CosmereQuestioner

25 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

so is adonalsium like

Reveal hidden contents

calamity

a little bit?

Reckoners Spoiler

Spoiler

No. Calamity is Adonalsium. He mucked around on Earth a bit, then escaped after his supposed defeat in Calamity, went to Yolen, and got shattered. Definitely. Because Reckoners is most definitely Cosmere. Or maybe he can move between dimensions universes. 

Note.

Spoiler

This post was not made with the levity it deserves. Please excuse the failings on the poster's part. Not everyone can be part of the Devotary of Purity.

Edited by Spoolofwhool

well we may notice how all his/her/it Shards(also the most destructive once) have this compulsive need to Invest their powers and fuel life and magic.

It's the reason I was really interesting in the couple of them that actually went aganist this Super-Mandate (Odium and the shard-not-invested)

That's a really good question, and the response it got makes it even more so. It probably won't change much about how we theorycraft, but we know so precious little about Adonalsium, every little bit feels enormous.

Agree with the others -- excellent question and it's impressive you did not get RAFO'd.  I suspect Brandon rewarded you for a such a good question! Well done and an upvote.

I think @Yata has it right -- this really helps explain why the vessels have taken such an interest in people, planets, etc.  It probably also helps explain the magic systems on minor shardwords.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I've noticed Brandon is more likely to answer a question where you have a well thought out answer/solution prepared, and you are looking for confirmation rather than hand outs.  Sure it can still be too much of a spoiler - a RAFO, or your idea/conception is just plain wrong; but then when it isn't and you strike gold it's exciting!

As for the investiture/sentience info given here, the more I think about it, the more relevant it seems!  I'm certain that at some point we'll have a major source of investiture that loses it's vessel and slowly starts directing itself.  (And an Adonalsium info is absolutely fascinating for me!)

• Chaos locked this topic