Glyphs for Profiles

Awesomeness Summoned

I've been admiring these images around the site, but I didn't realize they were all so new. Incredible job!

I particularly like the burnt wood Bridge 4 glyph.

As far as the warbreaker ones go, I think these top two are your best so far. The color blend is nice, but I also like that it looks like a small breath, rather than yelling or singing in some of the others. 

In general I like the breath ones better than the glowing aura, just because that is closer to the way most Awakeners use magic, but those glowy-feet ones totally work for the over-powered characters like Susebron, Vasher, etc. 

breath_dark_new_female.jpg  breath_dark_new_up.jpg

These were a completely different approach to the idea swimmingly gave:

warbreaker_warrior_male.jpg warbreaker_warrior_desert.jpg

Edited by ccstat

I did the vector tracing for a couple of the chapter heading glyphs that were probably long overdue. The pictures are direct links to the high resolution png's and the hyperlink titles go to the svg vector files.

Ten Spears Glyph:

Used for interlude chapters other than Szeth pov's.

rsz_ten_spears.png

Kholin Crest:

Used for Dalinar & Adolin's pov chapters.

rsz_kholin_crest.png

I also made the individual glyphs that are used on the Kholin crest.

Linil:                               Khokh:

rsz_linil.png   rsz_khokh.png

Edited by awesomeness summoned

I had been holding off on those two because I hadn't yet gotten official confirmation which was which. I don't know if the glyphs on Kaladin's brands would be read left to right or vice versa so their names could be switched. Guess it's a simple fix if I'm wrong so went ahead and uploaded those svg's onto the wikia.

I noticed the Alethi alphabet in there were still png as well. I can make paths and svg's for those in no time if you'd like.

I think we were going to hold out on the Alethi until we had a more concrete set of examples? but I haven't been keeping up so if everyone agrees that they are the correct set, then feel free :) Thank you again for your effort.

I will ask Peter about the glyph order....maybe

Well, as I said, it only took like ten minutes to convert those so not a big deal. If you want them for the wiki, a zip file with the full set of svg's is HERE. If not, no worries.

Wow, thank you!

Any font makers on the forum? It would be great to have a font from those svgs.

Last two chapter heading glyphs are finished. Shallan's glyph is a little sketchy. The original had a lot of detail and shading so difficult to turn into a vector. Again, the pictures link to the png and the hyperlink links to the svg.

Kaladin's Chapters:                    Shallan's Chapters:

rsz_kaladins_chapters.png   rsz_shallans_chapters.png

Thanks for getting that information. I switched the file names but for some reason I can't get the images swapped on the coppermind. I can't delete the old files and it doesn't like that i'm uploading a file that exists in an entry already. Could you make the swap for me? I'll add the links to the corrected svg files here: Sas and Nahn

Edit: Nevermind. Got it worked out.

Um... Peter's tweet seems to be saying that the glyphs are read left to right, not right to left. So Awesomeness was right the first time. Peter said that sas was on the left, and nahn was on the right.

EDIT: I guess that's why I should wait until I fully wake up to comment on things. :P I got myself pretty confused there.

Edited by AonarFaileas

Um... Peter's tweet seems to be saying that the glyphs are read left to right, not right to left. So Awesomeness was right the first time. Peter said that sas was on the left, and nahn was on the right.

It depends on if you are looking at the cap on Brandon's apparel site with the symbol flat or flipped up. There are actually two pictures on the site that make it confusing which is the correct orientation. Peter confirmed Shash should be on the bottom which would put the wavy glyph on the left making it Sas and the glyph that looks like an arrow on the right which would make it Nahn. I originally had them reading as Nahn Sas from left to right.

Edit: I see where the confusion might have been. It looks like I had the two symbols reversed on the file with all three on it. I fixed that error so now everything should be correct.

This one was more of a "eh why not?" since the decal on Sanderson's store is a pretty high quality jpg. Only took about two minutes to make the png and svg for them so for anyone that wanted to play with them, here it is (hyperlink is for the svg):

Stormlight Archive Decal:

rsz_stormlight_decal_swords.png