Glyphs for Profiles

Awesomeness Summoned

Making the soulstamps stylized is difficult because of how intricate the designs already are. I decided to try and give it the indented, smokey look described when one is used on a person. This is what I came up with.

soulstamp_background.jpg

It looks alright in a large background image, but lost some of the effect when shrunk to profile icon size. It doesn't look too bad though:

soulstamp_icon.jpg

As always though, just the simple design looks the best:

soulstamp_simple.png

Edited by aWESomeness summoned

It's looking like there really isn't a way to make a cat with a spike through one of their eyes not look freaky awesome.

catquisitor_3.jpg

Even if the cat you start with is adorable.

catquisitor_2.jpg

Edit: I also feel very sadistic after doing it, even though I'm not actually sticking a spike through their eye.

I've been playing around with ideas for warbreaker since there aren't really any symbols i can think of to pull from it for an icon. Breath is the central magic so this was the best idea I could come up with. Thoughts?

breath_female.png           breath_male.png            breath_bird.png

Edit: A little manipulation of a picture I found online that fit the idea well

breath_dark.jpg

BTW if you use polar coordinates (polar to rectangular; as I remebmer, Ps has it, but I don't remember the filter's exact name) on void glyphs, they get interestingly similar (in feel and look, I'm not sure if in exact patterns) to surge icons:

post-527-0-12390000-1391966583_thumb.jpgpost-527-0-91020500-1391966589_thumb.jpgpost-527-0-86998500-1391966597_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eri

it looks like

I've been playing around with ideas for warbreaker since there aren't really any symbols i can think of to pull from it for an icon. Breath is the central magic so this was the best idea I could come up with. Thoughts?

I can't find any good silhouettes(sp?), but for the Breath I imagine it more like that:

post-527-0-21603700-1391970428_thumb.png

More iridescent than actually colored. What do you think?

Edited by Eri

it looks like

I can't find any good silhouettes(sp?), but for the Breath I imagine it more like that:

attachicon.gifbreath.png

More iridescent than actually colored. What do you think?

I like the iridescent look and I was going for something similar to that at first. The problem is when you start shrinking it down to around 150x150 like the profile icons are you can't really see the colors and it just looks like someone smoking. I had to use more bold colors and designs to make it obvious what you are seeing in the profile picture.

I like the iridescent look and I was going for something similar to that at first. The problem is when you start shrinking it down to around 150x150 like the profile icons are you can't really see the colors and it just looks like someone smoking. I had to use more bold colors and designs to make it obvious what you are seeing in the profile picture.

True, mine does look bad in 150 px. I tried to fine some compromise between it and the ones you did: post-527-0-65950300-1392050258_thumb.png

I think it looks ok at both big and small resolution and more or less fits the description in Warbreaker. Or at least how I imagine it.

Kurkistan: Sorry, I hate that cover ;-)

Edit: Also: post-527-0-69914800-1392053495_thumb.png post-527-0-13235800-1392053510_thumb.png (150px, 2 versions) (src https://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilt:Katana-Dresden.jpg)

What do you think?

Edited by Eri

I spoke with Isaac Stewart (he did the art for the glyphs) and while he couldn't get me the vector art thanks to copyright, he did offer to give me this splendid high-resolution version of the Voidbinding Order 8. Huge props to Isaac! Maybe someone else can use it! I'm going to look into altering it if no one else does.

post-2328-0-37026300-1392089822_thumb.jp

Edited by Moogle

I got really frustrated with the warbreaker designs the other day and gave up for a while. Got my second wind and tried for a few more designs. I'll admit, many of these were just slapping together random pictures I found on google and adding some color effects but eh, they are just avatars.

The first ones are similar designs to what I had before but with a new approach to the smoke:

breath_dark_new_female.jpg breath_dark_new_male.jpg

These ones are actually just pictures I found and added the color effect:

breath_dark_new_up_2.jpg breath_dark_new_up.jpg

These were a completely different approach to the idea swimmingly gave:

warbreaker_warrior_male.jpg warbreaker_warrior_desert.jpg warbreaker_warrior_female.jpg warbreaker_warrior_knight.jpg

Any who... do these look any better than what I had before?

Btw, Eri, I really like the smoking sward design. I thought of doing something like that but think yours turned out better than I would have gotten it to look so didn't try it. Not sure I'm a fan of the text being on there, though, since it's hard to read when small and it covers up some of the cool design.