What's wrong with that isn't that hes in a faction, I'd be fine if peeps straight up did that, but it's when they have the justification of 'omg he's in a doc!' and hope they actually get away with it.

Also I was waiting to be accused of being a monarch, cause I'm definitely playing like one sure. Would you rather I be one of the ten or so people that are just chilling so I won't get caught? 

Also no monarch would contact the others through clacks because of what you said, so it's not that much use anyway. I'll keep my vote on Nyali until anyone presents a viable alternative, which apparently is gonna be me cause screw me for being active.

24 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

So you think that I should vote for Nyali, which will disrupt the clacks, rather than vote for Araris, a possible monarch. Stink, are you a monarch? You really must be, because that's what your playstyle shows. Lol.

One more thing - If the monarchists are communicating with one another via clacks, they're easier to discover, due to clacks officers spying on the PMs. By lynching Nyali, you would cripple that method of discovery.

Mostly I see STINK as acting his normal playstyle. He is usually accused of eliminator tendencies either way.

Don't you mean we should lynch Aonar since once he is dead Post office will be more expensive causing either the monarchists to use clacks or to use way more money to stay away from the clacks spies? That is probably the best way to hurt the monarchists rather than just voting randomly based on someone not being in your faction. 

26 minutes ago, STINK said:

What's wrong with that isn't that hes in a faction, I'd be fine if peeps straight up did that, but it's when they have the justification of 'omg he's in a doc!' and hope they actually get away with it.

...this is a faction game. That's what people are supposed to do.

Also I was waiting to be accused of being a monarch, cause I'm definitely playing like one sure. Would you rather I be one of the ten or so people that are just chilling so I won't get caught?

I was joking about you being a monarchist. Hence the sarcastic Lol.

But I see what you're saying. You know that the monarchists would play one way. The fact that you're not playing that way proves that you're not a monarchist.

Well, no holes in that argument. Carry on.

Also no monarch would contact the others through clacks because of what you said, so it's not that much use anyway. I'll keep my vote on Nyali until anyone presents a viable alternative, which apparently is gonna be me cause screw me for being active.

7 minutes ago, Clanky said:

Mostly I see STINK as acting his normal playstyle. He is usually accused of eliminator tendencies either way.

Don't you mean we should lynch Aonar since once he is dead Post office will be more expensive causing either the monarchists to use clacks or to use way more money to stay away from the clacks spies? That is probably the best way to hurt the monarchists rather than just voting randomly based on someone not being in your faction. 

If Aonar is the post Master, he'd be the logical alternative. Hurts the monarchists and gets rid of an independent, just like you wanted, so everyone's happy. Araris.

Out of curiosity, Clanky, why do you think that Aonar's the Post Master?

Edit: Oh. Right. He claimed to be a post officer without alignment.

Edited by Paranoid King

Cause on day 1 he claimed to be an independent and was offering information to whomever "donated" the most money to the post office. I thought it was common knowledge at this point

Edited by Clanky

As i am still knew to this and am trying to understand some things. I have a few questions about things that have been mentioned a few times now.

What is a dribbler, the monarch, unlicensed thief, and post/clacks master. And how many votes on a person for them to be lynched? 

(I did read the rules but didn't fully understand them so I might ask more question when needed.)

@Clanky @Paranoid King No offence, but storm off. :P

Unlike Nyali, I would like to try to play this game, even if I'm an independent who's goals have nothing to do with anyone else. (Except Nyali, apparently.) So I'd rather you didn't kill me just to make things ever so slightly more convenient for yourselves. I'll vote for who you want me to, scan who you want me to (if you're willing to help me out [my scan can detect monarchists, FYI]) but I'd much prefer I not get killed, so I might have a chance of achieving my wincon.

13 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

@Clanky @Paranoid King No offence, but storm off. :P

Unlike Nyali, I would like to try to play this game, even if I'm an independent who's goals have nothing to do with anyone else. (Except Nyali, apparently.) So I'd rather you didn't kill me just to make things ever so slightly more convenient for yourselves. I'll vote for who you want me to, scan who you want me to (if you're willing to help me out [my scan can detect monarchists, FYI]) but I'd much prefer I not get killed, so I might have a chance of achieving my wincon.

Doesn't your win con depend on how much money is spent on the clacks? So if you die the monarchists may still have to use the post to remain hidden and just spend more money. ;) But I'm willing to move my vote if we have a better target. Your scan should come in handy. Did you use it at all last night?

...Not really? :P I'm not sure what their wages are like, but if they can send 4 messages for ten each, or one for thirty, they math there is easy.

Yes, I did. No one pmed me with requests last night, so I won't reveal faction, but Seonid is *not* a Monarchist.

Edited by Aonar Faileas

I can confirm that I am *not* a Monarchist. I'd like you to contact me tonight(/today? I need to review the PM rules - I got into a far more complicated game than I expected for my first one back...) to confirm my actual faction.

Also, I find it interesting that nobody has brought up the idea of item trades yet. Is it a worthwhile thing to talk publicly about items we are aware of? I'm thinking it might be useful to get an idea of what kind of items are out there, so we can start making sense of results come turnover time.

In the spirit of cooperation, I'll start. I am aware of - but unfortunately do not possess - a Singing and Dancing Sword. I am told it can make a kill during a Night Cycle, but there is a chance that a random player is told that you made the kill. I'm also aware of a Secret Coinpurse that protects against theft - and even allows you to keep half of your money if robbed by the Highway Thief.

1 minute ago, Seonid said:

I can confirm that I am *not* a Monarchist. I'd like you to contact me tonight(/today? I need to review the PM rules - I got into a far more complicated game than I expected for my first one back...) to confirm my actual faction.

Also, I find it interesting that nobody has brought up the idea of item trades yet. Is it a worthwhile thing to talk publicly about items we are aware of? I'm thinking it might be useful to get an idea of what kind of items are out there, so we can start making sense of results come turnover time.

In the spirit of cooperation, I'll start. I am aware of - but unfortunately do not possess - a Singing and Dancing Sword. I am told it can make a kill during a Night Cycle, but there is a chance that a random player is told that you made the kill. I'm also aware of a Secret Coinpurse that protects against theft - and even allows you to keep half of your money if robbed by the Highway Thief.

This seems like it could lead to people getting targeted for theft depending on the items they "know about". I'm all for cooperation but this seems more like just giving the thieves info on who to steal from. I understand that you are just saying what items you know about but there must be some strong correlation between what you have and what you know about.

Abec stumbles into the crowd and begins vomiting profusely on everyone's shoes.

15 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Well, I'm in the same boat as Nyail. I'm the dribbler. Feel free to lynch me. If you want me to use my action on someone, feel free to shoot me a pm.

A bit sad you revealed yourself before I had the chance, but yeah... Silverblade. I don't know about the rest of you, but even if I wasn't the one he made violently ill last night, I'm pretty sure this is one of the roles I'd want to make sure gets taken out of the game sooner rather than later. If there was an eliminator team in this game I might suggest we keep him around to prevent kills, but alas, the closest thing to them is the Assassin's, and it's not like they can really choose who they want dead; that's up for the rest of us to decide, I think...

Abec proceeds to dry heave several times, mind too feverish to recall a majority of the rules.

Point is, roleblocks for sale... yeah, not really liking the sound of that. Why did you decide to sicken me in the first place? :unsure:

Edited by Amanuensis

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Why did you decide to sicken me in the first place? :unsure:

Because your name is Amanuensis. :D That, at least, is the answer that makes sense to me.

I would like you all to know that I have no items.  If you have items, feel free to give them to me.   :P 

I'll put my vote on Yafeshan, because his name sounds like assassin if you say it backwards very slowly. :D 

;) Actually, Yafeshan backwards sounds like not safely.

Edited by Magestar

Abec frowns, a dribble of brown, regurgitated mush from the night before seeping from the corner of his lip before he wipes it on his sleeve.

I mean, all you really did was roleblock me, which is a bit pointless since I'm a Regular anyway (sad about you taking nearly half my pennies, though), so that isn't exactly removing me. Plus the fact that since my previous post was my first and only response this game so far, mostly because I'm busy GMing a game and trying to prepare for NaNoWriMo, I'm hardly shepherding anyone :P not the best logic but eh, to each their own.

Abec coughs without covering his mouth, a cloud of germs obfuscating the air in front of him. Those closest to him recoil in disgust.

Still think removing an independent roleblocker / money stealer is in everyone's best interest, though. So I'll keep my vote on you for now.

Edited by Amanuensis

Not sure, but the current tally looks like this;

Araris; Nyali, PK, Mage

Nyali; STINK, Aonar, Araris

STINK; Mage

Yafeshan; Wonko, Araris, Mage

Aonar; Clanky, PK, Nyali

SB;  Aman, Kiwi.

That looks right, and I checked over the thread a couple times, so It should be ok.  Someone should probably check me though. :P 

This is a really interesting game when it comes to win conditions. What strikes me is that everyone has options. Normal faction members can pick off the members of other factions until only the leaders remain, or they can become the leader of their faction and survive to the end with another faction winning. Monarchists can elect the Monarch, or they can work toward their other win condition, be it faction or independent (although they can't gain the faction leader survival condition). Independents have specific things they have to do, but they can win with almost anyone. So this isn't really a typical faction game where everyone just needs to kill the people not in their faction. While working toward a faction win is the most straightforward thing to do, even members of other factions aren't necessarily enemies.

So the vote looks to be between a bunch of claimed independents and yafeshan. I have nothing against independents, as long as they aren't harming me. In fact, I'd be willing to help them out if they are willing to help me. On the other hand, yafeshan hasn't been on in a cycle, so he probably isn't even sending in orders. Unless there's evidence pointing toward someone not in my faction being a Monarchist (since they are the hardest players to win with) I'd rather vote out an inactive player and have the chance to work with active players.

Here's the current vote tally:

yafeshan (4): Wonko, Araris, Mage, luckat
Aonar (3): Clanky, PK, Nyali
Nyali (2): Stink, Aonar
Silverblade (2): Aman, kiwi
Aman (1): Silverblade

(Mage, I think you missed Silverblade's vote on Aman. :P)

Democracy. An interesting word, that. Prior to the last Patrician getting offed, Ankh-Morpork had dallied with many forms of government and had ended up with that form of democracy known as One Man, One Vote.**

But now that the esteemed Vetinari was gone, the Ephebian idea of ‘democracy’ seemed to have been instated, with everyone having a vote. Everyone. Had a vote.

It was a horrifying change.***

One had only to look at the mass of people yelling at each other and trying to vote on who to kill to see that. Just look at what had happened with Death and A’Tuin! Who had even thought of the idea to let people vote on killing?****

Amidst the shouting and the arguing and the general cacophony of a city yelling at each other, yelling accusations, Cutting-me-Own-Throat Dibbler advertising his SAUSAGES IN A BUN, and Abec yelling at CMOT Dibbler, some of the citizens began to realize that they were less rowdy than they should be for a crowd this size. This was unacceptable.*****

And so poor Yafeshan, who had been sleepily dozing in his corner, blinked his way awake to see a bemused skeleton in a robe waiting for him to wake.

WELCOME TO YOUR FINAL REST

Yafeshan blinked, deciding he like the sound of that, and proceeded to go back to sleep.

And so the night began, with the shadows and whispers from day one’s writeup eagerly returning to take their places. Things certainly seemed poised to be more interesting tonight!

**The Patrician was the Man; he had the Vote.

***The Ephebian democracy has been criticized for the fact that while people like Vimes or the Patrician had a vote, there was nothing in the rules that said Detritus or Dibbler or even...gods forbid, Nobby to have a vote...

****The Assassin’s Guild had conducted several (silent) strikes already, being extremely annoyed at plebeians elbowing in on their jobs.

******You see, to qualify as a real riot, they needed at least 15AARGHS of noise, in which one AARGH is equivalent to the amount of noise you hear when a piano is dropped on someone’s foot. Not that that’s ever happened in Ankh Morpok...right?

Yafeshan has been lynched! He was a Pickpocket for the Thieves Guild!

Vote counts

Yafeshan (5): Wonko, Araris, Mage, Luckat, Clanky

Aonar (2): Paranoid King, Nyali

Silverblade (2): Ammanuensis, Kiwi

Amannuensis (1): Silverblade

Night 2 has begun!

bla_1477724400.png

> Signups

> Day 1

> Night 1

> Day 2

Player list (WITH ADVERTISEMENTS FROM THE ASSASSINS GUILD)

Wonko the Sane - 150

Seonid - 150

Nyali - Grandma Nyawax - 150

The_Lady_of_Chaos - 100

Phattemer - Sergeant Jacksum - 100

Magestar - 100

Paranoid King - 100

Burnt Spaghetti - 100

Pestis the Spider - 100

Stink - 2

Aonar - 150

Dalinar - 100

Yafeshan - 100

JUQ - 100

Dankness Ascendant - 100

Silverblade5 - 110

kiwi - 100

Amanuensis - 300

Clanky - 150

Elbereth - 150

Luckat - 200

Araris Valerian - 40

Happy killing, stealing, and arresting!
Edited by Doctor12

36 minutes ago, Doctor12 said:

Player list (WITH ADVERTISEMENTS FROM THE ASSASSINS GUILD)

Wonko the Sane - 150

Seonid - 150

Nyali - Grandma Nyawax - 150

The_Lady_of_Chaos - 100

Phattemer - Sergeant Jacksum - 100

Magestar - 100

Paranoid King - 100

Burnt Spaghetti - 100

Pestis the Spider - 100

Stink - 2

Aonar - 150

Dalinar - 100

Yafeshan - 100

JUQ - 100

Dankness Ascendant - 100

Silverblade5 - 110

kiwi - 100

Amanuensis - 300

Clanky - 150

Elbereth - 150

Luckat - 200

Araris Valerian - 40

Abec sits down dizzily, attempting to make sense of the numbers spinning and swirling before him.

So, does this abide by normal scoring rules, or is it more like golf? Either way, I can't imagine this bodes well for poor old Abec. RIP :(

Edited by Amanuensis

8 hours ago, luckat said:

(Mage, I think you missed Silverblade's vote on Aman. :P)

Oops.  Sorry. :P 

2 hours ago, STINK said:

It's how much you have to pay to kill someone. So I only cost 2. Great for the self-esteem :P

Ikr.  It definitely seems like a system of ranking. :P Looks like the Base Price is 100, so I guess I'm at the bottom/middle?  -sigh- 

Well, because of complex analytical, alagorical, and Archimedean Reasoning that none of you would understand, I'm going to place a vote on Pestis.