Note: My apologies for being so brief with this - RL events mean I have to leave right now. If you don't recieve a PM from me, assume everything is normal, and that your actions were successful (I'll confirm this tonight when I get back.) Unfortunately, that also means that I haven't got any RP for you tonight, sorry :/

Silverblade was lynched! They were Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler!

Vote Tally:
Silverblade (2): Aman, JUQ
Aman (1): Stink
Aonar (1): Nyali
Stink (1): Darkness

Night 3 has begun, and will end in 48 hours, on Wednesday 2 November at 6:00PM AEST.

ora_1478070000.png

Yay, now we can have a community write-up.

Dibbler got up, reaching for his sausage tray.

'Oi, there was no need for that. I was just trying to-'

His hand passed right through it. He paused his rant, looking up at the crowd.

'Really now, look what you gone and done with my sausages!'

I'ᴍ ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴏʀʀʏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ.

'Well you should be! They were half off, too, and that's cutting me own throat.'

I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀɴʏ ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ.

'What, sell sausages at half price?'

Dibbler looked up, finally seeing who he was addressing.

'Oh.'

Iɴᴅᴇᴇᴅ.

Dibbler faded into the distance. Death watched where he had been for a few moments, then looked down at the sausage tray. He shrugged, then picked a ghostly sausage up and ate it whole. He shuddered, making a sound like a bundle of sticks being thrown out of a window. Then he mounted Binky and rode off. The crowd took absolutely no notice of him.

Edited by Paranoid King

Mustrum Ridcully was not usually a man with enemies. A wizard coming from the country, a countrified, squirearchical wizard.*  Sure, his fellow wizards usually hoped he’d die through too much healthy exercise, but the man usually shouted down any opposition with gusto, and so far had remained untouched by life’s woes. Sure. there had been one or two attempts to ahem...arrange a transfer of power, they had stopped after the wizard in question was found in an undignified position with several crossbow bolts sticking out of undignified places.**

However, someone certainly seemed to have it out for him.Three times this week, he had seen Death lounging around, glancing at him with a confused expression, then checking a huge hourglass. The Librarians’ death had left him on edge, which led to much more shouting and waving his crossbow about. Which then led to Death showing up more, his skull face becoming increasingly irritated when Mustrum didn't just drop dead.***

Then one night, while taking a healthy run, Death appeared strolling beside him. It was a testament to how often he had been appearing that Ridcully barely spared him a glance, then snorted. As he continued on his run, he laughed. “I know what the other wizards say.” He continued running.  “They’re hoping I’d die of this healthy exercise!” He laughed again, and winked at Death. “You here to confirm that?”

Death checked an hourglass, and a book, then looked around with a touch of impatience.****

NOT EXACTLY

Mustrum continued running. “You’ve been visiting awfully frequently.”

YOU DO LIVE A DANGEROUS LIFE. YOU HAVE NOT MADE MANY FRIENDS.

Ridcully laughed. “I can’t deny that. What’s the point of living a quiet, boring one?”

LESS ENEMIES, PERHAPS

“Enemies? You’re joking.”

Then there was a loud noise, and Ridcully found himself running out of his body. Turning, he saw a figure retreating into the shadows, and his body falling to the ground. He looked at Death, then at his body. He tried to pick up the crossbow, finding his hands went through it. He sighed. At least his body wasn’t sprawled out in an undignified way…*****

SO YOU'RE FINALLY DEAD THEN?

Mustrum shrugged, concentrating. A ghostly crossbow appeared in his hand, causing his familiar grin to reappear. “Certainly seems so, doesn’t it? Is there good hunting where we’re going?”

Death eyed his crossbow warily. 

AS LONG AS YOUR TARGETS AREN'T CATS...COME WITH ME

And so Ridcully and Death disappeared into the night.

*Read: Homicidal, crossbow wielding maniac
**He survived that, surprisingly, resigned from the University, and found his new calling as a Dog walker. He was content...although he could never sit down properly again. 
***Wizards...always so inconsiderate as to only almost die. It was like Rincewind all over again!
****He'd promised to drop in on Susan later tonight.
*****Well...Perception bias?

Stink has been killed! He was Mustrum Ridcully, the Head of the Unseen University!

gre_1478242800.png

Player list (WITH ADVERTISMENTS)

Seonid - 90

Nyali - Grandma Nyawax - 90

The_Lady_of_Chaos - 70

Phattemer - Sergeant Jacksum - 70

Paranoid King - 80

Burnt Spaghetti - 70

Pestis the Spider - 70

Aonar - 80

Dalinar - 70

JUQ - 70

Dankness Ascendant - 70

Silverblade5 - 80

kiwi - 70

Amanuensis - 200

Clanky - 90

Elbereth - 90

Luckat - 200

Araris Valerian - 70

Day 4 has begun and will last 48 hours.

Edited by Doctor12

Hello Ankh Morpork. Things are happening. People are dying. I don't know who anybody is, which doesn't really matter because I don't particularly care.

Tip of the day: If you see any monarchists trying to pull a last-minute lynch on the patrician, don't let them do that, as it means most of them are the heads of their guilds and are trying to win the game.

3 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Hello Ankh Morpork. Things are happening. People are dying. I don't know who anybody is, which doesn't really matter because I don't particularly care.

Tip of the day: If you see any monarchists trying to pull a last-minute lynch on the patrician, don't let them do that, as it means most of them are the heads of their guilds and are trying to win the game.

*Ahem* I strongly second the motion of not allowing the patrician to be lynched. But, on a more central point, what motivations would people have to kill the head of the Unseen University?

8 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

*Ahem* I strongly second the motion of not allowing the patrician to be lynched. But, on a more central point, what motivations would people have to kill the head of the Unseen University?

Well for one thing, the assassins wanted to win. And Stink wasn't part of their faction. And they were offered money to kill Stink.

I don't think him being the head of the university has anything to do with it.

58 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Why don't we kill Luckat? I would really prefer if nobody actually paid the assassins 200 money, and she hasn't been active so far as I can tell.

You do realize that those numbers aren't the actual money the assassins get for killing someone right? It's just what Mage posted as recommended prices. The assassins don't have to follow anything about that list.

I will make a strong bid of 1 penny! I would not have anything against killing Luckat, I don't know who the monarchists are, but whittling the number of people done will make it easier to find them, and I have no information to vote for anyone else at the moment.

7 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Well for one thing, the assassins wanted to win. And Stink wasn't part of their faction. And they were offered money to kill Stink.

I don't think him being the head of the university has anything to do with it.

Well, thats all well and good theoretically, I'd still like to hear from them regardless.

6 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Why don't we kill Luckat? I would really prefer if nobody actually paid the assassins 200 money, and she hasn't been active so far as I can tell.

4 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yeah, but people might follow the recommendations and offer that much to the assassins. And we have to kill somebody.

...What? You worry that someone is desperate enough to pay 200 coins to kill luckat, so you're going to kill luckat.

If someone is willing to pay 200 to kill person A not in their faction, they'll be willing to pay 200 to kill B, C, and D. You're not really stopping the assassins from making money here.

You may have a good reason to kill Luckat, but the explanation you're giving makes absolutely no sense.

8 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Hey, I've posted before. 

Like Paranoid King said, it doesn't make a lot of sense to lynch me because of how much the assassins are asking to kill me. I doubt many people have that much money to spend, and that list is more of a guideline than an actual price list anyway, and it's probably outdated since the Advertiser died. I don't see why anyone would want to spend that much on killing a single person anyway when another member of the same faction would do just as well. It's not like it's necessary to completely annihilate other factions, just get them down to only a leader.

I do think it's reasonable to lynch someone who's been inactive, but since it's a faction game how much someone has posted isn't a good measure of activity. If you want to lynch someone who's not active, you should be looking for someone who hasn't been logged on for long periods of time. That means they haven't been sending actions and likely haven't been in their faction doc much and probably aren't very invested in the game. For example, I've noticed that phattemer has been logged off for a few entire turns, so lynching him would probably be good.

I haven't been following super well, so I don't have all the intricacies of the rules down. I don't particularly want Luckat dead, but nobody else was voting, and that was the best reason I could come up with in under 5 minutes. Besides, I'm not the kind of person that jumps my vote around all over everywhere. I'm going to hold off on any changes for now.