Well if there's still time to join In I would like to participate  :D .

I will be playing as Lam the skaa that takes care of keeping the streets clean from ash, disposes of the corpses that he finds on the streets or that the crew sends his way.

Also I get the feeling that the inquisitor is going to be having a LOT of fun.

I have my suspicious that one of the staff is going to be the inquisitor, after all they sure love their spikes dont they? :mellow:

I have my suspicious that one of the staff is going to be the inquisitor, after all they sure love their spikes dont they? :mellow:

The people from the last game will tell you that I'm a right Machiavellian kind of guy. I'd never make it that easy. ...Or would I? Which cup is the poison in, Sicilian? ;)

The people from the last game will tell you that I'm a right Machiavellian kind of guy. I'd never make it that easy. ...Or would I? Which cup is the poison in, Sicilian? ;)

Upvote just for the Princess Bride reference! Probably one of my all time favorite movies.

Because although everybody knows the classic blunder "never start a land war in Asia" but not many people are aware that you shouldn't go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!  AH HA HA! AH HAHA MWA HAHA! -ugh

OOC: So by choosing a terrisman it got me thinking about how we could incorporate Feruchemy into the game, so I thought up the following role (not at all implying that *I* should be the one to get it, I just throw this out for everyone's consideration. We can include it in this game, or the next, or never. whatever :D ).

Keeper of Terris

The Keeper of Terris has discovered a strange new metal which can store the power of Democracy. Each cycle during the day phase, the Keeper can choose from one of three options:

1: Do not use his power. Nothing changes.

2: He can fill a metalmind by secretly notifying the GM. If he does, his vote does not count that round (though he may still go through all the motions of voting), and he receives 1 infused metalmind. There is no limit to the number of infused metalminds he can hold. He begins the game with 0 infused metalminds. 

3: Before the vote has been finalized, he can tap any number of infused metalminds by notifying the GM. Each tapped metalmind increases the strength of his vote by 1. He can still only vote for 1 person.

For example, Feruchemist Frank spends the first three days storing metalminds, receiving one infused metalmind each day, and his votes do not count those days. On the fourth day however, Frank votes for Hemalurgist Henry, and decides to tap all 3 of his infused metalminds, and so his vote counts as 4 votes against Henry.

Could be fun. What do you think?  :D 

@Meta, It's in the vessel with the pestle!

The flagon with the dragon holds the brew which is true!

@Mailliw :)

Edit: @Hero, I like it. I think we could totally swing it as a duraluminmind. It's close enough right?

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

OOC: So by choosing a terrisman it got me thinking about how we could incorporate Feruchemy into the game, so I thought up the following role (not at all implying that *I* should be the one to get it, I just throw this out for everyone's consideration. We can include it in this game, or the next, or never. whatever :D ).

Keeper of Terris

The Keeper of Terris has discovered a strange new metal which can store the power of Democracy. Each cycle during the day phase, the Keeper can choose from one of three options:

1: Do not use his power. Nothing changes.

2: He can fill a metalmind by secretly notifying the GM. If he does, his vote does not count that round (though he may still go through all the motions of voting), and he receives 1 infused metalmind. There is no limit to the number of infused metalminds he can hold. He begins the game with 0 infused metalminds.

3: Before the vote has been finalized, he can tap any number of infused metalminds by notifying the GM. Each tapped metalmind increases the strength of his vote by 1. He can still only vote for 1 person.

For example, Feruchemist Frank spends the first three days storing metalminds, receiving one infused metalmind each day, and his votes do not count those days. On the fourth day however, Frank votes for Hemalurgist Henry, and decides to tap all 3 of his infused metalminds, and so his vote counts as 4 votes against Henry.

Could be fun. What do you think? :D

Honestly, that sounds quite overpowered, or useless depending. I would make it so the Feruchemist can never vote more than twice. Another feruchemical ability?

Gold(blood maker): One night, you store. Any attack this night is deadly, if a lurcher protects you, you still only have a 75% chance of surviving the attack. The preceding nights, you get the same ability as the Thug: survive an attack.

Bronze(sentry):You spend a day and night turn unable to perform any actions or vote, but can choose to either kill or protect someone any turn afterwards.

Pewter(brute): you can sacrifice a vote for the ability to kill a single member after you die.

Aluminium(Soulbearer): the"democracy" effect.

Others. Basically, these all involve risk, losing actions, or both, and the feruchemist can only store or tap once per cycle. Therefor, despite his versatile repertoire, the feruchemist will only end up using a few abilities depending on the situation, and gets his vote cut out often.

In other words, he is quiet, unassuming, and deadly when he needs to be. Just like the Terris stewards!

I, too, have thought about using Feruchemical elements in future game rules. Should we start another thread to discuss possible future game variants?

Just for the sake of preventing this thread from getting long and more cluttered up than need be?

Ask and you shall receive. This is an excellent idea in the first place. It takes the burden off of just the GM to come up with roles and pools our creativity for the betterment of all games! I've set up a pinned thread (so we don't lose it during games) specifically to discuss and debate new roles being created. Wonderful idea, Gamma! I'd upvote you twice if I could!

Honestly, that sounds quite overpowered, or useless depending. 

Actually, I thought about that and think it would be pretty balanced. Here is why: it would put a lot of pressure on the Feruchemist to have good timing. Early in the game, as he stores up votes, he's going to be pretty useless. Later in the game, when he taps all those votes he'll be awesome. The trick is, after 2 or 3 days of storing, people WILL start figuring out who the Keeper is and want to target him. The Keeper would have to pay attention and use his stored votes quickly before he gets found out and killed. Yes, he runs the risk of dying before using any stored votes, which would be sad for him, but if he can survive long enough for his super-vote? Awesome.  :D

Plus its simple, easy to understand, and you only have to remember the one power. No point in making the game more complicated than it has to be.

Edit: we could still put a limit on the number of invested metalminds if we want, say 1-3, though really, I don't think it will be necessary. The nature of the game should be such that the Keeper will never want to store more than that for fear of dying and losing all the votes.

Edited by Herowannabe

Oh dear. Let my rambling a here be a warning for future generations to behold: do not invoke the five minutes rule when you're exhausted.

Does anyone know what the tags used to change text colour are? I write posts in the quick reply box at the bottom, and it's a pain to go back and edit colours in when I could just type it as I go.

No, not the Bro-Code, it makes you invicible in a game about trust.

Also Swimmingly you did not compromise you improved.

And while I´m at it I could mention that the plan is for Eddy to somewhat touchy on the toppic of the survivor, cause, ya know, silbling that died in the mists.

Anyway, might our page count prosper, until infinity and beyond.

OK, since I've just given up all pretence of actually doing something productive tonight, I've decided to compose a list of this rounds participants.

Aether had always been slightly... off. He would, from time to time, manically throw himself at some passing interest, methodically and meticulously collecting every single piece of information about the subject. Recently, he had taken upon himself the rather maddening prospect of counting and collecting information about every inhabitant of Urteau!

It had taken time, but the work was finally done. Lists, lists, LISTS, Aether screamed silently to himself as he nailed up copies of the completed list all over the town square:

"By the will of the Survior, I, Aether, have composed a list of the inhabitants of Urteau. Read it and feel comforted by knowing who Thy neighbour is:

• Gamma Fiend is Gamon, local game-maker and a notorious Casanova.
  • bartbug is Barty Spiked, who is absolutely not spiked, but quite possibly a madman.
  • Windrunner is... Windrunner?
  • WeiryWriter is Weiry, a lookout.
  • Awesomeness summoned is Wes, a pick-pocket. By the way, his post sounded hilariously but unintentionally dirty!
  • 213 is Digits, the (I presume) local doctor.
  • Swimmingly is Shimble Leice, a lesser and rather quirky nobleman.
  • PorridgeBrick is Ridge, an expert climber and a wannabe Cassanova.
  • Alvron is Names Vron, a Shady alchemist.
  • Serendipity is Seran, former assassin.
  • Kurkistan is Kukri, a Jaist.
  • Myself as Aether, adept of the Church of the Survivor.
  • loganmathewjohnson as Mathieu, a lesser noble with an Eastern slang.
  • AonarFaileas is Aonar, an ex hazekiller.
  • princess is Cessie, noblewoman.
  • Herowannabe is Herwynbe, former Terris Steward, and somewhat full of himself. (kidding!)
  • dyring is Dyring the innkeeper. Somewhat full of himself.
  • Edgedancer is Eddy. A drunk.
  • lord Claincy Ffnor is Fnord, a self-proclaimed expert on stealth. Speaks words few people can hear.
  • Quiver is Lord Ollivier, Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy.
  • Mailliw73 is Maxill, wannabe spy and a Survivorist.
  • Robot Aztec is Roban, the bartender.
  • little wilson is Wilson.
  • Shivertongue is Shiv, a scary guy with an Eastern slang. a cheerfully scary guy with an Eastern slang and a tendency toward kleptomania
  • Alaxel is Alax, an ex Survivorist.
  • jasonpenguin is Peng, an orhpan.
  • Leonardus is Lam, the Sweeper of Streets.
  • Grayv is Grave, a former twixt and and a Jaist.
  • luckat is Lucy, a vindictive and shadowy victim of the Inquisitors.
  • Aspren is Aspren, supply and requisitions officer."

Finally finished, he took a few steps back to quietly admire his work. Maybe I should make a list of my lists, too?

EDIT: List updated according to the latest participant.

EDIT 2: List updated according to the latest corrections.

Edited by Aether
Wasing the having to exact for the scratch...