Keep it down with the posts guys, we don't want to spam the thread.

Seriously though, you guys couldn't even give me a 1? That's just disrespectful. All for something, and I don't know what that something is. Can you update the price list to spell out a sentence in numbers telling me by my name? That'd be great thanks. I'm sure you've all got practice from using calculators. 

Also, if it's 'cause of how I posted during D2, then to be honest, that's just pretty lame. Guess I'll go back to posting crappy jokes and letting a thread stagnate...

1 hour ago, STINK said:

Keep it down with the posts guys, we don't want to spam the thread.

Seriously though, you guys couldn't even give me a 1? That's just disrespectful. All for something, and I don't know what that something is. Can you update the price list to spell out a sentence in numbers telling me by my name? That'd be great thanks. I'm sure you've all got practice from using calculators. 

Also, if it's 'cause of how I posted during D2, then to be honest, that's just pretty lame. Guess I'll go back to posting crappy jokes and letting a thread stagnate...

Idk why they set your price to two.  Odd, really.

As far as not posting goes, no one ever posts in night cycles anyway.  Idk why. :P  It's not like people might target you if they see you posting.

Yeah but not posting in night two sucks and if everyone actually did it then there wouldn't be the whole 'targeting the only one who talks thing' going on and anyway there isn't an eliminator kill but instead the whole contract thing where clearly the assassins want someone to place a contract on me instead of others, so the only excuse for not posting during the night this game is just that you don't wanna post which is lame and kills discussions cause obviously posts cause discussion.

That is all assuming that the numbers on that list actually correspond to how much they need before they assassinate someone. It could be mind games, or chosen randomly. It could even be that they are making it so people don't bother with a big contract on you since they won't kill you either way and they would prefer if that money made it onto someone who they are actually likely to kill. 

27 minutes ago, STINK said:

So the only excuse for not posting during the night this game is just that you don't wanna post which is lame and kills discussions cause obviously posts cause discussion.

Guys, not posting kills discussion. :o We need to start posting right away.  I'll start.  I work in the post office. :D 

Anyways, I'm not sure how much we should read into the prices.  Just judging by what I have, they're rather over-expensive.  

Then again, this is in pennies, right?  So all the prices here are under 5 bucks. :P

Of course, the other option is that stink is one of the assassins, and they set the bar low because he requested it. I wouldn't put it past him. :P

People get a bonus in money by lynching someone on the other side, right? If so, it's probably not a good idea to give people reason to lynch you.

But in the way of discussion, I'd recommend that if you find a monarch, don't post them in the thread. If you do, all the other monarchs will contact that person, and then that person will contact them back telling them who's in their faction.

15 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

But in the way of discussion, I'd recommend that if you find a monarch, don't post them in the thread. If you do, all the other monarchs will contact that person, and then that person will contact them back telling them who's in their faction.

This is a good idea. :D   However, it might be good to confirm some people as non-monarchs to tell.  I can tell you I'm not a monarch, but I'm not sure how to prove it.

I should probably re-read the rules.

15 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

People get a bonus in money by lynching someone on the other side, right? If so, it's probably not a good idea to give people reason to lynch you.

Technically, I think you get some sort of percentage bonus if you aid in the death of someone on the other side, but it's negligible enough that I didn't think it mattered too much.

2 hours ago, Magestar said:

Technically, I think you get some sort of percentage bonus if you aid in the death of someone on the other side, but it's negligible enough that I didn't think it mattered too much.

You get 30 coins normally. If you aid in the death of one of your PM friends, you get 10 coins fewer. If you kill one of your PM enemies, you get a 20 coin bonus. So I'd say it's a pretty significant bonus.

7 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Probably for spelling offenses. We are in Ankh-Morpork I believe.

:P Ankh Morak probably wouldn't arrest you for spelling offenses.

7 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Nights last 48 hours, if the length last night lasted is anything to judge by.

Nights bother me a bit.  Nothing really happens except a little bit of set-up for the day cycle. -sigh-

On 10/25/2016 at 3:22 PM, Nyali said:

I'm the master of the clacks. I don't really have anything to do, so I might as well claim. If you don't want to send messages during the day, go ahead and lynch me. I hate being independent in faction games, so I don't mind dying at all.

:( You've only had one experience with it. Maybe you'll have more fun this game? You're a clever cheese. I'm sure you can figure out something to do. Make up your own win con if necessary! :P 

Nights were originally supposed to last 24 hours, and the last one was theoretically an anomaly, but our lovely GMs seem to have overlooked that fact. Personally, I like having 48 hours to plan out actions and the like in this kind of game, but it's all a matter of opinion. 

Also, hey. I'm here. Not posting much partly because I never post much in faction games, partly because I'm rather busy with school and not as engaged in this game as usual. (I'm not even the person writing the most in my doc, which is... new.) But yes, I exist. :P 

It's more that not having night actions AND not having a faction means there's very little to do. At least last time, I could do stuff at night, and I could join a faction. The only kill that furthers my goals is Aonar, so there's not even a reason to lynch people really. Other members of the Clacks/Post gain nothing by me or Aonar living or dying, so there's no reason for other Clacks members to want to help me and/or kill Aonar.

So, again, there's really nothing I can do to further my goals. Except, I guess, sending messages to myself to put more money into the Clacks, but Aonar can do that twice as often as I can, so that seems futile. Or, I can save up to have Aonar assassinated, but assassination prices are pretty high, and that directly conflicts with the only other thing I can do.

Even if I wanted to participate more, how could I?

I like long nights because for me it means that the game is less of a time commitment. There are some times when it is nice to be constantly posting all the time, but when classes get busy it is nice to have 48 hours where you don't really have to do anything for a SE game. Killing people can be somewhat draining at times.

Hmmm... 48 hour nights seem to work better, actually. If it's what everyone's in favour of, I can make that the norm in future cycles. The problem is that it will delay Wyrm's game even further, seeing as he wanted it to be set during the Halloween period...

The write-up tonight might be a couple hours late, due to RL stuff. The current night will still end at the regular time. Sorry about that.

Also, a note: I'll discuss this with Doc, but the Day 3 rollover might also be a couple hours early, again due to RL stuff. I'll let you know the result of that. The good news is that after Day 3, I don't have anything foreseeably on that could interfere with rollovers.

Edited by The Young Bard

And the night had been so peaceful...

The Librarian was out for his usual drink at the Mended Drum, downing his drinks and throwing peanuts at the bards and singers when they went off key. Returning home in a contented manner, he was thus utterly unprepared to meet a small, rather confused Magestar holding a knife and blocking his way. 

Magestar tilted his head in surprise, then checked a piece of paper, then looked back at the Librarian.

“Ook?”

Magestar put the piece of paper back in his pocket, and looked back at the Librarian, licking his lips in the nervous way that most assassins who had just realized that their target was a 200 pound orangutan would. Magestar was not a stupid assassin, and as such decided right then and there decided there were easier commissions to fulfil.

The Librarian, fortunately for Mage, was in a good mood, having drunk the better part of all the alcohol in the Mended Drum, and settled for a mildly curious “Ooook?”

Magestar held his empty palms to the Librarian, shrugging. Then turned tail and hurried off as quick as he could. Unfortunately for him, he forgot that orang utans had an extremely good sense of hearing. Thus he felt safe muttering his final words…

Forty coins to kill a monkey? No thank you…

The Librarian reached for the dictionary he carried with him at all times...

“OOOOOOK”

The streets echoed with Magestar’s terrified scream*. Among other things. Pleading, begging, ooks, squeaking, ooks, and a great big bonk.

The Librarian shuffled off contentedly, satisfied at having taught Magestar the crucial difference between an orangutan and a monkey. An orangutan could open a dictionary and show someone the very different (and long bookmarked) entries for monkey and orang utan.**

Magestar stumbled to his feet and screaming, threw his knife as hard as he could at the Librarian. Only to have the hilt bounce off the Librarian’s head. The Librarian turned, still more confused than furious…

...only to see Magestar with a pile of twenty knives**^ at his feet, hurling them at him as hard as he can. Orang utans are resilient figures, but even they cannot live through one stab wound. Yep, one. Magestar was that bad with his aim. Why do you think he packed so many knives?

And so the Librarian of the Unseen University fell to his paws, not with a bang but a pitiful ook, as he faded away. His grasping paws found his beloved dictionary, and the Librarian died with a book in his hairy paws.

Magestar stumbled to his feet, laughing giddily. 40 coins! 40 COINS IS NOT ENOUGH! He started walking back to the Assassin’s Guild, laughing softly at how close he had been to death.

Walking past an alley, he suddenly heard his name being called. Raising his head in surprise, he saw something hurtling at his face.

The next thing he knew, he was staring at his own bloodied body on the floor.

WELL WELL WELL, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?

Magestar looked up slowly, dreading what he would see...and who he would see.

Sure enough, there was that skeleton, leaning on his scythe, grinning as if he found the situation extremely funny. And beside the skeleton, the ghostly outline of a very annoyed Orang utan watching him.

Magestar found himself kind of relieved he didn't have a body anymore, as it justified him falling to the ground in a boneless heap****. He muttered a soft curse as the Librarian grinned at him.

WELL, TIME TO HEAD OFF. TRY NOT TO KILL EACH OTHER...AGAIN

The sun rose*****, greeting the beautiful city of Ankh Morpork******, as the Moon threw up his hands in relief and went off the horizon for a drink.

*Fully 10Aarghs on its own, which let me tell you is a very impressive feat.

** Right before whacking them with the Dictionary, of course.

*** Don't ask where he got them. Even the narrator does not wish to know. The narrator is sure they can from perfectly reasonable places...right?

**** Among other tragedies that might have occurred to his trousers.

*****Very reluctantly

****** The narrator does not wish to find a contract on his head for misrepresenting the city, and thus is indulging in some poetic licence.

Wonko the Sane has been inhumed! He was the Librarian from the Unseen University! He was also a Monarchist!

Magestar has been killed! He was the Advertiser for the Assassin's Guild!

The following items are available for bidding on

Waste Paper Basket

You can bid in the thread, but final prices are to be given to the GM in your PMs

Day 2 has begun and will last 46 hours.

ora_1477897200.png

Player list, WITH ADVERTISEMENTS FROM THE ASSASSIN'S GUILD

Seonid - 90

Nyali - Grandma Nyawax - 90

The_Lady_of_Chaos - 70

Phattemer - Sergeant Jacksum - 70

Paranoid King - 80

Burnt Spaghetti - 70

Pestis the Spider - 70

Stink - 70720

Aonar - 80

Dalinar - 70

JUQ - 70

Dankness Ascendant - 70

Silverblade5 - 80

kiwi - 70

Amanuensis - 200

Clanky - 90

Elbereth - 90

Luckat - 200

Araris Valerian - 70

PMs will be sent out as fast as possible, sorry for the delay!

Edited by Doctor12