The Art of Game Creation

Metacognition

17 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Hmm, I'd imagine they have plans for their passes. Time to check for the next AG. :P

One of the passes is from AG3, so I don't think most of them have any particular plan. If you end up making the game, there'd be no harm in asking some of them. :P

18 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Yeah I can't decide on the factions. That's why I asked if there were any similar previous games. I was thinking about all against each other, with Straff Venture and Cett factions being semi-elim in nature. They don't get docs but they get to know the identity of one of their teammates. Either - 

• A knows B. B knows C.... so on till Z knows A (but without PMs) OR
  • A knows B. B knows A. C knows D. D knows C, and so on. 

Thoughts on this arrangement?

Main reason is I want to have around equal number on players in each teams. So I'm a bit worried whether knowing even one of their teammates would give them an unfair advantage over Elend Venture (let's call them village). If it does, how to sort them? Give the village the same thing as well?

If it is balanced, then I have to worry about kill roles. I can't have all the 3 factions with night (or cycle) kills. That's 4 kills per cycle which is too much. I'm thinking of having something like an automatic transfer steel flakes vial which shifts to another team after current use (it will also shift if they don't use it). So one faction will have a kill once in 3 cycles, but there will be 2 kills per cycle (including the lynch). Could this be a problem in the endgame where the team holding the vial would have an advantage?

What do you think?

Mm, interesting. Since it's three factions, I think you'll probably want to lean into making Straff and Cett elim teams rather than typical faction game factions. It'd probably be best to make the Straff and Cett factions smaller than the village, so there's still a reasonable amount of hunting/analysis going on. With kills, I'd say that it's probably best to just give Straff and Cett kills. Two kills per cycle would be too few, especially since a game like this would probably end later than usual, since factions can team up against the winning faction. 

2 minutes ago, Straw said:

One of the passes is from AG3, so I don't think most of them have any particular plan. If you end up making the game, there'd be no harm in asking some of them. :P

Wait, I think I initially misunderstood AG as Anonymous Game. I'm assuming it's Anniversary Game? (Hmm, I see nothing next to Striker's name in the signup list :P )

5 minutes ago, Straw said:

Mm, interesting. Since it's three factions, I think you'll probably want to lean into making Straff and Cett elim teams rather than typical faction game factions. It'd probably be best to make the Straff and Cett factions smaller than the village, so there's still a reasonable amount of hunting/analysis going on. With kills, I'd say that it's probably best to just give Straff and Cett kills. Two kills per cycle would be too few, especially since a game like this would probably end later than usual, since factions can team up against the winning faction. 

So regular docs? Hmm, I wanted to see how games would go if elims knew only one of their teammates. This is just at its nascent stage though, I'll put out a proper format once I've got more things clear, and I'll ask for help then. I'll go check out LG41. 

16 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Wait, I think I initially misunderstood AG as Anonymous Game. I'm assuming it's Anniversary Game? (Hmm, I see nothing next to Striker's name in the signup list :P )

So regular docs? Hmm, I wanted to see how games would go if elims knew only one of their teammates. This is just at its nascent stage though, I'll put out a proper format once I've got more things clear, and I'll ask for help then. I'll go check out LG41. 

Yeah, it's Anniversary Game. Anonymous Games are ANs. The passes aren't in the main section of the signup list, they're in the tab labeled "Winners".

Nah, I was meaning giving them consistent kills and having them be smaller than the village. If you balance correctly, you can totally do limited information elim teams. Joe was originally planning on doing one for MR42.

43 minutes ago, Straw said:

Nah, I was meaning giving them consistent kills and having them be smaller than the village. If you balance correctly, you can totally do limited information elim teams. Joe was originally planning on doing one for MR42.

How would elim kills work with limited info elim teams? Have the kill role with one specific player, like a Coinshot? 

Well first of all, you'd probably want to have it miss or do something else if they target someone in their faction. It might make sense to have it miss, and maybe have the killer gain a channel of communication with the target. As for how the kill would actually be decided, you could have it be a vote (ties decided randomly), you could assign the kill to a random player in the faction, or just have it start with a random person and have it move to the next person in line each cycle.

Hmm yeah, voting sounds good. Though I could do a mix of both, because I still need to have a single originator for the attack, because if not, elim kills would be invisible to target scans. So, voting to determine the target, and a random elim who voted for the target to be the attacker? 

42 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Hmm yeah, voting sounds good. Though I could do a mix of both, because I still need to have a single originator for the attack, because if not, elim kills would be invisible to target scans. So, voting to determine the target, and a random elim who voted for the target to be the attacker? 

Yeah, that'd make sense. Announcing the result of the vote to all the voters would also be good, since that allows them to get a better idea of who might be on their team.

So of course I failed to put this in the proper thread, so here we are. I had an idea for a Roshar game that could be cool to pull off, probably a LG. I know I’m too new at this to be a GM (for now...) but helping someone make this game take off would be really fun, and perhaps let me co-GM with someone more experienced.

Synopsis:

Spoiler

After the events of Oathbringer, Szeth and his cohort (Elims) infiltrate the “corrupt” Shin High Council (Village) with the intent on removing them from power and gaining control of their seven remaining Honorblades. Two “guest stars” have also arrived in Shinovar, bent on using the chaos to their own will.

Instead of using Radiants (save for Szeth and perhaps a Kaladin role), players will carry Honorblades that grant them Surges, which can be passed around, Willed to players in case of lynching, taken from kills, and “retrieved” by Stone Shamans. 

I’d have to change some surges (particularly Gravitation, as it’s only in Elim hands), but I like the perpetuating roles. Depending on player quantity, some Honorblades may not be used. Players can hold multiple Honorblades, but they only get a set amount of Stormlight (probably the 2 charges every 3 turns) to use the Surges they provide.

Elim Roles: Szeth (Radiant, Gravitation, Nightblood?), Kaladin (Radiant, Gravitation, Adhesion), Rogue Honorblade Bearer(s), Vanilla. Have an Elim kill. Szeth’s Cohort wins if they reach parity OR control all the Honorblades at the end of any turn.

Village Roles: Honorblade Bearer(s), Stone Shamans (can scan for and steal Honorblades), Vanilla. The Shin High Council wins if they kill all of Szeth’s Cohort.

Secrets: Secrets! Win if they reach their individual secret goals, but their “win” will probably not end the game. May have a kill.

^ The premise is a little risky because it’s a scenario that will likely come about in Stormlight 4 or 5, but if it’s advertised as a  hypothetical I think it’s fine.

... tada!

17 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

So of course I failed to put this in the proper thread, so here we are. I had an idea for a Roshar game that could be cool to pull off, probably a LG. I know I’m too new at this to be a GM (for now...) but helping someone make this game take off would be really fun, and perhaps let me co-GM with someone more experienced.

Synopsis:

Hide contents

After the events of Oathbringer, Szeth and his cohort (Elims) infiltrate the “corrupt” Shin High Council (Village) with the intent on removing them from power and gaining control of their seven remaining Honorblades. Two “guest stars” have also arrived in Shinovar, bent on using the chaos to their own will.

Instead of using Radiants (save for Szeth and perhaps a Kaladin role), players will carry Honorblades that grant them Surges, which can be passed around, Willed to players in case of lynching, taken from kills, and “retrieved” by Stone Shamans. 

I’d have to change some surges (particularly Gravitation, as it’s only in Elim hands), but I like the perpetuating roles. Depending on player quantity, some Honorblades may not be used. Players can hold multiple Honorblades, but they only get a set amount of Stormlight (probably the 2 charges every 3 turns) to use the Surges they provide.

Elim Roles: Szeth (Radiant, Gravitation, Nightblood?), Kaladin (Radiant, Gravitation, Adhesion), Rogue Honorblade Bearer(s), Vanilla. Have an Elim kill. Szeth’s Cohort wins if they reach parity OR control all the Honorblades at the end of any turn.

Village Roles: Honorblade Bearer(s), Stone Shamans (can scan for and steal Honorblades), Vanilla. The Shin High Council wins if they kill all of Szeth’s Cohort.

Secrets: Secrets! Win if they reach their individual secret goals, but their “win” will probably not end the game. May have a kill.

^ The premise is a little risky because it’s a scenario that will likely come about in Stormlight 4 or 5, but if it’s advertised as a  hypothetical I think it’s fine.

... tada!

If you sign up for an LG now, you'll probably have played enough games to run one by the time your turn comes up. The LG signup list shows 11 games already allocated, though skipping ahead is common.

What kind of abilities would you give to surges? They're not usually the same across Stormlight games.

I had a game idea with this premise with needlessly broken mechanics, but maybe there's salvagable elements you can use.

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Synopsis:

Reveal hidden contents

... tada!

As Devotary said, the abilities and Stormlight mechanics for LG13/LG67 aren't necessarily the standard surge abilities and won't fit every game perfectly. If you want surge ideas, here's a list of other games that had some:

• MR2 (Gravitation (three versions), Division, Progression, Illumination)
  • MR19 (Adhesion, Abrasion, Progression, Illumination, Transformation (two versions), Transportation, Tension)
  • LG30 (Adhesion, Division, Abrasion, Illumination (two versions), Transportation (two versions), Cohesion)
  • QF25 (Illumination, Transportation, Cohesion)

You can also come up with your own surge ideas or ask other people here for their ideas.

Once you get a more solid list of rules, I'll comment on that, but it looks good so far!

As for premise, don't worry about that. :P We've had Mistborn Era 4 games and other hypotheticals.

Edited by Straw

Hmm. Let me see. The problem is Gravitation is only in Elim hands, and Adhesion, Division, and Tension can only exist with one Honorblade apiece.

Adhesion: Roleblock a player. (Only in Kaladin + Bondsmith blade.)

Gravitation: Track a player to see their targets. (Only in Kaladin + Szeth.)

Division: Night kill. (Only in Dustbringer blade.)

Abrasion: Cancel all actions targeting you, in exchange for cancelling all your other actions this turn.

Progression: Protect a player from night kills.

Illumination: Protect a player from non-kill actions (roleblocks, vote manip, scans).

Transformation: Scan a player for Honorblade ownership or for alignment.

Transportation: Move a player’s vote, at the expense of canceling your own vote.

Cohesion: Redirect all actions performed by a player onto another player. (Only in Willshaper blade.)

Tension: Grant a player 2 Stormlight charges. (Only in Bondsmith blade.)

I was also thinking the two Radiants (perhaps a Village Radiant as well) could get extra Stormlight as a passive (3 instead of 2 every 3 turns?) and Szeth’s Nightblood could combine 3 charges plus the Elim kill to make the kill bypass any roleblocks/protection/evasion.

Gravitation, Transportation, and Cohesion need some work, but the rest seem alright.

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Hmm. Let me see. The problem is Gravitation is only in Elim hands, and Adhesion, Division, and Tension can only exist with one Honorblade apiece.

Adhesion: Roleblock a player. (Only in Kaladin + Bondsmith blade.)

Gravitation: Track a player to see their targets. (Only in Kaladin + Szeth.)

Division: Night kill. (Only in Dustbringer blade.)

Abrasion: Cancel all actions targeting you, in exchange for cancelling all your other actions this turn.

Progression: Protect a player from night kills.

Illumination: Protect a player from non-kill actions (roleblocks, vote manip, scans).

Transformation: Scan a player for Honorblade ownership or for alignment.

Transportation: Move a player’s vote, at the expense of canceling your own vote.

Cohesion: Redirect all actions performed by a player onto another player. (Only in Willshaper blade.)

Tension: Grant a player 2 Stormlight charges. (Only in Bondsmith blade.)

I was also thinking the two Radiants (perhaps a Village Radiant as well) could get extra Stormlight as a passive (3 instead of 2 every 3 turns?) and Szeth’s Nightblood could combine 3 charges plus the Elim kill to make the kill bypass any roleblocks/protection/evasion.

Gravitation, Transportation, and Cohesion need some work, but the rest seem alright.

How many actions do people get each turn? Given the Bondsmith blade, I'm assuming at least two actions.

Hmm, so looking at these blades, here are my thoughts:

Dustbringer: Probably best used as a vigilante, rather than using it to dodge kills. This blade is probably the one that is most in need of possible balancing, due to how unbalanced the game would become if an eliminator managed to get it.

Edgedancer: This blade is basically just a healer who can self-protect. Not in need of any particular balance changes.

Truthwatcher: I don't see the Truthwatcher using Illumination much, since the chance of blocking a kill is a lot better. That basically just makes this blade a weaker Edgedancer. Pretty useful for balance if you feel that an Edgedancer would be too strong.

Lightweaver: I can only really see people using the scan on this one.

Elsecaller: As with the Lightweaver blade, I can only see people using the scan.

Willshaper: Redirecting is best for this one, since you can test for kills. For this blade, can you redirect someone from no action?

Bondsmith: Tension seems pretty strong, since you can give someone a total of four extra Stormlight charges. I'm assuming that they can't use it on themselves, since then they could give other people a total of eight extra charges.

So, my initial suggestions are:

• Watch out for the elims getting the Dustbringer blade.
  • Make Transportation better. Maybe make Illumination also return a fake scan result, since really only an elim would have Illumination on them.
  • Watch out for role duplicates. There are two healing blades and two scanning blades.
  • The Bondsmith blade seems very strong with how much it can boost up a role. If I'm reading it, it could produce six kills/heals/scans/redirects depending on which blade it's paired with, which is very strong. I'd advise just making it a straight siphon (one to one instead of one to two).

So... I think I went a little over-board. :P

MR##: Lode of Luthadel
Luthadel is besieged by the armies of Ashweather Cett and Straff Venture! They are here for the Lord Ruler’s rumoured Atium hoard, and they will not stop until the city is theirs! 

Factions:

Spoiler
  • Venture Loyalists: Their wincon is to eliminate all of the Cett Opportunists and Straff Mercenaries.
  • Cett Opportunists: They are one of the semi-eliminator factions. Their wincon is to outnumber the sum of the other two factions. They do not share a doc, but are given the identity of one of their team-mate. They have an eliminator kill each cycle.
  • Straff Mercenaries They are one of the semi-eliminator factions. Their wincon is to outnumber the sun of the other two factions. They do not share a doc, but are given the identity of one of their team-mate. They have an eliminator kill each cycle.

Eliminator Team Mechanics:

Spoiler
  • Each member of the faction is given the identity of a single member of their faction via their GM PM. For example: A will be given the identity of B, B will be given the identity of C, and so on until the last member is given the identity of A. 

Eliminator Kill Mechanics:

Spoiler
  • Each cycle, Cett Opportunists and Straff Mercenaries are entitled to a kill.
  • Each member of the semi-eliminator faction is to vote for a player to be killed. 
  • The player with the highest votes is killed, and the kill is assigned to one of the players who voted for them. 
  • If the vote is a tie, a random player sharing the tie is killed.
  • If the player with the highest votes is a member of their faction, the player with the second highest votes is killed instead, and so on.
  • The selected attacker’s normal action is cancelled and the elim kill takes the precedence.

Roles:

Spoiler
  • Coinshot: You can burn steel and redirect an action on your target to a random player.
  • Lurcher: You can burn iron and protect your target from attacks.
  • Tineye: You can burn tin and follow your target to identify their target.
  • Thug: You can burn pewter and survive one attack/lynch per game.
  • Rioter: You can burn zinc and anger your target to increase their suspicion. Your target can only vote on the player they voted on in the previous cycle. If they don't, their vote is moved to the said player. Rioting cannot be used in C1.
  • Soother: You can burn brass to calm down your target and Soothe away their suspicion. Your target cannot vote on a player they voted on in the previous cycle. If they do, their vote is cancelled. Soothing cannot be used in C1. 
  • Smoker: You can burn copper and protect you and another player of your choice from being Seeked, Soothed or Rioted.
  • Seeker: You can burn bronze to see the metal burned by your target.
  • Terrisman/Terriswoman: You can learn a random fact about a random player each cycle. It could be the target of the player, the attacker of the player, or the action the player took. 

Faction-specific Roles:

Spoiler
  • Vin: You can use all 8 basic allomantic metals, but can only burn one metal per cycle under normal circumstances. Check the next section for more. You cannot burn the same metal in consecutive cycles.
  • Zane: You have 90% chance of killing your team-mates each cycle (I'm only half-joking :P). You do not think you are sane, and as such, have no control over your actions. Each cycle, you burn a random metal but you get to decide your targets after learning the metal being burned. You can burn the same metal in consecutive cycles.
  • Gneorndin Cett: You can use all 8 basic allomantic metals, but can burn only one metal per cycle under normal circumstances. You do not have access to either atium, or duralumin, or both. You cannot burn the same metal in consecutive cycles.

Mistborn-specific Actions:

Spoiler
  • Atium: Once per game, a Mistborn can use atium to know all the attacks placed on them in the current cycle at the time they wish. They can then take an extra action to counter the attacks placed on them. Zane has control over burning atium, and the extra metal during this cycle. 
  • Duralumin: Once per game, a Mistborn can use duralumin to boost an allomantic metal of their choice to affect two targets, instead of one. Cycles in which duralumin is burned are the only cycles in which 2 actions can be taken. Zane can learn the allomantic metal to be burned for the cycle, and then choose to burn duralumin.
  • Cycles in which atium and duralumin are used are the only cycles with 2 actions.  

Basics:

Spoiler
  • Day and Night turns are merged into a single Cycle. 
  • Each Cycle lasts 48 hours.
  • Players have one action per cycle (unless the player is a Mistborn burning duralumin or atium).
  • PMs are closed permanently. 

Order of Actions:

Spoiler
  • Coinshot
  • Smoker
  • Rioter, Soother
  • Lurcher
  • Eliminator Kill
  • Tineye, Seeker, Terrisman

Questions: 
Thoughts on the new Rioter and Soother roles? They are fine.
Should the mistborn be given an extra action in the cycle they burn atium as well, to react for the information they receive? Yes.
Should Zane be able to select the metal which is boosted by duralumin? Give him the random metal for the cycle, then let him decide if he wants to use duralumin or not.
Are atium and duralumin over-powered? No.
Are the mistborn themselves over-powered? No.
Should I change the A-B B-C system of elim identity chain to A-B B-A chain in order to keep the PMs open? No.
Should I have a normal action for the person who happens to submit the elim kill as well? No.
How should the voting for the elim kills be revealed to the elims? If the vote is:
A (5) 
B (3)
C (2)
Here, do we reveal the identity of the players (A, B, C) the elims voted upon? Or just that “Player A had 5 votes and were attacked”?
Reveal the killed player.
Are the team balanced or is the Cett team a bit weak due to the lack of a Mistborn? Add a faction-specific role or a Mistborn, or buff them during distribution.
Is the wincon fine being last team standing for all the factions? Nope, change it to make the elims win when they outnumber the sum of the other two factions. 

Edited by TJ Shade
Struck out resolved questions. Edited stuff. Added Gneorndin. Added OoA.

First I'd like to say I would 100% play this.

24 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Questions: 
Thoughts on the new Rioter and Soother roles?
Should the mistborn be given an extra action in the cycle they burn atium as well, to react for the information they receive?
Should Zane be able to select the metal which is boosted by duralumin?
Are atium and duralumin over-powered?
Are the mistborn themselves over-powered?
Should I change the A-B B-C system of elim identity chain to A-B B-A chain in order to keep the PMs open? 
Should I have a normal action for the person who happens to submit the elim kill as well?
How should the voting for the elim kills be revealed to the elims? If the vote is:
A (5) 
B (3)
C (2)
Here, do we reveal the identity of the players (A, B, C) the elims voted upon? Or just that “Player A had 5 votes and were attacked”?
Are the team balanced or is the Cett team a bit weak due to the lack of a Mistborn?
Is the wincon fine being last team standing for all the factions? 

They seem fine, but I dunno if it would be a problem if the target player claimed just they were targeted. It could create some interesting paranoiac scenarios.

That seems like a good idea.

Yeah, but maybe the cycle in which duralumin is used is random.

No, for the reason that there are no killing allomantic roles. 

Nah, there's only one per faction, though I would suggest giving Cett something special, either an anonymous Mistborn or something else.

I dunno. Pm's are a good feature to have, and some elim connection would probably be good.

Don't they all submit a vote for an elim kill anyway?

Just that Player A had five votes and was attacked. Maybe not even the number of votes.

See above, I think Cett needs a faction-specific role.

As long as every faction has equal members. But then the 'eliminator' factions would have an advantage in knowing a member... maybe the 'village' faction does have more members...

Edited by Matrim's Dice

16 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

The village could be balanced out via better roles. I think that would work fine.

Also came up with a potentially broken strategy, but I’m not sure whether I should share it or try to exploit it :P

You could tell TJ privately. 

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yeah, but maybe the cycle in which duralumin is used is random.

Hmm, might not be feasible as Zane might die before that cycle. 

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Don't they all submit a vote for an elim kill anyway?

Not the vote itself. One of the voter gets assigned as the killer for that cycle. Should I let them use their role action along with elim kill as well? 

As for the Cett faction, I was initially planning to have Allrianne Cett have a powerful vote manip role (original Rioting without self vote cancel) but I realised it might be too powerful. 

Thanks for the feedback, Matrim. 

25 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Also came up with a potentially broken strategy, but I’m not sure whether I should share it or try to exploit it :P

Please do reveal it Pyro. xD 

For the Rioter and Soother roles, I assume the target is told they were Rioted or Soothed? If so, that seems fine, and it an interesting take on the Rioter/Soother.

Giving them an extra action to burn Atium/Duralumin seems like a good idea.

It'd probably make the most sense to have Zane be able to choose which cycle he burns Duralumin, but his pre-chosen metal is the metal that's boosted. That seems like the best way to go with the spirit of the role.

Atium and Duralumin don't seem particularly strong. If anything, BTW, how exactly are you handling Atium? You obviously can't be on 24/7 to update them as to who's attacking them. My suggestion for a possible Atium change would be to have them avoid all actions that targeted them, and learn which actions they would have been targeted with.

Mistborn aren't that strong, especially Zane.

The current chain system seems fine, but it's completely up to you. I could see either way working. The one disadvantage to pairs is that it means the elim teams have to have even numbers of players.

I would advise having their action be canceled.

Only have the top vote be revealed. Otherwise, if someone was skipped over, they would know that that person was probably a member of their team.

Cett is fine depending on role distribution and numbers, but you could always give them a Mistborn or some other unique role. 

For the eliminator factions, you could probably change it to having a majority over the other two factions combined. If Cett or Straff manages that, they'd have control of the lynch and would very likely win.

How exactly does Pewter work? Is it one kill/lynch for the whole game, or one per cycle? If it's the latter, I'd recommend changing it.

What facts can a Terrisman learn?

Okay, basically, the plan'd be for the elims to each vote for themselves C1. Then, if the vote count was revealed, they'd all know they're teammates.

I think the partners would work well, as you can balance the numbers of the two factions against the village to make sure it's even. It also would allow PMs, as well as enable a really interesting strategy.

Well. That one upped my Honorblade game proposal by a long shot... :P

I think Cett having a Mistborn would be fine. He did have one in WoA, but he got himself killed by Vin in the second chapter or something. Just make it so he can’t use Duralumin or has some other handicap like Zane’s.

I’ve always wondered if Mistborn should be ruled as if they have limited metals. ie they can use all 8 abilities, and in Vin’s case start with them all, but only have 1 use of each ability until replenished somehow (randomly getting metals at the end of the cycle, perhaps). It would also let the Coinshot have a traditional kill role without turning Vin or Zane into Coinshot spammers. But it makes more sense in a game where metals are an actual resource. (All the game’s I’ve read through give the Village “Mistborn” a random Misting ability each cycle, which just seems weird. It works as a nice handicap on Zane, though.)

Other then that, looks great!

To Straw’s comments on my Surge ideas, I agree Transportation needs to change (probably to some redirect - I’ll think about it). I’m also not happy with Gravitation, more magic-wise than balance.

Illumination: I could extend to affecting the user and the target, or “portraying” a role instead of covering it (blade ownership or alignment) with the caveat that both you and the target appear the same way. (So an Elim could make a themself and a fellow Elim look Village, or make a real Villager and themself look Elim.) And perhaps lying about Roleblocks as well - telling the Roleblocker it went through while it actually fails? 

Tension: I didn’t want to duplicate actions, so you can’t use, say, Division twice in one turn. With that caveat I think it’s alright for a 1>2 endowment. However, whether there should be a cap on indistinct actions (ie if someone got multiple Honorblades, then got Tension boosted) I’m not really sure.

Lastly on the Dustbringer blade: I’m hoping if the Bearer got outed they would start using Abrasion, but that wouldn’t work forever, especially with Szeth’s Nightblood-boosted kill and with the Bondsmith blade possibly in the wrong hands.

I do want for the village to have some kind of kill so they can recover Blades and hunt after suspicions. But there isn’t really any solution for preventing the Elims from randomly killing the Dustbringer Honorblade Bearer N1 unless Honorblades no longer transfer on death. Perhaps a Stone Shaman could see who has Blades as of the end of the Day turn, as I’m hoping player passing Blades happens at least semi-frequently.

48 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I’ve always wondered if Mistborn should be ruled as if they have limited metals. ie they can use all 8 abilities, and in Vin’s case start with them all, but only have 1 use of each ability until replenished somehow (randomly getting metals at the end of the cycle, perhaps). It would also let the Coinshot have a traditional kill role without turning Vin or Zane into Coinshot spammers. But it makes more sense in a game where metals are an actual resource. (All the game’s I’ve read through give the Village “Mistborn” a random Misting ability each cycle, which just seems weird. It works as a nice handicap on Zane, though.)

If you're looking for ideas on how to do a resource management thing with allomancy, I'm pretty sure it was in LG35. I can't remember the specifics, but you could get vials of different metals, and you could only use your ability if you had that metal.

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

If you're looking for ideas on how to do a resource management thing with allomancy, I'm pretty sure it was in LG35. I can't remember the specifics, but you could get vials of different metals, and you could only use your ability if you had that metal.

I think I read one like it. I'm just saying it would be odd immersion-wise to have that vial limit on Mistborn and not Mistings.

2 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I think I read one like it. I'm just saying it would be odd immersion-wise to have that vial limit on Mistborn and not Mistings.

It was a limit on everyone. Or are you specifically talking about Mat's game?