Sanderson Elimination: Questions & Answers and Game Meta Discussion

Metacognition

• 2 months later...

Alright, I'm taking the plunge.

How do I join :D?

Well, I'm afraid there are no games about to start at the moment, but some will start opening signups soon. Our current Long Game is almost over, so the next of that will probably be up in about a week or so.

Also, +1 Card, +1 Gold.

Well, I'm afraid there are no games about to start at the moment, but some will start opening signups soon. Our current Long Game is almost over, so the next of that will probably be up in about a week or so.

Also, +1 Card, +1 Gold.

Darn :(

I'm glad you get the reference ;)

Don't worry, the game that just started up is a 'Quick Fix' length game, so those tend to not last too long. We usually have a faster pace of games being started, but we've recently slowed down just a little bit due to the busy time of the year. But like I said, a new game will be starting up before too long. Once a new game starts, all you need to do is post and sign-up!

Until then, feel free to pop over into the Art of Game Creation Thread to take a look at what kind of ideas people have been coming up with for their different games, you can browse through the past games that have played to see all of the fun RP and shenanigans, and don't forget to peruse the Elimination Games Etiquette Policy! Looking forward to having you in future games!

• 4 months later...

I am aware of that option, the disadvantage is that it notifies you for every thread rather than just every game, and that could get a little annoying. Especially if we do get to a point where we have multiple games running at a time. It is certainly an option though.

I'd personally love to see a list, I know that you were thinking of it over six months ago but I think it would be useful

The easiest Way to make that List is to have the GM's announce their Games in this very Thread, and tell people to follow this thread. IF people don't want to do that, I could just make a Mass PM with anyone who doesn't check the Forums as religiously As I do. Or a mod could take that responsibility.

• 5 weeks later...

So, I have a suggestion for all the spec docs, and mafia docs, etc. When I was on a separate forum, we used www.quicktopic.com, where you can set up a comment thread that only certain people can see. It's free to create an account, and it can be much easier to use with lots of people because you don't run out of colors to use. 

Edited by mail-mi

I've been thinking about the Rioter role and have an idea. I thought I'd post it here for you guys to use if you wish. I've never really liked how the typical Rioter role works. Rioting doesn't change someone's emotions, it enhances them, and it doesn't remove the Rioter's emotions. So my idea was that the Rioter would cause someone's vote to be counted as double instead of changed. Another idea is that the Rioter could choose which type of Rioting they wanted to do: Enhancing someone's emotions or tweaking them. Either way, I don't see why their vote should be lost. Just an idea if you want it.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite the amount of trouble this current game has started to cause me, I am beginning to see why people GM.  I would really appreciate it if I was signed up to be a Long Game GM, with the Game yet to be announced

The person responsible for the banners is very busy in real life at the moment and so isn't making them available to everyone... Yet. Stay tuned for a couple weeks or months- when life gets more manageable the phantom graphic artist will begin taking public requests for banners. (And no it's not me).

• 2 weeks later...

Holy thread re-purposing, Batman! :ph34r:

For those who are unaware, there is a new section of the Forums where all members can do Reddit-style AMAs, and we Sanderson Elimination Mods decided to join the fun, and posted an AMA: SE Mod Edition!

We feel like this thread can be a good place to help address any questions or anything any players might have for us about the games, the sub-forum, or just anything about us as individuals! So feel free to pop on over there and ask all those burning questions! :D

• 2 weeks later...