Detritus struggles to his feet. The spiders have finally subsided. All dese peeple, complainin' 'bout dat uni guy what got himself killed. He feels an irresistible urge to see someone lynched. How about the same as what Aman said? Silverblade.

Remembering why Abec hates the day time (light hurts his eyes, the sounds of birds chirping grates his nerves) he returns to his bed, yawning obnoxiously loud enough to disturb his neighbors.

14 minutes ago, STINK said:

Well I dunno about you guys but I think that Aman is a dirty monarchist.

That's about 33.33% true, if you lump Abec in along with Amanuensis the character and the living person that is referred to as Aman on these forums. Abec is not a monarchist, no, though he has a couple friends who are. Abec's a nice enough fellow that he won't stop liking someone just because their political beliefs differ from his own. As for Amanuensis the character, I would describe him as a theocrat, if anything. But even that isn't an accurate description of his beliefs. He serves his god, the Author, and no one else. So he's definitely not a monarchist either. As for me, the real live person currently speaking in black text, thematically I would describe myself as a monarchist, as I'm quite fond of the concept of kings and emperors. But what fantasy nerd isn't?

Edited by Amanuensis

Abec grumbles as he pulls his blanket over his head, attempting to shield himself from a horrendous stench leaking in through the cracks of his floorboards.

3 minutes ago, STINK said:

So I'm right? Ah cool thanks.

In the context of this game, you're wrong. Outside it, I'd say yes (and you're welcome). I do intend to be king of the world some day.

Edited by Amanuensis

Abec clamps a clothespin over his over-sized nose and quickly falls into a deep, pleasant slumber.

Ultimately because I have no reason to want anyone else dead, though I do have a few personal reasons. For one, last time I let a neutral live (and even helped them achieve their win con) they betrayed me in the end and cost my entire team the game, and as such no longer have any reservations killing said neutrals, especially when they ask for it. For two, said neutral already made an effort to weaken me, and has since made statements that they want me dead. For three, he's the only role I'm aware of that can simultaneously 1: prevent a player from taking any actions, 2: steal ten pennies from them, and 3: keep them from gaining the money they should have earned that cycle, due to sickness. That's pretty powerful, in my opinion, and bad for everyone who doesn't manage to get on his good side, which is always going to be me, apparently.

Snoring loud enough to wake the dead (fortunately his apartments weren't built on an ancient burial ground), Abec dreams of fried chicken.

Out of curiosity, why would a monarchist want an independent besides the Patriarch dead, anyway? Not really following that logic.

Edited by Amanuensis

Well, it's not exactly a good lynch for discussion is it? Seeing as you can pull up posts where Silver asks to die, then no one is really gonna jump in and defend Silver, and Silver apparently wants to die so why would they defend themselves? You've already had someone make a second vote with basically no reasoning. 

Secondly, if your example of a neutral betraying you is me in LG24, then you can't really use it because that was a completely different situation, so using it out of context is just wrong.

Third, I've made statements that I want you dead! Why not go for me? I could be a Monarch being more aggressive so that people are less likely to go for me, or maybe magestar was right and I'm not really playing for the faction game.

In fact, right now I'd encourage Silver to keep using his ability on you, but clearly you and your fellow faction mate disagree with me.

20 minutes ago, STINK said:

Well, it's not exactly a good lynch for discussion is it? Seeing as you can pull up posts where Silver asks to die, then no one is really gonna jump in and defend Silver, and Silver apparently wants to die so why would they defend themselves? You've already had someone make a second vote with basically no reasoning. 

Secondly, if your example of a neutral betraying you is me in LG24, then you can't really use it because that was a completely different situation, so using it out of context is just wrong.

Third, I've made statements that I want you dead! Why not go for me? I could be a Monarch being more aggressive so that people are less likely to go for me, or maybe magestar was right and I'm not really playing for the faction game.

In fact, right now I'd encourage Silver to keep using his ability on you, but clearly you and your fellow faction mate disagree with me.

Did I say it was a good lynch for discussion? No. My vote was literally just his name and then links to my previous two posts. I had no intention to spark discussion, as discussion is pointless in a game with no eliminators. Even in a faction game with eliminators, people ignored reason and discussion for faction posturing. And "had someone make a second vote"? I had nothing to do with JUQ's vote, other than being the first person to cast a vote, as far as I'm aware.

That's not different at all. Your win con was to survive. You could have chosen any side. You intentionally chose a side that wasn't mine, just because you were "converted" (which Joe ruled conversions do not effect neutral win cons). No neutral, especially Dibbler's, is an exception to that rule. That potential is exactly what makes neutrals neutral in the first place.

You did? When? I don't recall you making statements about wanting me dead. Won't respond to the rest of this paragraph because I don't care if you're a monarch or monarchist or whatever your intentions are.

He's welcome to so long as he's alive, since I'm a Regular anyway. And what faction mate are you even referring to? If anything, my faction mates would probably rather me be the one roleblocked since compared to them, I can't do much.

Edited by Amanuensis

Except for the fact that the Monarchists are basically eliminators in terms of how if the Monarchists win, everyone that isn't a monarchist loses. And as for how JUQ made a second vote, it isn't necessarily how he might be in your faction etc, but more the fact that the second vote on someone has no explanation whatsoever for the vote, other than his given explanation of 'Aman voted for him '.

As for the example, I guess it works, but it's still not a great example or anything.

Wait, I never did Aman ? Oh, sorry. I thought that arguing that you were a monarch also kinda implied that I wanted to lynch you so I was waiting to vote when I got home.

Even if you're a regular, then you want Silver dead because he makes you lose money? It's not like you lose if you have no money, unless you want to put a load of contracts to the assassins guild about killing people.

23 minutes ago, STINK said:

Except for the fact that the Monarchists are basically eliminators in terms of how if the Monarchists win, everyone that isn't a monarchist loses. And as for how JUQ made a second vote, it isn't necessarily how he might be in your faction etc, but more the fact that the second vote on someone has no explanation whatsoever for the vote, other than his given explanation of 'Aman voted for him '.

As for the example, I guess it works, but it's still not a great example or anything.

Wait, I never did Aman ? Oh, sorry. I thought that arguing that you were a monarch also kinda implied that I wanted to lynch you so I was waiting to vote when I got home.

Even if you're a regular, then you want Silver dead because he makes you lose money? It's not like you lose if you have no money, unless you want to put a load of contracts to the assassins guild about killing people.

Each faction is an eliminator faction by that logic, since them winning costs everyone else the game. The only difference between a Monarchist and the rest of us is that they can choose to either win as a member of their faction or as a Monarchist. If anything, you should be going after the Assassin's, since even the rules state they're the closest thing to eliminators (which you won't since you seem to be one) And okay? I mean, I just read that post as he wants to kill someone, not caring who. But if you want to interpret it because I specifically voted then go ahead.

I mean, I could literally use any neutral as an example, because that's the point of neutrals. To be wild cards; potential game changers. As a player, I don't like wild cards. Especially when there's at least 4 different teams he can work for that aren't my own.

Well I've already told you I'm not one. So if you're going to vote for me because I'm not an Assassin too, then go for it. At least say as much, given how strict you've been on other players the previous day turns for being vague about their intentions.

I want Silver dead because he's a neutral with the means and the motivation to harm me and my team, yes. And given my team is already a minority I'd rather get rid of an enemy I know specifically can do us harm.

Edited by Amanuensis

Na, if a faction wins then there are others that can win. Independents, faction leaders. Monarchs however are just monarchs, much less people winning.

Lol where are you getting this thing that I'm an assassin from. I'm not being vague and being all factiony in my vote, cause I think you're a monarch. Simple as.

Your teams already a minority? So you're either Assassin or Unseen?

12 minutes ago, STINK said:

Na, if a faction wins then there are others that can win. Independents, faction leaders. Monarchs however are just monarchs, much less people winning.

Lol where are you getting this thing that I'm an assassin from. I'm not being vague and being all factiony in my vote, cause I think you're a monarch. Simple as.

Your teams already a minority? So you're either Assassin or Unseen?

I'm pretty confident you're wrong. If the Monarchists win all faction leaders and independents who met their win condition win too. GMs, can you confirm this publicly for me? Edit: Never mind then. I either misunderstood something a faction mate told me or was intentionally mislead. Now that I checked the rules again, I see that faction leaders can not win with the monarch (independents still can, though, which is another reason why I don't want SB around in case he teams up with the Monarchists), which is a problem for me since my primary concern is surviving.

The nonsense with you and the Advertiser. Plus the fact that you're intentionally ignoring the actual "eliminator" faction (the Assassins) in favor of the Monarchists (who literally aren't a problem so long as Dalinar is kept alive). And I've already asked you for the logic that I'm a monarchist, which you still haven't answered.

Could be a thief, too, given Yafeshan was a Pickpocket.

Edited by Amanuensis

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Out of curiosity, why would a monarchist want an independent besides the Patriarch dead, anyway? Not really following that logic.

Considering that at least one independent, (Aonar I believe?) publicly claimed to have a scan role that could find monarchists. That makes them priorities for monarchists actually. 

Edited by Clanky

21 minutes ago, Clanky said:

Considering that at least one independent, (Aonar I believe?) publicly claimed to have a scan role that could find monarchists. That makes them priorities for monarchists actually.

Well, I certainly missed that. Still has nothing to do with me wanting SB dead, at least. @Aonar Faileas, any results worth sharing so far?

11 hours ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Not really. Elbereth and Seonid are not Monarchists.

Elbereth isn't? Huh. Already figured as much about Seonid, though. How do you feel about me PMing you tonight with a list of people I think are the Monarch?

Edited by Amanuensis

45 minutes left in rollover! Due to RL stuff, I'm trying to get rollover done as quickly as possible, so if you plan to make a last minute vote shift or something similar, can you inform me in the GM PM's now? (Same goes if you haven't PM'ed me any day actions yet.)