The Plan for Words of Radiance

Chaos

Woah. With this new info, the Stormlight is going to need some major updates.

Pages I've spesifically found so far are:

We need a Oathbringer page for the book rather than the sword

• Do we change Stones Unhallowed (current 3rd book page) or Highprince of War (current Dalinar page)?

The Stormlight Archive page needs books rearranged, it still has the old order.

• Do we have any news on when Stones Unhallowed may be now?

I'd love to do these myself, but have no idea what should actually be done.

Help?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Stormlight 3 be a generic Stormlight 3 title, since there have been a ton of working titles so far? Even beyond Stones Unhallowed and Oathbringer, I heard of two other working titles (but that was a while ago). I think it would be wise to leave it generic until it is official, honestly, so we don't have to move the pages a bunch of times depending on which working title Brandon is leaning to.

I like that. We could probably have a section on working titles and viewpoint characters, so as to archive what has been said about Stones Unhallowed.

Also, I agree with not making a Oathbringer (book) page, because so far he has only said he is leaning toward Oathbringer.

Hold on, is Oathbringer going to be the name of an in-world text? Probably not the place to discuss, but it is a good question. Then, we might have a "Oathbringer (Sword)" "Oathbringer (Book)" and "Oathbringer (in-world)" articles.

So, consensus is Admins do their page creation thing and we fill in the words?

So I was wondering if I could go ahead and make 3 pages and add 2 redirects sense at least 3 of the admins liked the idea?

Pages to make 

• Stormlight 3
  • Stormlight 4
  • Stormlight 10 this is a broken link from one of Fbstj's pages and it bothers me a little.

As for redirects I think that now that book three may be Dalinars book both possible titled pages should go to Stormlight 3. Stormlight 4 and 5 can point to the Stormlight archive page about the books like the other Stormlight book  pages. I know you guys are busy and did not want to interfere with anything you had planned but one less thing for you to do if you let me do it.

I a little confused by that last post Joe isn't keeping the number title what I said. I was just offering to create the numbered pages we did not yet have and then redirect the 2 pages of potential titles for books to head to a numbered book page. If I didn't make that clear sorry. I do not expect you guys to jump on any page modification things i know you have a lot on your plate. So take your time to fix it its not a big deal. though if you keep the page for the high prince of war you might want to make a disambiguation page  for it so that the in world rank and the potential title for Dalinar's book can be easily located and separated but that is something you guys will need to decide I just thought of it a little bit ago and wanted to bring it up.

• 1 year later...

I'm also curious if we need to make a list of pages that really need to be updated before Oathbringer drops. Either because it will make subsequent updating easier or because people will be searching for things while reading the new book.

this is something the pre-readers can help with, I remember @WeiryWriter and @Chaos created some lists last time around of things that wouldn't need updating for WoR so were worth finishing off pre-WoR. They should/may be able to make up lists for Oathbringer too (if you bug them enough for it...)

2 hours ago, jofwu said:

I'm also curious if we need to make a list of pages that really need to be updated before Oathbringer drops. Either because it will make subsequent updating easier or because people will be searching for things while reading the new book.

That's the plan! It's too early for that right now, as the beta will have changes. But there will be a list of terms mentioned and which need to be updated, and then also a list of which need new articles. As you might expect (considering with what happened in the jump from Way of Kings to Words of Radiance) there will be articles that will need to be totally rewritten.

23 hours ago, Hadhad said:

I'd like to focus on the chapter summaries unless someone else really wants to. I'm generally good about following through and finishing these (and finishing others that have been abandoned).

Just something to think about... Compared to the Words of Radiance summaries, is there anything that ought to be done differently? Summaries that are longer/shorter, anything different with the character lists, etc.? Just a question that came to mind...

2 hours ago, jofwu said:

Just something to think about... Compared to the Words of Radiance summaries, is there anything that ought to be done differently? Summaries that are longer/shorter, anything different with the character lists, etc.? Just a question that came to mind...

They are already pretty busy with all the character lists, symbols, etc. although I know someone created separate pages for each chapter, but I'm not sure if anything was done with those other than repeat the same text.

As for level of detail, it seems to me that some of them in WoR are a bit too detailed. Ch. 2 is a good example.

One improvement we can make is to put viewpoint characters in bold above each section within the chapter. They are in the WoK summaries, but not WoR for some reason. Check out Ch. 68 of WoK for a good example.

BTW, what is the acronym for Oathbringer? "O"?!

it's not gonna get an acronym, similar to Elantris... well other than sa3

55 minutes ago, Hadhad said:

One improvement we can make is to put viewpoint characters in bold above each section within the chapter. They are in the WoK summaries, but not WoR for some reason. Check out Ch. 68 of WoK for a good example.

this is mostly because the person that added/formatted that detail was just trying something, and ended up not continuing passed wherever they got to. similar to the separate pages per chapter, that's just @WeiryWriter wanting to make things better but not having time to finish everything, still experimenting with it.

EDIT a fourth time: I just made a chatroom specifically for the book summaries on the copperminds chatroom, please come by to check it out

6 hours ago, Joe ST said:

it's not gonna get an acronym, similar to Elantris... well other than sa3

I've already seen ob used as an acronym for Oathbringer on the shard fairly frequently. It's also currently listed as one on Template:B, so if you don't want it you should remove it now before people use it and it causes more work trying to fix later. 

4 hours ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

I've already seen ob used as an acronym for Oathbringer on the shard fairly frequently. It's also currently listed as one on Template:B, so if you don't want it you should remove it now before people use it and it causes more work trying to fix later. 

I concur that we should remove it; I strongly prefer using sa1, sa2, sa3 for the citation format. I remove "twok" and "wor" on articles to the sa1 and sa2 format whenever I see it.