The Art of Game Creation

Metacognition

I'd give it the title "Game Design" or "RP Game Design" and make it a subforum of the Role-playing forum. It does distance it from Sanderson Elimination a bit, but it provides more use as a place to discuss customizing other RP systems beyond Elimination games. Like adapting MAG or Pathfinder for Stormlight Archive games, for example.

This game is probably going to be a medium-length game, which I'm going to run soon.  Of course, comments and feedback are appreciated, as this game has a very delicate balance.  It's another SA game, but it's in a completely different setting with different roles.

You are in the small city of Turel in Alethela, one of the Silver Kingdoms.  The Knights Radiant have begun to return, which can mean only one thing: a Desolation is coming.  Determined to stop yet another Desolation, the Skybreakers have come to Turel to purge the town of Surgebinders.  Meanwhile, the Windrunners must recruit Squires to defeat the Skybreakers and their henchmen, before they themselves are killed.

Lynch votes will be done via PM (but discussion on who should be lynched is allowed and encouraged).  The way it's designed right now, this game will work best with at least 24 people.

Darkeyes: You are a regular, lowly darkeyed citizen.  You have grown comfortable with the Windrunners’ presence, but the Skybreakers have put you on edge.  You feel as if it is your duty to stop the Skybreakers and their henchmen.  You have no special abilities, but you feel special on the inside. :)

Windrunner: You are a Knight Radiant trained in the surges of Gravitation and Adhesion.  Each day, along with voting, you may recruit one person as a squire (via PM to the GM), and you can use one of the three Lashings (see below).  There will be 2 Windrunners.  You are also told the name of your fellow Windrunner (but not the Truthwatcher).

Truthwatcher: You are an order of the Knights Radiant trained in the surges of Progression and Illumination.  With Progression, you automatically save yourself from death once, preventing all attacks from killing you that cycle.  However, you will be revealed in the next write-up as the Truthwatcher.  You may also use the surge of Illumination each day (see below).  There is only 1 Truthwatcher.

Squire: You are a servant of the Windrunners, chosen by them to do their bidding.  Once you are recruited, you randomly receive the ability of one of the three Lashings, and you are revealed the names of the other Squires (but not their alignment, or the names of the Windrunners).  Darkeyes and henchmen may become Squires, but Skybreakers and the Truthwatcher cannot.  If a Windrunner attempts to convert a Skybreaker or Truthwatcher, the Windrunners will not be notified, and the attempted convert will not appear on the list of Squires.  The Squires have a secret Google doc on which they can plan, scheme, accuse, etc.

Skybreaker: You are an order of the Knights Radiant, trained in the surges of Gravitation and Division.  You feel that the return of the Knights Radiant will bring about another Desolation.  Your goal is to kill all of the Windrunners and the Truthwatcher.  Each turn, you may perform a Basic Lashing or use the surge of Division.  The Skybreakers and their henchmen conspire in a secret Google doc.  (There will be 2 Skybreakers.)

Henchman: You are a servant of the Skybreakers.  You have no role-based abilities, but you get to conspire in a secret Google doc, along with the other henchmen and the Skybreakers.  If you are taken as a Squire, you retain your alliance and goal with the Skybreakers, but you still receive one of the Lashings and you have access to the Squire doc as well.

Abilities:

Basic Lashing: Prevents you from being lynched for this day.  The person with the next greatest amount of votes is lynched instead.  If you use this ability, and you would have otherwise been killed, your name will be in the write-up.  Cannot be used two days in a row.

Full Lashing: Prevents someone else from using an ability and voting for this day only.  If a Full Lashing is used to cancel an action, it will not be mentioned in the write-up.  Cannot be used two days in a row.

Reverse Lashing: Protects someone of your choice from getting killed by the surge of Division for the current day.  If the person you protected would have been attacked by Division, the target’s name will be revealed in the write-up.  Cannot protect yourself, and cannot be used two days in a row.

Division: Allows you to choose one target to kill each day.

Illumination: Allows you to choose 1 person to spy on.  This person's alignment is revealed to you via a PM.  You also discern whether or not that person is a Squire.

Order of Abilities after Each Day Cycle:  (1) Full Lashings, (2) Basic Lashings & Reverse Lashings, (3) Lynch, (4) Division, (5) Squire Recruits, (6) Illumination

Win Conditions: If all of the Skybreakers are killed, then the Windrunners, Good” Squires (non-henchmen Squires), Truthwatcher, and Darkeyes win.  If the Truthwatcher and all of the Windrunners are killed, then the Skybreakers, Henchmen, and “Evil” Squires win.

EDIT: Important changes are in "Fire Brick" (that's literally what the name of the color is).

Edited by Renegade

I kind of agree. I liked the relative simplicity of Tempus's Quick Fix game. Something like that, with maybe a couple more roles, would be more ideal for a Quick Fix, IMHO. Not to rain on anyone's parade, or course. The models being thrown out all look fun nonetheless. :)

We've talked about adding another tier to the games, between the Main Games and the Quick Fixes. Tempus' definitely does fall into what a Quick Fix should be--since I envision those as not only fast-running but also simple. But at the same time, more complex games that are set to run very quickly don't quite fall into the Main Game category, so...yeah. We're working it out, have no fear. :)

I talked to Rubix about the sub-forum idea. He says adding more sub-forums to the RP forum would make it too messy. Additionally, a subforum specifically for game creation would be filled with threads with just a few responses before they are forgotten, and that just seems like unnecessary clutter. I know a couple people have expressed issues with this thread's length, but I guess I'd like to know the exact problems with it, from those and anyone else who thinks there are problems with this thread. The better we know what issues people have, the better we can come up with a solution here in this subforum. Thanks!

An idea to make this thread easier to navigate: Meta can create a sort of table of contents linking to each individual game model that is posted for discussion in this thread. That way, to get to whichever one you want, you need only go to the first post and click a link. Simple, and it won't create the clutter of an additional subforum. Yes, it may be more difficult for Meta to have to keep track of every time someone posts a new idea, but the other mods could edit the list as well, could they not?

I was actually going to take the initiative and do that myself for everyone last night... but there were a lot more than I thought. :P Most of them were like half-games or setting and theme discussions, with most of the actual Full Games being centered around the end of the thread. Which makes sense, since as we've gone along people have had more time to refine and hone their ideas into full-fledged games.
But that makes it more difficult to judge sometimes which games are "full" as people were still bouncing ideas around and it was being tweaked.

It could help if any of you have written up a full game in here, or you feel really comfortable with what you have, just go back and edit your post that has the game and mark it in Bold on the top of the post saying you want it linked. That could help Meta or I or whomever would then go through and do the Linking.

Also, some levels of complexity are definitely fine for these Quick Fix games being suggested. It is hard to tell once you start adding stuff how that can affect the length of the game sometimes. You can definitely have more to your game than Tempus' bare-bones format. That is just the minimum shell for a game. Likewise, Rubix's game is obviously quite more than the average Quick Fix, and games definitely don't need to be as large or complex as that. Doesn't mean they can't, though. Whatever you as the GM feels comfortable running and the player feelings comfortable playing.

With that said, if more people want to sign-up for Quick Fix GM'ing, the nature of those games will make that list move a lot faster so more people will ultimately be able to run games that way. Just because of how long the Main Games run the list has been getting full with a little bit of a waiting period, which is perfectly fine and to be expected. Quick Fix GM'ing can just be a nice practice run and let you try out some ideas sooner to see what may or may not work for you Main Game ideas.

I'd definitely be willing to go through and do that (15 pages isn't that much. The game thread on my other forum is over 500 pages), but the question I have is why? The idea of this thread is to post an idea for a game and get some feedback on it so you can see if everything is balanced and make changes before you take it live as a GM. Either that or you're throwing out ideas for other people to take and possibly use in their games. I don't think any of the games that have been suggested in the past have made it to the point of playability without some differences to the game state/play. What reason do we have for wanting or needing to go back through them? If the person has made changes, shouldn't they be posting the modified version again when they feel they're ready for more feedback? 

So that's my main concern. For what reason are we separating it out? If everyone would like me to do so, I definitely will (I like Gamma's suggestion of editing a post to include something at the top if you want it included, if we go that route. That saves me not only time, but solves the question of if game posts with multiple revisions should be linked at the beginning, end, or if each one would get their own link), but this is more about brainstorming and using the combined mental capacity of the entire group to fine tune a game than it is about having actual, finished games, IMO. 

I personally don't think that there is too much of an issue with this thread as it is. I was merely posting an alternate option for those who did believe there to be an issue. As time goes on, and people want to go back through previous ideas when thinking about making a game or using one they had posted here before, it might be nice to have a filing system, but it is by no means required. I agree that editing previous posts if one wishes it to he listed would certainly be a good way to go about this.

I'm thinking about making my Rithmatist game a Quick Fix, and then trying to GM it. However, I'm hesitant to do so for 2 reasons.

1. I have no idea if my game is balanced, since I've never done anything like this before.
  2. I'm going to college in the fall, so I don't know if I will have time to run it

Anyways, I've made a couple changes to my ruleset, so I guess I'll post it again with the changes in bold, with explanations in parentheses.

The Rithmatist Quick Fix

Setting: You are part of a group of Rithmatists, battling wild chalklings in Nebrask. However, it appears some of your battalion actually support the chalklings, and are secretly trying to sabotage the front lines.

Rithmatics: To combat the chalklings, most soldiers (excluding Non-Rithmatists) use Rithmatics. Each day, you may do one of the following. However, you may not repeat the same action. (If this is supposed to be a quick fix, I want the powers to have less of a cool down)

• Line of Forbiddance: You protect a target player for the night. They cannot be targeted by any actions, unless this is destroyed by a Line of Vigor. Lines of Forbiddance do not stack. (I changed this so that the Forgotten have a way to shield their killer from spying)
  • Line of Vigor: Target a player. If he has a Line of Forbiddance, it is destroyed. If he does not, cancel his action. If 2 lines of vigor are fired at a person with a Line of Forbiddance, that player will be stunned. This does not cancel any votes.
  • Line of Making: You create a chalkling that will spy on a target player. You will be told what their night action was, and who they voted for, even if their actions didn't go through. (Voting is hidden in this game, so this was a necessary change)
  • Line of Warding: The camp gains one defense for the cycle. (See below)
  • Line of Revocation: Kill a target player, as long as they aren't protected by a Line of Forbiddance. This is only available to Rithmatic Scholars
  • Line of Silencing: During the day, you may silence a target player, and their vote will not be counted. Even better, you can speak up for them, and have your vote count double. Again, this is only available to Rithmatic Scholars (Since you can't spam this any more, I had to buff it up a little bit.)

Special Roles:

• The Forgotten: You command the wild chalklings, and you win once you outnumber the good-guys. Every night, instead of using Rithmatics, one of you can kill a target player. Of course, you have access to a Google Doc to formulate plans.
  • Non-Rithmatist: You are clearly crazy. You snuck onto the frontlines without having any powers! You can still lynch people though. Note: I took out the Bucket of Acid item in order to streamline the rules.
  • Sentry: As long as you stay alive, you passively give the camp 1 defense. See below for details. (This is a nice role for the defenders, and it helps them stay alive at the beginning of the game)
  • Rithmatic Scholar: You know of 2 new Rithmatic lines, making you a formidable foe. You can use Lines of Revocation and Lines of Silencing instead of the other 4 lines.

Defense: Since the camp is on the frontlines, there is always the threat of wild chalklings invading. The chalklings attack power each day is a random number from 1 to the number of Forgotten. (At the start, this should be from 1-4) The camps defense is equal to the number of people making Lines of Warding plus the Sentry bonus. If the power of the chalklings is greater than the defense of the camp, a random good player is killed. This kill ignores Lines of Forbiddance. If the camp's defense is equal to, or greater than, the power of the chalklings, they survive another night.

One Final Note: Voting is not public in this game. However, players will learn how victims died (Lines of Revocation, the Forgotten kill, or Chalkling invasion)

I think it looks good, but let me know if it still needs some tweaking

Edited by a smart guy

If you need to be moved up in the listing, I'm sure the other GMs would be willing to work with you (as one, I know I would at least!). That way, you can GM when it is convenient to you. 

The first thing I noticed is that I don't know what you mean by Stunned within the Lines of Vigor. Does that mean that their next action is canceled out as well? 

The other thing is determining your cycles, IMO. If you're remaking it as a QF, then you need to decide on if you're going to have the votes and the night actions happen all at once. The other option is to make both days and nights 24 hours long, IMO. Your wording is a bit strange on that, since you have the Lines of Silencing as "during the day," for example. If you have them happen all at once, that gives you a bit more play room to develop the powers, IMO, as they'll all play against each other, including votes to a degree. 

I love the way you've worked the Lines of Defense. It makes it so that the Forgotten could get double kills, but hinges it on them staying alive, which won't be the easiest task. 

​If you wanted to make it simpler, I think you could cut the Rithmatic Scholar completely and just make those available powers to Rithmatics. With the change of no repeats, they wouldn't be able to technically triple vote (this might be a bit much yet) or kill multiple times without already building up a level of trust between each other. Either that or make the Rithmatic Scholar a dedicated good role, as that might be too much power if the Forgotten also got a Rithmatic. 

Just throwing out some ideas for now. Since I haven't read the book yet, I can't comment from a style stand point, but game play wise, those are the areas I'd look at next. 

Just so everyone knows, I just added a Table of Contents to the first post in this thread. If you see any games I missed (or if I didn't link to the latest version of the game), let me know, and I'll add them in. I'm pretty sure I got them all. I went through the thread a few times to make sure, but who knows? :P

And as games are posted, we'll make sure to keep it up-to-date. :)

Meta, the only complaint I have is for someone trying to think of a game and what setting they want it in. I don't want to make a game that is exactly like a game someone else is wanting to make, so I would want to review the games people have already posted and try to make sure it doesn't copy them. :) But, this table of contents works perfectly!

If you need to be moved up in the listing, I'm sure the other GMs would be willing to work with you (as one, I know I would at least!). That way, you can GM when it is convenient to you. 

I don't think you need to do that. I'm probably worrying over nothing.

The first thing I noticed is that I don't know what you mean by Stunned within the Lines of Vigor. Does that mean that their next action is canceled out as well? 

Sorry that wasn't clear. If a player is stunned, their action for that cycle does not count. However, their vote will still go through. This does not roll over to the next cycle.

The other thing is determining your cycles, IMO. If you're remaking it as a QF, then you need to decide on if you're going to have the votes and the night actions happen all at once. The other option is to make both days and nights 24 hours long, IMO. Your wording is a bit strange on that, since you have the Lines of Silencing as "during the day," for example. If you have them happen all at once, that gives you a bit more play room to develop the powers, IMO, as they'll all play against each other, including votes to a degree. 

This game originally had a day and night cycle, but I eliminated that in this revision. Actions and votes would be PM'd to me at the same time. I used cycle and day interchangeably in the ruleset, so let me know if that is a problem. The order of actions, as I see it: Lines of Forbiddance, LInes of Vigor, and then everything else, including votes.

I love the way you've worked the Lines of Defense. It makes it so that the Forgotten could get double kills, but hinges it on them staying alive, which won't be the easiest task. 

I've been thinking about permanently setting the chalklings attack strength at the number of Forgotten, so there wouldn't be any randomness there. However, I'm not sure that would be balanced.

​If you wanted to make it simpler, I think you could cut the Rithmatic Scholar completely and just make those available powers to Rithmatics. With the change of no repeats, they wouldn't be able to technically triple vote (this might be a bit much yet) or kill multiple times without already building up a level of trust between each other. Either that or make the Rithmatic Scholar a dedicated good role, as that might be too much power if the Forgotten also got a Rithmatic. 

I think the Rithmatic Scholar should be a dedicated good role at the start. However, one idea that I've been tossing around is giving the Non-Rithmatist a one-time use power of giving a player the Rithmatic Scholar role. That could be an evil twist, especially since he won't know who to trust. Also, I think you're confused about Lines of Silencing. I envisioned that like a Reverser from game 5. If they used that power, their vote would only count double for that turn.

There is one thing I'm curious about. I'm worried that the good guys have too much spy power. If they all cast Lines of Making the first day, what is the likelihood that they find a Forgotten? I don't know how to calculate that, but I worry that it's too probable. Anyways, thanks for giving me your thoughts.

Hoid and Sharders

The Game:

You're all Members of the Seventeenth Shard. Hoid has Infiltrated you by using the Yolish Strain of Lightweaving. He is slowly gaining Support in the Seventeenth Shard. You need to find him, and Imprison him before it is too late. He is attempting to Undermine the Group to stop them from not Interfering in Current Events.

The Roles:

The Terris Nurse: Once per Cycle, you may Protect someone. If they get lynched, you help them live, and they die the next Cycle. If they're attacked, they just Survive. (Yes, you can call yourself the Doctor)

The Researcher: Once per Cycle, you may spy on someone, learning their Role. (Nurse, Renegade, Researcher, Wit, Letter Bearer, Regular)

The Renegade: Takes two cycles to kill a player. (On Cycle one, Renegade choose to Target Meta, at the end of Cycle 2, Meta gets assassinated. After Meta has been Targeted, the Renegade cannot take back his Action.)

The Letter Bearer: You are the only one who can freely send and receive PM's. If two people wish to Open communications, you can choose to allow it or not. You get a Google Doc for all PM's that you aren't a part of. (See the PM Section)

The Wit: Hoid. he has access to the powers of Lightweaving, Allomantic soothing, and Stormlight Healing. He may only use one power per Cycle, in addition to his Conversion power.

Lightweaving: If the Researcher targets you, you come up as a Regular.

Soothing: He may change someone's Vote. This does Not Cancel his own Vote

Healing: He survives all attempts on his Life for this Cycle. He may Not use this Ability twice in a row.

In addition, once per Cycle he may Convert a Sharder to his way of thinking. He may only Convert 25% of the Living Players. Once he's reached his Quota, he can't convert. He may convert and use a Power in the same Cycle.

The HoidBringer: You've been convinced by Hoid to join him. You keep any abilities you had, but don't get a group kill, you also get a Doc to talk in with Hoid.

Victory Conditions: Hoid and his Hoidbringers win if they outnumber the 17th shard. The 17th Shard wins when it eliminates or imprisons the Hoidbringers and Hoid.

PM's: Anyone may send in an Order at any Time to start a PM Conversation the Next Cycle. But this Conversation will not be Started until the Letter-Bearer agree's to deliver messages. He will be able to see what you write in your Conversation, even they're not included.

Votes: If there is a Tie in the Votes, the Player who has received more Total votes in past cycles gets killed.

Order of Actions:

Lynch Votes

Hoid's Soothing

Nurse Protection

Lynch Kill

Renegade Kill

Hoid's Healing

Hoid's Lightweaving

Researcher Ability

Hoid's Conversion Power

Edited by The Only Joe

I think the Researcher should be able to detect Hoid. He has light weaving.

Is using Healing an active role, as in, does Hoid have to pm you with an order to use it or is it passive? If it's passive, does it cancel out his other action if used one night?

Can Hoid convert a player and use another power in the same cycle?

I think the 17S win condition should be to kill Hoid and his Hoidbringers not to outnumber them as it's impossible for them to not outnumber them for the first cycles.

A few little suggestions: Hoid shouldn't be able to keep converting after his original Converts die. He should be able to convert a set number based on the starting number of players. If he could keep converting, then the game could become too easy for him.

The Sharders should have to kill all the Converts, like Maill said. 

Do the Sharders lose their roles upon being converted?

So, I've been working on a new game mechanic to introduce with my next WoT game I already started planning. I wanted to introduce this particular idea first, so other people could give feedback and maybe even try it out in some of their Main Games, if they so wish. May I present to you:

Gambling: This game will also use a Currency system. Players will each start with a certain amount of coins. (In units of 1, 2, 3 etc.). Players can earn a Coin each cycle. You just need to post and vote during the Day Cycle and you’ll get a coin. During the Night Cycle, if you send in a PM with your Action and post in the thread, you’ll earn a coin. (If you don't have an action or don't want to use your night action, still send in a PM saying 'No action' and that will count.)

During the Night Cycle, you can Gamble via PM. Each Coin you Gamble counts as 1 die roll, so the more you bet, the higher chance you have of winning. The Winner gets all of the Coins gambled +1coin. (To ensure that even if there is 1 person gambling they still earn some reward). Player with the highest rolled score wins the gamble.

During the Day Cycle, Items can be bought with Coins or you can Bribe other players with Coins to buy their Vote. (You tell the GM you want to Bribe X player. X player receives a PM via the GM telling them their vote wants to be bought for however many Coins offered. If that players accepts you get to chose the new target for their vote.) So both the Briber and the Bribee need to have voted for this to be valid.

In my game I'll have items like ter'angreals and whatnot that can be purchased and used. And a couple of different voter-mechanic roles, so Bribes can become pretty important for those close votes. But what do you guys think of the concept overall?

That is a wonderful way of doing it. It doesn't favor any person over the rest and yet it's still an actual gamble. I think that when you run with this, don't allow any haggling of the vote bribe bit though. No, "well, who do they want it changed to?" stuff. People have to decide if the bribe is enough without knowing whether their vote will be used for good or for ill, so better make that bribe worthwhile!

I like it. I might test it out with the Quick Fix that I'm running during your game. ;) It'll work out much better in a Main Game, but I think it's that solid of an idea! 

I think the coins and gambling sounds pretty awesome.  Then a lucky Mat role would be possible.  What if one of the items you could buy was loaded dice?

I have a question about "highest score rolled".  If I gambled 3 coins, would you roll three dice and add the scores together, or would you take the one highest roll?

I think the coins and gambling sounds pretty awesome.  Then a lucky Mat role would be possible.  What if one of the items you could buy was loaded dice?

I have a question about "highest score rolled".  If I gambled 3 coins, would you roll three dice and add the scores together, or would you take the one highest roll?

Each coin would be 1D6 roll and then I'd add up the totals. That way those who gamble more do have that much more of a chance to win, but there's still always that gamble 1roll could beat 3, technically.

House Wars Update

I now have eight House Powers (eight is a good number), and so I declare that my game is now playable. A lot of changes have been made to the informant stuff as well, buffing the truth-giving aspect a bit.

However, small improvements can still be made:

• I am not sure whether the Obligation power is workable, since it's time-dependant. Is 24 hours a long enough time to respond? (oh, if only I could give a financial incentive instead...)
  • At first, I thought that the original Lords of the Houses would have to be known to be innocent from a flavour perspective, but I've since realised that they could just as easily be hidden half-skaa or skaa rebellion sympathisers. As such, there will be no safe roles.
  • I'm a little worried that the Seeker role is a bit weaker than it should be (and hence, so is the Smoker role), since the information it discovers can be found in other ways, and it can't discover the bad good guys.
  • I will also be grateful for any other House powers people suggest.
  • Possibly for games with a larger number of players - Split the Houses into Great Houses (with more players and a House Power) and Lesser Houses (with fewer players, but there are many more of them)?
  • If there are a lot of players, I would probably have vanilla roles. The question there though is what they could do at night, since they have very little information to give to the Informant. Perhaps a single message a night, sent to a House of their choice?

While character relationships are highly encouraged, I will automatically nix any direct relationships. This is because if one turns out to be skaa... Well, the other direct relation(s) would be sent to the Inquisition as a matter of course. As such, while it might be an interesting optional rule (with relations pre-set), it's a bit too complicated for the first run.

Terrismen stewards are currently a House Power (used to be known as Economy), but for future games, it might be nice if there were optional rules for them similar to how I've suggested an extension for Kandra as players. If anyone can think of this, it might be a nice idea for future games.

Thus the ultimate extension of this game is to have Allomancers, people with no powers, people playing Kandra, and people playing Terrismen stewards. That would be rather chaotic, with five different roles flying around - Allomancers, Powerless nobles, Kandra, Terrismen and Skaa (with the skaa group being made up of each of the other four categories). However, I think it would probably need more players than we're likely to get. Maybe a grand game of 50 players, with 10 Houses, with a roughly 20/10/10/10 split (or maybe 25/15/5/5). There would be around 10 skaa rebellion infiltrators.

This has a few problems, most amusing of which is that the Seeker and Smoker roles become really weak after so many games as the necessary role for the good and bad guys respectively, as only ~20 people can actually be found this way. The next is then that it's a skaa per House, and I want to avoid that if possible. Also, with so many skaa, it would be somewhat awkward to find them, since only a single House power gives a definite answer to that. No definite spying roles can work, as we saw with Games 4 and 5, provided information is managed well, but I'm still hesitant.

A late edit, I know, and I doubt people will see this, but hey, if anyone wants to re-run these rules and make them a bit more complex, maybe they'll have a look at this post and think about it. Another possible role for a player is for them to be an Inquisitor-in-training. In this case, it'd be similar to the Thief from Mailliw's game - Their goal is to get every power. They would have a special action, to kill a player with a spike. They would name their spike's metal, and their target when making the kill. Then, if that player has a power that can be stolen by that metal they get that power.

Anyway, the base game I will run will be as shown on the original post. This is just me musing on this ruleset's final form :P.

Edited by Wyrmhero

I don't know if it would work, just pitching a an idea off the top of my head:

Rumor spreading - The House is well connected and has contacts among many of the other Houses underlings. Once per cycle they can send a short message that is publicly revealed in the write up (or maybe just to house lords?).