Can we really be sure these were all vigilante kills and a traitor kill...? (this would imply there are atleast 3 vigilantes, including straw)

I mean, what about the lifeless that are on the run?

Edited by Unodus

I rather think the Lifeless was more flavor. If more of those kills were done by Traitors, it would be from kill items they've found while exploring. But the thing is, if the Traitors had more kill items, you'd think they'd kill people like me. Not someone like Bugsy or Straw, who has accrued suspicion and could be killed. No, Bugsy and Straw look more like vigilantes who thought they had a Traitor so they killed them.

I suppose a Traitor could be to blame for one of those kills, but if that's the case, I would think it would be Straw's killer and they're trying to get on my good side by killing the person I professed to suspect the most in the thread during the day. But I could just as easily see a village vigilante reading my points about Straw and thinking that warranted a kill on him.

Thing is, Straw contacted me last night and roleclaimed Coinshot, and my suspicion of him lessened greatly after that. But I didn't tell anyone what he'd told me. He also said he hadn't been able to find any Steel since becoming a Coinshot, so I know that he wasn't to blame for any of the kills either.

I'll claim the straw kill. I had a brittle knife - a 1-use kill. I almost killed DA night 6, but his protestations about his book convinced me out of it.

Tonight, straw was the most suspicious too me. I've been busy with a lot of things (including getting my own game ready), and the deadline caught me by surprise, so I put in a kill on my largest suspect.

I think it is about time to say that I am actually a scanner, despite Len's claim to the contrary (good idea btw @Elenion).
My scans:
Elenion - Explorer
Jondesu - Explorer
Arin - Action Failed
PK - Explorer
Wilson - Explorer
Mark - Explorer
Straw - Explorer

what item lets you determine that...? And, can you only identify once per cycle? (makes sense since there are 7 names) If so, you might want to label which cycles you scanned each player, since ones that were done early in the game might not necessarily be true any more

His scans are in the order he did them, from first to last because I know his last few scans have gone me, Mark and then Straw (though I told him last night not to scan Straw and instead to scan one of Nyali, Orlok or Bugsy, assuming that another Arin scan would fail).

I'm going to officially vote on Arin. Now that I know what night he was scanned, that scan happened before the Assassin/Arinian lynch. I had El ask Arin what he's been doing each night and he said he's been exploring. I highly doubt this, because I see no reason why anyone other than himself would smoke or otherwise shield him from a scan at that point in time if he's good. But if he's evil, then a shield makes complete sense.

I found it interested that Hael initially was unwilling to get involved in the Assassin/Arinian lynch, but then eventually decided to vote for Assassin. For now my vote will be on Arinian. Also, it is suspicious that Arinian was not able to be scanned. Wilson, does one of the allomantic abilities block scans? Has anybody else found an item/inherent ability that does something like that? Because a single role that prevents a player from being scanned seems a bit unlikely to me, since the only player that reads with no alignment would clearly be an eliminator.

@JUQ, when your action failed on Arinian, do you know if you were roleblocked, or if the scan failed because something was protecting Arinian?

10 hours ago, JUQ said:

I think it is about time to say that I am actually a scanner, despite Len's claim to the contrary (good idea btw @Elenion).
My scans:
Elenion - Explorer
Jondesu - Explorer
Arin - Action Failed
PK - Explorer
Wilson - Explorer
Mark - Explorer
Straw - Explorer

Sorry, but I really don't have any idea by what that was caused. Okay, only idea that I have you where roleblocked. Only ability that I have It's selfprotection(I'm pewterarm).

4 hours ago, little wilson said:

His scans are in the order he did them, from first to last because I know his last few scans have gone me, Mark and then Straw (though I told him last night not to scan Straw and instead to scan one of Nyali, Orlok or Bugsy, assuming that another Arin scan would fail).

I'm going to officially vote on Arin. Now that I know what night he was scanned, that scan happened before the Assassin/Arinian lynch. I had El ask Arin what he's been doing each night and he said he's been exploring. I highly doubt this, because I see no reason why anyone other than himself would smoke or otherwise shield him from a scan at that point in time if he's good. But if he's evil, then a shield makes complete sense.

Okay, even if order right better to know cycle when he scaned me, because he could have scanned me in the same time when he tried to claim scan role in trick with Elenion(higher chance on roleblock). Also JUQ can you answer if someone else know about your scans? 

21 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I found it interested that Hael initially was unwilling to get involved in the Assassin/Arinian lynch, but then eventually decided to vote for Assassin. For now my vote will be on Arinian. Also, it is suspicious that Arinian was not able to be scanned. Wilson, does one of the allomantic abilities block scans? Has anybody else found an item/inherent ability that does something like that? Because a single role that prevents a player from being scanned seems a bit unlikely to me, since the only player that reads with no alignment would clearly be an eliminator.

@JUQ, when your action failed on Arinian, do you know if you were roleblocked, or if the scan failed because something was protecting Arinian?

Copper blocks scan and vote manipulation on you, I have 1 vial of copper but I don't have ability to use it.

@Unodus, it's a bit early in the cycle to be making the lynch "secure," since there are 22 hours left. Also, my question about JUQ getting roleblocked still stands. It is by no means a done deal that Arinian is an eliminator.

C'mon guys, this is embarrassing. I've had the latest post for almost 24 hours now, and in a 19 player game there are only 3 votes. We haven't even gotten answers from Arinian about what happened the cycle he was scanned, or from JUQ about the possibility of him getting roleblocked...

Edited by Araris Valerian

LG28: Night 8: Not Enough Rope

In the quiet of the study, a few voices discussed the goings-on over the previous night. Accusations were thrown, mostly in one direction. Aralis took it upon himself to be the voice of reason and act as an advocate for the other side. He just didn't want someone who might be innocent to be killed for no good reason, even if he himself was considering a vote on Arinian. But in the end they could not come to an agreement that they were happy with (especially Arinian, who was rather put out by the idea of being hanged), and with so few voices being heard, decided that they should leave it for the time being.

After all, there was always tomorrow.

The lynch was a tie!
Arinian/Arinian (2): little wilson, Unodus
Aralis/Araris Valerian (2): Aralis (Araris Valerian), Arinian (Arinian)

Night 8 has begun!

While it will end at the time noted below, I will not be around at the time to do rollover - hopefully Kas will be around to point out it's the end of the Turn. PMs may not be sent after the time noted below, and I will not accept any actions dated after then. While strictly speaking I could do the same on the 24th and just accept votes until 9PM, I know at the very least I have plans for Christmas Eve, and I'm sure other people will have too. Not to mention the fact that it will actually be Christmas Day for some people, such as my very own co-GM.

I will be putting the game on a brief hiatus over the festive period, to resume on Tuesday 27th at 9PM GMT.

Character List

1. Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane) - A biochromantic scholar.
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties. - Surgebinder
  3. Shara (Nyali) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree. - Explorer
  5. Aralis (Araries Valerian) - Not all-together there.
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market. - Explorer
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life...
  8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure. - Explorer
  10. Bugsy (Bugsy6912) - Not related to any potential crook. - Explorer
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem. - Explorer
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion. - Explorer
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie.
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure. - Explorer
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person. - Explorer
  16. Nathan (Nathanvanduij) - Signed up.
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth. - Explorer
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance. - Hemalurgist
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself.
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA - Explorer
  21. Locke (Orlok Tsubodai) - George Washington in disguise.
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy...
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for? - Explorer
  24. Sean (polkinghorndb) - Planning on asset-stripping the House.
  25. C. L. Anky (Clanky) - Hired for investigative purposes.
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars. - Lifeless Commander
  27. The Lady of Chaos (The_Lady_Of_Chaos) - TBA
  28. Jeffery Wilferson (jefrywlfersn) - TBA
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA - Coinshot
  30. Sheon Idris (Seonid) - A shade of his former self.
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA 
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad. - Explorer
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent
  34. Kresla (Elbereth) - Wide-eyed and innocent. This cannot end badly.
  35. Mark (Mark IV) - Better than Mark III.

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1482440400.png

Edited by Alvron

You've actually been active, so no worries about that, Araris.

@Seonid @JUQ @Ookthelion III You all posted during the day, but none of you voted. I'm not gonna lie, I'm suspicious of all three of you now. Seonid could easily be playing me, and he didn't know for certain that I would be following Hael the night I followed him. I just said that I might follow Hael, and I never confirmed that. They may have decided that it was worth the risk if it got me trusting Seonid. I'm curious why JUQ is still alive, after having claimed a scan role. Plus, when he told me his scan on Arin failed, he said that he didn't think that meant Arin was evil because the Traitors would have a block that made it look like the person was good. If he was thinking the eliminators might have an ability like that, why did he trust me and Jondesu so much? And Ecth has just been acting suspiciously all game. I'm particularly interested in his 180 turn after I followed Hael. After condemning me for multiple cycles and only seeing how I could be evil, he takes a scan that I could've easily been lying about as proof of my innocence? I call B.S.

For those who didn't post at all. I know some of you were active on the forums. Why didn't you contribute even a little bit?

Active right now: @Nyali

Active during the day: @Elbereth, @OrlokTsubodai

Wonko and Chaos are now on their cruise, so they won't be active. 

@Ookla The Russian (Mark) hasn't been active since near the end of Day 7. @Clanky hasn't been active since about Night 6. @jefrywlfersn was last active during Day 6. And @polkinghornbd, @Paranoid King and @Nathanvanduij were last active before that. Do you know what will happen if Wyrm decides to GM-smite all the inactives? Why do you sign up if you don't play? If you don't post? What's the point?

And I'm here. Sorry I didn't vote - I've been busy. Sunday I had enough time to post, confessing the kill on Straw. Monday I was at work, then I spent the day helping my wife with our new baby. And today (and Monday) I was scrambling to get LG 29 up in good order - as you might have noticed, it till took quite a while to get it up.

If you want to kill me with your vial of mixed metals, I'll leave myself open to you. Goodness knows it would be nice to not have to worry about this game anymore.

But on the off-chance I'm still alive tomorrow, I'll vote for Arinian with you. That lynch manipulation is most likely a delaying tactic, aimed at wasting our time.

Naw, I won't use the mixed metals vial on you. Out of the three, you're the one I'm least suspicious of, because I know you have a newborn and you had LG29.

Hm. One thing I just noticed is that Ecth and JUQ have been offline since before the vote on Arin started. This doesn't mean they couldn't be evil, but it does mean they couldn't have sent in the vote manip order. They could've just been keeping up on the game via the elim doc and knew that the thread was dead and they didn't have to get on and vote because their team could use vote manip to save Arin. This means that the person who placed that order had to've been someone who was aware of the closeness of the lynch and online to place the order via PMs.

Me, Araris, Unodus, Arin, Seonid, El, Nyali, and Orlok were the only people who were online during that timeframe. I think we can safely cross off me, Araris, and Unodus from that list, since any of the three of us could've just not voted. Plus, Araris was who they chose to tie it up with. Unodus or I could've just not voted, and vote manip'd the other so that Arin was saved and Araris died. Well, not really me. But Unodus could've, certainly. I'm going to cross off Seonid and....El, too, since they've had information throughout the game plus, it looks to me like the Traitors are trying to clear through the people I trust because they think doing that will remove my protection. It might. It might not. Guess you'll just have to see, won't you, Traitors? :P Because of this, I suspect Seonid or El will die tonight, unless they decide to try to attack me again. Or, they'll go for someone completely random because I've just called their next move. I guess we'll see. :)

Anyway. Nyali, Arin and Orlok. The only way I'd believe Nyali is a Traitor is if she was one of the later converts, because her frustration over the Ooklas struck me as very genuine, and I think Hael or one of the other Traitors would've likely made a list in the doc for all the Ooklas so no one got confused.

So Arin or Orlok. If Arin, that means he lied about the brass vial (because brass only negates votes. It doesn't move them), or if he didn't, that he also has a zinc vial that he could use, and he omitted that information because he wanted to do that instead of try to prove his innocence. Which makes me think that he couldn't prove his innocence, because he's not innocent. And I also don't think he used Zinc to vote manip that, but that he used a vote manip role or an item.

Regardless, if Arin vote manip'd, he can't perform an action tonight, because you can only do one action per cycle. Which means one of the other three will have to make the kill. Considering how many inactives there are right now, I'm going to bet that at least one of them is a Traitor (I sure hope one is, because if not, we're basically screwed). So that leaves 1-2 Traitors left who can make the kill. If we can force everyone to be accountable for their actions tonight (or as many as possible), we should be able to narrow down on who makes the kill.

@little wilson You are really still suspicious of me? Of course I didn't die after role-claiming, because I've already announced my intention not to finish this game. As for your other qualms, I really have no answer. Basically, I can't really think straight much anymore, and I'm hardly gonna put all my effort into SE as opposed to RL. Apologies, everyone, but I'm gonna drop out tonight. I've lain all my cards on the table, I've shared all my knowledge that is of use to the village, and I think it's time to take a break, especially on this extended night. You can waste a lynch on me if you want, but I doubt if that would be intelligent. As soon as QF20 finishes, I'm outta here until February.

Thank you, @Wyrmhero and @Kasimir for running this game. It's been a really great game, after I was involved in a debacle that ended the SE career of a veteran player in LG27 and was lynched C2 in MR18. It was what I really needed as an example of what SE is really like. I haven't been involved nearly as much as I wished, but it has been a great game and I loved it. If I come back within a short time of it ending, I will provide more in-depth feedback. Thank you.