Sanderson Elimination: Questions & Answers and Game Meta Discussion

Metacognition

Can I hit the QF waiting list? I'll be running Lord of the Rings games, with my first being Terror in Minas Tirith, a game that straddles the line between QF and MR. More information on the game can be found on page 38 of "The Art of Game Creation" thread.

• 2 weeks later...

So, while I was waiting for people to show up for cards against humanity, I was in the SE Discord chat. After seeing El use a PAFO card, that got me thinking: Wouldn't it be awesome if we had a SE themed set the way we have one for the Cosmere?

(Sorry if this is off topic. I know this isn't a game or a signup, but I couldn't think of a better spot.)

Just now, I_am_a_Stick said:

Okay wow XD. I just kinda tried to read all those rules back on the first page <--

I would love to try out one of these Sanderson Elimination things but they're just super-complicated and totally

image.jpeg

*slowly backs out of thread*

My.reaction.EXACTLY.

9 minutes ago, Daniyah said:

My.reaction.EXACTLY.

Well, I mean you should try one once. If you do have any doubts, we'll totally eat you up (not really though. We'll first gladly answer them and then totally eat you up :D)

It's always fun to have newer players join, you see? And a big rules page shouldn't really bother you. None of the games are really 'complicated' once you get the basics of it. There's usually an eliminator (mafia) faction and a village faction. Various roles are distributed among both factions and basically, that's it. We just give everything fancy names. :P

Either way, it's up to you, @Daniyah and @I_am_a_Stick. You're welcome any time. In fact,  we have a game in the signup stage right now, if you're interested.

1 minute ago, Mark IV said:

Well, I mean you should try one once. If you do have any doubts, we'll totally eat you up (not really though. We'll first gladly answer them and then totally eat you up :D)

It's always fun to have newer players join, you see? And a big rules page shouldn't really bother you. None of the games are really 'complicated' once you get the basics of it. There's usually an eliminator (mafia) faction and a village faction. Various roles are distributed among both factions and basically, that's it. We just give everything fancy names. :P

Either way, it's up to you, @Daniyah and @I_am_a_Stick. You're welcome any time. In fact,  we have a game in the signup stage right now, if you're interested.

Uh *sweats in nervousness* sure :) 

10 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

I'd love to :) now that you've offered, I'll probably bombard you with questions. So which one is it?

Edited by Daniyah

8 minutes ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Uh *sweats in nervousness* sure :) 

Len's breakdown (for a Quick Fix, the easiest game type):

• The players are divided into good guys "village" and bad guys "eliminators or elims"
  • The bad guys have a Google Doc to scheme in that the good guys can't see
  • Each round, the bad guys tell the GM who they want to kill
  • Each round, everyone votes on who they want to kill
  • After the round ends, the GM tells everyone about who died and what they were
  • Then it repeats: the bad guys choose another target, and everyone votes to lynch someone else
  • Some people have special abilities, but don't let that concern you too much

Thanks! @Elbereth @Mark IV

14 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Len's breakdown (for a Quick Fix, the easiest game type):

• The players are divided into good guys "village" and bad guys "eliminators or elims"
  • The bad guys have a Google Doc to scheme in that the good guys can't see
  • Each round, the bad guys tell the GM who they want to kill
  • Each round, everyone votes on who they want to kill
  • After the round ends, the GM tells everyone about who died and what they were
  • Then it repeats: the bad guys choose another target, and everyone votes to lynch someone else
  • Some people have special abilities, but don't let that concern you too much

So two people die each round?