; others, the odds were simply against him, and he could do nothing even if he had played his best. But the important thing was that he knew when the reason was skill, and when it was luck.

He came to a decision.

“...The 'Idrian Thief' moves to the 'Forest' hexagon here,” Exion said with a final release of breath as he placed the small wooden figure on the board. It was never a bad idea to deny your opponent 'Lumber' cards, after all. “Let's see your hand.”

His opponent scowled beneath the dark, hooded cloak he was wearing – He could tell from the body language rather than reading the face the scowl was on – and spread his hand out so the backs of the cards were facing Exion. Exion ignored the rude gesture that was rather coincidentally made at the same time, and took a card from it. He couldn't help but grin when he saw that he had stolen the 'Lumber' card from the hand. Just what he needed this turn.

He surveyed the board. Eight points to nine, for the moment. He laid down four cards, two 'Lumber' and two 'Clay'. “I'll build two roads,” he said, placing down the coloured wooden sticks on a 'Jungle' hexagon and a 'Clay' hexagon, “and take the 'Longest Road' victory card.” He reached over and snapped up the small board that signified it. The card was worth one point, so it was a two-point swing when stolen from his foe. Nine to eight now. And he was in the better position to win going forwards too - he had more cards in his hand, and a more useful economy than his opponent. The odds were in his favour that he would get the one point he needed before his opponent got both the points he needed.

And that was good. He was, quite literally, gambling with his life here. His life, for the identity of his foe. A poor trade, one might say, but he was desperate, and their identity being known would almost certainly result in their death as sure as if they were gambling their own. They both knew the stakes, but both had agreed to it. They had not cheated, at least not that Exion could see. It really did seem that they intended this to be a fair fight.

His opponent flipped over an 'Awakener' card he had purchased earlier in the game. Exion grimaced a little as he saw the 'Lifeless Guard' on its front. His opponent picked the 'Idrian Thief' up and moved it to a patch of 'Forest' that Exion was harvesting. Exion sighed and held his hand up. His opponent took the 'Dye' card in his hand, which he had been intending to save to build a 'Settlement' to secure the final point. It was a minor setback though, at this stage. By next turn, he would be able to draw another 'Awakener' card himself or use his own 'Lifeless Guard', which would give him the points or resources he needed to secure victory. It wasn't certain, but it was probable.

Then, his opponent picked up the pair of dice in their gloved hand and threw them across the table. They clattered a few times as they rolled, before landing with a single dot facing upwards on each.

Exion's eyes fell to the board as he checked what hexagon had the number two marker on it. It was a 'Jungle' tile, and his opponent had a single 'Settlement' on one of its edges. He wasn't sure if that was lucky or not – It was the only source of 'Dye' his opponent had. Either it was crucial, or entirely useless for his strategy. Prior moves suggested the latter.

His opponent picked up a 'Dye' card from the stack by the box. Then, silently, his opponent tapped one of their 'Settlements', then unfurled their hand – Two 'Dye', three 'Lumber'. In other words, his opponent had enough to build a 'City'. But that was only a single additional point. They were still nine points apiece.

They raised a hand up to shake his hand, which confused Exion. “The game's not over yet...” he said, though now he wasn't so sure.

His opponent's other hand scooped up the cards next to him. Four 'Lifeless Guards'. Whereas he had – Oh, he didn't play the fourth, he was saving it for later. He only had three. Which meant that his opponent now had stolen the 'Largest Lifeless Army' victory card, which itself was worth a point as well.

Exion smiled weakly and shook the proffered hand. “Well played.”

Elsewhere in the House, a solitary figure crept through the hallways, holding fast to the weapon in their soul. There was a voice that called to them, that beckoned to them. It drew them inwards, further to the centre of the House. Was it Kasther? They weren't sure. The voice echoed and reverberated inside their skull, making it impossible to make out any sort of source.

Then it was replaced by something else. A thump. Followed by a second. Followed by more. A rhythmic thumping sound, that of a heartbeat. There was no 'heart' in the room, but the source was fairly clear – In front of them, the first Lord Heron's portrait. It did not move nor make any sounds, but it was clear. This was where the evil was from.

Taking a deep breath, they reached inside themselves, and called forth the weapon that would drive away the darkness.

When they were done, the portrait was bare. Where Lord Heron had been, there was instead in the painting a vicious scar, as though someone had painted a tear in the painting rather than a person.

The voice in their head disappeared. Sighing with relief, they shuffled away.

Exion was an Explorer with a Vial of Zinc!
The Heart of the House has been slain!

Character List

Spoiler
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties. - Surgebinder
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree. - Explorer
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market. - Explorer
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life... - Explorer
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure. - Explorer
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem. - Explorer
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion. - Explorer
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie. - Mistborn
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure. - Explorer
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person. - Explorer
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth. - Explorer
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance. - Hemalurgist
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself. - Forger
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA - Explorer
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy... - Explorer
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for? - Explorer
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars. - Lifeless Commander
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA - Coinshot
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA 
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad. - Explorer
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1483477200.png

Edited by Alvron

Well that works.

Alright - number time.

14 players left, 3 of them evil. JUQ is gone for good, it looks like. I haven't paid close enough attention to know general activity levels.

We should have reasonable control of the vote atm. No way to know if there are inactives on the eliminator team. We can hope.

I don't have anything atm in terms of suspicion. I'm going to place a vote on nathan , because I seem to remember that DA tried to swing a lynch onto him. Given his activity level, I honestly think that it could have been an attempt to gain trust by throwing an inactive teammate under the bus. Worth a shot, at least. If anyone has better suspicions, I'm more than happy to listen

Edited by Seonid

Haha, great writeup! I guess the Penrod's game of Settlers has been introduced to the wider Cosmere by now.

I think that there are only around 5 active players left. Araris, Seonid, Elbereth, Wonko and Nyali. And at least one eliminator has to be active enough to be sending in orders, since somebody died. That rules out PK, Nathan, polking, Clanky, Chaos, jefrywlfersn, JUQ, and Mark IV, since none of them have been on the Shard since December 18th or earlier, and Night 9 started on the 20th.

So actually, at least one eliminator pretty much has to be inactive, or this game is already "over".

@OrlokTsubodai, you are the only inactive player that has been on the shard. Why should we not kill you? Orlok

Seonid, killing Nathan doesn't really give us anything. We need to find the active eliminator(s). Please change your vote to one of the 5 active players or Orlok, since I don't see much reason in killing anybody else.

Edit: I'm actually going to be offline for pretty much this entire day cycle. Since there are so few active players, can I request a 24 hour extension to the cycle?

Edited by Araris Valerian

22 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Edit: I'm actually going to be offline for pretty much this entire day cycle. Since there are so few active players, can I request a 24 hour extension to the cycle?

I am afraid that I will not be offering extensions on Turns.