If you want to know, Araris, I'm trying to arrange it so that all Regulars get elected Guild Leaders (you, me, Burnt) and win regardless of what faction pulls victory out in the end. Powerless people deserve to win now and then :P

Edited by Amanuensis

The day stole by silently.*

The town of Ankh Morpork looked around hopefully, waiting for someone to volunteer to die. Sure, they didn’t exactly need to kill anyone, but they could. And why waste that chance? Besides, it was tradition now!

The people of Ankh Morpork quite liked having a vote. One thing was sure, the next Patrician was going to have his work cut out for him.

After some uncomfortable silence, Araris piped up, in a sleepy voice, that perhaps Burnt would like to have an early meeting with Death. Burnt immediately started making anti-Araris signs and handing them to whomever was nearest her, starting an anti-Araris protest. Abec blinked at the chaos around him and suggested they instead lynch all their Guild leaders instead, because why not? Besides, it was time for the regulars to shine! The others seemed to like this idea very much.

There was nothing, nothing like Democracy to establish Tyranny, wasn’t there?

And so PK, guild leader for only a day, found himself beside his body, watching in amusement as hundreds of coins spilled out from his corpse, only to be swarmed by the Morporkians.

Ah yes, such democracy.

Somewhere far away Lord Vetinari was shaking his head.**

PK continued to stare at his body, thinking wistfully of how expensive that coat had been, and he couldn’t help grinning as he some of his...investors found their money and took it back with interest. Such a lovely town…

A dry voice came from behind him.

IF YOU’RE QUITE READY...

Paranoid King didn’t turn, watching as the people began to leave the square as the sky darkened, leaving his body alone.

“I’m not a religious man, but I’ve heard the priests ranting. You bring nothing into this world, and having nothing you depart, eh?”

YES.

He turned to face the skeleton watching him, then grinned as he summoned two huge bags of ghostly money into his hands. “I think those priests were wrong.”

YOU DO KNOW YOU WON'T NEED THOSE WHERE YOU'RE GOING, DON'T YOU?

PK shrugged. “At least I still look magnificent. He looked at his money, then back at the Guild, then at Death’s horse. A majestic white charger, hooves never seeming to touch the ground, mane flaring in the sunset. The horse of Death himself. The steed that has carried armies, and cities, yea, carried all things in their due time. The magnificent stallion known as “Binky.”***

An idea struck PK, and he looked towards Death with his best ‘charming’ look, which he usually saved for his investors. Death looked back at him with a deadpan expression, wondering what this one wanted this time.

“...Can I ride him? Please?”

A long, appropriately deathly silence.

NO.

PK smiled even wider, talking even faster“Please? I got this really great image in my head and all! You can’t deny me this...The payoff of all my investments in this city! Plus, think of the image boost it’ll give you!”

Even as the skull stared at him, Paranoid King got the distinct impression that eyes were rolling inside that skull.

WILL IT SHUT YOU UP IF I LET YOU RIDE BINKY?

“Definitely!”

...FINE…

KICK HIM, HOWEVER, AND I’LL SHOW YOU THERE ARE WAYS EVEN THE DEAD CAN FEEL PAIN…

Paranoid King grinned and hopped onto the magnificent horse, hung on to the reins for dear life as Binky playfully tested him, then when the horse had calmed down, reached into his ghostly sacks full of money...

..And Paranoid King the Banker rode into the sunset, laughing amidst a swirl of flying banknotes.

Death sighed, then followed the horse into the night sunset.

*It wasn’t the Thieves Guild, they swear.

** Or worse, using sarcasm.

***Death maintained that it was a nice name.

That final image was PK's idea, btw.

Paranoid King has been lynched! He was the Banker of the Thieves Guild! He was also the Head of the Thieves Guild!

Araris: (2) PK, Burnt

Burnt: (1) Dalinar

PK:(4) Aman, Araris, JUQ, Dankness

pin_1478761200.png

The following items are up for bidding!

Handkerchief

Secret Wallet

Whiteboard Writing Implement

Player list, WITH ADVERTISEMENTS FROM THE ASSASSIN'S GUILD

Seonid - 90

Nyali - Grandma Nyawax - 90

The_Lady_of_Chaos - 70

Burnt Spaghetti - 70

Pestis the Spider - 70

Aonar - 80

Dalinar - 70

JUQ - 70

Dankness Ascendant - 70

Silverblade5 - 80

kiwi - 70

Amanuensis - 200

Elbereth - 90

Araris Valerian - 70

Edited by Doctor12

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

El got her mother's mind and her father's heart, the latter being less like a heart and more like a black hole. So yeah, definitely can't break that.

Wait, are you implying that she hasn't lost her mind?

Whoever said I had? I'm perfectly sane, thank you. 

And while I rather disagree that my mind is purely from my mother, I'm perfectly fine with that description of my heart. :P (In fact, it was about the only thing that made me laugh this morning. So thanks for that.) 

If you're wondering why this thread disappeared and then reappeared, it was brought to my attention that I'd made a GM error and accidentally revealed a player who shouldn't have died. I must ask anyone who saw the role/faction of the player I accidentally killed not say anything to their teammates or the thread, and do their best not to let it influence their gameplay. Sorry for this mistake :/ On a related note, if I don't say 'Noted' in your PM, can you please remind me? (Just as a failsafe for idiot GM's like me who don't mark things on the sheet on accident.)

Seonid has died! They were an Assassins Guild Regular!

The following items are up for Auction:

Singing and Dancing Sword

Secret Wallet

Handkerchief

Whiteboard Writing Implement

Day 6 has begun, and will end in 44 hours!

gre_1478934000.png

Player list:

Nyali - Grandma Nyawax - 90
The_Lady_of_Chaos - 70
Burnt Spaghetti - 70
Pestis the Spider - 70
Aonar - 80
Dalinar - 70
JUQ - 70
Dankness Ascendant - 70
Silverblade5 - 80
kiwi - 70
Amanuensis - 200
Elbereth - 90
Araris Valerian - 70

Quicklinks:

Day 1 - Storm on the Horizon
Night 1 - Death's Death?

Day Two - One of these Days...
Night 2: Rest, or the lack thereof.
Day 3: Rough night?
Night 3
Day 4. Death of a Giant.
Night 4 - Fall of the University
Day 5. Dusk of the Monarchists
Night 5: The Banker's Last Laugh

Well, Nyali is voting for him because they are a pair of roles that compete with one another for victory. Aonar is voting for himself he doesn't believe he can win after being stolen from, though I have a theory that he might be a Monarchist himself. Lynching him is pretty pointless, however.

I will retract my vote from Elbereth in favor of Chaos, though. According to my sources, she is the Luggage (and also inactive).

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

Well, Nyali is voting for him because they are a pair of roles that compete with one another for victory. Aonar is voting for himself he doesn't believe he can win after being stolen from, though I have a theory that he might be a Monarchist himself. Lynching him is pretty pointless, however.

Thank you!! And in that case i think i will place my vote on Aonar as well. As for Chaos I was told she is inactive for most games?