Geniuses Wanted- Well Read Sanderfans -with restrictions

1stBondsmith

On Taldain, Kenton does indeed find Khriss, but not until she has gained the attention and Hatred of the Ruler who employed Baon (his name escapes me). Baon, remaining loyal to his master is charged with watching, and eventually killing her. Since the two are exclusive, he uses the out of following the first to not kill her. She discovers that the ruler is very Cosmere aware, and controls access to Taldain's Perpendicular. Kenyon (guided by a more intrusive Hoid) and Khriss meet at an opportune time for her rescue, but in the battle that ensues, Hoid ticks off Baon, as he helped Khriss take strong advantage of the ruler's magical Achilles Heel. Baon, and Khriss all flee through the perpendicular to the Cognitive Realm on Hoid's heels.  Kriss, ever the scientist, seeks to learn all she can with boldness. Baon, ever seeking to keep his word, searches for Hoid and eventually joins the 17th Shard. Kenton,meantime, has remained behind to stop the ruler and the Kertian revolution, and in doing so, has a magic battle that draws power from the perpendicularity that Autonomy left. the pool is effectively destroyed and Khriss and Baon cannot return to Taldain. Kenton, full of power and attitude goes back to Dayside to deal with the Kertians.

I predict that as punishment for killing Sadeas, Adolin will be banished. He will go to shinovar because a.) he feels bad that everyone's a proto radiant but him and wants an honorblade, and b.) so Brandon can make us more informed about the heralds and all that jazz. 

The third Elantris novel will follow the child that Serene is pregnant with in The Hope of Elantris. This child will have learned about Aons and the Dor from Raoden and about the Dakhor Magic from Kiin's children. This child will learn about the splintering of Devotion and Dominion and become Cosmere aware. 

Szeth will follow Nale and obey his orders. Szeth will slowly come to question if what Nale is doing is right. Despttte the fact that Szeth cannot breath in Stormlight, he will draw Nightblood to kill Nale perminantly, dying himself in the process. Many of the Heralds will commit suicide with Nightblood at the end of book 5. 

Adolin will be exiled, and forced to live as a farm laborer, or transient worker. Some wealthy landowner who has been taking advantage of his poor workers, will also try to take advantage of Adolin. Adolin will be severely outnumbered, beat them handily, and become a Robin Hood type character. He may also meet Lift in his adventures or the untainted remnants of the Parshendi. 

He will not become a Dustbringer until either book 5 or later in book 9 or 10. He is really going to have to work for it.

22 hours ago, ZenBossanova said:

Adolin will be exiled, and forced to live as a farm laborer, or transient worker. Some wealthy landowner who has been taking advantage of his poor workers, will also try to take advantage of Adolin. Adolin will be severely outnumbered, beat them handily, and become a Robin Hood type character. He may also meet Lift in his adventures or the untainted remnants of the Parshendi. 

He will not become a Dustbringer until either book 5 or later in book 9 or 10. He is really going to have to work for it.

:lol::lol::lol: 

I'd pay to read this. Though Dustbringer... So 2015 :ph34r: Just kidding BTW. I once had a potential story arc which involved Adolin being picked up by the untainted Parshendis. I also had one where Adolin in exile ends up being picked up by Lift in Azir and turns into Robin Hood.

I believe that the Ones Above from Sixth of the Dusk will turn out to be Elantrians, more specifically the IRE from Secret History. The lack of Aons in their technology is to not give away their identity instantly, and to show that they've progressed to the point that they can draw them on a microscopic level.

This is based entirely on the Ones Above's apparent determination to get the magical birds from First of the Sun, a magic system not controlled/derived from any Shard. I suspect this is so they can make another attempt at stealing a Shard from another planet, especially if they actually know about the Atium-like predictions that the birds on Patji produce.

6 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

The cosmere is in the universe. The Cosmere is a dwarf galaxy.

In another part of the universe there is the Milky Way. In there is Earth.

Earth isn't cosmere, but cosmere is in the universe and the earth is universe.

SO THEREFORE RECKONERS IS COSMERE.

Also @Rawrbert, that's a brilliant idea. I hope that's how it turns out.

Edited by bleeder

On 8 November 2016 at 10:35 PM, bleeder said:

SO THEREFORE RECKONERS IS COSMERE.

Also @Rawrbert, that's a brilliant idea. I hope that's how it turns out.

Correction, reckoners is multiverse, cosmeceuticals is reckoners as r Alcatraz, Legion, Firstborn, Infinity Blade and every other book in the history of mankind. The Apocalypse Gaurd just haven't found them yet

PLEASE, All My Friends, this threads integrity depends on NOT responding to previous posts (Please see original thread rules). I realize that you may have only read the last few posts, but we need to have no comments on other posts to give posters the confidence to post plot ideas without fear of critique. That is the goal of this thread.

Don't make me bring out the Blackthorn!!!

Thank you.

I predict that 1stBondsmith will bring out the Blackthorn at some point in this thread's life :-P

More seriously though, I suspect that the reason Dalinar struggles to fight (i.e. the sudden loss of the Thrill) is related to his boon/curse from the Nightwatcher.  Perhaps he desired to forget the woman he loved (boon), but also lost the ability to love that which made him famous (ability to fight in combat).

Mistborn; 1980's tech; instead of drug lords and gang warfare being the news topics of the day, territorial bands of Allomancers, now bred with Ferruchemists, present an all out collision of powers. Skirmishes, not unlike the Avengers (or more correctly, like Epics in Newcago), lay waste to heavily populated areas, driving most residents from Elendel to other areas. The Southern peoples, revering, but having learned to mistrust Allomancers, keep a firm border with the infighting Northerners. But, because this is Brandon's story, the powers they have coveted come within their grasp, thanks to Trell's minions. Giddy with the new power, the Set feeds the Hunters more capabilities till an all out war ensues. Now, more than ever, the use of unlocked metalminds and stores of power are needed, and commercial industries are established to mine attributes from hordes of people, usable by individuals of incredible power. The Thin Blue Line must decide to use the confiscated powers to counter the warlords, or wait to be overwhelmed by them. The moral dilemma creates factions within the police characters, with one party winning out as the last hero of the civilized people.

Edited by 1stBondsmith
Grammar

Mistborn: Secret History Spoilers

in Mistborn Era 4, Hoid is mentioned to be a protagonist or a main character. My wild prediction is that good ole Kell will be working against him. Kell is probably now immortal, and they hate each other, so it just works.

Also, Spook is Kell's sidekick.

Long term prediction...

Hoid, known intimately by all the original Shardholders, had a more active role than we think in the Shattering of Adonalsium. His original involvement was to join them and become one of the shards to bring more power into the Cosmere, and to create new and better worlds than the dying Yolen they inhabited. But his friendship for Adonalsium and his blind trust in what was viewed by the others as too restrained an influence on the people of the Cosmere, caused him to back out of the actual deed of simultaneously spiking Adonalsium. He swore that he would not interfere, but would not do the deed himself. He did however, use his skills as a "Liar" to weave a scene of life outside of Yolen, and existing through the experience's of all his creations (see Ym's religious explanation) to his all-powerful friend. Adonalsium, knowing full well what was going on around him, allowed Himself to drift into the story, becoming vulnerable to the other 16, and was spiked by blades. These 16, with their blades (that will become important at the end of Dragonsteel) became Shards, while Hoid's body was destroyed in the release of power and the storm of Investiture as the 16 Ascended. He did not move on to the Beyond, like Kelsier, but remained cognitive until he found help gaining enough power to slip into the Physical realm along one of the 16 perpendicularities left by the Shards. 

Hoid now sees the havoc wrought by an unbalanced power let loose, and seeing the special characteristics of his friend separated and the Intents becoming radicalized, seeks to reunite them, even if only a small bit of each, to restore a little of the divine that was his friend.

At the end of the first book of the Space Opera Mistborn Series Preservation will be splintered. This allows Odium/the hidden big bad (HBB) that comes after Odium to go to Scadrial and take control. Somehow Odium/HBB blocks access to the metallic arts leaving only previously stored Feruchemical attributes usable. This leads to the breakdown of the advanced society that had relied on the metallic arts for all aspects of life. Amidst this quickly degrading world Hoid gathers all the world hoppers who got trapped on Scadrial to find a way to fight off Odium/HBB and regain access to the investiture. 

Another major problem which will be part of the novels is with the spaceships who suddenly lose propulsion because of the lack of investiture access for unknown reasons. One such ship will be deep in unexplored territory and unexpectedly come across an inhabited planet. I.e the rediscovery of Yolen.

I have very little time to write...A carrier has been spotted near my home, and we are going to meet the Thunderclast before it gets here. The amount of damage caused bringing one down is well beyond my insurance to cover. I have summoned the Windrunner and the Dustbringer, as the Edgedancers will be of little use in the rain.

Some words of warning for Oathbringer...

Beware written words; some foreshadow, some distort, and some intentionally mislead. Letters in particular.

As Dalinar consolidates the Radiants, his control over House Kholin dwindles. He prematurely abdicates to Adolin, even though his house is under great suspicion at Sadaes's death. Highprince Adolin ends up at odds of purpose with his Bondsmith father, and the good of the whole world, vs. the good of the House are brought to a stark arguing point. This is interrupted by the destruction of Kholinar as the Everstorm sweeps it and it is left a tattered country. Adonlin wants to bring the surviving people to Urithiru, but Dalinar insists that this must be politically neutral territory to make the Orders and Kingdoms trust each other. Adolin angrily stays in Kholinar to help his people and the King returns there as well, guided by a Lopen, now promoted to Captain.  

Book 5 will end with Odium being splintered... And madder than ever before. And if he is going to die, he is certainly planning on taking Roshar with him. 

And/or Book 10 will end with the man called Taln taking the shards of Honor & Odium and making a new composite shard. He may help out Harmony.