Dyring the innkeepers Urteau cousin, paranoid dyring is here. Running the outfit front(?) inn.

Dyring is the smartest man alive. According to himself. Others call him an insufferable besserwisser.

Que - regarding converting, would we not notice that one is dead and then comes back, or does it happend imidiately when they are attacked at night? Or are we not told when someone dies and their roles?

Edited by dyring

Princess: While a standing of knowledge helps immensely, I won't turn you away for it. The world of Scadrial (Mistborn) is the setting and theme. While you might miss out on some of the more intricate details and fun for it, it's not required. I do hope you take Bartbug's suggestion though. They really are a great read and the world is amazing. 

Dyring: The Misting does not come back from the dead. Don't you people know your Hemalurgy? ;) Whenever a Misting dies (and only when a Misting dies I might add), the Inquisitor can convert someone else. They use the body of the dead Misting to fuel the change in the other person, giving them a 50% chance of inheriting the powers of the dead Misting. 

Everything else stays the same. I'll reveal a person's role and allegiance when they die. It's a positive and a negative for the Crew. Sure, they now know who the person was, but so does the Inquisitor....

It may seem like unfair odds; 1 vs everyone else, but (not to pat myself on the back) I think I've balanced it pretty well. You guys are going to have to be on the look out for people who have switched their views and such. Hopefully we'll get enough players for me to run with the entire compliment of special abilities the Inquisitor has! Mwahahaha!

Edited by Metacognition

Fnord is an expert on stealth. (Yup, I'm doing that) For some reason everyone seems to keep forgetting he exists ;) This is, however, extraordinarily useful for stealth.

To represent this, if you approve meta,I will write a small part of every post in white.(Except this one as I am on my phone)

test one

test two

test three

Nice swimmingly, how do you do that? :)

*edit

Sorry, couldent resist joking abit with you ;).

It bugs abit for me, I need to use "more reply option" to get it, and can only do it from the start, not mark it, just as I cant copy:p. Try the same. If you dont have my copy bug, that way is real easy. (then its a button above wich you click and get to choose between colours)

Edited by dyring

Why not. Might as well try and redeem my name from the last game (though Quiver is a hard name to turn into a noun)

Lord Ollivier, an Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy. I suppose you skaa would want to hang me, or some equally barbaric thing. I don't particularly care. I still retain some degree of power and protection, and my bureaucratic skills are as invaluable to your leaders as they were to mine.

Besides which, it would appear there is a common disturbance in our city. The Canton of Inquisition has always been somewhat overzealous. Now, I wouldn't be one to say it, but I have heard some of my colleagues proposing that support for the discreet correction of this problem might be a good sign of our co-operation and friendship. It would indicate that you skaa are more civilised than expected at the very least.

Edited by Quiver

If I might ask a question of you, Meta, when the inquisitor, unfortunately, converts a crew member to his way of thinking, will that crew member know who else has been converted as well? Will those converted, or perhaps I should say corrupted, individuals assist the inquisitor in its nightly ministrations? Or will, perhaps, the inquisitor carry on its dark work by itself?

I think Meta will probably have whoever gets converted will get a PM saying so, and then I assume get an invite to whatever private messaging or Google .doc chat thing the Inquisitor has going.

This whole 'hemalurgy' mechanism will be very nifty and will sow a lot of chaos among us. I can't wait!

Claincy: Have at it. That sounds like fun because I'm likely to forget about it and then remember halfway through the game and have to go back and read all your posts!

Hero: I already have a Google Doc set aside for the Spiked people, just as I did last game (and my spreadsheet and a Dead Doc too). While I like the idea of the lone Inquisitor, slinking in the shadows, unknown even by their allies, I think it would throw off the balance of the game. So yes, all the Spiked players will know each other. 

Edit: Ninja'd on my own rules! You win this round, Gamma!

Edited by Metacognition

Maxill the young recruit who was take on for his skill in hiding and eavesdropping is joining the game. By the way, Meta, this game looks like it will be awesome!

The a Survivor will help us all discover who the evil has taken root in. Praise the Survivor!

Claincy: Have at it. That sounds like fun because I'm likely to forget about it and then remember halfway through the game and have to go back and read all your posts!

Hero: I already have a Google Doc set aside for the Spiked people, just as I did last game (and my spreadsheet and a Dead Doc too). While I like the idea of the lone Inquisitor, slinking in the shadows, unknown even by their allies, I think it would throw off the balance of the game. So yes, all the Spiked players will know each other. 

Edit: Ninja'd on my own rules! You win this round, Gamma!

Excellent  B)

This is going to be awesome :)

The spiked doc was a lot of fun last time  ;)

Can we stipulate that dead players have to post in light gray? It lets the unfortunates keep speculating - call them ghosts.

While that would be fun, similar to the brief 'haunting' we had from one of the dead players whispering about our imminent demise, I think that might end up becoming a distraction or messing with the game in some ways. It's just sometimes some people who are already dead can have some new information they didn't get a chance to tell the group before they died (a seeker dying before be can reveal somebodies role) so that could really change the course of the game.

I do think Meta had some 'heaven' or afterlife .doc set up where dead people were able to chat with each other and talk about the ongoing game, though.

While that would be fun, similar to the brief 'haunting' we had from one of the dead players whispering about our imminent demise, I think that might end up becoming a distraction or messing with the game in some ways. It's just sometimes some people who are already dead can have some new information they didn't get a chance to tell the group before they died (a seeker dying before be can reveal somebodies role) so that could really change the course of the game.

I do think Meta had some 'heaven' or afterlife .doc set up where dead people were able to chat with each other and talk about the ongoing game, though.

Maybe the dead can pass one message per night to a player of their choice, but have to relay it through the GM, who can obscure the identity of the dead, or distort the words, or even block it? The GM could even give hints to the dead, who can try to pass them back to the living - as long as the GM approves.

I would prefer not really. The dead knows everything, as we were showed the document over abilities when we died. Just messess things upp.

Sure, a short haunting maybe, but thats about it.

(The one in the last game, I just wrote cause noone had posted in half a day and the dead were all bored.;)). but nothing that affects the game.

I am suddenly grateful I didn't try working Queen into my name anywhere. That might have been an interesting user title: Queen of Canton.

...Actually...

Er... Anyway... I'd agree for day and night threads. One of the reasons I sort of fell behind last time was that, if you were gone for a long period of time, it became tough to find where your discussion ended and to evaluate everything everyone was saying. Is there anyway to merge topics? If so, maybe we could have Day/Night threads for each phase, and merge them together when the turn is up?