3 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

I don't follow, Lopen. That post made you want to vote for him? Why? I actually want to drop my vote now, except that it would create a tie, and Doc is still my best suspicion. What made you switch to him?

Sorry, the wording was not too great. >.< I meant that post made me suspicious of you. I was already suspicious of Doc for previous reasons unrelated to you, and was thinking about voting on him, but then you voted on him and your post made me suspicious of you.

Wow, I forgot about this so far today, so I'm barely squeaking in under the wire (these quick cycles will get to me).

I'm honestly having trouble following and keeping track of the changing votes. The logic about Aman is tracking the best with me, though, and while Ecthelion hasn't been cleared in my mind yet, I don't want this first vote to risk a tie, so I wanted to throw it further to someone who already has some votes as well.

Edit: it's the logic that he's likely a safe lynch if he's a villager who just can't participate, and if he's playing himself up that way to reduce suspicion, he also should probably go.

Edited by Jondesu

28 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Sorry, the wording was not too great. >.< I meant that post made me suspicious of you. I was already suspicious of Doc for previous reasons unrelated to you, and was thinking about voting on him, but then you voted on him and your post made me suspicious of you.

No, I'm talking about Doc's most recent post. You implied that your vote switch was a response to it.

Dankness, Doc.

Vote Tally:
Doc (5): Wonko, Elbereth, Nyali, Lopen, Alv

Aman (4): Orlok, Rae, Doc, Jondesu
Lopen (1): Orlok, Ec3
Ec3 (1): Lopen, Elbereth, Ripple, Nyali
Elbereth (1): Sart, Ec3
Len (1): Aman
Nyali (1): Sart
Dankness (0): Alv
Wonko (0): Lopen

Cycle 2: Broken Chairs and Broken Tables

Jack tapped the vial of bronze dust against the rim of his cup, pouring it into his drink. He stirred the cooling liquid with a finger before taking a drink. Skaa beer still didn’t sit well with him, he preferred wines, but Quellion had gotten rid of all of that. The other occupants of the bar didn’t seem to mind though.

Various Citizenry and enslaved Nobility sat around him, drinking for their own reasons. Some were here to celebrate Quellion, some to worship the survior. Jack was here because he was not a Slave.

His contact, one of the freed nobles, sat down across from him and nodded. “Evening Jack. What have you got for us?”

Jack stared at him. “What are you wearing?”

The Noble was wearing a very baggy sackcloth shirt, like a beggar might, a large, very obviously fake wig with attached beard, and leather gloves. They looked down at the table and mumbled something under his breath. Jack continued to stare. Years of negotiation had taught him that silence made men talk more than words did.

“It’s. . . a disguise?”

“You’re an idiot Doc.”

Doc raised one finger at him with a scowl. “I’m not good at disguises okay? And don’t call me Doc. We don’t know who might be listening in on this conversation.”

Then what should I call you? Lord Grundlebeard?

Doc furrowed his brow together, humming a bit under his breath. “Twilight Sparkle.”

Jack stared at him. ‘Twilight Sparkle’ stared back. Jack squinted at him. Twilight raised an eyebrow. Finally, Jack sighed, then gestured over his shoulder, indicating the group of skaa behind him. “See the short one? Thin woman, with the rope necklace?”

Twilight looked over at her. “Yeah, I see her. Creepy looking skaa isn’t she?”

“Her name is Silima. She’s one of Quellion’s informants, and she’s the one organizing people to hunt you all down. Kill her.”

“Any Allomancy?”

“Yeah.Tineye, but she's not burning right now.”

Twilight looked back at him, “Tineye? She a noble?”

Jack balled up his fists under the table and hissed, “Yes. But she gets to see her daughter eery day, and she works willingly with Quellion.”

Twilight watched him, then nodded, obviously understanding. “Alright then. I’ll get her done.” He hummed a bit under his beard and examined the rest of the bar. “I can work with this. Do me a favor and order a round of drinks for the whole bar in Celebration of Quellion or something, okay?” With a wink and a jump, Twilight was off into the crowd.

Jack sourly reached into his pocket for his coinpouch and signaled one of the serving boys to come over. The lad trotted over dutifully, looking like he was supposed to appear interested, but not caring enough to make a full effort. “Yes suh?”

He tossed the boy the entire pouch, and indicated the room around him with his other arm. “I want to see everyone with a fresh drink in their palm in under five minutes alright? You and me included.”

The boy grinned than scampered back to the bar, to talk to the peasants behind the counter. They looked over at him, and Jack nodded in confirmation. Drinks began to pour, and cups were stacked on the bar.

“Oy!” The biggest man behind the counter waved for everyone’s attention. “Free round a drinks. One cup per person.”

Jack watched as the patrons, Silima included, began to rush over to the bar to grab their drinks. Twilight didn’t. Instead, he rather quickly snatched a chair from one table, and dragged it over to where Silima had been sitting. Silima’s chair was tossed into a corner, and Twilight returned to the table from where the original chair had been stolen.

Silima was one of the first to get her drinks, and she sat down in her new chair without noticing the switch. Jack raised an eyebrow at Twilight, who just winked in reply.

A Skaa, the biggest one in the bar, walked over to the Twilight’s table, two drink’s in his ponderous hands. He scowled down at his missing chair like it was a personal insult to him. He thunked the two mugs down on the table and looked at Twilight. “The rust is my chair?”

Twilight trembled and pointed to where Silima was sitting with her back to them. “She grabbed it as she walked by suh.”

Jack’s forehead hit the table as he realized what was about to happen. He stood up, and began to hurriedly make for the door. He wanted to be near an escape before what he knew was going to happen happened. Sure enough, once he turned around, the Skaa giant was swinging an entire table into Silima’s unprotected back. It shattered the chair Silima had been sitting it, and threw the woman across the room in the bargain. She squished wetly against the stone wall of the fireplace, and then Jack’s view was interrupted by Silima’s friends suddenly attacking the Skaa.

Within 5 seconds, the giant’s drinking buddies were attacking Silima’s friends, and the barkeepers were preparing to intervene.

“And there we go!” Twilight had somehow gotten next to him. “Silima is dead, the skaa who attacked him will be dead soon, so there will be absolutely no evidence of our intervention, as long as we get out of here right now. Thanks for the drink Jack! See you tomorrow night.” Twilight pushed open the door and stepped out into the misty night air.

Jack cursed, and followed him. He would not be going to a bar tomorrow night.

Doc hummed under his breath as he left the bar. Jack had seemed a little irritated at him, but it was understandable, considering they hadn’t found Rebekka yet. But they would. They would free the rest of the nobles soon enough.

He stopped humming and began to quietly sing under his breath. “My little noble. . . my little noble, a-a-a-ah, My little Noble!” He worked a skip into his walk, and the mist began to swirl almost playfully around him as he sang.

“I used to wonder what nobles could do. . .

Until you showed its magic to me!

Plots and scheming, lots of fun!

Trusted friends stand by your side,

Stabbing peasants, it’s an easy feat!

And a ball can make it all complete!

My little noble. . .

Do you know how can I clean off this blooooooood?”

Doc jumped and spun through the mist on the last line landing with his arms outstretched as if posing for an audience. To his surprise, there was an Audience. Three people he recognized from the inn. Skaa who had been fighting the Giant that had killed Silima.

They were glaring at him, and all held broken chunks of wood, that appeared to be from the tables and chairs in the inn.

He scrambled to his feet and smiled at them. “Ah, hello all. What brings you out here into the mists?”

Relyn, Renlin? Relin? Something like that, began to walk forward. “I saw what you did Mr Noble. You just murdered a friend of ours.”

Doc began raised his hands placatingly, “Now now, I didn’t do anything, I merely saw that a bar fight was underway and left the inn. I’m no noble.”

The Skaa with the burned face grinned at him. “ ‘My little noble, my little noble.’ I liked the song man. I don’t suppose you could scream it for us when we burn you?”

The woman put a hand on his Arm. “Lor, we’re not burning him, that’s unnecessarily cruel.”

“I’m out.” Doc spun on one heel and took off at a dead sprint. The mist breezed past him as he ran down the road. The three behind him yelled out and began to give chase, but they had been caught flat footed.

And then a Fourth man jumped out of an alley and tackled him as he ran past. Doc spun around, his forward momentum throwing him into a logroll down the street. He crashed into a half broken barrel and groaned quietly as all parts of his body began to register pain.

The men ran up to him, stopping all around him. Between pants, Relin gasped out “Thanks Stahl.”

“No Problemo. Can we kill him now?”

“Definitely.”

Doc raised his arms to cover his face, but was unable to cover his belly as well, and that was where the first blow hit, cracking his ribs and forcing the air from his lungs. His arms instinctively went to his burning chest, which left his face unprotected from the next blow.

Luckily, he wasn’t alive enough to feel it afterward.

Doctor12 has been lynched! They were a Regular Noble

Elbereth has been killed by Nobility! She was a Citizen Tineye!

Doctor wrote the song he sang in his death.

Vote Tally:

Ecthelion(1): Ripple

Aman(4): Orlok, Arraenae, Doc, Jondesu

Elbereth(1): Ecthelion

Doctor(5): Wonko, Elbereth, Nyali, Lopen, Alv

Elenion(1): Aman

Nyali(1): Sart

This cycle ends in

pin_1478386800.png

Player List:

1. Elenion :  Arboreon
  2. Bugsy6912 : Archibald
  3. Magestar : Magus Astrum
  4. Assassin in Burgundy :  Burkare
  5. Winter Devotion : Kae and Cleo
  6. Doctor12 : Doc  Regular Noble, Lynched cycle 1
  7. Eolhondras : Eoldren
  8. Amanuensis : First
  9. Ecthelion III : Luckless Gibbs
  10. Dankness Ascendant :  Scinoness Khaz
  11. RippleGlyf :  Aurore Lepinceau
  12. Alvron :  Lor
  13. Nathanvanduij : Nathan
  14. Daniyah : Svetao Ngao
  15. Nyali : Nia
  16. Jondesu : Quintus
  17. Wonko the Sane : Dr. Relin
  18. Arraenae : Richelle
  19. Sart : Sartiarty
  20. Elbereth : Silima Citizen Tineye Killed by nobles Cycle 1
  21. TheMightyLopen : Stahl
  22. I_am_a_Stick : Stick
  23. AliasSheep : STINK
  24. OrlokTsubodai : Locke Tekiel
Edited by A Joe in the Bush
Elbereth is Female.

Seriously, compared to my first game (MR17), that was a blink. I'm gonna have to check the threads more often so I don't lose track.

Nice to catch an Elim first round. Of course, the village got one first round in MR17 and we Elims pulled it off that game, but I can attest to how much scrambling was involved each time we lost someone. I imagine the Nobles are similarly reworking strategies (though sadly he was roleless, so we didn't deprive them of anyone useful).

I'm not clearing anyone in my mind who voted for Doc, but at the same time, it wasn't a runaway vote like we had with Bugsy in that game, so those who voted for him weren't just throwing him under the bus because everyone was gunning for him, so they're likely clear. I'm still a bit suspicious of Aman, and he didn't get taken out by the Nobles, which actually makes me more suspicious. Thus, I'll just start this off with a vote once again for Aman.

Jon, he was probably the one nobles were counting on to put in the kill. IIRC, you can only take one action per night. If that's right (someone check me on this), now the nobles will hypothetically have to not use allomancy as much. This is assuming, of course, that the nobles only had one regular. I'm not sure how likely that is

1 hour ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Various Citizenry and enslaved Nobility sat around him, drinking for their own reasons. Some were here to celebrate Quellion, others were here to mourn Gibbs or celebrate Doc.

Gibbs laughed quietly in the corner. They're mourning me already and I'm not even dead! It takes a special kind of bad Luck to pull that one off!

6 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Jon, he was probably the one nobles were counting on to put in the kill. IIRC, you can only take one action per night. If that's right (someone check me on this), now the nobles will hypothetically have to not use allomancy as much. This is assuming, of course, that the nobles only had one regular. I'm not sure how likely that is

Hmm, that's fair. Now they'll have to choose who doesn't use their allomancy so they can put in a kill.

Woo! Nice work. I'm gonna look over how that happened more closely, but I'm inclined to agree with Nyali that Jondesu seemed like he was trying to save Doc. He PM'd me and Wonko in a group PM to ask us to move our votes so there wouldn't be a tie(thankfully Alv fixed that problem, though I don't think Aman would have minded dying).

Wonko, I voted on Doc because he voted on Aman which made the votes tied between Doc and Aman, and I was suspicious of Doc whereas I wasn't suspicious of Aman.

Lopen, I'm going to trust you on that because it's unlikely you'd put yourself and a conspirator both in danger by lying about a group PM. Jondesu.

Also, Jon, I'd assume they didn't target Aman because they'd rather target an active and able player. Plus, Doc is paranoid of Elb, as mentioned earlier, and he was a noble, so he might have influenced that. As for your suspicion of Aman, I feel sort of like you're trying to find a target who's unlikely to fight back and indicate you.

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

It always surprises me how quick QFs r :/

anyway happy b-day @Nyali and at @Elenion

Thank you, although you are a day early. They burn the effigies in my honor tomorrow. :P

Now: game-wise. Rest in peace El; rest in pieces Doc.

So far, I've heard suspicions of Jondesu and Aman. I'm reading village on Aman right now because he thought I was an eliminator: I was much less aggressive than usual last cycle (my mistake; I thought you guys would enjoy a respite ;)), and I don't think an eliminator would have been scanning players for suspicions that closely, since they already would know all of the answers.

As for Jondesu, he's reading elim to me, particularly after playing last game with us both as elims (albeit I was a traitor, but...). In the Forsworn PMs he came off as extremely hesitant to make decisions without the approval of others, and I think that as the vote swung towards Doc he was asked by fellow elims to attempt to misdirect the lynch. However, I could see how a village!Jondesu would make those decisions, but I find it less likely than him being an elim.

So, without further ado, I'll pile on the bandwagon. Jondesu

1 hour ago, TheMightyLopen said:

He PM'd me and Wonko in a group PM to ask us to move our votes so there wouldn't be a tie(thankfully Alv fixed that problem, though I don't think Aman would have minded dying).

@Wonko the Sane Can you ease my paranoia and confirm Lopen's account?

RP may or may not be posted tonight, depending on my schedule.

1 hour ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Lopen, I'm going to trust you on that because it's unlikely you'd put yourself and a conspirator both in danger by lying about a group PM. Jondesu.

Also, Jon, I'd assume they didn't target Aman because they'd rather target an active and able player. Plus, Doc is paranoid of Elb, as mentioned earlier, and he was a noble, so he might have influenced that. As for your suspicion of Aman, I feel sort of like you're trying to find a target who's unlikely to fight back and indicate you.

You seemed to jump on Jondesu really fast Bugsy.

36 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Thank you, although you are a day early. They burn the effigies in my honor tomorrow. :P

Now: game-wise. Rest in peace El; rest in pieces Doc.

So far, I've heard suspicions of Jondesu and Aman. I'm reading village on Aman right now because he thought I was an eliminator: I was much less aggressive than usual last cycle (my mistake; I thought you guys would enjoy a respite ;)), and I don't think an eliminator would have been scanning players for suspicions that closely, since they already would know all of the answers.

As for Jondesu, he's reading elim to me, particularly after playing last game with us both as elims (albeit I was a traitor, but...). In the Forsworn PMs he came off as extremely hesitant to make decisions without the approval of others, and I think that as the vote swung towards Doc he was asked by fellow elims to attempt to misdirect the lynch. However, I could see how a village!Jondesu would make those decisions, but I find it less likely than him being an elim.

So, without further ado, I'll pile on the bandwagon. Jondesu

@Wonko the Sane Can you ease my paranoia and confirm Lopen's account?

RP may or may not be posted tonight, depending on my schedule.

Well, you're right that that is a bandwagon vote. I understand the evidence against Jondesu, but he hasn't even argued his innocence yet. I'm still a little suspicious of Jondesu myself, but the fact that he's accumulated so many votes so fast is concerning to me.

I'm gonna put a vote on Orlok for starting the Aman lynch. Aman was a easy target to get votes on, since he said he was fine with dying. So with Doc in trouble, I think it'd make a lot of sense for you to vote on Aman like that if you were an elim. There's also the fact that you didn't even mention Doctor in your post regarding the lynch. Doc was leading the votes 3 to the rest of the pack's 1. That will usually prompt some sort of opinion from players that close to the end of a Cycle.

I'm also looking at Arraenae for similar reasoning. She voted on Aman and didn't give an opinion on Doc. I'm not saying it's mandatory to give an opinion on every lynch target, but if you're going to try to get someone lynched over another player, I'd expect more reasoning for why your target is a better candidate for the lynch.

1 minute ago, TheMightyLopen said:

You seemed to jump on Jondesu really fast Bugsy.

Votes with intent to lynch are necessary for discussion early in the game. If we're suspicious of the people who let the vote piles reach the minimum requirement, it'll be that much more difficult to get the information we need. Plus, I'm more suspicious of him than I usually am of anyone this early in a game, so I'm happy to have him be the target we lynch for info. It will let us possibly catch an elim, too, rather than just killing indiscriminately to get info for analyzing

Some stuff happened, resulting in me having a moment to read over stuff and post (imagine this all in blue text, this phone I'm using is horrible).

Thank you Lopen for pointing out what I was about to already. Of course volunteering to get killed is going to discourage elims from attacking me. That's exactly why I asked. If they did then it would save someone more useful and if they didn't then it might set something up like this.

I am going to vote arraenae. I honestly would be okay with lynching both Orlok and her today because it saves us time. Either way one of them is likely evil. I doubt not a single elim got involved given the scenario (not including doc who could very well have been off).

IMO, Lopen and I are about as clear as it gets. Me because Doc tried to drag me down with him and Lopen for preventing it. Wonko might also be soft cleared too for no intervening, though I wouldn't go that far.

I'll post more when I'm sober

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

I'll post more when I'm sober

Suddenly, the credibility of Aman's previous words sharply decreased... :P

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

IMO, Lopen and I are about as clear as it gets. Me because Doc tried to drag me down with him and Lopen for preventing it. Wonko might also be soft cleared too for not intervening, though I wouldn't go that far.

I wouldn't go quite that far. We've seen players "as clear as it gets" before, but that is never guaranteed, like Lopen in the last MR. Still, all three of you have made your way a good distance onto the village side of my gut-read scale.