1 hour ago, Paranoid King said:

Why do I get the feeling that if we try to lynch death, we'll just end up doing this?

1350830719728.png

Come to think of it, that looks awesome. Kiwi. Death.

Hmmmmm. Come to think of it, this does pose a bit of a problem. How does one kill death? Does he have to commit suicide? Because death kills everything, so lynching death would have to be death killing death...or by killing death would we become death? Or would is there a death of deaths like there was a death of everything else who we would call on to kill him (ie death of rats, death of ecetera, thus death of deaths)?

Edited by Dalinar Kholin

Ah know what you all sayin, Detritus big troll, Detritus fick. Detritus ain't none o' dat. Detritus gon' win dis game for his faction, an' Detritus gon' do meaninful vote first roun'. Ah think we need ta lynch JUQ.

EDIT: Backstory.
Detritus awoke. The best indication that a troll is in the land of the living is that they begin to move. Detritus shuddered. He shook the spiderwebs off his face, but they didn't go away. Suddenly, the events of the previous night came flooding back to him. He an' da uvva trolls had busted some Slab dealers and he'd licked his finger after dipping it in da powder. what was worse, ol' Stoneface was shaking him, saying sumptin about da patrician bein dead. Dis not a good start, he fort.

Edited by JUQ

Hmm...not a lot of meaningful activity for day one. And I don't even know the playstyles of half of these people. Note to self: should have spectated a game before playing again.

Regardless, I don't think I'll vote quite yet. I need time for a read through of the rules, and I don't have that time yet.

If anyone cares about this sort of thing, here's a vote tally:

• Death(4) Dalinar, Wonko, SIlverblade, PK
  • Atuin(2) Nyali(2), wonko(1), Phattemer, Magestar
  • Magestar(1) Stink
  • Wonko(1) Nyali(1) Nyali
  • Life(1) Dankness
  • JUQ(1) JUQ
  • Aman(0) Silverblade(1)
  • Sanity(0) Magestar(2), PK(1), Phattemer(2) Silverblade(2)
  • Kiwi(0) PK(2)
  • Elbereth(0) Magestar(1), Phattemer(1)

7 hours ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

I vote we lynch Life

Y'all are giving Death to much crem, Life is the real persecutor here. You see, Death has no choice, but Life, well now, has a choice. It has a choice to make your life crem or not. And most of us would agree that it tends to make it crem most of the time. 

Now, lets consider this for a moment. If you kill life, everyone dies, cause we're all alive. If you kill death, nobody dies, so we all live. Isn't killing life a little bit selfish?

7 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Hey @The Young Bard, how long is left in the cycle?

A little over 7 hours. I'm updating the timer now.

EDIT: A reminder - Assassination Requests and Thieves Guild Taxes should be paid during the Day in order to let the respective Guilds know who they may kill. Sorry for not reminding you at the beginning of this Cycle.

Also note: I forgot to add Araris Valerian to the player list at the beginning of this game. He is playing in this game.

Edited by The Young Bard
Housekeeping Stuff

10 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Now, lets consider this for a moment. If you kill life, everyone dies, cause we're all alive. If you kill death, nobody dies, so we all live. Isn't killing life a little bit selfish?

No, no no. If we kill life, we become Lifeless. If we kill Death we become Deathless. Noone dies or lives, we just trudge around in Limbo.

The mob gathered into the graveyard, yelling and screaming loudly enough to raise the dead*.

"Hey Death!" someone shouted. "Come out! We want to kill you."

"AND WHY WOULD I WANT YOU TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?" Death asked casually, sitting on top of a tombstone.

"If we kill you, then you can't kill us all, and we'll all live forever!" Someone exclaimed, waving their pitchfork enthusiastically.

Death gave him a strange look. There was a pause. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"THAT WAS ME RAISING AN EYEBROW" Death explained.

There was a moment of hesitation.

"Errrrr... you don't have eyebrows."

"YOU'RE A SENSITIVE ONE, AREN'T YOU?" Death said.

There was a pause.

"Are you changing the topic?" someone asked.

"FROM YOU TRYING TO KILL ME? WHY WOULD I DO THAT?"

"Because you don't want to die, obviously."

"I'M DEATH. HOW EXACTLY DO YOU PLAN TO DO THAT?" Death asked curiously, genuinely intrigued.

From somewhere, a spear was hurtled at Death. Death lifted up a hand and caught it.

"REALLY?" There was a shifting among the crowd.

"Worth a shot, at least." someone muttered.

"I SUPPOSE YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED IN ALL OF YOU."

There was a pause. "We only tried to kill you. Don't be like that..."

"YOU DIDN'T JUST TRY TO KILL ME, YOU KNOW. A'TUIN'S SENSITIVE. DID YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT HOW YOU TRYING TO KILL HIM MIGHT MAKE HIM FEEL?"

There was a pause.

"HERE HE IS, CARRYING YOU ACROSS THE SKY, DAY IN, DAY OUT, AND YOU ALL WANT TO KILL HIM. DID YOU THINK? DID YOU WONDER HOW THAT MIGHT MAKE HIM FEEL?"

The mob shuffled their feet slowly.

"HE DOESN'T NEED YOU. FRANKLY, IT WOULD BE A WEIGHT OFF HIS BACK IF YOU ALL DISAPPEARED."**

Slowly, the mob bowed their heads, shamefaced.

"IF YOU WANT TO KILL EACH OTHER IN YOUR PETTY FEUDS, THAT'S FINE. BUT LEAVE A'TUIN ALONE. HE DESERVES BETTER. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG I SPENT COMFORTING HIM?"

The mob slowly backed away from Death, who was pacing towards them, advancing angrily, his scythe acting as a cane at his side, clicking away at the cobblestones.

"IF YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS AGAIN, THEN THE AUDITORS BE DAMNED. I WILL FIND YOU, AND I WILL MAKE YOU PAY."

Slowly, the mob turned and ran. Death turned, and vanished, reappearing beside the head of the Great Turtle A'Tuin, slowly pacing across the sky.

"IT'S OKAY, MY FRIEND. THE HUMANS WON'T TRY TO HURT YOU ANYMORE."

And Death could just make out a small lake growing in the corner of A'Tuin's eye.

*Something which is generally considered a bad thing to do in a graveyard.

**Both literally and metaphorically.

You attempted to lynch Death, but failed!

Night 1 has begun and will end in 48 hours! Note: This has been extended by 24 hours more than originally planned because I can't do rollover tomorrow.

blu_1477378800.png

Quicklinks:

- Signups
- Day 1

Players:

1. Wonko the Sane
2.Seonid
3. Nyali - Grandma Nyawax
4. The_Lady_of_Chaos
5. Phattemer - Sergeant Jacksum
6. Magestar
7. Paranoid King
8. Burnt Spaghetti
9. Pestis the Spider
10. Stink
11. Aonar
12. Dalinar
13. Yafeshan
14. JUQ
15. Dankness Ascendant
16. Silverblade5
17. kiwi
18. Amanuensis
19. Clanky
20. Elbereth
21. Luckat
22. Araris Valerian

Edited by The Young Bard

8 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

So. This inspired artwork! (Which tbh Bard pleaded for me to do this XD but it was fun to do so thanks Bard )

Disclaimer: yes i know that death isn't that big. creative licence. its art. Be satisfied XD

It's very good. :D  Plus, Death is an anthropomorphic entity, so he can be as big as he needs to be. :P 

Well, now I feel bad. :(

"Bad gut read?" Mage, what are you talking about? This is a faction game. If I'm not in your doc, I'm an enemy. What are you relying on your gut for?

Anyway, at this stage of the game, I'd much rather lynch an inactive like Yafeshan.