12 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

I'm still sticking with Assassin and Daniyah as the elims (for now at least).

I'm rather curious, why do you think I'm an Elim? Apart from that I show up as viewing the forum home page for too long. 

5 hours ago, Magestar said:

My suspicions are Assassin, Ecth, and Stick, in about that order, simply because everyone else is basicly cleared in my mind.  

Lol why :-P

I mean yeah, I would be suspicious of me too if I were any of you: the way I've been posting every two cycles (avoiding the inactivity filter maybe?)...not participating in lynches...voting once on Nathan and then taking the vote back, making no real difference to the game...voting for you last cycle but still not having any real effect on the lynch...avoiding your question about why i voted against you but then asking you to answer the same question...yup, seems kinda off to me xD  but I can verify the fact that I am just a villager 

But I still want to know why you're suspicious of me :P 

Also, the major reason for why I voted against you were your votes during the previous cycles; they mostly seemed to target the now-dead-villagers. Although, that could be just coincidences (you did kinda try to save Sheep last cycle), but eh, they might not :P  

Hm. I honestly didn't think I was suspicious until Lopen said that, but yeah, I can see it. let me see what I can do.

First, as a show of good faith, I will reveal that Rae also told me about her role, and I have shared it with no one.

Was the first vote on Doctor, stating he seemed off. Didn't think me or Ecth was suspicious. Later said he wanted to drop his vote on Doc, but that it would create a tie. Voted on Jondesu on C2, but said he was less sure about it. I suppose he meant he was more sure about the Doc lynch? Even though he wanted to remove his vote later? Me and Wonko were contacted by Jondesu on C1 when he asked us to remove our votes on Doc. Kept his vote on Jondesu, saying he thought it likely Jondesu was trying to save Doc based on posts/that PM. Seemed very confident Jondesu was a Noble, after saying earlier that he wasn't very sure about him. Jondesu tried to argue his case at the end of C2, but Wonko didn't back down. Stated suspicion of Ripple and Ecth on C3, then voted on Ripple. Said he wasn't very certain about either of them. Voted on Sheep for inactivity. Justifies his vote on Sheep. Asks Ecth to elaborate why he voted Mage on C5. Asks Ecth to elaborate on suspicion of Rae and Dani. Also states suspicon of Sart, but didn't vote on him. Voted on DA on C5 to avoid vote manipulation/tampering. 

Doc's response to my accusation legitimately swayed me. I felt much the same way he claimed to, outside my element with no rules to exploit. As you pointed out, much of what I said was based on analysis others had done. However, I felt it would look odd to start a lynch, then abandon it as it gained followers. As it turned out, I had been played; if others hadn't voted with me, I would absolutely have let him live. I've never been the best at withstanding manipulation -- see LG18, where I played the honorary skindancer. :P

My initial vote on Jondesu was mostly gut-based, the same as my vote on Doc. And when I said I was less sure, I meant that my gut reaction was less powerful. I did promise to go back and do analysis, though, and after I did, I became far more certain of his guilt. Where before, and with Doc, all I had was vague impressions, here I had legitimate suspicious behavior to point to.

Ripple was complete luck for me. Of the three, I was least suspicious of her. But she seemed to be the best option that cycle, so I went for it. I got lucky, where I didn't expect to.

Sheep on the other hand I genuinely *was* suspicious of. I still have no idea what he thought he was doing, and still very much want to ask him when the game is over. I was wrong, but can you honestly blame me? How often do you see a poke vote go ignored by a player who is consistently checking in?

I didn't vote for Sart because I wasn't actually suspicious of him. He was just my best guess, and I thought that, in the absence of real suspicions, it would be worthwhile to add that to the discussion.

As for my recent drop in activity, I've been busy. It's that simple. I wasn't in Discord the last several days either. I'll do my best to make more time going forward. (I want to put that in blue text, but you're not supposed to use blue text to rebuff suspicions, right? I dunno.)

I'm not sure what more I can do to convince you. I participated in three Elim lynches -- including one that I catalyzed myself. It cut against the flow to try and sway the vote off you and Ecth, and in all probability, if I had said nothing, Ecth would be dead now. Further, the Elims were so threatened by that vote that they risked and lost Jondesu in an attempt to prevent it.

I can see what you're thinking -- all this is stuff an Elim would never do, so maybe it makes sense for an Elim to do it for the trust. To be honest, I'm not sure I would be brave enough to do that, but I can see how it might be effective. But isn't it also possible that I'm behaving non-Elim like because I'm not an Elim?

I want to vote on Mage, as your arguments ring true with me, but I'm not sure how you're going to take it. Ah, well. Magestar. Hopefully if he's an Elim, it will help to gain your trust.

1 hour ago, Wonko the Sane said:

I want to vote on Mage, as your arguments ring true with me, but I'm not sure how you're going to take it. Ah, well. Magestar. Hopefully if he's an Elim, it will help to gain your trust.

Would you mind telling me if my arguments did anything to sway you?  I tried to prove I'm innocent, but I don't think it's being very effective.

What else can I do to try and prove my innocence?  What have I done to make myself seem guilty?  Have I not defended myself effectively?

Voting for Assassin. Hope that this is a good decision purely based on gut instinct.

EDIT:  Excuse me  i phrased my vote poorly. I know that many people are suspicious and that's why i'm voting for him not just gut instinct. If i am wrong i am sorry Assassin and i hope i'm not being manipulated.

Edited by Nathanvanduij

12 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Darn it. I was so close to asking Rae to protect herself. I just didn't think the elims knew about her being a Thug. Me and Alv were the only ones who knew about her I believe, and I don't think Alv would tell anyone and I know I haven't. I guess they just got lucky. <_<

So, we've got 8 players left. Assuming none of the inactives were eliminators, that would mean there's likely 2 eliminators left. So we need to get this lynch right, especially if the eliminators have a Soother/Rioter(vote manipulation/Coinshot redirect). I'm gonna try to summarize what each player left has done and how they've interacted with players that could tell us about their alignment.

1. Lopen. I think I'll just pass on reviewing my own posts, as I might be a tiny bit biased. :P
2. Daniyah - Said she'd voice her thoughts this game, which was immediately followed up by Jondesu(Noble) saying basically the same thing. Said she had a bad feeling about Doc. Voted on Jondesu after Wonko answered her question about Jondesu's timing with the PM to me and Wonko. Voted on Nathan for inactivity filter dodge on C2. Removed after he explained. Talks to Ecth about online times and such. Voted on DA.
3. Wonko - Was the first vote on Doctor, stating he seemed off. Didn't think me or Ecth was suspicious. Later said he wanted to drop his vote on Doc, but that it would create a tie. Voted on Jondesu on C2, but said he was less sure about it. I suppose he meant he was more sure about the Doc lynch? Even though he wanted to remove his vote later? Me and Wonko were contacted by Jondesu on C1 when he asked us to remove our votes on Doc. Kept his vote on Jondesu, saying he thought it likely Jondesu was trying to save Doc based on posts/that PM. Seemed very confident Jondesu was a Noble, after saying earlier that he wasn't very sure about him. Jondesu tried to argue his case at the end of C2, but Wonko didn't back down. Stated suspicion of Ripple and Ecth on C3, then voted on Ripple. Said he wasn't very certain about either of them. Voted on Sheep for inactivity. Justifies his vote on Sheep. Asks Ecth to elaborate why he voted Mage on C5. Asks Ecth to elaborate on suspicion of Rae and Dani. Also states suspicon of Sart, but didn't vote on him. Voted on DA on C5 to avoid vote manipulation/tampering. 
4. Ecthelion - Ripple(Noble) voted on Ecthelion with her first post. Distancing? Or was she genuinely trying to lynch Ecth? I'm leaning towards actually trying to lynch. Doctor(Noble) also called Ecth out as being different than usual. I don't think 2 elims would bus a teammate so early. Jondesu also commented about Ecth during the first Cycle, saying he seemed lynch happy. Based on these interactions alone, I'd be inclined to think Ecth is a Citizen. If Sart was a Noble, he defended Ecth to a certain extent, but I'd say it looks more like a buddying up post than a defend a teammate post. That's only if Sart was a Noble though. I just don't feel that the Nobles would have said as much about Ecth if he was one of them. Said Rae and Jondesu were prime targets for the lynch, but voted on Rae. If Sart was a Noble, Ecth is basically cleared, as Sart asked a Coinshot to kill him on C2. I guess that's a moot point though. Voted Rae on C3. Votes on Mage on C5. Says Dani and Rae are suspicious for stuff. Voted on Assassin on C5.
5. Magestar - First post of note was him defending Jondesu, stating that it was a massive bandwagon and he didn't like it. Also said he thought Doc might have contacted Jondesu telling him that El was either a ruthless villager or an eliminator, but there's really no reason for him to think Jondesu was the other villager. I don't think Jondesu ever responded and said whether Doc contacted him or not, which is kind of interesting. His reads on that post were that Orlok(village), Aman(village), Elenion(village), and maybe Ripple(Noble) or Wonko(???) were suspicious. But then poke voted Alvron(village). Stated suspicion of Rae, Orlok, and Ecth(< all villagers) at the end of C2 and didn't like the Jondesu lynch. Voted on Len on C3 and said Rae was suspicious too. Again, both were villagers. Voted on Rae when Ripple was tied for the lynch with Rae. Said he couldn't tell about Ripple and didn't seem to think the evidence was condemning enough to lynch her. Said a coinshot could kill Nathan for the filter block post, because it looked really bad. Removed vote on Rae, stating her post persuaded him to not lynch her at least. Also said Nathan cleared up his suspicion of him. Voted on Len on C4, saying he wasn't too suspicious of Sheep. Classic "vote on a villager and defend a different villager" tactic? Wait, that's probably not an actual classic tactic. :P Defended Sheep again, saying Len was a better lynch. I feel like he was defending Sheep a little too strongly. Could be he already knew Sheep was a villager. Changed vote to Sheep just because. Then removed it, saying he was worried about him being a Jester. Says "also" a lot(not that that means anything :P). Votes on DA, but says Sart is the second best option. Says me, Rae, and Wonko are basically cleared. Not sure about Stick. Thinks Ecth is a Jester. No opinion on Assassin really. Asks Stick and me why we think he's suspicious. Said he thought it was pretty likely that DA was a Noble, and that if Sheep had survived another Cycle, he would have been fine with lynching him.
6. Stick - Said she was not suspicious of anyone during C1, even though there was some interesting stuff going on. Also said it'd be nice to lynch 2 or more elims on the first Cycle, which is kind of odd. Posted a percentage list of each player on C3 and voted on Nathan. Could have been a defense of Ripple, considering she was up for the lynch. Removed her vote from Nathan. Voted on Mage on C5, and says she's suspicious of Nathan.
7. Assassin - Asked about average amount of elims during C1. Amazed at quickness of QF's. XD Said he didn't think Ecth was a Noble. Asked who was the one hesitantly defending Jondesu(it was Ripple, but he thought it was Rae). I answered him directly after that, but he never responded. Voted on Sheep.
8. Nathan - First post was at the end of C2, just saving his life. Said Bugsy told him to post to avoid the inactivity filter. Asked for game advice in thread, to which Wonko replied, then Nathan followed his reasons and voted on Sheep. If Wonko is an eliminator like I think he is, this makes me lean village on Nathan.

Okay, well, I know I didn't do nearly as much in depth analysis of everyone's posts as I did for Mage and Wonko, but that's because I think they're elims and I feel there's enough evidence for Ecth and Dani's innocence that I don't need to go into much detail. As for Assassin and Nathan, they don't have much to analyze. Stick, well, I'm just not sure. If Mage is a Noble like I think, I don't think she'd vote on him on C5 if she were a Noble as well. So I guess I think she's a villager.

Oh, forgot to say, Dani told me that Wonko said he wanted to remove his vote on Doc, but thought it would be too suspicions. I realize Wonko helped lynch 3 Nobles. But the way he did it looks like bussing to me, with him being hesitant and trying to find ways to get the lynch off of them but not finding any un-suspicious way to do so. He then lynched Sheep for inactivity and didn't post very much last Cycle or this one yet.

Anyways, after all of that, I'm even more suspicious of Magestar. Speak of the devil, haha. Ninja'd. XD

You're still trying too hard to sound village, Lopen :lol:

25 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

@Wonko the Sane A vote for Asasssin is a vote for lynch stability.

I think you had a typo there. It's supposed to say "A vote for Assassin is a vote for lynching a villager and helping the Elims." You might want to change that. 

Unless your purpose is to help the Elims. In that case, Ecth.

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

6 hours ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Lol why :-P

I mean yeah, I would be suspicious of me too if I were any of you: the way I've been posting every two cycles (avoiding the inactivity filter maybe?)...not participating in lynches...voting once on Nathan and then taking the vote back, making no real difference to the game...voting for you last cycle but still not having any real effect on the lynch...avoiding your question about why i voted against you but then asking you to answer the same question...yup, seems kinda off to me xD  but I can verify the fact that I am just a villager 

But I still want to know why you're suspicious of me :P 

Also, the major reason for why I voted against you were your votes during the previous cycles; they mostly seemed to target the now-dead-villagers. Although, that could be just coincidences (you did kinda try to save Sheep last cycle), but eh, they might not :P  

So are you going to vote this Cycle?

2 hours ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Hm. I honestly didn't think I was suspicious until Lopen said that, but yeah, I can see it. let me see what I can do.

First, as a show of good faith, I will reveal that Rae also told me about her role, and I have shared it with no one.

Doc's response to my accusation legitimately swayed me. I felt much the same way he claimed to, outside my element with no rules to exploit. As you pointed out, much of what I said was based on analysis others had done. However, I felt it would look odd to start a lynch, then abandon it as it gained followers. As it turned out, I had been played; if others hadn't voted with me, I would absolutely have let him live. I've never been the best at withstanding manipulation -- see LG18, where I played the honorary skindancer. :P

My initial vote on Jondesu was mostly gut-based, the same as my vote on Doc. And when I said I was less sure, I meant that my gut reaction was less powerful. I did promise to go back and do analysis, though, and after I did, I became far more certain of his guilt. Where before, and with Doc, all I had was vague impressions, here I had legitimate suspicious behavior to point to.

Ripple was complete luck for me. Of the three, I was least suspicious of her. But she seemed to be the best option that cycle, so I went for it. I got lucky, where I didn't expect to.

Sheep on the other hand I genuinely *was* suspicious of. I still have no idea what he thought he was doing, and still very much want to ask him when the game is over. I was wrong, but can you honestly blame me? How often do you see a poke vote go ignored by a player who is consistently checking in?

I didn't vote for Sart because I wasn't actually suspicious of him. He was just my best guess, and I thought that, in the absence of real suspicions, it would be worthwhile to add that to the discussion.

As for my recent drop in activity, I've been busy. It's that simple. I wasn't in Discord the last several days either. I'll do my best to make more time going forward. (I want to put that in blue text, but you're not supposed to use blue text to rebuff suspicions, right? I dunno.)

I'm not sure what more I can do to convince you. I participated in three Elim lynches -- including one that I catalyzed myself. It cut against the flow to try and sway the vote off you and Ecth, and in all probability, if I had said nothing, Ecth would be dead now. Further, the Elims were so threatened by that vote that they risked and lost Jondesu in an attempt to prevent it.

I can see what you're thinking -- all this is stuff an Elim would never do, so maybe it makes sense for an Elim to do it for the trust. To be honest, I'm not sure I would be brave enough to do that, but I can see how it might be effective. But isn't it also possible that I'm behaving non-Elim like because I'm not an Elim?

Darn. I knew Rae had claimed to you. :P

I don't really have time to respond to your response, but I guess I am less suspicious of you now. It kinda just feels like I'm being paranoid. I'm just surprised that the elims would kill Rae over me or you, when they supposedly didn't know about her.

Mage, sorry, but I just can't shake the feeling that you're a Noble. One thing I forgot to emphasize on was the fact that you said you were slightly suspicious of Ripple early on, but then when the lynch moved to her the Cycle after you said that, you said you didn't think it was justified and tried to lynch different players. I could be wrong about you. There's just not really a better target. I can't tell about Assassin. I think it's possible he's a Noble, but it's hard to tell.

Does anyone else have opinions on Assassin and Mage?

1 minute ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Does anyone else have opinions on Assassin and Mage?

Yeah, I have an opinion on @Assassin in Burgundy I think what's going on is that since he doesn't pay a ton of attention to SE in general, he never really analyzes things in great detail. As a result, things he says are mostly just gut feelings backed by a bit of evidence, but not as much as someone else would put in. This may explain people's concerns. 

Cycle 7: give him a hand folks!

Lord Magus Astrum, former house lord of the Noble House Astrum, now outlaw and murderer, sat at a table with two former allies, whom who hoped to save.

“Doctor Relin, always a pleasure. Lady Beldre, it has been too long.”

The two nobles exchanged glances with each other, but remained silent. It had taken a lot of work on Jack’s part to convince the three of them too meet. None of the three were quite certain what the other’s goals were, but all were at least half blooded allomancers.

“Renlin, are you smoking us right now?” Astrum asked.

Renlin squinted at him. “I’m not. As far as I can think, neither a coinshot, nor a rioter have a need to be burning at a civil discussion.”

Beldre nudged him. “He’s a rioter Doctor, if you burn he can’t affect us.”

Astrum nodded. “I just wished to establish some trust sir, that I’m not manipulating either of you.”

“What do you even want Astrum?”

“Unity, and a return to the old ways Doctor.”

Beldre shivered, and Renlin crossed his arms. “Unity? Among whom? The city? The nobility? Us?”

Astrum nodded at the last bit. “I want your help. Jack, Tohmas, Luther, you, and a dozen others still have family held hostage by Quellion. A few of us managed to find and free ours less than a week ago, which lead to the current Hazehunt happening now. I want to free the others as well.”

“And what would happen to my brother in that case?” Beldre asked.

“Truthfully, I’d prefer he died for imprisoning my family, and so many of my friends, and betraying us all to the Skaa.” He raised his hands to forestall the obvious objections. “But I’m a practical man. I will happily take my family and friends and leave the city. The Nobility is too weak to take the city back now. Which is why I want your help Beldre. Convince your brother to release us, and we’ll leave him in peace to rule his city.”

Beldre looked away from the both, her hands fidgeting under her cloak. Renlin’s face was a mask of no emotion. The training of the nobility ran deep. He breathed in, then exhaled and shook his head. “Believe it or not Astrum, I’m happy with the way things are. I work for Quellion, not because I am blackmailed, but because I never believed all the talk that we were better than the Skaa in the first place. The other’s agree with me.”

Astrum gripped a dagger under the table. “Jack doesn’t. Luther doesn’t. Beldre—”

“Won’t help you.” Beldre stood up. “If you had made this offer at the beginning of the week, rather than killing Stink and Silima, I would have said yes. But not anymore.”

Time for plan B then. Astrum wasted no more time on words. He jerked upright, and slammed his dagger downward. He felt Beldre began to push on it, but it was too little, too late. It slammed into Relin unprotected chest, killing the Smoker in a heartbeat. As soon as the smoking was gone, Astrum burned Zinc.

He grabbed on to Beldre’s emotions, flaring Fear and panic and grief as far as they could go. She screamed in sudden impossible terror, and jumped backwards, out of range of him. Astrum put one foot on the table, and lunged forward, trying to drive her against the wall.

Instead, she flung her hand out, and a wave of small peks flew outward, going right through him in dozens of places. He grunted as he fell to the floor. In her terror, Beldre continued to throw every bit of metal she had on her into his body.

When it came down to Fight or flight, apparently, She had chosen Fight.

Assassin in Burgundy was Lynched! He was a Regular Citizen!

Wonko the Sane was killed by the Nobility! He was a Citizen Smoker!

Magestar was killed by a coinshot! He was a Noble Rioter!

Vote Tally:

Assassin(3): Magestar, Nathan, Lopen

Magestar(1): Wonko

Ecthelion(1): Assassin

pin_1478826000.png

Player list:

Elenion :  Arboreon Citizen Smoker Killed by Coinshot C4
Bugsy6912 : Archibald Regular Citizen killed by coinshot, C2

Magestar : Magus Astrum Noble Rioter killed by Coinshot C6

Assassin in Burgundy :  Burkare Lynched C6 Regular Citizen

Winter Devotion : Kae and Cleo Inactive Died of inactivity, C2

Doctor12 : Doc Noble Regular Lynched C1

Eolhondras : Eoldren Inactive Died of inactivity, C2

Amanuensis : First Inactive Died of inactivity, C2
Ecthelion III : Luckless Gibbs Still alive!

Dankness Ascendant :  Scinoness Khaz Lynched C5 Regular Citizen

RippleGlyf :  Aurore Lepinceau Noble Seeker Lynched C3

Alvron :  Lor Regular Citizen Killed by Nobility C4

Nathanvanduij : Nathan Still alive!

Daniyah : Svetao Ngao Still alive!

Nyali : Nia Regular Citizen killed by the Nobility C2

Jondesu : Quintus Noble Lurcher Lynched C2

Wonko the Sane : Dr. Relin Citizen Smoker killed by the Nobility C6

Arraenae : Richelle Citizen Thug Killed by Nobility C5

Sart : Sartiarty Inactive Died of inactivity, C6

Elbereth : Silima Citizen Tineye Killed by Nobility C1

TheMightyLopen : Stahl Still alive!

I_am_a_Stick : Stick Still alive!

AliasSheep : STINK Citizen Tineye Lynched C4

OrlokTsubodai : Locke Tekiel Regular Citizen killed by Coinshot C3

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

So, down to business. Daniyah, are you the REAL coinshot?

Gibbs almost laughed at the circumstances. One of the last five? How preposterous! Unsurprisingly, he dropped his briefcase immediately after thinking this.

"I've never seen you without that briefcase," a villager asked. "Are you ever without it? Do you take it with you in the shower, too? Hah!"

Gibbs preferred not to answer that last question.

Edited by Ecthelion III