The Art of Game Creation

Metacognition

Alright.  Even though the previous game I played was very difficult to stay active in, I still plan on GM'ing a game.  I am soon returning to school which is much more structured and predictable, and I will make sure I have enough time to moderate before I begin.  I still have a ways to go on the waiting list anyway.  

Here's my game.  It has a lot of rules and is very detailed and complicated.  Please give me your opinions on which powers could be improved, whether they are too powerful and will cause an imbalance, or will just cause too much work for the GM to be worth it.  I'd like to know the parts of these rules you like, the parts you find funny, and the parts you think will only cause problems.  

Twinborn Village

What makes this game special:

1) There are a lot of powers.  Everyone is a twinborn and will have one misting power and one ferring power.  There are only two useless allomantic abilities and three useless feruchemical abilities, but I promise you won’t get two useless powers.  

2) Pretty much the entire magic system as we know it is built into this game.

3) There is a map.  You can move around, block doors, and search for items.

Alignments

Villagers: your goal is to kill all of the spiked.  

Spiked: your goal is to kill all of the villagers.  You get a google doc to scheme in.  Every night one of you can kill somebody.  I know you wish you got a kill every action period, but don’t worry.  Your coinshot can go kill people willy-nilly.  Warning: when you kill random people in a crowded room, you run the risk of accidentally killing one of your teammates.  So keep up that communication!

Kandra: more about that further on.

Mistwraiths: if somebody wants to join the game but misses the sign-up deadline, they become a mistwraith. Mistwraiths can do nothing, but if somebody gets a Blessing and uses it on a mistwraith, that mistwraith becomes a kandra and is now a player in the game. (This is unlikely, but still slightly more fun than being a mere spectator in my opinion.)

Backstory:  It needs some work.  You don't need to bother reading this part.  

A hundred years ago, a group of rebels fled the Final Empire after the leaders of their uprising were killed.  They found temporary refuge in the Terris Dominance, but knew if they stayed it would only be a matter of time until they were hunted down.  Some Terrismen joined the rebels as they hiked north through the snow and over the mountains.  The colony settled in an area just past the Terris Mountains.  They called their new home Freedom Village.  The air was cleaner there, but the summers were blazing hot.  The people quickly found that the best way to survive was to live underground.  For some reason, a couple of the members of the rebellion already knew how to cultivate cave fungus. A couple of generations down the line, the allomantic and feruchemical sDNA of the rebels and the Terris people mixed to create the Twinborn, mistings with one feruchemical ability.  Other members of the population were jealous of these powers and began to use darker, more nefarious ways to gain them.  After the trial and execution of a spiked serial killer, it has become clear to the public that the recent slew of murders in this village were carried out for hemalurgical purposes.  A coalition of twinborn was called to Town Hall (which is actually an underground complex) to decide how to combat this new threat, but the spiked came with them and collapsed the entryways.  Now there’s no way out, and it’s you or them.  The only question is, who are they?

Gameplay Essentials

Actions

The nighttime will consist of 3 action periods.  You must spend one of these action periods sleeping or you will be too tired to participate in the vote the next day.  As you will be unsure of who is in the room with you, it is difficult to target a specific person.  To keep your action from simply failing and being wasted, you can provide an alternative action.  When doing an action that requires a target (spike kill, Allomantic steel, Allomantic iron, Allomantic chromium, Allomantic nicrosil, Feruchemical pewter, Feruchemical zinc, giving someone an item) you can choose to target a specific person, a random person in the room, or the person guarding a specific door.  All of these actions can fail if people aren’t there.  If a feruchemical ability fails because there is nobody there to use it on, your charge won’t be used up.  At the end of the night, I will send you a PM saying if any actions failed and I will update you on how many charges were used.

Send in night actions like this:

1 Sleep 2 Move north 3 guard south door.  I am storing Duralumin for the next day.

or this:

I am storing weight.  1 Move west.  I am no longer storing weight.  2 Search room. 3 Burn bronze.  (This player would not be allowed to vote the following day.)

or this:

1 Burn steel to attack Newan.  If he is not in the room, attack random player.  2 Sleep.  Now I am storing Aluminum.  3 Move east.

tl;dr  You have three action periods.  One of them has to be sleeping, or you don't get to vote the next day.

Map

BvggEDsCEAA-48S.jpg 

What?  Did you expect it to be drawn by Isaac Stewart?

This game will have a simple (ugly) map with several rooms.  Most night actions that target someone will only be successful if you are in the same room for that action period.  You can choose to target a random person in the room.

You can talk to everyone via the main thread, day or night.  PMs still work as long as 1 archivist (copper ferring) is still alive.  

Guarding Doors

You can use a night action to guard a door.  This means that any attempt to enter or exit the room through that door will fail. The downside to guarding a door is that it is likely to cause annoyance to your fellow players and make a target of yourself.  Also, beware of Hazecrusher.

If multiple people attempt to block a door in an action period, they will all block it together.  If a steelrunner attempts to run through a doorway that is being blocked by multiple people, it will take that many more charges to get past.  

If you are blocking a door or moving through a door, you are considered to be in both rooms.  Actions that target everyone in a room or a random person in the room can hit you whether they come from either room.  

Items

You can use a night action to search for an item.  You have a 1 in 6 chance of finding a pretty cool item, a 1 in 12 chance of finding an awesome item, and a 1 in 24 chance of finding an uncanny item.  If two people find the item at the same time, I’ll flip a coin.  Each room only has one item in it at a time, but once somebody finds the item in a room, that room will gain a new hidden item.  Each write-up will include an updated map that shows which rooms contain which kinds of items.  

Pretty cool items:

• Aluminum foil hat—makes the wearer impervious to emotional allomancy.

• Metal spike (steel, pewter, brass, bronze, aluminum, duralumin, or gold)—use to kill someone only once (1 action period).  If they just happened to have a power that could be taken by that kind of spike, the spike is now charged (but seriously.  How likely is that?).  You can stab yourself or someone else with that spike (1 action period) and if that person wasn’t already spiked, they are now.  They gain the power contained in the spike.  

• Two metal spikes (tin, iron, copper, or zinc)—use to kill two people (1 action period each). Once you have charged each spike, they are a Blessing. Use a blessing on yourself or someone else to give them an ability. Those abilities are listed under "Kandra". Gaining a blessing does not change your alignment, unless you gain two Blessings of Potency and become a koloss.  You can use a blessing on a mistwraith to make it a kandra.  

• Wooden shield—protects you from one kill, but it will not protect you from a lynch.  

• Metal armor—protects you from all kills other than coinshots and lynches, up to 4 times.  

Awesome items:

• Sterrion 36 (early prototype)—gives you the ability to kill.  Because the gun needs to be reloaded, you can only use it once per night.  You can use the gun to kill someone in a room with you, or in an adjacent room. Warning: every time you use it, there is a 1 in 24 chance it will blow up in your face and kill you.  If the gun blows up, your intended target will survive

• Lerasium alloy—use 1 action period to burn this metal and you will gain a random allomantic ability.

• Unlimited caffeine—you no longer need to sleep.  

• Atium spike—kill one person with this spike to steal one of their allomantic or feruchemical abilities. You specify which one you want.

Uncanny items:

• Pure lerasium—use 1 action period to burn this metal and you will gain all the allomantic abilities.

• The Mighty Hazecrusher, Pure Aluminum Warhammer of Absolute Destruction—gives you the ability to kill.  You can use Hazecrusher multiple times in one night.  Aluminum is magic-proof.  Hazecrusher cannot be stopped by Allomantic iron, Allomantic pewter, or Feruchemical gold.  If while wielding the Mighty Hazecrusher you attempt to move through a door and the door is being guarded, the person guarding the door is crushed and dies.  Beware of Hazecrusher.  Bow down to its awesome glory.

Each time you search a room, you know it a little bit better.  So the first time you search for the unlimited caffeine, your chance of finding it is 1 in 12, but the seventh time you search for it you have a 1 in 6 chance.  That means if you search for a pretty cool item 6 times, you have a 100% chance of finding it... Unless other people find it at the same time.  If two other people find it at the same time, you have a 33% chance of finding it.  When somebody else finds the item, your hard work doesn’t go to waste.  If the new item is pretty cool, you still have a 100% chance of finding it, and if somebody else who has searched for it less than 9 times finds it at the same time, you have instant seniority and you get to keep it.  If the new item is Uncanny, you will have a 1 in 16 chance of finding it, just like if you had been searching for it 9 times.  If you find an item, your knowledge of that room is reset.  

tl;dr Some items are better than others. Better item=harder to find. The more you search, the more likely you are to find an item. Beware of Hazecrusher.

What will be revealed in the write-up:

Whenever someone is attacked but survives, their identity will be shown. How they survived will be revealed, sort of. Surviving from a shield or armor will be revealed, and being protected by a lurcher will be revealed, but nicrosil+steel will appear the same as iron. Allomantic pewter, Feruchemical gold, and Blessing of Potency will all appear the same in a write-up.

When someone dies, their name, powers, team alignment, and items are revealed.

Whenever someone is attacked, the method of attack is revealed, sort of. The spiked, coinshot, gun, Hazecrusher, and koloss attacks will be made obvious. Feruchemical pewter, enhanced Allomantic pewter, and Blessing of Potency will all appear the same. Any spike-charging kill will be revealed as such.

Whenever someone gets new spikes, it will be mentioned, but the identity will be kept secret.

Every write-up will reveal which rooms' items have been found.

If some insane lurcher manages to pull off a double-enhanced lurch, the event will be mentioned in the write-up.

Background Powers

Background powers don't take up an action.  Some ferrings can store and tap while doing other actions.  When you send in your night actions, also say if you are tapping or storing.  

Passive powers activate automatically.

If you have a daytime power, you can send it in during the day or with your actions the previous night.

Powers 

Allomancy

Iron: protect someone in the same room as you for one action period.

Steel: kill someone in the same room as you.

Tin: learn which players were in the same room as you in this action period.

Pewter (passive): survive one attack and one lynch.  Allomantic pewter is the only thing that can protect you from a lynch.  

Brass (daytime power): cancel someone's vote.  They don’t have to be in the room with you.  

Zinc (daytime power): change someone's vote, at the expense of yours.  They don’t have to be in the room with you.  

Copper (background power): make the powers of everyone in the room impossible to detect. Protect everyone in the room from emotional allomancy.

Bronze: find out what metals are being burned, what feruchemy is being stored or tapped, and what hemalurgy is being used in the same room as you. You're not quite good enough to detect blessings, and any powers being used by kandra will appear as hemalurgy.

Gold: Burn gold to see a different possible version of yourself. Luckily, this version of yourself was a cartographer/census worker. He's holding a map covered with red, green, and purple dots.

Electrum (background power): you get to see if any of your actions failed and change them. This power cannot be used any two consecutive nights.

Bendalloy (background power): let everyone in the same room as you take one extra action in the night. Fails if you leave the room. Doesn't work for anyone who leaves the room.

Cadmium (background power): makes it so everyone in the same room as you (when the cadmium is burned) can take one less action in the night, even if they leave the room. Fails if you leave the room.

Atium (background power): you get to see if you died and you can change your actions.  This power cannot be used any two consecutive nights.  

Enhancement metals: if a daytime metal (brass or zinc) is used with an enhancement metal, it activates for the following day, then cannot be used the day after that.  If copper is used with an enhancement metal, it cannot be used the next cycle (day and night).  If electrum or atium are used with an enhancement metal, they cannot be used for the next three nights.  The rest of the metals behave as stated below.  

Aluminum: you cannot use any metals for the next three action periods. If you are attacked by Hazecrusher, your aluminum activates automatically and burns up the entire hammer as soon as it enters your bloodstream. You even manage to survive!

Duralumin: get an enhanced effect to another metal you burn at the same time, but then you can't use that metal again for three action periods.  

Chromium: your target (must be in the same room as you) cannot use any metal for the next three action periods.

Nicrosil: your target (must be in the same room as you) gets an enhanced effect for any metal it is burning at the time, but then cannot use that metal for the next three action periods.

Duralumin/Nicrosil enhanced powers

Iron: you can protect up to 3 people for the whole night. They must be in the same room as you when you were nicroburst.

Steel: you can survive an attack this action period and you can attack two people.

Tin: you learn the location of everyone on the whole map, even those hiding in the rafters. You also learn which item is in the room with you.

Pewter: you can attack someone this action period. If you are attacked during this action period, your chance to survive is not used up (but you can't use your pewter for the next three action periods).

Brass and zinc: suppress or change the votes of everyone in the room, not just one person. If any practitioner of hemalurgy is in the room, you get to control that person's vote until you or they die, or until someone else takes control of their vote, or until they get an aluminum hat or the correct blessing.

Copper and bronze: the effect extends to the adjacent rooms as well.

Gold: the map you see will show one of the powers associated with each dot on the map.

Electrum: see not only what failed, but why it failed.

Atium: see not only that you were killed, but also who killed you.

Bendalloy and cadmium: doubles the effect, not the size of the bubble.

Aluminum and chromium: Doubles the wait time.

Nicrosil: you nicroburst everyone in the room, rather than just one person.  

Duralumin: Nicrosil-enhanced duralumin enhancement? Let’s not go there.  (Actually, I do go there near the bottom of this post.)

Notes on atium, electrum, and multiple powers

Note: atium and electrum are powerful, but they require me to extend the nighttime. They can’t be used any two consecutive nights, and if used with duralumin or nicrosil, they can't be used for the next three nights.

Note: if you have multiple allomantic abilities due to lerasium or hemalurgy, you can still use just one at a time, except for background and passive powers, which can always be running in the background.  If you have atium and electrum, you can alternate them.  The one active allomantic power you can use in the same action period as any other is duralumin.  Duralumin will only affect the metals that are burning at the time.  

Feruchemy

Iron (background power): While storing weight, you can climb in the rafters. This means that you can sneak past someone guarding a door to enter the room. If you keep storing you can stay in the rafters and you can't been seen by a tineye but you can be detected by a seeker. You cannot be hit by any attack other than a coinshot or a lynch. You can't perform any actions that target anyone, and you can't search the room. If you stop storing, you fall to the ground and you can participate in the room like normal, but at the end of the night, everyone who was in that room will be informed that they heard a loud "thump" as a skimmer hit the ground. Each action period you spend storing equals one charge.  If you stay in the rafters for the daytime, that also lets you store one charge.  If you tap weight while guarding a door, you serve as the ultimate doorstop and it takes a steelrunner extra charges to run past you.  If you are in the rafters of a room and you tap 16 charges all at once, the roof collapses and kills everyone in that room, including you. That room can no longer be entered.  If anyone (thug, bloodmaker, etc) survives, they exit a random direction.

Steel: while storing, you are slow and cannot do anything (1 action period). While tapping, you can move an extra space. You can tap more than one charge at once.  If you are tapping while you try to move past a guarded door, it uses up one charge to push past the guard.  If you want to, you can say “Tap as many charges as necessary to get to {room}”.

Tin: While storing, your senses are dimmed and you can't do anything. When you tap (1 action period) you hear extra well. I will tell you 5 words for each charge tapped from a google doc you are not a member of. Note: if any of you try to fill up your google doc with "blah blah blah" whenever I come online to keep tin ferrings from hearing anything important, I will scroll up to where you guys were actually talking to each other and take those words.

Pewter: while storing, you are physically weak and cannot do anything (1 action period).  Tap two charges to attack one person in the same room as you. You can tap as many charges at a time as you want.  You can use this to kill multiple people in one action period, if you so desire.

Gold: while storing, you are sickly and cannot do anything (1 action period).  Tap 1 charge to keep yourself from being killed for an action period.  If you have 4 charges stored, they can act passively.  If you are attacked without saying that you are tapping, you survive but it uses up 4 charges. Gold cannot save you from a lynch.  

Electrum: While storing your determination (1 action period), your mind wanders and you will attempt to travel in a random direction.  While wandering, you drop any items in your possession.  Tap determination while doing an action, and if it fails you will try again.  Tap as many charges at a time as you want.  Your other action periods are offset.  More detail:

Warning: this is extremely powerful.  For example, you could send in these night actions: While tapping determination, 1 move north. 2 Coinshoot Newan.  3 Sleep.

If someone was guarding the door for the first two action periods and a lurcher was protecting Newan for the third, here’s what would happen.  

Action period 1: Pinnacle attempts to move north.  Fails.  

Action period 2 (but still part of pinnacle’s action period 1): Pinnacle attempts to move north.  Fails.  

Action period 3 (pinnacle’s action period 1): Pinnacle attempts to move north.  Succeeds.  

Action period 4 (pinnacle’s action period 2): Pinnacle coinshoots Newan.

Action period 5 (pinnacle’s action period 3): Pinnacle sleeps.  

In this scenario, the pinnacle would be informed that his first action failed twice and that he used up two charges.  

Cadmium: While storing breath you find it difficult to run.  Don’t move for a night to store a charge (passive).  Extra oxygen to the brain helps you stay awake.  Tap a charge after a night without sleeping so you can vote.  

Bendalloy (passive): You have all the food you could ever possibly need.  After day four, everyone else is feeling pretty lethargic, but you get one extra night action per night!

Zinc: You can store mental speed slowly or quickly.  Slowly doesn’t use up any of your action periods, but I won’t tell you if any of your night actions failed.  Storing mental speed quickly uses an action period.  Yes, this means you can store up to 4 charges per night.  When you tap mental speed, you can analyze someone Sherlock-style.  Tap 1 charge: find out their team alignment.  Tap 2 charges: find out their team alignment and which player they are.  Tap 3 charges: find out their team alignment, which player they are, and what powers they have.  Tap 4 charges, find out their team alignment, which player they are, what powers they have, and what items they are holding.  Tapping any more charges than 4 at once will give information about what their previous night actions were.  

Brass (passive): For the first two nights you are storing.  You’re cold, but it doesn’t effect your actions.  If you are killed any time after the third night you erupt in a ball of flames, killing the person who killed you.  If you were lynched, it kills the last person to vote for your death.  

Copper (passive): You are the perfect messenger.  As long as you are alive, direct messages are still allowed.

Bronze: You can spend a night sleeping extra to store wakefulness, and then on a later night you can tell me you are tapping bronze (0 action periods) and you don’t have to spend an action period sleeping that night to be allowed to vote the next day.

Chromium: You can store or tap fortune while doing other actions each action period. You can only store one charge of fortune per action period. While charging, random actions are half as likely to act in your favor. For example, you are twice as likely to be hit by any random attacks in the room that action period and you are half as likely to find any items you're searching for. When you tap, each charge doubles the likeliness of good things happening. For example, if you tap three charges while you search for an awesome item and the owner of the gun shoots at you, there is a 2 in 3 chance of you finding the item and a 1 in 3 chance of the gun blowing up.

Beware of Spinners.  Beware of Hazecrusher.  

Nicrosil: If you choose to store investiture while burning a metal, that metal has no immediate effect.  Later, if you tap that charge while doing some other action, you can use the metal while doing something else.  You can use this to multitask.  You can tap as many charges as you want at a time. (Feruchemical nicrosil+Allomantic steel=killing machine)

Aluminum (background power): While storing, a tineye who sees you will not learn who you are, just that he saw "a person."  While tapping, a tineye who sees you will learn who you are and what your alignment is.  

Duralumin (background power): While storing connection, your vote won't count.  While tapping it, your vote counts extra but you must designate that you are tapping duralumin in your vote post.  You can tap as many charges as you want at a time.  (Watch out for this one-man avalanche vote near the end of the game.)

Atium (background power): While storing or tapping age, you are unrecognizable to tineyes.  However, you have to store or tap for a whole cycle (night and day).  If you are storing age, you are old and have trouble walking.  You can’t attempt to move which room you are in.  If you are tapping age, you are young and nobody listens to you.  Your vote doesn’t count.

Feruchemy notes:

Note: if through the evil and way cool horrors of hemalurgy you gain multiple feruchemical abilities, you can store multiple attributes at a time. However, wakefullness is still the only attribute you can store while sleeping.

Compounding

Yeah, you knew a game about twinborn couldn’t leave this out.  Chances are, there won’t be any compounders.  But if somebody has the same allomantic and feruchemical metal, they can compound their feruchemy.  Whenever they tap any amount of charge, they receive 1 extra charge.

Kandra

If you read this far, you deserve an award.  I’ll tell you about the third faction.  Remember that rebel uprising in the back-story?  The leaders were killed by kandra that had infiltrated the uprising under the Lord Ruler’s orders.  He forced those kandra to kill, even though it was against the Contract.  After the deed was done, the kandra were disgusted.  Instead of returning to the Homeland and facing their people, they fled with the refugee rebels, keeping up their disguises and picking new bodies every few decades to stay hidden.  

If you are a Kandra, your only goal is to survive.  You have a google doc to communicate with other kandra, but you don’t need to preserve each other to win.  If you are detected by a smoker, he will sense that you gain your powers through hemalurgy, but you won’t be in the spiked doc.  Prepare to be hunted.  Other than your one misting and one ferring power, you also have a Blessing.  

Blessing of Awareness: You have very good senses.  Whenever you are attacked, you will be told at the end of the night who attacked you.  
Blessing of Potency: You are very strong.  Gives you the ability to survive one attack OR perform two night kills.

Blessing of Presence: You have an exceptional memory, and you never lapse into shock.  Whenever you are attacked, one ability of the attacker will be subtly revealed in the writeup.  

Blessing of Stability: You have great emotional fortitude.  You cannot be taken over by emotional allomancy.  

If a kandra without the Blessing of Stability or an aluminum hat is in a room where an emotional allomancer gets nicroburst, that allomancer gets to tell the kandra how to vote for the rest of the game (or until that allomancer dies, or until the kandra is gets nicro-emotioned again, or until the kandra gains the Blessing of Stability or a shiny hat) and the kandra must obey.  

If a kandra kills another kandra, it gets to scavenge all Blessings from the body.  If a kandra is killed by a non-kandra, any other kandra can go to the room where it died and say “Search for Blessing” as an action.  It will start with a 1 in 4 chance of finding it.

And just so I can get the whole magic system, here are some things that are very unlikely, yet possible. (And in some cases, frankly ridiculous.)

Koloss: If you manage to get your hands on two Blessings of Potency, you can use them on yourself or someone else to make them a koloss. They join the kandra doc, and now their only goal is to survive. A koloss can survive one attack per night, and can do one kill per night. Heck yeah.

Savants: If you use your allomantic ability 16 times in a row (8 times if it is a daytime power), you become a savant. You then have the ability to use your ability as if it were duralumin enhanced whenever you want.

Double enhancement: Nicrosil and duralumin used together or one of those used with a savant produces a double enhanced effect. There will be no triple enhancement. Nicrosil+duralumin+savant will still be double enhancement, rather than triple enhancement. Nicrosil+duralumin savant+savant (Is that even possible? Yes, but it would take 32 action periods and some lerasium.) will still be double enhancement, rather than quadruple enhancement. Double enhancement doesn't increase the wait time over that of normal enhancement. It's already enough.

Aluminum and chromium: same as normal enhancement.

Atium and electrum: change your actions over and over again until you are satisfied.

Gold: the map will show all the powers.

Cadmium and bendalloy: 3 less or more action periods rather than 2.

Copper and bronze: the effect extends to the whole map.

Zinc and brass: the effect extends to the adjacent rooms.

Tin: along with everyone's locations, you learn all the night actions of everyone in the room with you, and you learn what all the items are.

Pewter: the effect is doubled. You can attack two people and survive two attacks this action period.

Steel: you can survive an attack this action period, but you can attack four people if you want to.

Iron (muahahahaha): you lurch all the hemalurgic spikes from everyone in the room. You gain all of those powers, and they lose them. If you stole allomancy or hemalurgy from a spiked, you are now spike. They are no longer spiked, and they have no powers. If you stole the blessings from a kandra, it becomes a mistwraith and is effectively dead unless someone puts a blessing into it. You join the spiked doc and the kandra doc if you stole those spikes. Note: allomantic enhancement powers come from aluminum spikes. You can't lurch those.

Edit: funny business with the spoiler tags.

Edited by New One

Map

BvggEDsCEAA-48S.jpg 

What?  Did you expect it to be drawn by Isaac Stewart?

I read the whole thing. Do I get an Award now?

Anyway, super Complicated, but Cool. A couple things. If a Weight Feruchemist Collapses one of the three way Intersection rooms, one of the rooms will be completely cut off from the rest of the House. How can people get out of that Room?

Wait, You're making us play Clue?!?!?

Also, If an Atium Misting gets their hands on a Lerasium Bead/Nugget, can they become a full feruchemist Instead?

Can I use the HazeCrusher to knock down a roof instead of any kill actions?

Edited by The Only Joe

If a Weight Feruchemist Collapses one of the three way Intersection rooms, one of the rooms will be completely cut off from the rest of the House. How can people get out of that Room?

Good point.  I think I'll have to change the map, because that would really stink for somebody to get locked into a room alone.  

And hahaha yeah I didn't realize the similarities to Clue until you pointed that out.  

Hmm... I like your idea for atium mistings with lerasium becoming full feruchemists. I think that the main problem with that is how powerful a full feruchemist would be (you can store multiple attributes at once), but I think that a full mistborn would also be outrageously powerful.  I'll have to think about that one.  

And are you talking about using Hazecrusher to knock down a roof once, like to use it up?  Or are you talking about a reusable roof-knocking ability?  Because Hazecrusher is already uncanny.  

...All I can say, New One, is that you must be insane to consider running that. If not, then you will be afterwards :P.

In all seriousness, speaking from a GM perspective, it will be very difficult to get things right in such a complex game like that. I had difficulty with mine, and that was just 2 roles a night, let alone people having different numbers of actions each and the possibility of actions combining in weird and wonderful ways depending on which numbered action they are. How many people do you want for a game like this?

Also, one small rules question that stood out to me: what happens if you atium spike a Mistborn and ask to take their allomantic powers from them?

Edited by Wyrmhero

...All I can say, New One, is that you must be insane to consider running that. If not, then you will be afterwards :P.

In all seriousness, speaking from a GM perspective, it will be very difficult to get things right in such a complex game like that. I had difficulty with mine, and that was just 2 roles a night, let alone people having different numbers of actions each and the possibility of actions combining in weird and wonderful ways depending on which numbered action they are. How many people do you want for a game like this?

Also, one small rules question that stood out to me: what happens if you atium spike a Mistborn and ask to take their allomantic powers from them?

Funny story:  I was originally considering a google doc for each room, so people could talk to each other and try to figure out who was in the room with them.  Then I realized that I was a madman.  Assigning people to 12 different google docs, every single day? hahahahahha

It will definitely take some work on spreadsheets to get the nights right.  The gap between the action deadline and the write-up will be longer than it has been before.  But it's still doable if I have it worked into my schedule.  Since I'm still #5 on the waiting list, I've got plenty of time to sort things out in preparation.  

For a 12-room map, I would want at least 16 people to sign up.  If we had even more than that, well that would be just awesome.  More work, but a better experience.  If less than 16 join, I would shrink the map down to 9 rooms.  

When you use an atium spike, you can specify which power you want to take.  If the person who used the atium spike didn't specify, I would remind them to specify after the initial deadline, when I tell atium and electrum users whether they died or failed.  If the spike-user doesn't get back to me before the final deadline, I will assign a random ability.  

To everybody: If I wanted to co-GM this game, would anyone be interested in helping?  We could use a google docs spreadsheet to keep track of actions, take turns doing the write-up, etc.  Message me if you are interested or if you have any questions.

edit:grammar 

Edited by New One

So you would need to know a persons' metals when you spike them and pick one of them, or else you'll receive a random one?

Also, I would definitely say to start small with this game. Balancing will be hard enough without all the masses of extra players involved. Making it a longer cycle might work as well, since it decreases the pressure of getting things done quickly and eliminates the need for the deadline to move around all the time. You could close a thread at turnover time, stop people writing in Google Docs, and then start the new thread/let people in when the next cycle opens, to ensure that people don't pass information on when they shouldn't..

The Free Kingdoms vs. The Evil Librarians

Long Game based on The Alcatraz Series: The Members of the Free Kingdoms have been infiltrated by the Evil Librarian's.

The Game will take place in 72 Hour Cycles. The Day turn will be 48 Hours Long, and the Night Turn will be 24 Hours Long. Each player may place One(1) Vote and take One(1) Action each Day Turn. Each player may make One(1) Action each Night turn. There are Exceptions, though they are all noted below. A Player may not use the same Action Twice per Cycle.

Roles: No roles are guaranteed Good or Evil Except for the Reformed Librarian.

Smedry: You are a Member of House Smedry. Your name is Common Knowledge, though Your Talent is not. You might be lucky enough to have another Role as well, Or you might have Converted to the Librarian Way of Thinking. Either way, you Posses a Special talent:

• Getting Lost: For Two(2) Turns, no one can Target you with a Non-Vote Action (Active Day/Night ). All other actions you perform are canceled.

• Looking Ugly: You can Vote as Yourself, and as Somebody Else. That person will be registered as having Voted twice. (Active Day)

• Arriving Late: Any Action taken against you happens the following Half Cycle. So if you get Lynched, you will die at the end of the night instead.(Passive Day/Night)

• Tripping: You may Survive one attack against you, and you can accidentally knock over somebody who voted against you, canceling their vote. (Passive Day/Night / Active Day)

• Making Awkward Comments: You distract people, making them Lose any one Action OR one Vote in that Cycle. (Active Day/Night)

• Dancing Really Badly: During the day, you can kill someone, but, you have to Convince somebody to Sing in their Post. It will be shown Publicly. (Active Day)

• Losing things: Any Action that affects your items fail. You may also keep Lenses from the Archive. (Passive)

• The Dark Talent: There are many things you can do, but each time you do them, you will break that ability forever: (Several one use abilities)

• You may break Time, shortening the turn by as long as you want. The write-up will be regular time, but any actions taken after you end the turn won't be counted.

• You may break a player, killing them, or, if they are protected, stripping them of all roles and items.

• You may break the Smedries or the Occulators, removing those roles from the game.

• You may break the Archive, permanently removing it from the game.

• You may break a marriage, and choose which spouse gets to keep the Smedry Talent.

• You may break a lynch, causing all the votes to be randomly distributed between all the players with at least two votes.

Occulator: You can use any set of Lens. Each Occulator starts with an Occulator's Lens, and one Random Lenses.

Known Lenses:

• Occulator's Lenses: You may target one person per cycle, and will be told if they used a Lenses that Turn. (Active Day/Night)

• Tracker’s Lenses: You may Target one person per cycle, and will be told what actions they took that cycle, but not how they took them. (Active Night)

• Firebringer’s Lenses: You may target another player, and one random Item they have Melts. (Active Day)

• Torturer’s Lenses: You may target one person. All actions and Votes they take that turn are negated. (Active Day/Night)

• Windstormer’s Lenses: Knocks a person Backwards, making any action they take that turn happen the Next Cycle. (Active Day/Night)

• Disguiser's Lenses: You can Vote as Yourself, and as Somebody Else. That person will be registered as having Voted twice. (Active Day)

Knight of Crystallia: There will always be three Knights. They get their own Google Doc to talk in. Their Identities are not known to anyone, including each other. They may choose to reveal Their Identities of course, but this is not required. They get one group kill per Day. If one of them dies, the remaining two decide which player will become a New Knight. If all three of the die at the same time, The Smedries will choose one Player to become a Knight. That Knight will choose two more Knights to Aid him/her.

Silimatic Engineer: Once per Cycle, you may make any type of Lenses, and give it to anyone. You have also learned a dark Secret. You can make Inhibitor's Glass. You may use this glass on anyone you want. They will be unable to use any Talent or Occulator Action for that Turn. (Active Day/Night)

Warrior's Lens: You've found a Pair. They're one use, but they'll let you either Survive an Attack (Passive), or let you kill someone (Active Night). If you are attacked the same night you want to attack someone, your attack will NOT go through, but you’ll survive.

Reformed Librarian: A Librarian may target one person per cycle, and will be told if they are also a Librarian. It will not Differentiate between Reformed or Evil.

Evil Librarians: The Eliminators. They have a group Doc to communicate in, as well as a Group Kill each night. Every Librarian has the Reformed Librarian Ability,

Special Rules:

Marriage: During the Night Turn, A Smedry may choose to marry another Player. That Player joins House Smedry, with an Exact Copy of their Spouse's Talent. The Marriage is Publicly Announced. Divorce is not an Option, and neither is Polygamy. This counts as a Non-Vote Action. If one spouse dies, the other may not Remarry. Spouses do not lose their Talents if their Spouse dies.

The Royal Oculator's Archive: The Archive contains multiple Copies of every known Lenses. Any Player, even non-Occulators, may check out a Lenses once per Cycle. They may keep it, or give it to another player. After that Lenses has been used once, it is returned to the Archive. The Archive posts a List of everybody who checked out a Lense during the day. This does count as a Non-Vote Action.

Order of Actions:

Day:
(OL) Torturer’s Lenses
(OL)Windstormer’s Lenses
Silimatic Engineer
(ST)Bad at Math
(ST)Making Akward Comments
(ST)Getting Lost
(ST)Tripping
Normal Votes
(ST)Looking Ugly / (OL)Disguiser’s Lenses
(ST)Arriving Late
(OL)Firebringer’s Lenses
(ST)Dancing Really Badly
(ST)Dark Talent
Archive
Knights of Crystallia Kill
Lynch Kill
(OL)Tracker’s Lenses / (OL)Occulator’s Lenses / Librarian

Night:
(OL)Shocker’s Lenses
(OL)Windstormer’s Lenses
(OL)Torturer’s Lenses
(ST)Making Awkard Comments
(ST)Bad at Math
Silimatic Engineer
Librarian
Archive
Warrior’s Lenses Kill
(OL)Occulator’s Lenses
Eliminator Kill
Marriage
(OL)Tracker’s Lenses

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

It's been awhile since I've had time to check in here, so I figured I'd go back over the most recent games and give what little feedback I can! 

A Smart Guy (Rithmatist): The reason you probably haven't gotten any feedback on your game is because it looks great! You've done a good job of balancing everything. The only thing I'd even suggest is to make the Wild Chalklings equal to the number of The Forgotten minus 1. That way, if a Sentry is involved in the game, the Rithmatists have a two person buffer when the game starts to get close, but I don't think that would be necessary. I'd say it's good to go! :)

Wyrm (Living Rough): "If they post in the thread during a Cycle, vote for a player or take a non-gambling action, they get a coin." So the only way to get more than one coin per Cycle is to gamble or sell your vote, yes? Are players allowed to set a minimum bid price on their vote? Since they don't get to choose the target of their vote, they should be able to at least set a minimum bid or else someone could sell their vote for only one coin. 

"All the players who support the lynch of a lynched player will split the coins equally, rounded down" I assume you mean that they will split the amount of coins that the lynched player had. What happens if the lynched player doesn't have enough coins for everyone to even get one coin? No one gets anything from the lynch?

"Spinner - A Spinner's kills cannot be prevented (even by another Spinner), nor can their votes be negated. In addition, the first attack that would kill them will injure them instead." I like this, as it stops any chances for a 'Follow the Cop' scenarios and the first two parts make sense. If it were me, I'd cut their ability to survive the first attack though, as that makes them a lot more powerful than the other roles, IMO.

New One (Twinborn Village): Joe and Wyrm are right; you're insane. And this is coming from the guy who though UberTin would be manageable! O.o That said, it looks incredibly complex and fun. You're going to have a horrible time trying to balance this. There's just too many factors. Balancing a typical game is difficult enough and that's not even counting all the crazy ways your players will use any powers you give them! I'd almost say to not even try. Let it be the most horribly random game out there and let the chips fall where they may. It'll either turn out just fine or it'll be a resounding victory for one side. 

The Only Joe (Free Kingdoms vs Ook [if you don't know what I'm referencing there, I'm sorry]): You have some very interesting ideas going on there, especially the abilities that allow actions to occur later on. The problem is, we don't have much reference to what you mean by half Cycle and such. Is this a QF, MR, or LG? How long is each turn? When are abilities able to be used? Some of the abilities are confusing about whether they're passive or activated (for example, do Shocker Lens need to be activated?). How many actions do players have each turn? Do the Evil Librarians know who each other are at the beginning of the game? How do Smedry players adopt a player? What happens if they try to adopt a non-Smedry player (as this could be used to figure out who is who)? 

I think the idea looks very cool and it has some great mechanics and I understand that this is likely a work in progress, but a little additional information would go a long way for us to be able to give you some ideas! :)

Phew! I think that's the last few games! It's great to see all the ideas you guys come up with! If you look at the original game (Mafia/Werewolves) and then look at all the different ways we've modified it in here, it's amazing. Truly, we're either all insane or too creative for our own good! :D

The Only Joe (Free Kingdoms vs Ook [if you don't know what I'm referencing there, I'm sorry]): You have some very interesting ideas going on there, especially the abilities that allow actions to occur later on. The problem is, we don't have much reference to what you mean by half Cycle and such. Is this a QF, MR, or LG? How long is each turn? When are abilities able to be used? Some of the abilities are confusing about whether they're passive or activated (for example, do Shocker Lens need to be activated?). How many actions do players have each turn? Do the Evil Librarians know who each other are at the beginning of the game? How do Smedry players adopt a player? What happens if they try to adopt a non-Smedry player (as this could be used to figure out who is who)? 

I think the idea looks very cool and it has some great mechanics and I understand that this is likely a work in progress, but a little additional information would go a long way for us to be able to give you some ideas! :)

Phew! I think that's the last few games! It's great to see all the ideas you guys come up with! If you look at the original game (Mafia/Werewolves) and then look at all the different ways we've modified it in here, it's amazing. Truly, we're either all insane or too creative for our own good! :D

I made that entire game in Half an Hour. It still needs Extensive Work. This would probably be a LR game with one Cycle being a Day-Turn and a Night-Turn. Each Cycle would be 72 Hours. Day is 48 Hours, and Night is 24. And Each player can. You know what. I'm just going to go Edit the Original Post.

EDIT: Edited. Thanks for the Feedback Meta.

Edited by The Only Joe

Wyrm (Living Rough): "If they post in the thread during a Cycle, vote for a player or take a non-gambling action, they get a coin." So the only way to get more than one coin per Cycle is to gamble or sell your vote, yes? Are players allowed to set a minimum bid price on their vote? Since they don't get to choose the target of their vote, they should be able to at least set a minimum bid or else someone could sell their vote for only one coin. 

"All the players who support the lynch of a lynched player will split the coins equally, rounded down" I assume you mean that they will split the amount of coins that the lynched player had. What happens if the lynched player doesn't have enough coins for everyone to even get one coin? No one gets anything from the lynch?

"Spinner - A Spinner's kills cannot be prevented (even by another Spinner), nor can their votes be negated. In addition, the first attack that would kill them will injure them instead." I like this, as it stops any chances for a 'Follow the Cop' scenarios and the first two parts make sense. If it were me, I'd cut their ability to survive the first attack though, as that makes them a lot more powerful than the other roles, IMO.

In order, Meta:

• That should actually be three coins per Cycle - One for voting, one for voting, one for not gambling.
  • A minimum bid would make sense. They would therefore be able to announce the minimum they have set it to in-thread.
  • If the lynched player hasn't got enough coins to give everyone at least one, then no-one will get one, correct.
  • I agree with removing the last ability from the Spinner. I was considering removing it anyway.

Something that was suggested on my document was that if a player doesn't use the Random Kill, then they are killed instead. In this case, I would make it indistinguishable from someone else killing them. However, I feel this leads to too much knee-jerk play, and I'm not entirely sure if that's what I want. However, it would definitely make people use that kill. What do people think about that?

Tie the random kill to the money somehow? Something like if it's not used, they can't gain any coins for that cycle or they lose 1/3 of their coins if they don't use it? That way, they don't have to use it, but they'll be behind if they don't!

Well, the reason here would be that if they do use the kill, then they get the dying player's coins. So they're already somewhat punished for not doing it. The problem is that coins aren't intended to be a massive mechanic like in your QF game, just a little flavour and bribery. So I'm not sure whether players would get into that sort of spirit.

Alright, I'll try my hand a GMing! This s a Mid-Range Game I designed, set in Sel 5 years into the Reod.

Trust me, i won't be erratic, unless my brother takes over.  <_< Besides, think of the appeals of a Panda GM!  :D

A World of Pain and Ouch

You are an Elantrian. At least, you should have become one. However, for some reason, the Shaod has transformed you into the barest shadow of one, an undying creature with limp, grey skin and no hair. Worst of all, your injuries never heal, nor does the pain go away. You are forever trapped in accumulating agony, until someone cremates or beheads you.

In the deteriorating dog-eat-dog conditions, the only way to live is to join a pack, or become prey. Two of the biggest gangs are struggling for dominance of the city: the Kanden Gang and the Kraal Gang. The Kraal, being slightly less in number, decide to infiltrate the Kanden Gang.

Teams:

Kanden Gang: Team Good

Kraal Gang: The Eliminators

Rules:

Hoed: In this game, death is more elusive than usual. If a player would die, they instead become a Hoed. A Hoed can only make 1  post that doesn't reveal any information about their (and other players') actions, roles and alignment per day (the post has to be sent to the GM for confirmation), and if they were an Eliminator, they will kicked from the doc (nothing personal :P ). The Hoed cannot use their roles or item/s (but still maintain ownership of the item/s) or vote, but can be interrogated once to give up a single piece of information. Hoed can only be killed when attacked a second time. Their roles will only be revealed when they die (although it can be interrogated out of them earlier. Note that asking for their role does not mean  their alignment, and vice versa), but their items are revealed. Whoever kills the Hoed gains ownership of their items. If lynched, A Hoed's item/s are randomly distributed. Dead players will get their own Google Doc as usual, but Hoed do not get a Google Doc.

Apart from that, standard Sanderson Elimination Rules apply.

Roles:

Each player has 2 actions per day. An action is used up if the player votes, uses a role ability or uses an item. Note that you can use an item or role ability twice, if you want to sacrifice your vote and other ability.  You cannot, however, vote twice. The numbers next to the role is the number of these roles we will have in this game.

Kanden Gang Leader (1) - The Kanden Gang has a Leader, and publicly elected on the First day by his/her fellows. The Gang Leader can choose to "order" someone to do something, like vote someone of the Leader's choice, or use their item or role on someone. This ability can only be used once every two days, and counts as 2 actions. The Gang Leader loses his/her position when he/she becomes a Hoed, and a new one is elected. A leader's order is a PM to the GM (heh, the rhyme), and the person who was ordered will be informed about it the next day. Any actions they would have taken is overridden. A Gang Leader is the guy who calls the shots, after all. A Gang Leader's vote also counts as 2.

Aon-user (1-2) - Some very clever (or lucky) Elantrians were smart enough to work out how to use Aons again, even in their weakened state. Aon-users can use the following abilities:

• Aon Ehe - A small lance of flame is released at a target, rendering them a Hoed from the agony of the burns (or dead, if they're Hoed already). The flames are painful enough to make interrogation impossible, too. The victim of the attack is revealed in the write-up, but not the attacker. This ability can only be used once every 3 days, and counts as 2 actions.
  • Aon Ene - Grants yourself or a target an extra action for the next day. Not revealed in the write-up
  • Aon Dor - A weak yet potent enough blast of power that stuns someone, rendering their actions useless. Roleblock, in short. Not revealed in the write-up.

Dereth Interrogator (2-3) - Once a Shuh-Dereth interrogator, you were taken (against your will) by the Shaod. Years of experience pays off, and you can use your tricks of trade to coax information out of people. You can interrogate a living player and learn their alignment and role, or you can interrogate a Hoed, and ask them a question (PM the GM your question or interrogation request). However, the Hoed are more … resilient to your persuasion, and there is a 1 in 2 chance that your request will fail. Living players will be informed about their interrogations, but not who interrogated them.

Kanden Gang Member - You're an Elantrian that joined up with the Kanden gang in hopes of protection and power. In short, you are a vanilla player. Who knows, though. You could be elected as the Gang Leader.

Kraal Infiltrator (standard 1/5 of players) - You are a Kraal Gang Member, tasked with infiltrating the Kanden Gang and sowing chaos. You are the Eliminator.  Kraal Gang Members get their own Google Doc, and get to choose to kill one person every day. Sending in the death request counts as an action.

Hoed: See the Rules section.

Items:

The resources in Elantris are scarce, and items are therefore a bit makeshift and will break after 2 uses (except for the Charcoal and Paper and Loaf of Bread). Items can also be given to other players.

Club (1/4 of players, rounded up) - A clumsy but heavy club that can deal enough pain to render someone a Hoed. Two attacks kill. Victims are revealed in the write-up, but not the attacker.

Buckler (1/5 of players, rounded up) - A somewhat makeshift but trusty buckler than lets you survive an attack. You will be revealed in the write-up as a Buckler holder if you are attacked.

Loaf of Bread (1/4 of players) - The Kanden Gang has strictly rationed out supplies, but some members hoard some of their rations or loot. Allows you to bribe someone into doing something, like voting for someone else or using their item on someone. Similar to the "command" ability of the gang leader, but there is a 1/2 chance of it failing.

Charcoal and Paper (3-4) - There's not much left in Elantris. Allows you to start 2 PM conversations with any number of people in it. Remember to include the GM.

Random Events:

Occasionally, something unexpected occurs. For example, a food shortage occurs, forcing players to have only one action. Be on your guard!

Win Conditions:

For the Kanden Gang to win, all of the infiltrators must be killed or rendered Hoed. For the Infiltrators to win, there must be less players than the original number of infiltrators in the game.

Phew! That's about it! Panda's up for GMing!

Alright, I'll try my hand a GMing! This s a Mid-Range Game I designed, set in Sel 5 years into the Reod.

Is that your way of saying that you'd like us to add you to the MR GM list? 

I'll have to look over your game later, but I can get you added to the list at least! :)

Whew! I definitely need to run through this thread and start looking at all these game ideas being tossed around! There's a lot of good stuff in here!

But for right now, since MR2 just ended, with Bartbug's LG being ran next, my QF (Hell's Shadows) will be up after that, so I've been trying to make some finishing touches on my game! It'll be a fairly simple QF, but with only a few in-world twists.

Hell's Shadows

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback in here or in the Doc. The Main thing I still need to get completely worked out will be the Ration Mechanic I'm going to try and implement.

Thanks in advance, and hope when I get the game up and running it will be enjoyable for everybody to play! It's set up so that you don't even need to have read the Short Story to be able to understand and play the game!

I've still been polishing the Scadrial MR that I came up with earlier in this thread, and at this point in time, I think I've made enough changes that I'd like some feedback on how they appear.

Unalloyed Trouble

At this current point in time, as I've previously indicated, my intention is to run this game for the MR I'm GMing. I've made some overhauls to the available roles by giving the Town a protective role, and have sought to enable people without roles to have more things to do using the currency system. And perhaps (in what I think is the most interesting set of possibilities), I've tried to do some tweaks with the Cosmetic Roles, giving people very minor buffs in exchange for taking on a role with their own little personal goals.

Hopefully, this works out :P

Edited by Kasimir

• 4 weeks later...

I've been making a game on an Island during the Well of Ascension and Hero of Ages time period. I don't know if I'll be able to personally GM it, but if not, someone who wants to gm can use mine. My game involves all the Metallic Arts. I only have the Allomantic ones online right now, but I'll add the others from my scatterbrained notes in a few days.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/gallery/image/463-capture/

Critique my game! I was thinking of having Day 1 & 2, and Night 1 & 2. Day one is voting, day two is day powers. Night one is sleeping/plotting/night ability. Night two is also sleeping/plotting/night ability. You must sleep one of the nights with exceptions. Only two abilities may be used (choose two: burn, tap, use spike, character abilities) per day, and you have to store for an entire cycle to get one charge.

Edited by 18th Shard

I have just finished my initial planning for a MR game and would like some feedback.  Its a simple enough game with all teams being even at start.  I like to call it Sanderson Rumble.

You and a group of others have been mysteriously transported to some city ruins.  None of the others look familiar to you but strangely you feel a connection with some of them.

General Rules apply.

Day cycles only and will last 48 hours.

First cycle is a meet and greet.  No votes or kills allowed.  Other abilities can be used.

Write ups will be simple.  Death will reveal fractions but not roles.

No one will know who their allies are at start.  You’re going to have to find out as you go.

PMs are unrestricted as there are no docs apart from the dead one.

Action order: Vote manipulation, lynch, decoys/disguises/protection, spying, kills.

Last team standing wins.

Epics

Mitosis:  You are able to make clones of yourself.  You may order your clone to undertake one of the following each cycle. Note: you cannot take the same action in consecutive cycles.

Follow a player and learn what fraction they belong to, but not what abilities they have.

Kill another player.

Protect you or another.

Pose as decoy so anothers action is cancelled.

Strong-arm another’s vote to one of your choosing.

Mentalist: Manipulate another players brain into voting for who you tell them to.

Accelerated Healer: You can survive any single attack against you. If you are attacked you will survive and it won’t be revealed in write up.  If attacked again you will die. Note: This includes lynching.

Incorporeal: You are able to pass through any solid object.  Once per cycle you may spy on another to learn what fraction they belong to. 

Matter Disruptor: You can turn any organic matter to dust.  Once per cycle you may attack another player.

Forcefield: Once per cycle you can project a forcefield around yourself or another protecting from one kill attempt.

Illusionist: You can disguise what fraction you or another belongs to.

Librarians

Oculator:  You have several lenses that you can use.  Once per cycle you can use one set of lenses.  Note: You cannot use the same lens in consecutive cycles.

Tracker Lenses – Able to see what fraction your target belongs to.

Firebringer Lenses – One kill attempt per cycle.

Warrior Lenses – Protect yourself or another.

Disguiser Lenses:  Can change another players vote.

Torturer Lenses – Stops targets actions.

Crystal Knight:  You are a sworn knight of Crysta.  You have your crystal sword and can attack one person.

Infiltrator:  You are very adept at sneaking around. As such you can stalk someone and discover what fraction they belong to.

The One Who Cannot Be Named:  Even if people can’t pronounce your name they still fear you.  Once per cycle you can sway someone to your way of thinking so that they vote for who you tell them.

Romance Novel Monster:  You are made out of bad romance novels but somehow no one notices.  You can survive one attack or lynching without dying.

Warrior Lens Wearer:  You have a pair of cool looking sunglasses that enhance your physical abilities..  Once per cycle you can protect yourself or another.

Australia Smedry:  You can disguise yourself to look like another.  Should anyone try to learn what fraction you belong to, they will be given the fraction of your target instead.

Rithmatists

Corrupt Rithmatist: Once you were one of the most respected Rithmatists but after being caught alone by wild chalkling you have been transformed into something else.  Once per cycle you may command your corrupt chalklings to undertake one of the following.  Note: Your chalklings can’t follow the same order twice in a row.  There are after all just little chalk monsters.

Follow someone and learn their fraction.

Run around and scare someone so that any action they take fails.

Swarm a player and kill them.

Intimidate another into voting for who you tell them to.

Sacrifice themselves to protect you or another.

Forgotten: You are able to attach yourself to another in order to hide.  Should anyone try to discover your fraction they will be told that of your targets instead.

Soldier: You may not be a Risthmatist but you have served on the front lines of the chalkling combat for many a year.  Having been at the front lines for so long you have trained yourself to withstand a lot of punishment and can survive one attack from any source before dying.

Detective: As a world renowned detective you have solved many baffling cases.  With this experience comes a great deal of skill.  You can follow a suspect and learn where their loyalties lie without being spotted.

Defensive Specialist:  Your chalk defences are considered the best in the world.  Each cycle you can protect either yourself or another from attacks.

Offensive Specialist:  Somehow you can command your chalklings with greater effect.  Once a cycle you may send your chalkling hordes to attack another player.

Professor: As a well respected professor you have the ability to sway someones mind to your way of thinking.  Or you put them to sleep, whatever works.  Once a cycle you can change someones vote to another of your choosing.

Others (If team numbers uneven: add as needed)

Serial Killer:  You are a sociopath who enjoys inflicting pain and killing others. As such you have two abilities. You can kill once per cycle, or you may instead stalk up to two people a cycle and find out their role, but must kill one of them during the next cycle.  You must also choose a signature to leave behind as a sign of your kills. i.e. a red rose.  Win condition: Kill everyone.

Hoid:  You have no idea how you got here but you can’t pass up the chance for a bit of fun.  You can change anyones actions to target another player.  Additionally should anyone try to learn what fraction you belong to they will be told that you are the same as them.  Win condition: Survive while remaining hidden.

Team Cosmere (Use only if player numbers reach 28+)

Mistborn:  You have several vials of metals on you and can use one vial each night. Note: You cannot use the same metal on consecutive cycles.

Iron:  You can protect yourself or another.

Steel:  You can attack another player.

Copper:  Hides your fraction from any who might try to spy on you.

Bronze:  Allows you to discover what fraction your target belongs to.

Brass: Can change anothers vote or cancel their action.

Lifeless:  You are a lifeless from Nalthis and are very strong.  Unfortunately no one here knows your commands.  However your body is resistant to damage and can survive one attack before falling apart.

Shardblade Welder:  You have a shadeblade and can use it to attack another once per cycle.

Forger:  You can forge your soul to resemble anothers hiding your true allegiance.  Any who try to find out your fraction will be informed of your targets fraction instead.

Trapper:  Like all trappers you learned how to survive on Sori and are adept at spotting and avoiding traps.  Once a cycle you can protect yourself or another.

Elantrian:  The power of AonDor flows through your veins.  Unfortunately you can’t seem to get the Aons to work.  Thankfully your silvery skin seems to awe some people and they are almost ready to worship you.  Once a day you can order one of your followers to change their vote to a target of your choice.

Shade:  As a shade you can float around without anyone paying much attention to you.  Once a cycle you can float behind someone and discover what fraction they belong to.

@ Alvron. You keep saying Fraction instead of Faction, Is this intentional? And I really like the Game. THough Why is Australia a Librarian?

It wasn't intentional.  It got auto-corrected.  My computer for some reason doesn't recognize faction.  Have corrected in master doc.  Thanks for pointing out.

Australia is there because she was pulled in with everyone else and now has to work along side her enemy to make it back to her world.  Don't worry to much, she has a Crysta Knight to protect her.  :lol:

I haven't finalized the team names yet.  Librarians and Rithmatists are just the working titles to help me remember where they came from..

I have just finished my initial planning for a MR game and would like some feedback.  Its a simple enough game with all teams being even at start.  I like to call it Sanderson Rumble.

You and a group of others have been mysteriously transported to some city ruins.  None of the others look familiar to you but strangely you feel a connection with some of them.

General Rules apply.

Day cycles only and will last 48 hours.

First cycle is a meet and greet.  No votes or kills allowed.  Other abilities can be used.

Write ups will be simple.  Death will reveal fractions but not roles.

No one will know who their allies are at start.  You’re going to have to find out as you go.

PMs are unrestricted as there are no docs apart from the dead one.

Action order: Vote manipulation, lynch, decoys/disguises/protection, spying, kills.

Last team standing wins.

Epics

Mitosis:  You are able to make clones of yourself.  You may order your clone to undertake one of the following each cycle. Note: you cannot take the same action in consecutive cycles.

Follow a player and learn what fraction they belong to, but not what abilities they have.

Kill another player.

Protect you or another.

Pose as decoy so anothers action is cancelled.

Strong-arm another’s vote to one of your choosing.

Mentalist: Manipulate another players brain into voting for who you tell them to.

Accelerated Healer: You can survive any single attack against you. If you are attacked you will survive and it won’t be revealed in write up.  If attacked again you will die. Note: This includes lynching.

Incorporeal: You are able to pass through any solid object.  Once per cycle you may spy on another to learn what fraction they belong to. 

Matter Disruptor: You can turn any organic matter to dust.  Once per cycle you may attack another player.

Forcefield: Once per cycle you can project a forcefield around yourself or another protecting from one kill attempt.

Illusionist: You can disguise what fraction you or another belongs to.

Librarians

Oculator:  You have several lenses that you can use.  Once per cycle you can use one set of lenses.  Note: You cannot use the same lens in consecutive cycles.

Tracker Lenses – Able to see what fraction your target belongs to.

Firebringer Lenses – One kill attempt per cycle.

Warrior Lenses – Protect yourself or another.

Disguiser Lenses:  Can change another players vote.

Torturer Lenses – Stops targets actions.

Crystal Knight:  You are a sworn knight of Crysta.  You have your crystal sword and can attack one person.

Infiltrator:  You are very adept at sneaking around. As such you can stalk someone and discover what fraction they belong to.

The One Who Cannot Be Named:  Even if people can’t pronounce your name they still fear you.  Once per cycle you can sway someone to your way of thinking so that they vote for who you tell them.

Romance Novel Monster:  You are made out of bad romance novels but somehow no one notices.  You can survive one attack or lynching without dying.

Warrior Lens Wearer:  You have a pair of cool looking sunglasses that enhance your physical abilities..  Once per cycle you can protect yourself or another.

Australia Smedry:  You can disguise yourself to look like another.  Should anyone try to learn what fraction you belong to, they will be given the fraction of your target instead.

Rithmatists

Corrupt Rithmatist: Once you were one of the most respected Rithmatists but after being caught alone by wild chalkling you have been transformed into something else.  Once per cycle you may command your corrupt chalklings to undertake one of the following.  Note: Your chalklings can’t follow the same order twice in a row.  There are after all just little chalk monsters.

Follow someone and learn their fraction.

Run around and scare someone so that any action they take fails.

Swarm a player and kill them.

Intimidate another into voting for who you tell them to.

Sacrifice themselves to protect you or another.

Forgotten: You are able to attach yourself to another in order to hide.  Should anyone try to discover your fraction they will be told that of your targets instead.

Soldier: You may not be a Risthmatist but you have served on the front lines of the chalkling combat for many a year.  Having been at the front lines for so long you have trained yourself to withstand a lot of punishment and can survive one attack from any source before dying.

Detective: As a world renowned detective you have solved many baffling cases.  With this experience comes a great deal of skill.  You can follow a suspect and learn where their loyalties lie without being spotted.

Defensive Specialist:  Your chalk defences are considered the best in the world.  Each cycle you can protect either yourself or another from attacks.

Offensive Specialist:  Somehow you can command your chalklings with greater effect.  Once a cycle you may send your chalkling hordes to attack another player.

Professor: As a well respected professor you have the ability to sway someones mind to your way of thinking.  Or you put them to sleep, whatever works.  Once a cycle you can change someones vote to another of your choosing.

Others (If team numbers uneven: add as needed)

Serial Killer:  You are a sociopath who enjoys inflicting pain and killing others. As such you have two abilities. You can kill once per cycle, or you may instead stalk up to two people a cycle and find out their role, but must kill one of them during the next cycle.  You must also choose a signature to leave behind as a sign of your kills. i.e. a red rose.  Win condition: Kill everyone.

Hoid:  You have no idea how you got here but you can’t pass up the chance for a bit of fun.  You can change anyones actions to target another player.  Additionally should anyone try to learn what fraction you belong to they will be told that you are the same as them.  Win condition: Survive while remaining hidden.

Team Cosmere (Use only if player numbers reach 28+)

Mistborn:  You have several vials of metals on you and can use one vial each night. Note: You cannot use the same metal on consecutive cycles.

Iron:  You can protect yourself or another.

Steel:  You can attack another player.

Copper:  Hides your fraction from any who might try to spy on you.

Bronze:  Allows you to discover what fraction your target belongs to.

Brass: Can change anothers vote or cancel their action.

Lifeless:  You are a lifeless from Nalthis and are very strong.  Unfortunately no one here knows your commands.  However your body is resistant to damage and can survive one attack before falling apart.

Shardblade Welder:  You have a shadeblade and can use it to attack another once per cycle.

Forger:  You can forge your soul to resemble anothers hiding your true allegiance.  Any who try to find out your fraction will be informed of your targets fraction instead.

Trapper:  Like all trappers you learned how to survive on Sori and are adept at spotting and avoiding traps.  Once a cycle you can protect yourself or another.

Elantrian:  The power of AonDor flows through your veins.  Unfortunately you can’t seem to get the Aons to work.  Thankfully your silvery skin seems to awe some people and they are almost ready to worship you.  Once a day you can order one of your followers to change their vote to a target of your choice.

Shade:  As a shade you can float around without anyone paying much attention to you.  Once a cycle you can float behind someone and discover what fraction they belong to.

I like it.  I assume matter disrupter is a kill, as it just says attack.