I'm just sitting here waiting.  :wacko:

Maybe having Rollovers at a good time is not as great as I thought it was.  Now instead of having general 'I wonder what will happen' paranoia, I have minute by minute, creeping paranoia.

Meh.  Not sure the change was worth it. :P 

edit;  My last minute paranoia was Ninja'd by Straw's last minute insanity.

Edited by Magestar

Day 1: Found?

The House creaked with age as Dr Arelle ascended the staircase, hand on the railing to support herself. The stairs were steep and an awkward climb, but the noise that each step made was reassuring in its own way. This place was large and silent, and that made it rather creepy. Even the relatively disturbing squeaking noise he made as she went up the stairs was more comforting than that.

She crested the last step and trod onto the first floor landing. It seemed similar in many ways to the floor below, with extravagant artworks and even a surprisingly well-kept rug on the floor. The only real difference was that it was slightly smaller, due to the existence of the stairs going up to the second floor, and down to the ground. The floorboards here did not bend so much under his weight, so it became eerily quiet once again.

But no, that wasn't quite right. At first, Konwa had assumed that rhythmic sound to be that of her own heartbeat, but it was pretty clear upon listening that that was a separate noise. Certainly her heart was going much faster than this. The more she listened, the more she began to recognise it. It was a constant ticking noise, regular and familiar to her. But there were no working timepieces in the House, of that she was fairly certain. So that just left one option.

“Must've come upstairs from another staircase,” Konwa muttered to herself as she made his way towards the noise. “Has he been hiding up here?” The noise grew louder as she walked, until finally it was in the same room as her. It was a plush, comfortable room, with a large armchair that looked incredibly inviting. But she didn't sit down yet, as the ticking would drive her mad if she ceased in his search.

Looking around the room did not provide any insight. The watch was not visible lying on the floor, so instead she started to disassemble the room. The pillows were removed from the chair, followed by the seat in case it had fallen down the back. All she had to show for that were a few strange coins that must have been centuries old; she definitely didn't recognise them as Hallandren, at least. Then she crouched down, and, despite fear of what she might find, shoved an arm underneath it.

She pulled his arm back out, grasping something cool and metallic and circular. The weight and sound of a chain followed it, confirming that it was what she thought. She pulled out Kasther's watch, flicking the lid open to check it. “Huh, straw inside? Must have a lot of money, to waste Breath on a watch...” But then, if it was Awakened, why was it ticking? She realised briefly after thinking that thought that she could no longer hear it. She stood up.

“Hey.”

Konwa nearly jumped out of her skin. She put a hand on the chair's arm to steady herself. “Colours! Give me a warning before you give me a heart attack.”

“Sorry,” Nathan said, having at least the dignity to look a bit sheepish. “We're getting everyone to the study. Want to go over what we've found.”

“Sure, just... Let me settle a bit first.” She said, sinking into the chair behind her.

“So, who would like to go first? Well, before that, has anyone found any other ways out?” Jeffrey asked. There was no response other than a shaking of heads. “Well, who wants to go first then?”

“I will,” Stick said, raising his hand. “Me and Bugsy tried to smash a window. You know, just picked up a chair and threw it at the glass. Damned thing bounced off it and fell apart. I want to know who they got to install that glass, because a chair should win that fight.”

“I found a door I thought let to the gardens,” Arinian said. “Turns out though that they actually have an indoor garden. An indoor garden, because apparently nothing's too good here. At least we can get a bit of sunlight though, if the rain ever clears up.”

“We're not likely to starve,” Aon Deag added. She held a bread roll in his hands, which she had already made her way through half of.

“Isn't that incredibly stale by now? ...Shouldn't it actually be dust or something? Or mouldy or whatever?” Moro asked, edging a little closer to have a look. He blinked and tried to focus on something that was barely visible to his eyes. “...Is that steam?”

“Freshly baked,” Aon nodded. “There's a pile of them on the table in the kitchen we went past on the tour. Water seems fine too, by my reckoning. I guess Kasther decided he wanted to become a baker instead of a tour guide.”

“Sure, why not?” Eques said, a nervous laugh escaping. “So he just up and left the tour and went to the kitchen to bake as an apology? I can believe that by this point...”

“Well, if he did,” Konwa said as she held the pocketwatch up. “He went upstairs first. Had a fight with something too, if these scratches are new.”

“So, to summarise,” Jeffrey said, “we have a missing tour guide that we can presume is dead, his watch found with evidence of a fight, fresh food of all things, and we apparently cannot get out. Does anyone want to add to this?”

“Yeah,” Billy said, interjecting, though his focus was not on the rest of the group. “Those wax things that important folk use to sign letters. There were three or four of them on the desk when we started talking. They've been half-inched.”

“...Anyone got something important to add to this?” Jeffrey asked, trying hard to hide his annoyance. There was no need to concern themselves with a petty thief in their midst, after all. “If not, then I suggest we keep searching.”

“Wait. We're all here, right?” Locke asked, his face going quite pale as he stared at a point on the ceiling above them. “No-one's missing, right?”

“Other than Kasther, we're all here,” Jeffrey said, looking around. “Why?”

“Look!” Locke pointed at the wall. A viscous red liquid slowly poured from the ceiling of the room.

“Oh, now the house is bleeding. Great, just great,” Jeffrey muttered, putting a hand to his head and sighing. “Or I suppose we're just found where Kasther is.”

“...I don't think that's Kasther to blame,” Juq said, putting a hand on Jeffrey's shoulder, removing his hand from his face and steering his gaze over to it. “Normal blood doesn't write stuff on its own.” The blood was starting to congeal and separate into legible writing. More droplets from above came down to join it, creating a macabre message to them all.

“'Enemies of the heirs, beware'?” Kersla asked, frowning. “What does that mean?”

“I have no idea,” Sean said, backing away from the wall. “But I've a horrible feeling that we're going to find out...”

Two Omens have been discovered!
Day 1 has begun! It will end on Tuesday at 9PM GMT.
PMs must now be shut down until the end of the Turn.

Character List

1. Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane) - A biochromantic scholar.
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties.
  3. Nyali (Shara) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree.
  5. Aralis (Araries Valerian) - Not all-together there.
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market.
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life...
  8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure.
  10. Bugsy (Bugsy6912) - Not related to any potential crook.
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem.
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion.
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie.
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure.
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person.
  16. Nathan (Nathanvanduij) - Signed up.
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth.
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance.
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself.
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA
  21. Locke (Orlok Tsubodai) - George Washington in disguise.
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy...
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for?
  24. Sean (polkinghorndb) - Planning on asset-stripping the House.
  25. C. L. Anky (Clanky) - Hired for investigative purposes.
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars.
  27. The Lady of Chaos (The_Lady_Of_Chaos) - TBA
  28. Jeffery Wilferson (jefrywlfersn) - TBA
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA
  30. Sheon Idris (Seonid) - A shade of his former self.
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad.
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent
  34. Kresla (Elbereth) - Wide-eyed and innocent. This cannot end badly.
  35. Mark (Mark IV) - Better than Mark III.

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1479848400.png

Edited by Alvron
Minor text fixes

Ooh, omens. I figured there would be some, and whoever said it'd be about 2 this cycle was apparently spot on. Of course, no indicators yet for the lynch (I don't think voting to lynch the duck counts). Does anyone want to run the list to see who's been inactive so far, and who's new so we can encourage participation without risking taking them out early?

To confirm, the people who 'discover' the Omens in the write-up are not necessarily the people who actually discover them. This is because players may not want to give away that they were the ones to discover it, or confirm what they are, and my write-ups are designed to contain no useful information (except for this case, where it references two Omens).

14 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

LDoes anyone want to run the list to see who's been inactive so far, and who's new so we can encourage participation without risking taking them out early?

Those who didn't post at all since the game started are Phattemer, Nathanvanduij, Chaos, Jefry and Doctor12, though Doc did PM me once. This is not the first game for any of them, but some are relatively new.

22 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Wait... So you're basically admitting you're now an Elim?

6 minutes ago, Arinian said:

No, he not elim. If someone finds omen that doesn’t mean that he elim. Omen randomly select elims. One elim on one omen. I think so.

Right, Bugsy could in theory be Elim, but finding the omen just means some random person was turned, not that he himself did.

11 minutes ago, Daniyah said:

Those who didn't post at all since the game started are Phattemer, Nathanvanduij, Chaos, Jefry and Doctor12, though Doc did PM me once. This is not the first game for any of them, but some are relatively new.

Thanks! Doc PMd me too, so he's not been inactive completely, just hasn't been posting here. I might find that suspicious in other games, but we know prior to this he wasn't an Elim, so it's just his choice thus far.

I know Jefry hasn't played a lot (@jefrywlfersn, was MR17 your first game too?  I don't remember), and Nathan was new in the last QF game, so I'd be in favor of letting them both play as long as we can spare them at least.  Don't really know Phattemer.  Lady of Chaos I think was also fairly new, so that throws a wrench in the lynching inactives plan.  Anyone else have an idea beyond a non-lynch?  I might actually decide that was ok in this case, if we don't get any other clues.

EDIT: @Wonko the Sane, I must have missed something related to stamps.  I was assuming maybe the pocketwatch was a clue or an omen itself, though I suppose that would be odd to put it into the writeup like that.  The scratches (claw marks?) may be a hint, though.

Edited by Jondesu

Okay. So, like the writeup said, I found some bread. Which is utterly useless in every way shape and form, but good for RP, I guess. :P Whoever found Omens should reveal it, as well as any additional info they gained from it; we need to know what we're up against.

Just now, Arraenae said:

@Wyrmhero, can Omens grant roles?

One Omen definitely seems to be the blood forming a message. Maybe that grants a communication ability? I can't tell what the other Omen is supposed to be.

Omens create Eliminators, so they grant Roles, yes.