7 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Roles that have more than just a group kill?

5 minutes ago, Wyrmhero said:

Afraid you'll have to PAFO that.

While Wyrm seems determined to be unhelpful, it's heavily implied in the rules that Omens can grant things beyond vanilla Eliminator. Which is why I want Bugsy to reveal the exact text he got with the Omen, and I want the other finder to come forward, as it should hint at their additional powers if any.

@ArinianPAFO means Play And Find Out. (Derived from Robert Jordan's Read And Find Out, a phrase Brandon inherited when he finished the series.)

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Eh, sorry for not posting much last night. Figured there wasn't a lot of point to it because everyone was village, and I was a bit busy besides. Actually not sure about how to go about things this time. Not exploring isn't going to do us any good - we have to find the Heart and find a way to dispose of it. That's going to happen the quickest if everyone's exploring. Unfortunately that could lead to more and more eliminators, but I guess there's a chance Wyrm will have put a cap on the possible number of eliminators at one time?

To weigh in on lynching inactives - to me it seems a waste, but also it's too early to truly be a problem yet. I'd be more of a mind to wait until we've got a village kill role, and then maybe get them to deal with inactives - give people a few more cycles to get into the game. The lynch is for us to generate discussion so we can the eliminators without having to result to waiting until we potentially get someone with the ability to scan alignment, if the House is kind enough to give that to us. So Elbereth. Now that there are actually eliminators in the game, thoughts on the game?

(Also, to anyone who PM'd me last night, apologies for not replying. As I said, I was a bit busy.)

I found books!

You have found Books and gained the role Cynic. If you discover an Omen, nothing happens.

Aralis had found lots of books, which would have been fine, except he hadn't found a single comfy chair! "Okay everybody, it seems that at least two of us are up to something, and I don't like it. Reminds me of this time I was in a village, and people kept telling me monsters were going to invade. Bugsy, you seem like a young enough fellow to get into trouble, what do you have to say about all this nonsense?"

I found a small pile of dust!

You have found a small pile of dust and gained the role overanylitical. If you find one more small pile of dust, you can combine them to make a not-as-big-as-medium-sized-pile-but-bigger-than-wee-pile-pile of dust. Try to build up to a massive pile!

I hope the game lasts for 32 turns...

In other words, I found nothing of note.

1 minute ago, Paranoid King said:

I found a small pile of dust!

You have found a small pile of dust and gained the role overanylitical. If you find one more small pile of dust, you can combine them to make a not-as-big-as-medium-sized-pile-but-bigger-than-wee-pile-pile of dust. Try to build up to a massive pile!

I hope the game lasts for 32 turns...

In other words, I found nothing of note.

What does Overanylitical do?

You found absolutely nothing and gained the role of absolutely nothing!

(the above claim is for satire, but the part about me finding nothing is true)

Okay, so the inactives N0 were Jefry, Chaos, Phatt, Nathan, and Doc. I've played with Jefry, Chaos, and Nathan in games before, and they're all relatively-new players who tend to lurk a lot. Phatt I don't know that well. Doc isn't active in-thread, which is strange because back in Aman's MR he was very active before we killed him off. I expect he'll be on sooner or later.

So... Chaos. She's played a few games, lurked in all of them, and doesn't seem to be on right now. @The_Lady_of_Chaos if you post in-thread I'll remove my poke-vote.

11 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

What does Overanylitical do?

It makes him play like I do. :P

1 minute ago, Elenion said:

You found absolutely nothing and gained the role of absolutely nothing!

(the above claim is for satire, but the part about me finding nothing is true)

Okay, so the inactives N0 were Jefry, Chaos, Phatt, Nathan, and Doc. I've played with Jefry, Chaos, and Nathan in games before, and they're all relatively-new players who tend to lurk a lot. Phatt I don't know that well. Doc isn't active in-thread, which is strange because back in Aman's MR he was very active before we killed him off. I expect he'll be on sooner or later.

So... Chaos. She's played a few games, lurked in all of them, and doesn't seem to be on right now. @The_Lady_of_Chaos if you post in-thread I'll remove my poke-vote.

It makes him play like I do. :P

I'm pretty sure Doc doesn't wake up until sometime around now, so I don't think a lack of activity means very much.

25 minutes ago, Elenion said:

In my experience, poke votes are more useful if you have a pointed question to ask the player. 

58 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Hello. Sorry, but he is right. I typically am a lurker. I'm trying not to be, but it's just more like my play style.

4 minutes ago, The_Lady_of_Chaos said:

Hello. Sorry, but he is right. I typically am a lurker. I'm trying not to be, but it's just more like my play style.

Well, that deals with that, then. Chaos

37 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

In my experience, poke votes are more useful if you have a pointed question to ask the player. 

Right now I'm just looking for players who aren't paying attention.

@Haelbarde, I'm always suspicious of people who make the first accusation, though most eliminators will wait, but I'm very suspicious of the way you did it.  I don't see a bit of reasoning for it being Elbereth, and if your goal was the stimulate discussion, I'd think you'd target someone who hasn't been active.  Can you give us any reason you're calling out Elbereth?

EDIT: Oh, and I found absolutely nothing.  Quintus isn't very happy, since he came here to find lots of stuff for his master.

Edited by Jondesu

2 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Eh, sorry for not posting much last night. Figured there wasn't a lot of point to it because everyone was village, and I was a bit busy besides. Actually not sure about how to go about things this time. Not exploring isn't going to do us any good - we have to find the Heart and find a way to dispose of it. That's going to happen the quickest if everyone's exploring. Unfortunately that could lead to more and more eliminators, but I guess there's a chance Wyrm will have put a cap on the possible number of eliminators at one time?

To weigh in on lynching inactives - to me it seems a waste, but also it's too early to truly be a problem yet. I'd be more of a mind to wait until we've got a village kill role, and then maybe get them to deal with inactives - give people a few more cycles to get into the game. The lynch is for us to generate discussion so we can the eliminators without having to result to waiting until we potentially get someone with the ability to scan alignment, if the House is kind enough to give that to us. So Elbereth. Now that there are actually eliminators in the game, thoughts on the game?

(Also, to anyone who PM'd me last night, apologies for not replying. As I said, I was a bit busy.)

...I would hope so, but I doubt it, for some reason. I feel like it's more of a (very low) percentage than a hard and fast this-is-how-many-elims-there-can-possibly-be. I'm not certain on that point, though. And agreed on the everyone-exploring as much as possible. 

Most people seem to have found nothing (including myself, by the way), which is interesting. Means the game will be considerably less role-madness-esque than I was expecting, which I'm perfectly fine with. :P There are only two eliminators this cycle, but I don't think that means we should lynch inactives instead of trying to find them. I'm okay if the lynch eventually lands on an inactive (although, it's a bit early to tell in the game yet for most players whether they'll be active), but the lynch discussion needs to be focused around suspicions. 

About activity - Nathan, Chaos, and Doctor have all responded to PMs from me (or PMed me, in Doctor's case). So they're not completely inactive, at the very least. 

24 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

@Haelbarde, I'm always suspicious of people who make the first accusation, though most eliminators will wait, but I'm very suspicious of the way you did it.  I don't see a bit of reasoning for it being Elbereth, and if your goal was the stimulate discussion, I'd think you'd target someone who hasn't been active.  Can you give us any reason you're calling out Elbereth?

EDIT: Oh, and I found absolutely nothing.  Quintus isn't very happy, since he came here to find lots of stuff for his master.

I've... figured out before how many times the person who casts the first vote is an eliminator. I think. I might go find those numbers. I feel like it was definitely under 50%, though. 

As for whether the action itself makes me more suspicious of him? ...Not really? I mean, I don't think it's particularly usual of him to poke-vote an active. But I'd think that as an elim he'd be less likely to vote, not more. So, currently meh on that question. I don't mind being called out, though. :P I hadn't seen anyone else say anything I felt the need to respond to until that.

Excuse me while I try to go find the doc in which I ran those numbers... >>

@Jondesu I can probably give you examples where I've done precisely that. And I'm essentially operating as Night 0 was essentially meaningless, and this is the start of the game. Night 0, everyone was a regular explorer, I believe (I don't think there's any reason to believe otherwise), and everyone explored. Now we've got some variation. We've got 2 eliminators, and for all we've had people say they essentially said nothing, I'm sure there are people who did actually find a useful item, but want to keep that info to themselves (or just haven't logged on). Basically, the position we are now is where we normally are on the first turn of the game, so I'm treating it as such. So anyone who hasn't posted this cycle is fair game, and El hadn't posted. The reason why I picked El out of all the people who hadn't posted is I know that she's around, and I respect her opinions/views.