I have finally worn Joe down and learnt a little of the secrets he has in this game. :)  Sadly I'm not allowed to share what I've learnt but nothing was said about revealing that they exist or how to find out. :P  If anyone wants to learn about them, ask Joe.  He will PAFO the first three or so but afterwards, depending on how you word the questions, he will start giving out hints.  Bad news, we only have until the end of the third cycle to learn about them. :o So get asking.

1 hour ago, Alvron said:

I give my opinion when I feel it's necessary.  But if others have already said what I'm thinking then I feel there is no need for me to say anything.  If someone I'm suspicious of is being lynched and has enough votes for it to be a foregone conclusion, then I feel there is no need for me to vote.  This is simply who I am.

I feel very guilty about my earlier post, Alv, and wanted to make an apology - I didn't intend to criticise you. I'm a strong proponent of our environment's allowing everyone to play in whatever manner brings them enjoyment, and don't feel my post was in line with this belief - I'm sorry.

This seems pretty cut and dry to me. Jondesu. He tried to save a teammate without mentioning said teammate by name. In the post voting on Aman, he didn't even mention Doc by name, even though Doc was leading the votes at the time. He then goes to PMs asking people to untie the vote. He asked for people to vote for Aman, again ignoring who was actually in first place. Alvron saved us by breaking the tie in favor of Doc. Then Jondesu claims that Aman is still an Eliminator. That's ludicrous. Would an Eliminator risk a tie in that situation, and have two Nobles die? There's no way that happens. Further, do you really think we got lucky enough to lead the lynch on two eliminators day one? That's highly unlikely. Even if we did, Doc would have tried to move it to a third party. Honestly, Aman is one of the few people I trust, which sucks because he is busy with real life. I firmly believe Jondesu is a noble.

That being said, Jondesu is going to get lynched today. Therefore, we need to pivot to who we're voting on next cycle. I think we need to talk to Ecth III. He's been acting really suspicious lately. Everyone's noticed it, but a lot of people are thinking he is a jester. I don't believe that explanation. I think he's pretending to be a jester, in order to avoid suspicion. In that light, his actions make sense. That's why he is voting on Rae right now. He's trying to draw suspicion away from his teammate, Jondesu. Since there is a small chance that he is a Jester, I urge all Coinshots to shoot Ecth III. If my hunch is right, and he is evil, we will be in fantastic shape. There's probably five eliminators, so killing three in the first two cycles will be a fatal blow. If Ecth is a jester, there's no problem. We've just gotten rid of a source of misinformation. If Ecth is a villager, I'll be surprised, and wonder why he was so erratic. To make sure this plan succeeds, I urge all Rioters to stay home. We don't want a kill going haywire. I'm aware the Eliminators might have one, but that's a risk we're going to have to take.

1 minute ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I feel very guilty about my earlier post, Alv, and wanted to make an apology - I didn't intend to criticise you. I'm a strong proponent of our environment's allowing everyone to play in whatever manner brings them enjoyment, and don't feel my post was in line with this belief - I'm sorry.

No worries Orlok.  I took no offence.  You stated your opinion clearly and concisely which is all one can ask.

18 hours ago, Arraenae said:

@Amanuensis this is what Orlok posted:

Firstly, Lopen - I can see no benefit in keeping my vote on you.

Secondly, Aman. I absolutely understand that you're busy with personal life, and won't be as active - so want to be clear that I'm not voting for you based on lower activity.

However, your assertion that you're going to be killed tonight, and indeed asking for death seems to me to be rather suspicious - it's a good way to get trust with the village - making you seem vulnerable, whilst being rather nonsensical from a general point of view - if you are a villager, it's rather counterproductive - telling eliminators really that they shouldn't bother killing you because they'll hit a more active target elsewhere

18 hours ago, Arraenae said:

I can't really analyze this in-depth now -- parents are watching my computer and this forum doesn't look enough like homework. Can you please tell me which parts are nonsensical?

All of it, in my opinion. What the storms is the point of gaining trust with the village if I state in blue text that this game is taking up too much of my attention and that I regret joining it? Through a medium that guarantees absolute truth, I made it clear that removing me from this game is in my own personal best interest. Anyone who knows me at all (which I would think Orlok does, given our interactions both in and out of games) knows that I would not hesitate to inconvenience myself if someone else's fun or victory is dependent on me (which it is significantly less so on the village side compared to eliminators). To challenge that by suggesting it's a convoluted plot to gain trust is not only an insult against me regarding my integrity as a player, but as a human being in general: the former because that skirts the fair play rules if not breaks them entirely, the latter because it means I would be willing to manipulate real life circumstances for an advantage in a meaningless game that's sole purpose is entertaining people.

I firmly believe there is absolutely no point in doing what I did as an eliminator, and to jump to that conclusion on the very first day of the game when a player we have now learned is evil would be lynched otherwise is the very definition of suspicious. I said pregame I would not be able to participate as much as I usually do. That would have been enough to skate by without issue. Bringing attention to myself by asking the eliminators to kill me can only lead to two possibilities, unless you're willing to believe I possess no morality at all: no difference being made in the game as they would just target someone more active anyway, or them removing me from the game as requested instead of a player like El who could actually give this her all comparatively.

Besides, the entire situation reeks of the Shallan Debacle of LG15b. For anyone who isn't familiar, an eliminator was about to get lynched on the very first day, when a fellow eliminator gave very poor reasoning to lynch someone else, which somehow instigated a bandwagon that saved them. Depending on who the eliminators are, they might go for the more strategic route and use a player who's asking for death anyway to save one of their teammates, rather than waste their own kill on them. I am growing more and more certain that's what happened there.

Therefore Arraenae and Orlok. I don't know if Jondesu is evil; he very well might be. If he isn't, though, I would definitely consider lynching Rae tomorrow. If he is, she's likely good, but just wasn't thinking clearly regarding me (which she typically does anyway). Orlok, on the other hand, continues to affirm my suspicions of him. I'm likely biased because I cannot take what he is saying as anything other than an insult towards my personal character, but I honestly believe he is a better friend than to assume that of me in normal circumstances, and the only other circumstance that makes sense to me is that he is evil and was desperately trying to prevent the death of an ally in favor of someone who wanted his team to kill him anyway.

So long as I am alive, I promise to dedicate all of the time and effort I possibly can to this game. To do anything less goes against one of my largest pet peeves: volunteering for something and failing to follow through. If the village wants to organize a tied lynch with me and someone else, then I welcome it with open arms, but if so I will fight until the very end of my last post to make sure I take an enemy down with me, and right now I wholeheartedly believe that one of those enemies is either Orlok or Arraenae.

Edit: Ignore the blue text from the original post. It was an unintentional error.

Edited by Amanuensis

43 minutes ago, Sart said:

I think we need to talk to Ecth III. He's been acting really suspicious lately. Everyone's noticed it, but a lot of people are thinking he is a jester. I don't believe that explanation. I think he's pretending to be a jester, in order to avoid suspicion. In that light, his actions make sense. That's why he is voting on Rae right now. He's trying to draw suspicion away from his teammate, Jondesu. Since there is a small chance that he is a Jester, I urge all Coinshots to shoot Ecth III. If my hunch is right, and he is evil, we will be in fantastic shape. There's probably five eliminators, so killing three in the first two cycles will be a fatal blow. If Ecth is a jester, there's no problem. We've just gotten rid of a source of misinformation. If Ecth is a villager, I'll be surprised, and wonder why he was so erratic. To make sure this plan succeeds, I urge all Rioters to stay home. We don't want a kill going haywire. I'm aware the Eliminators might have one, but that's a risk we're going to have to take.

How do you define "suspicious"? If you mean "acting different than usual", I'm usually an eliminator, so by that logic I'm more likely to be a villager.  Read into it what you will.

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm likely biased because I cannot take what he is saying as anything other than an insult towards my personal character

Aman, I don't think that Orlok meant to personally insult you. I can see how it could be interpreted that way, but I doubt that that was his intent in the slightest. As you stated yourself, the goal of the game is to have fun.

Most trustworthy to me:

Aman - why else would doc And Jondesu go for him as an attempted alternate to Doc? They could have picked someone else.

Alv - his last minute vote could have just as easily saved Doc instead of cementing the lynch on Doc.

The vote at this point seems pretty stable, and I'm not really suspicious of Alvron.  However, I'm not feeling the Jondesu lynch.  I don't think I really have any better ideas, so I'm not going to add chaos at this point, but I honestly am more worried about Rae, Orlok, and Ecth, in about that order.  Ecth is confusing me, Orlok has made some valid points, but unfortunately the points are directed at Aman, who is pretty much confirmed village in my mind, as well as having RL things to back him up.   Rae, I think has been acting slightly oddly, as well as giving poor reasons for doing the things she has done.

I'm not going to vote this cycle, because I don't feel like I have enough to go on.  QFs usually get past me pretty quickly, and I've been pretty busy in RL, so I apologize for being less active than usual and hope to get my feet back under me next cycle.

Bah, I didn't realize I created the tie (I miscounted) and then tried to get help fixing it because I thought Doc was innocent. Apparently ya'll aren't convinced though, and it's probably too late to change anything. Just sucks that such a little meaningless thing is going to get me lynched.

7 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Bah, I didn't realize I created the tie (I miscounted) and then tried to get help fixing it because I thought Doc was innocent. Apparently ya'll aren't convinced though, and it's probably too late to change anything. Just sucks that such a little meaningless thing is going to get me lynched.

So you accidentally created a tie, but then instead of simply retracting your vote you instead tried to swing the tie to a different player? Something's not adding up.

Edited by Elenion
Added question mark instead of period

2 minutes ago, Elenion said:

So you accidentally created a tie, but then instead of simply retracting your vote you instead tried to swing the tie to a different player. Something's not adding up.

I told you, I genuinely thought Doc was innocent. I didn't want to just retract and let him die. I liked the way he'd been posting and what he was saying; apparently I was just fooled.

Well, Joe asked me if I wanted to die along with the inactives, and I said yes

Like I said, I believe Ecth is a villager. I am also have some faith that Lopen is, too. I am suspicious of Len, mostly because his notable activity this game reminds me of MR17, although since they're the two most recent games it's possible it's just him just evolving as a player. Orlok has since PM'd me apologizing about the situation. This does not mean that he isn't evil and should be let off the hook, even though I personally wish I could say it does. Considering the rapid shift in votes and the fact that vote manipulation was used to try to get me killed over doc makes me think it was more than just him who got directly involved. I'm less sure which of Orlok and Rae is the ally, but I'm still confident one is. I could be wrong but at this point I believe that Jon is village.

Pay very close attention to players who are refraining from voting (sheep comes to mind) and players who are not posting but still surviving (no one this turn, since Sheep snuck a post in towards the end of D1 and Nathan just got one in). I think there's a decent chance Nathan is evil, due to the timing of his post. It's possible that he was writing in the doc or was PM'd by his fellow elims if not to post so that he wouldn't be caught surviving this turn without posting.

I didn't get to take many notes this game due to the music festival I attended this weekend, but here is what I did take. For the most part it's just summaries of posts though I had a personal comments I made, some of which ended up being irrelevant since El turned out to be village anyway, and despite me being suspicious of Orlok I am less so of Lopen.

Spoiler

1. Mage: Excitement. Indecision. First.

2. Dani: Will voice thoughts.

3. Jond: Fluctuating participation. Promises to be active. Wait and see.

4. Orlok: Worried about a trend of silence. Notes limited amount of time. Poke votes Lopen to get help kick start the discussion. (Potential distancing)

5. Rae: Roleplay

6. Lopen: Suggestions for Rioters, Seekers, Tineyes, Smokers, Thugs and lynches.

7. Ecth: Roleplay. Votes for Lopen because it “sounds like he is trying too hard.”

8. Lopen: Retaliation vote with joke.

9. Ecth: Compares his first post to the one-and-only Aman.

10. Lopen: Asks what Aman’s playstyle has to do with him.

11. Ecth: Points out Lopen’s counter vote isn’t justifiable either.

12. Ecth: Tags Clanky for lurking (isn’t playing) then Rae.

13. El: Votes for Ecth, disagreeing with his logic regarding Lopen. “None of that’s strong evidence against you, but then, it’s D1.” (x1)

14. Rae: Thinks Ecth’s last response was defensive / patronizing. “Could be a village reaction, though.” Asks Ecth for clarification on what Lopen’s done, and mentions again how two players doing something similar isn’t a tell for one another, only themselves.

15. Ripple: Says she’ll try to be semi-active. Votes on Ecth for gut reading.

16. Lopen: Is glad/surprised of El’s read.

17. Ecth: Tries to make posting information at the start of the game look bad. Points out how he’s stacking votes. Attempts to use a few of Lopen’s posts from MR17 to prove his point.

18. Len: Says he was about to vote for Ecth but after Ripple’s vote he’ll hold off. Will make suggestions / write RP when he’s off mobile.

19. Ecth: Short RP commenting on the quick accumulation of votes.

20. Ecth: Responds about problem I presented regarding the quotes he took from MR17.

21. Doc: Excitement. Not a proponent of day one lynches, but since ties cannot stop them he will hold back for now. Mentions how he gained trust in MR17 and how he won’t be able to do the same thing this game. Doesn’t find Lopen suspicious; claims he would have done the same thing if he had been on earlier. Does not deny the possibility of Lopen being evil, but agrees Ecth’s reasons for voting on Lopen are not alignment indicative. Mentions that Ecth is more lynch happy than usual, and that his weak reasoning / aggressiveness has caught his attention.

22. Lopen: Past games do not equal current games. Does what he did regardless of his alignment. Asks Jond and Dani if they have any opinions and thoughts now.

23. Jond: Thinks Lopen is good, mentioning their relationship in MR17, though says it’s mostly gut. Agrees that Ecth seems lynch-happy, but mentions he hasn’t played him before and thus can’t say if it’s normal or not. Implies he’s going to bed but when he wakes up he’ll send some PMs (and asks for some too).

24. El: Responds to Lopen’s wonder about reading him village, to which she points out his alignment the past 7 games. Overall things that compared to Ecth he’s more likely innocent. Tells Ecth that Lopen’s tones were different between the examples he provided and Lopen’s current posts, but notes that she can’t really explain it.

25. Rae: Believes the Nobles have a Smoker based of experience with AG2. Asks Joe if there are spikes in this game. (Receives PAFO)

26. Nyali: Doesn’t have much to say but wants to post. Is suspicious of Ecth and thinks he was trying to start a train on Lopen. Then votes on Ecth with the disclaimer that if they’re wrong, people will have information, and that she will be more suspicious of El or Ripple.

27. Lopen: Responds to Doc’s paragraph about inactives and suggests someone @ mentions those who haven’t posted or even vote against them. Says he hoped El would have elaborated more so he could take notes. Tells Rae that he believes Joe would have distributed things differently than Meta did in AG2, and points out that Seekers can only scan those who are burning metals. Suggest Smokers only smoke themselves. Claims he is nervous about people defending him and points fingers at Doc, Jond and El.

28. Sart: Vote tally. Summarizes what’s happen. Says he doesn’t think Ecth is evil because he would have likely taken longer to respond, as well as the fact that no one has come to defend her (until him). Votes for El because he doesn’t agree with her argument, when in truth he’s thinking of Nyali.

29. Len: Once again mentions that Ecth is playing abnormally. Explains the usual way he votes and mentions how his brother is acting more like him. Gives advice to every role (Note: Look at these closer later). RPs

30. El: Confused by Sart’s vote. Agrees it’s odd no one has defended Ecth, but also thinks an eliminator might be more rash due to being evil (unlikely given their behavior in LG26). Mentions that Seekers can see alignments.

31. Doc: Clarifies he did not state that he thinks Lopen is innocent, just that he does not agree with Ecth’s logic. Mentions how poke votes are dangerous in this game given ties can cause multikills. Panics a little about eliminators taking advantage of this fact and advises people be careful with their votes. Points out that Ecth did not behave this way the other three times he was evil (thank you).

32. Lopen: Corrects Sart that he was thinking of Nyali not El. Asks Thugs to protect him and Joe if Rioters can redirect the elim kill. Also suggests Soothers always use their power so they can be scanned. Assures Doc that he understood him but that he was suspicious of him for other reasons. Agrees that votes need to be carefully placed but not that it’ll be relevant any time soon.

33. El: Disagrees with comment Doc made about her being a good reader. Admits that Doc’s point about Ecth is sound. Mentions that it’s only 6 hours into Day 1 so no one is going to have particularly accurate reads (x2) Says she likes the lynch the way Joe does it.

34. Dani: Affirms Lopen’s concern about someone defending him being evil with a similar situation in MR17. Says she won’t vote and that she doesn’t think Lopen is evil. Is unsure about Ecth, and thinks El is evil (mostly because of what Sart said which was directed at the wrong person). Finishes with a comment about her being easily manipulated and that she has a bad feeling about Doc.

35. Burg: Asks what the average number of elims in a QF is.

36. Ecth: Switches his vote from Lopen to El because she “seemed to eager to capitalize on Lopen and I voting for each other.” Asks why he would behave the way he has if he were evil. Is “wondering who we should lynch after I’m revealed to be a villager.”

37. Ecth: Points out El being in PMs and that Doc is also online.

So best of luck village. I'll be watching from the Cognitive Realm. Make me proud.

5 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

If this is true, I'm sorry. But you clearly did see the tie -- you asked me and Lopen to fix it later. Why didn't you drop your vote then?

In the end, I'll feel safer with you dead, and as Aman pointed out, your death will gain us information about Rae. Sorry, but it looks like you're going to die.

Just now, Wonko the Sane said:

If this is true, I'm sorry. But you clearly did see the tie -- you asked me and Lopen to fix it later. Why didn't you drop your vote then?

In the end, I'll feel safer with you dead, and as Aman pointed out, your death will gain us information about Rae. Sorry, but it looks like you're going to die.

Guess you didn't see my latest post (hey, that's what happened with me last cycle, basically!). I didn't think Doc should die, so I wanted to break it and only get Aman, not Doc. Even Aman is convinced I'm village, btw, at least to a reasonable degree.

I only have an hour left to live, though, probably not enough to convince enough people to switch their votes. If anyone is on, though, I meant it for the best, I thought I was doing the best for the Skaa!

Cycle 3: Tears of Vengeance

First tried to vomit, but he had nothing left to expel. He panted as he lay on the side of the street where he had been dumped by the guards. He wasn’t the only one here. He could see others he recognized from various meetings with Quellion. Cleo was there, unconscious, and breathing very lightly, as thin as a stick. Eoldren too, stinking as if he had recently vomited.

It was hard to think, hard to focus. The pain came in waves, and he felt so tired. He could hear noises, bodies falling, the creak of wagon wheels, the crackling of fire. But he found it so hard to care. He felt light, like Ash blowing on the wind. He felt warm, like the mansions burned to the ground. He felt stretched out, like butter, on too much bread.

Beside him, he heard a gentle absence of sound, as Cleo stopped breathing completely. That seemed like a good idea for some reason. Be quiet, be at peace.

First closed his eyes, and drifted away with the ash and smoke.

Nia walked briskly through the ash fall, some sack cloth tied around her mouth and nose to keep the sickness out. She had been doing what she could to stay busy, even if it meant helping move the bodies. Anything to keep thoughts of Silima away.

A friend was dead, but a friend was also a liar, a noble in hiding. She didn’t know what to think about that. When the Lord Ruler had lived, she had an image of what nobles were. Petty, cruel monsters, who took what they want, and cared for no one, and loved no one. But Silima had been happy, and friendly. She had talked about her daughter Ratha, with such love and tenderness, just like every Skaa Nia had ever known.

Her vision was getting blurry, and she angrily wiped her eyes as she realized she was beginning to cry. As her vision was blocked, she stumbled over an uneven paving stone and fell to her knees. She snarled at the stones, and shook.

A hand lightly touched her shoulder. “Are you okay miss?”

Nia angrily wiped her eyes and grabbed the stranger’s hand. He pulled her up to her feet and she nodded decisively. “Yes, sorry, just, lost a friend yesterday. Killed by nobles.”

The man nodded sadly. “I know the feeling. I too lost a friend recently. A man near and dear to my heart. What was her name, if i might ask?”

“Silima, she, I,” She trailed off, uncertain of what to say.

“Silima, she sounds like a lovely person. How did she die?”

“Some noble, tricked a bunch of folks into killing her in a barfight.” She grinned, trying to force herself to feeling better.” But we got him back. We followed him and repaid him blow for blow. I would do anything, to avenge a friend.”

“As would I.”

Nia looked back at the man. “How did your friend die?”

The man looked at her, almost regretfully. “He was beaten to death in an alley quite near here, by you and your friends.” His hand suddenly squeezed around her wrist. Nia put the pieces together instantly, and swung her arm, breaking the hold. She tried to throw a bunch, but he dodged around it, steped inside her reach, and then drove a dagger up through her sternum.

“I think, that under different circumstance miss, we could have been friends.” He wrenched the blade out of her, and let her fall to the street. “Give my regards to Doc and Silima.”

More to be edited in

Winter Devotion died of Inactivity!

Eolhondras died of Inactivity!

Amanuensis died of Inactivity! (Kind of)

Bugsy was killed by a Coinshot! He was a Regular Citizen!

Orlok was killed by a Coinshot! He was a Regular Citizen!

Nyali was killed by the Nobility! She was a Regular Citizen!

Jondesu was lynched! He was a Noble Lurcher!

Vote Tally:

Jondesu (8): Nyali, Bugsy, Len, Wonko, Dani, Rae, Lopen, Sart

Rae (3): Ripple, Ec3

Orlok (1): Aman

Aman (1): Jondesu

Player List:

Elenion :  Arboreon

Bugsy6912 : Archibald Regular Citizen killed by coinshot, C2

Magestar : Magus Astrum

Assassin in Burgundy :  Burkare

Winter Devotion : Kae and Cleo Inactive Died of inactivity, C2

Doctor12 : Doc Noble Regular Lynched C1

Eolhondras : Eoldren Inactive Died of inactivity, C2

Amanuensis : First Inactive Died of inactivity, C2

Ecthelion III : Luckless Gibbs

Dankness Ascendant :  Scinoness Khaz

RippleGlyf :  Aurore Lepinceau

Alvron :  Lor

Nathanvanduij : Nathan

Daniyah : Svetao Ngao

Nyali : Nia Regular Citizen killed by the Nobility C2

Jondesu : Quintus Noble Lurcher Lynched C2

Wonko the Sane : Dr. Relin

Arraenae : Richelle

Sart : Sartiarty

Elbereth : Silima Citizen Tineye

TheMightyLopen : Stahl

I_am_a_Stick : Stick

AliasSheep : STINK

OrlokTsubodai : Locke Tekiel Regular Citizen

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

I retracted my vote on Alv in my earlier post, unless I was vote maniped onto him, which seems really unlikely.

I'm kind of surprised how many people died of inactivity.   I'm also surprised how many were normal villagers.  :blink:

And, seeing as Orlok ended up being a Villager, I think Len or Rae would probably be the next best people to lynch.  

Finally, I probably won't be on again till tomorrow morning (for me).  If I am, it's because I got bored. :P  

Edited by Magestar
Extra Commas, forgot to red Len.