1 hour ago, Paranoid King said:

Thanks for posting, sanity, I can find someone else to lynch now.

I really want to lynch A'tuin for the write-up, but I want a bit more discussion first. So...

Kiwi. Start talking.

Wait, why me? I'm new at this. I'm most likely going to need help. 

Hi! It looks like you're trying to not get lynched! Would you like me to help with that?

Yes:

Spoiler

*On D1 votes:

Standard games

D1 is always a controversial topic. People have no info, and so for the first few minutes, they muddle around randomly, voting on whoever catches their eye. At the end of D1, someone almost always gets lynched, and they're almost always a villager. However, the information gained by the chaotic swaying of the votes might be worth the sacrifice. Or possibly not.

Faction games

This is the case for standard elimination games. In faction games, things are a much different matter. Rather than having one faction of eliminators who are all watching one another's backs, you have at least 3. In this game, there appear to be 5 or so factions, making determining allegiances difficult. In faction games, instead of voting to gather information through pressuring people, people are simply voting to kill someone not in their faction. Therefore, they don't care much who they kill.

Therefore...

You may be a struggling player in one of these games, having been voted on by one, perhaps two people. In a standard game, just reply with phrases like, "Yo, wassup dawg, I'm active," or "Oi, don't vote on me! X is so much more suspicious." In a faction game, you need to do nothing more than vote on another player, coupling your vote with the phrase, "X is inactive. why don't we vote on them instead?" If you chose someone in your attackers faction, they will deny your request, giving you a bit more information. If you chose someone not in their faction, they will heartily agree, glad that someone is willing to vote with them to destroy someone not in their faction.

*Professor, Generic. On Surviving SE. 4th ed. The Cosmere: n.p., 2016. Print.

No:

Spoiler

Aww, okay. Next time, maybe.

3 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Come on guys, stop trying to get us all killed. How about we lynch death instead?

Judging by what happened last couple times Death was out of the picture, I don't think that's a good idea. :P I don't want to go shopping. :P 

Anyways. Where to start? This is an unusual game, in some ways. We have various factions, Eliminators without a stated kill, and a couple weird independents. The factions share mutually contradictory win cons, with the exception of the Factions Leaders, who simply need to survive. The Clacks and the Post have their struggle, which is utterly irrelevant to everyone else. Then there's the Monarchists, who are irrelevant to the Faction Leaders, Post, and Clacks, but not the regular players. (<-Sucks to be you. :P)

Now, you unlucky regulars, I've a proposition. I'll come straight out, I'm a Post Officer with no other Alignment. However, I do have something useful, and I figure, you help me, I'll help you. I'm going to hold an Auction each cycle. Whoever 'donates' the most money to the Post each night will be given the Alignment of one player of their choice the next night, or, possibly, another service, depending on what abilities are available to my fellows. (Donations, of course, taking the form of PMs sent to me or one of my coworkers at night.)

It's up to you, of course, whether or not you take the deal. However, I'm sure that I, and my brothers in the Post, (who I would most appreciate correspondence from tonight) could be of great use to whichever side wishes to help us achieve our victory.

~Arik, the Mercenary Postman (<-officially my character, now. :P)

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Apologies everyone - I've forgotten to work out how much money everybody starts off with. I'll be balancing it over the next hour or two (intermittently with class), and I'll get back to you all in about 2 hours with how much you started out with. Sorry about that :P 

10 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Judging by what happened last couple times Death was out of the picture, I don't think that's a good idea. :P I don't want to go shopping. :P 

Anyways. Where to start? This is an unusual game, in some ways. We have various factions, Eliminators without a stated kill, and a couple weird independents. The factions share mutually contradictory win cons, with the exception of the Factions Leaders, who simply need to survive. The Clacks and the Post have their struggle, which is utterly irrelevant to everyone else. Then there's the Monarchists, who are irrelevant to the Faction Leaders, Post, and Clacks, but not the regular players. (<-Sucks to be you. :P)

Now, you unlucky regulars, I've a proposition. I'll come straight out, I'm a Post Officer with no other Alignment. However, I do have something useful, and I figure, you help me, I'll help you. I'm going to hold an Auction each cycle. Whoever 'donates' the most money to the Post each night will be given the Alignment of one player of their choice the next night, or, possibly, another service, depending on what abilities are available to my fellows. (Donations, of course, taking the form of PMs sent to me or one of my coworkers at night.)

It's up to you, of course, whether or not you take the deal. However, I'm sure that I, and my brothers in the Post, (who I would most appreciate correspondence from tonight) could be of great use to whichever side wishes to help us achieve our victory.

~Arik, the Mercenary Postman (<-officially my character, now. :P)

Maybe Mort will take over.

I don't think the Post Office and Clacks are factions. The only people who care about the struggle between them are the Postmaster and the Clacks Master.

I'm pretty sure all it means to be a Postman is that you get thruppence every night. @The Young Bard, am I right about this?

So no, unless you are the Postmaster, you are not a "Post Officer with no other alignment".

Quote:

"...under ordinary circumstances, you will receive 3 pennies a cycle."

2 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Ahem. thirty pence, not three. We Postmen are able to live off our jobs. :P

Whaat? Where did this influx of money come from? Considering that a message only costs 1 penny to send, that seems a bit much, don't you think?

11 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

@Wonko the Sane Ahem. thirty pence, not three. We Postmen are able to live off our jobs. :P 

The Post and the Clacks are not a part of the Faction struggle so far as I know. However, I have no tie to any given Faction.

Ah, right, I forgot Bard multiplied all the numbers by 10.

The Post Office and Clacks are not, but at least some Post Officers and Clacks Workers are. The rules explicitly remind us that the Unlicensed Thief will still be one or the other, and there is an implication that this applies to other players. "Post Office" is not an alignment. Also, there's this clarification:

"The Post Office/Clacks deal will only directly affect the Post Office Master and Clacks Master's win con directly."

Edited by Wonko the Sane