Sanderson Elimination: Questions & Answers and Game Meta Discussion

Metacognition

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible that I can be added to the LG list for late October 2016? :P

This is for the Nalthis game, right? Because I've got you on the list for that one. I can't guarantee that you'll be up in late Oct 2016, but if you're not, you can always see if the GMs ahead of you will pass in lieu of you, since that's themed. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

It pains me to admit that I didn't come to this forum solely to expound upon the greatness of Brandon Sanderson. In fact, I largely joined this forum because of my older brother, who plays Sanderson Elimination here. I've read quite a few of the past games, and heard quite a bit from him about the forum and the people in general.

Heck, I feel like I know some of you already, so you better live up to your reputations!

Anyway, I'll be signing up for the MR, but thought it would be a good idea to sort of introduce myself to y'all before the in-game trickery begins (lol who am I fooling? I'm just a tall drink of--y'know that pun isn't even funny to me anymore, and this parenthetical has gone on too long) and you all distrust me. So:

Hello. I am Water, a tasteless, odorless, (ideally) transparent liquid. I have killed more people in my life than anyone else here. Just sayin'. I didn't choose the thug life. #thugwater

P.S. Don't even bother asking who my brother is. :P It will remain a secret. :)

• 3 weeks later...

(Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I wanted to get the word spread to my fellow Sanderson Eliminators (Sanderson Eliminationers? Sanderson Eliminatists?) Practionioners of the Art of Sanderson Elimination.

@Moderators: If there is a better place for this post, feel free to move it or delete it as necessary).

I just wanted to let everyone know that one week from today I will be starting a Mistborn Adventure Game campaign in Salt Lake City, UT, open to anyone who wants to come. Plus, thanks to Crafty-Games, people who play will get a free set of Mistborn Allomancy dice.

So if you live in/near Salt Lake City and are even remotely interested in playing some Mistborn RPG and/or want some awesome Mistborn dice for free, you should check out this post. :)

Edited by Herowannabe

• 2 weeks later...

As Joe so succinctly put, anyone and everyone can run a game. We have a list of people who have already signed up in the post below the General Rules thread and we try to go in order. That doesn't mean that some jumping around hasn't happened and all of our GMs have been very accommodating when it comes to letting someone run their game during a time that best fits for the person. 

You can either have your name added to the list by posting where Joe directed you or you can PM one of us Mods and we'll get you added to the list. We have group PMs set up for our GMs as well, so that new GMs can get advice and tips from people who have already been through the process; so you won't just be going in blind. 

All in all, we've strived to make things as welcoming and easy on people who want to GM as possible. Their job isn't an easy one and without them, there wouldn't be nearly as many or as amazing of games to play! :)

• 2 weeks later...