Sanderson Elimination: Questions & Answers and Game Meta Discussion

Metacognition

Edit: I totally get that Sanderson Elimination is still in it's relative infancy. It's remarkably well set up already. I just want this to be the best it can be. :)

Thank you so much for all the understanding replies! The awesome community here is what keeps me around. :D

This is all pretty much nitpicking, but I've seen similar games on other forums that got out of hand pretty quickly before things like this were in place.

Perhaps a sort of temporary "sign up" thread or something would help. A place where a GM could post all the starting information beforehand, and people could request to be a part.

For example, a GM could start a new thread in the section. They'd post the basic scene, possible rolls, etc. a day or two before the game would actually begin. This would allow everyone ample time to apply to get in, the GM to send out everyone's roll, and keep all the initial setup in one seperate place. It'd also allow time for people to sort out any balancing issues or the like. 

It'd solve the problem of going through pages of setup before the game even starts for those playing and for those just following along.

I know it's not needed, but I think it would help streamline games, setup, and this forum in general. :)

Edited by bridgerald

For example, a GM could start a new thread in the section. They'd post the basic scene, possible rolls, etc. a day or two before the game would actually begin. This would allow everyone ample time to apply to get in, the GM to send out everyone's roll, and keep all the initial setup in one seperate place. It'd also allow time for people to sort out any balancing issues or the like. 

This is exactly what we do. Signups usually last a week.

You... are totally right. I feel sheepish. Thanks for not crushing my skull. I've been reading through the games chronologically, and haven't gotten to 6 yet. In hindsight, I obviously should have payed more attention. Totally my bad, and I'll do much better from now on. :)

Just another thought. If people want I will set up a ListTM in a new thread that's a mailing list of sorts. So people can post in the thread asking to be added to (or removed from) the list and whenever recruitment for a new game starts up I'll shoot a pm to everyone on the list to let them know. I look here at least a couple of times a day even when I am not actively playing (generally due to being dead) so I wouldn't have a problem getting it done shortly after the games went up. I think this could help prevent people from missing recruitment. I would also include a quick description of the game in the pm for those who don't play in most games, but would like to stay informed in case one took their fancy.

What do people think? Would this be useful?

I think it would be, but I am wrong on occasion ; )

Just another thought. If people want I will set up a ListTM in a new thread that's a mailing list of sorts. So people can post in the thread asking to be added to (or removed from) the list and whenever recruitment for a new game starts up I'll shoot a pm to everyone on the list to let them know. I look here at least a couple of times a day even when I am not actively playing (generally due to being dead) so I wouldn't have a problem getting it done shortly after the games went up. I think this could help prevent people from missing recruitment. I would also include a quick description of the game in the pm for those who don't play in most games, but would like to stay informed in case one took their fancy.

What do people think? Would this be useful?

I think it would be, but I am wrong on occasion ; )

I just follow the the sub-forum, so I get a notification whenever a new thread goes up.

One suggestion: Can the prospective GMs put a short description of their game after their spot in the queue. I just want to know what's coming down the pipeline.

Also: Sign me up to run a Quick-Fix/Mid-Range game. It's the Rithmatist Elimination game I've been working on. Let me know which format will need more GMs, and I can just the rules accordingly.

I just follow the the sub-forum, so I get a notification whenever a new thread goes up.

I am aware of that option, the disadvantage is that it notifies you for every thread rather than just every game, and that could get a little annoying. Especially if we do get to a point where we have multiple games running at a time. It is certainly an option though.

• 4 weeks later...

I was waiting for the MR-series to be rolled out :P

If I still have one or two final sets of tweaks to be made, can I still apply to run my Scadrial game as an MR? (I put it down as QF in the Game Creation thread, but I've been thinking of going for a 48 hour cycle, which would automatically shift it to MR. And I'm adding one or two things. As I said, tweaks >> )

Edit: I also find this new and improved rule format to ah, have more personality than the last one ;)

Edited by Kasimir

Let us know where you want it to be placed and we'll add you to the GM list! The MR list isn't empty, it's just that we didn't have a place for MR GMs till now! As such, they're peppering the QF GM list right now. We're in the process of getting that sorted out right now. 

This post is where I will be putting my QF Legion rules for review and discussion (so moderators feel free to link here. Still working out a lot of details, but this is what I'm thinking:

Each player is one of Stephen Leeds' aspects. The game is set in Stephen's mansion, with all of his aspects and his butler (whose name I can't remember right now) hanging out. Some of those aspects have gone madder than others, and have turned against Stephen, trying to drive him insane and take over his mind. In game terms, it will work just like Meta's QF2 game, where the mutineers had to "vote out" the captain. The corrupted aspects win if they can get succeed in "voting to lynch" Stephen.

At the beginning of the game each player will pick his aspect's name, area of specialty, and unique mental illness. This will all be pretty much for roleplay purposes.

However, there will be a handful of roles and powers spread amongst the group. I haven't decided what roles/powers/mechanics I want to use yet, so I'll pose the question to all of you. Any ideas?

EIDT: I finally got around to posting rules for this game, but because it's been so long I posted them in a new post, which you can find here.

Edited by Herowannabe

Whoops, posted in the wrong place. At least I can turn this into something useful - You can link my game's rules in the Game Creation thread, since I'm running them :P

Also, please add me to the MR list, with my current idea (though it needs reviewing and fixing first).

Edited by Wyrmhero

So I finally got around to reading all the rules and stuff, how soon will a game be starting?

Why, a new game has just started right now... (or the signups have, rather. It will actually begin next week)

• 1 month later...