I'll set one up right now. This is getting a lot of interest, so I will definitely do that.

EDIT: It is done. I wasn't sure whether to name it Mistborn Elimination or Sanderson Elimination, so let me know if you want it changed.

Metacognition, I have given you limited moderation rights to this forum, as is usual in the RP subboards, so you may moderate how you please. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about that. Additionally, if you hate my crappy forum description which I just made, just PM me a different one and I will update it for you :)

Have fun, guys!

Edited by Chaos

I'll set one up right now. This is getting a lot of interest, so I will definitely do that.

EDIT: It is done. I wasn't sure whether to name it Mistborn Elimination or Sanderson Elimination, so let me know if you want it changed.

Metacognition, I have given you limited moderation rights to this forum, as is usual in the RP subboards, so you may moderate how you please. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about that. Additionally, if you hate my crappy forum description which I just made, just PM me a different one and I will update it for you :)

Have fun, guys!

I think Meta mentioned he wanted to call it Sanderson Elimination, so as to leave it open to different games based on different books.

Wow, thanks Chaos! Much appreciated! 

I think you guys are underestimating how many games we're likely to have. We already have a few other people that would like to run one, so if we were to separate everything out, we'd have a lot of Day/Night sections that could get confusing later on. While I think it will just clutter things up to have multiple Day/Night threads up and running and I think it would be easier for newcomers to be able to see how a full game plays out by having it all in one thread, if this is something everyone would like, we can figure something out.

I'll have so see what all I can do now, but I'm thinking that the best route would be to have a separate thread for each Day/Night cycle. So both Day 1 and Night 1 would be in the same thread. I have some other ideas that I will post later (I'm going out to eat) and we'll figure out the best way to set this up for everyone. 

Swimmingly: I don't think we need any special font for the dead. If they have something they'd like to say to the thread (like cursing them for killing them), they can already write it in OOC blue. Also, as per the rules, The Dead Don't Speak. This is because they tend to be privy to outside information and would go against the fair play rules that are already set up. On the rare occasion that the dead do speak, it will always be for RP purposes and will never reveal game information. 

Beyond that, I already have a Google Doc set up specifically for the killed off players to be able to discuss and have fun with while the rest of the game plays out. If you check out the first game, in my final write up, you'll be able to find links to those Docs so you can see how they work. It is a surprisingly good set up, in my opinion.

On a side note: it's been just a little over 24 hours since I was given permission to restart the game and we already have 22 players! I am awed and humbled. 

lol this is awesome, glad this is taking off so much. I just remember having so much fun in the first game (even if I made very horrible decisions that led us regulars to our ultimate downfall), I'm glad there will be a lot more of this going on. And yeah, that first game did become a behemoth near the end, I mean, we're already at page 3 with just sign-ups and role choices and rule clarifications.

and I have a feeling this game will be a lot more active, with so many more players, and will last a very long time (hopefully).

So with that, let me give a little bit more backstory of Gamon, before roles are assigned and any of this becomes prone to suspicion :P 

I grew up a Skaa plantation laborer, working in the fields under the lash of the whip. That is, until the Nobleman's wife took a fancy to my looks, and she started having me work up a sweat with her instead, if ya catch my drift.

Of course the husband eventually found out. Was none too pleased, him. Good thing I had my whole extended plantation family having my back, and good thing Luthadel just so happened to be under rebellion, so the nobleman didn't exactly have backup reinforcements. We drove the nobleman and his family -- his lustful wife included -- off the plantation and claimed the land as our own. But let's just say I had a taste of finer living during my courting of the noble mistress, and plain skaa living just didn't suit me much anymore.

I left out of there shortly after and headed to the nearest city, Urteau. Once there I quickly realized my blatant good looks weren't a common thing. Back at the plantation I figured I was just an anomaly there, and was cut of slightly better cloth, but in the city found out I was extraordinarily good looking. I thought my former owner just happened to be unlucky with his looks and therefore was cast out to the countryside, but I soon found out that there were even uglier people in the city! Fortunately for me, my astonishing good looks drew the eye of women everywhere. Unfortunately for me, my astonishing good looks drew the eye of women everywhere. I got into a few sticky situations and drew the ire of many well known and respected business men, thus ensuring me unable to find any sort of legitimate job anywhere in Urteau.

Luckily for me that's when I met Modeft, and his minor thieving crew. We started busting out jobs all across the city, growing in reputation and size. Before long, we were pulling off big heists, always eluding capture and ensnaring the attention of the city. This was when Modeft came to us and proposed the heist of a lifetime, one of those offers you just couldn't refuse. If we can pull this off, we may become legends like the Survivor himself... although I've seen drawings of him, and I don't see what's so impressive. I am much better looking than him, after all.

lol this is awesome, glad this is taking off so much. I just remember having so much fun in the first game (even if I made very horrible decisions that led us regulars to our ultimate downfall), I'm glad there will be a lot more of this going on. And yeah, that first game did become a behemoth near the end, I mean, we're already at page 3 with just sign-ups and role choices and rule clarifications.

and I have a feeling this game will be a lot more active, with so many more players, and will last a very long time (hopefully).

So with that, let me give a little bit more backstory of Gamon, before roles are assigned and any of this becomes prone to suspicion :P 

I grew up a Skaa plantation laborer, working in the fields under the lash of the whip. That is, until the Nobleman's wife took a fancy to my looks, and she started having me work up a sweat with her instead, if ya catch my drift.

Of course the husband eventually found out. Was none too pleased, him. Good thing I had my whole extended plantation family having my back, and good thing Luthadel just so happened to be under rebellion, so the nobleman didn't exactly have backup reinforcements. We drove the nobleman and his family -- his lustful wife included -- off the plantation and claimed the land as our own. But let's just say I had a taste of finer living during my courting of the noble mistress, and plain skaa living just didn't suit me much anymore.

I left out of there shortly after and headed to the nearest city, Urteau. Once there I quickly realized my blatant good looks weren't a common thing. Back at the plantation I figured I was just an anomaly there, and was cut of slightly better cloth, but in the city found out I was extraordinarily good looking. I thought my former owner just happened to be unlucky with his looks and therefore was cast out to the countryside, but I soon found out that there were even uglier people in the city! Fortunately for me, my astonishing good looks drew the eye of women everywhere. Unfortunately for me, my astonishing good looks drew the eye of women everywhere. I got into a few sticky situations and drew the ire of many well known and respected business men, thus ensuring me unable to find any sort of legitimate job anywhere in Urteau.

Luckily for me that's when I met Modeft, and his minor thieving crew. We started busting out jobs all across the city, growing in reputation and size. Before long, we were pulling off big heists, always eluding capture and ensnaring the attention of the city. This was when Modeft came to us and proposed the heist of a lifetime, one of those offers you just couldn't refuse. If we can pull this off, we may become legends like the Survivor himself... although I've seen drawings of him, and I don't see what's so impressive. I am much better looking than him, after all.

On the behemoth problem: Each cycle can be a seperate thread this time! Yay!

On the backstory: Heheh. I think that was my second cousin you kicked out; never liked her anyways.

In case you did not see it in the other thread, here is my official admonishment in case there's any funny business or any attacks on other members. That crap will not be tolerated. So I'm repeating this here so no one has an excuse to say they didn't know :P

I will be personally taking a close eye on these threads (which I had not done in the previous thread), and I will not tolerate anyone being mean. So you all better keep it nice or you'll have to suffer my wrath :P

Also, Windy and Weiry are participating, and they will also be my eyes and ears.

I mean it though. Everyone needs to express goodwill to other players. Sarcastic or other comments that could constitute flaming will be removed with extreme prejudice.

The moment you decide to insult someone personally, you've taken it way too far.

You be nice and have fun and enjoy it, storm it :P

@metacognition: Hmmm. Well, as this is not limited to Scadrial, would you be terribly offended if I started coming up with ideas for a Roshar based game? I can GM if you like, but I feel that such a game would be appropriate, with the release of WoR so close...

I missed this last post. By all means, LMJ. In fact, I wholeheartedly endorse it! I was hoping other smart, creative people like yourself would come up with their own games. I'll help in any way you need. Would you like me to add you to the list of possible GMs for future games then? 

On the behemoth problem: Each cycle can be a seperate thread this time! Yay!

Indeed, this seems like it will work out best. Thanks to Chaos, I'm capable of merging two threads together, so we can have a new thread for each full cycle and then I can merge them to this one for prosperity! Everyone should send Chaos imaginary mental hugs for being awesome and fixing our issues so easily.

Edit: You know, Chaos, the easiest way to keep an eye on us would be to just join up yourself. I promise we won't take some perverse pleasure in the reverse of power when if we were to kill you. ;)

Edited by Metacognition

I missed this last post. By all means, LMJ. In fact, I wholeheartedly endorse it! I was hoping other smart, creative people like yourself would come up with their own games. I'll help in any way you need. Would you like me to add you to the list of possible GMs for future games then? 

Indeed, this seems like it will work out best. Thanks to Chaos, I'm capable of merging two threads together, so we can have a new thread for each full cycle and then I can merge them to this one for prosperity! Everyone should send Chaos imaginary mental hugs for being awesome and fixing our issues so easily.

Edit: You know, Chaos, the easiest way to keep an eye on us would be to just join up yourself. I promise we won't take some perverse pleasure in the reverse of power when if we were to kill you. ;)

I also accept upvotes in place of hugs.

Honestly, I don't really have time. I'm so far behind on the Mistborn RPG that I don't have time to devote to this.

If there are other games, feel free to set up other GMs, but Meta will still be the overall moderator for this. Additionally, I recommend you use a unique tag for each game. So the Mistborn one would have the tag "mistborn elimination" and the Stormlight one "stormlight elimination". That way they are easier to search and such. Another tag for which day it is is also not amiss. With my MBI experience (where we basically built all of Luthadel--one ball is, no joke, longer than the word count of the Well of Ascension) I can safely say that more tags is better :)

Aye Aye, Captain! 

For everyone else's benefit; I will probably close sign ups tomorrow night. Roughly 24 hours from now. Like before, we'll start with 48 hour days and nights. If this feels like it is taking too long, we'll shorten it then, but with as many players as we already have, I don't think it'll drag too much. 

So sharpen your pitchforks and ready the torches! You have little time left to prepare!

Edited by Metacognition

Survivor bless us. With so many members of this crew, its going to be quite hard to discover who the traitor in our midst is.

I don't wish for there to be any misunderstandings in our relationship, so I will use small words for you, skaa. I am not a part of your crew. I do not endorse the slaughter of any of the Sliver of Infinitys servants.

It is an unfortunate coincidence that some of the cantons gold and resources have vanished at the same time your crew receives payments. Just as it is unfortunate that an Inquisitor, of all people, would turn heretic and rampage in the streets if Luthadel. I can only hope he is -quickly- brought to justice.

Ummm, yes. Yes I would. I'll do the best I can, but like I've said in the past, I don't have much experience with forums and forum games... Maybe 3 or 4 games down the line, though. Sure. :)

EDIT: I'm throwing around the idea of a Stormlight Elimination where players are in a bridge crew... Not sure yet, though. The problem with the Stormlight Archive is that the villians are less... Obvious. The conflict is FAR more morally gray. But i'm working at it. :) (And writing a second novel... :P)

Edited by loganmathewjohnson

I don't wish for there to be any misunderstandings in our relationship, so I will use small words for you, skaa. I am not a part of your crew. I do not endorse the slaughter of any of the Sliver of Infinitys servants.

It is an unfortunate coincidence that some of the cantons gold and resources have vanished at the same time your crew receives payments. Just as it is unfortunate that an Inquisitor, of all people, would turn heretic and rampage in the streets if Luthadel. I can only hope he is -quickly- brought to justice.

I am quite glad he's gone of 'is rocker over in Luthadel; we're perfectly safe here in Urteau then, sirs and madames, are we not? ;)

Unfortunately, I do not share your optimism. Inquisitors are close-minded. If one of them is running rampant, no doubt others will, and like all bugs, they will be attracted to the grandest light of the Empire; Urteau.

They are not unlike your survivor in that way.

Unfortunately, I do not share your optimism. Inquisitors are close-minded. If one of them is running rampant, no doubt others will, and like all bugs, they will be attracted to the grandest light of the Empire; Urteau.

They are not unlike your survivor in that way.

Sir, your blatant hypocrisy is apparent in your every word: You pay these skaa you detest, you call the seat of the Sliver a lesser city to our humble Urteau; you even hire me to negotiate prices for my collegues' services - my kind of person entirely! A good day to you sir, and may we meet frequently, as I charge by services rendered.

Exhaustion on my part, basically. I got Urteau mixed up with Luthadel and it escalated from there.

If meta deletes those, I'll try making Ollivier an arrogant guy again. If he doesn't, I'll hand wave some excuse. He's been rather confused since he got that earring a few weeks ago...

Thinking about possible other game variants, one for Stormlight Elimination could be we're Spren trying to find the Odium (corrupter spren) among us?
Of course would probably work better once WoR comes out, but that'd be a pretty fun round. Who says we always need to be humans?

Hope I'm not too late. Haven't played one of these in quite some time...

He flashes a crooked grin as he leans against the doorframe, balancing a small throwing knife point-first on the tip of his finger. "Having the greets on the eves to the day," he says, flipping the knife into the air. It vanishes into his sleeve, and he steps forward into a graceful bow, lifting his head to regard all with his remaining eye. "Wasing calling as Shiv to the what."

He straightens, looking slightly apologetic."Notting the name of the born of the course, but producting the performing of path and practice." Shiv grins, holding up a small coin purse by a pair of cleanly-cut leather ties, the boxings inside jangling with the motion. "Ising what the find for the losting with?"