Tshirt: Kelsier burned the Eleventh Metal

kvn

Petition this T-shirt  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy this t-shirt if it was officially made available?

Like many of you, I am a huge Mistborn fan. By the time I started reading Hero of Ages, Secret History had just released. I was told that I should finish Bands of Mourning before reading it, so it was such a tease at the time. Just to wet my appetite on the book, a friend of mine read to me the opening sentence... "Kelsier burned the Eleventh Metal."

That line was the most enticing, hooking, exciting, and thrilling line. I was so stoked to read Secret History and I couldn't think of any other opening sentence that would have meant more to me as I was nearing the end of the first era.

I was talking to a friend of mine and we thought it would be cool and ultra-nerdy if we had a t-shirt with just that sentence on it in book type. It got me thinking there's probably many fans that would enjoy that shirt, so I inquired to Sanderson's legal contact to find out if was something I could acquire rights to make and put on a crowd funding site like Cotton Bureau. However, they informed me that due to certain conflicts with their own merchandising that it wasn't something I could do. I thought if I started a poll and showed interested from the community that maybe they would have the t-shirt made officially through the proper channels.

Anyway, if you're interested and would buy one of these shirts if we could convince them to make them, show your support by answering the poll and help spread this thread around to get as many voices as possible. Thanks peeps!

(attached image is not official, but rather a mock-up example of what could be)

mistborn-tshirt.jpg

I'm afraid I am voting No on this one. When I look for T-shirts, I (usually) try to choose ones that are significant, or at least interesting, or both people who know the reference and people who don't. It's one of the reasons I don't own any of Brandon's apparel - they are awesome, but they are also very much for the people in the know. 

But I'll agree with you, if you are a fan of the series, the line is a good hook.

9 minutes ago, Argent said:

I'm afraid I am voting No on this one. When I look for T-shirts, I (usually) try to choose ones that are significant, or at least interesting, or both people who know the reference and people who don't. It's one of the reasons I don't own any of Brandon's apparel - they are awesome, but they are also very much for the people in the know. 

But I'll agree with you, if you are a fan of the series, the line is a good hook.

No worries, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I love obscure references... for those who catch it, it just makes it that much more rewarding. And I seriously doubt this would ever see the light of day.. I just wanted to share.

It's cool (and I voted yes) but if I could create a t-shirt it would have the words Sovereign [and] Survivor, with a spear piercing the two words. It would have the same effect and look so awesome...

I may create one just for myself. You can do that under free use laws. It's selling it to others that is the problem. (Thus my homemade Bucky Barnes T-Shirt that I drew. I can't sell it but I can wear it.)

• Chaos locked this topic