Meta's traditionally been God of Death - I added God of Creation to that as well since it worked in that precise moment - for without Meta, who brought forum Mafia to the Shard, there would be no Wilson, or Orlok, or Maill as we recognise them. But it didn't really stick, and I wasn't all that consistent with it in the RP I did that game, so I just muddied the waters, which I regret - if there's ever a game like that again, I'll make sure to be much more consistent about whatever I choose to do, but in the meantime... God of Death is a fitting title for Meta.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

SE players at GMs: 

Hide contents

3ds9a4.jpg

Nothing brought this on, I promise :P :ph34r: Someone shared the lecturer/deadlines thing again on my feed, and I thought it was appropriate.

I’ve done this twice now in the last 3 games I’ve played. :ph34r:

Sorry, not sorry. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The cycle Mat got lynched QF46, I expected to get lynched next. So I wrote this.

Mist for lynchee C5! Running mate: @Vapor. Make this expedition great again! I promise if I am elected, I will die and my alignment will be revealed! If you're red party, vote for me! My name is often red! Blue party, why not eliminate someone not from your party!

We already know how well Vapor completed the same campaign promises that I make. As my running mate, she can help me fulfill those promises. Since we are siblings, we will have effective communication.

My name is Mist and I approve this message. This message paid for by the Mist for Lynchee Foundation. 

Haikus from QF46 C7. Probably shouldn't have been posting them at that point. Also on The Last Post Wins!

People will not trust.

It makes sense. Trust is broken.

I mourn victory.

Remember that time

But wait, not that one, or then

I see your reasons.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a short parody of a section in Mistborn:

"Your first lesson," Kelsier said, strolling down the street, Vin trailing along beside him, "isn't about Allomancy, but attitude." He swept his hand forward. "This, Vin. This is ours. The day, the lynch - they belong to us. Most sharders avoid voting as if it were death. Some RPers talk during the day, but they fear it nonetheless. Admins feign nonchalance, but the lynch makes them uncomfortable.

He turned, regarding her. "The lynch is your friend, Vin. It hides you, it protects you...and it gives you power."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From AG7:

The Bloodthirsty Goddess issued a challenge to memorialise the devouring of Ocho, Last Supper-style. I am not a skilled artist, so I presented this meme:

Spoiler

thelastsupperbig.thumb.png.e73c12a4e0fa807d50a59137e200e0ca.png

Riddles

Riddle #1:

The new queen rises fire-crowned
Village fool, the evil oathbound
Vengeance for the shadow-hamed
Fameshield, and water-named.

Spoiler

Wilson. Line 1 refers to her gaining the title Brightness Ascendant ("rises"), she was Queen ("queen, crowned") and burned during the Fires of Elantris (LG12.) Line 2 refers to her playing Witless in LG6, and binding evil Padan Fain (myself) with an agreement in that same game. Alternatively, this refers to Wilson's notorious gullibility as a Villager in early games, as well as her sense of honour as an Evil player. The third line refers to the period when Wilson was on a vengeance crusade for those Evil players who fooled/manipulated her as Village, e.g. Claincy in the AG. The first half of the fourth line refers to Wilson's using her rep as a shield for her role in QF40b, and the second half of the fourth line refers either to Wilson's actual name, or her MR8 character, Brightness Katara.

Riddle #2:

Lightsired, lightsworn
With eldritch chains
The hidden turncoat
The darkeyed-bane
Word-weaver weaving words
Honouring the slain.

Spoiler

Ren. Lines 1 and 2 refer to LG6, where Ren was a Whitecloak with an eldritch Cellar(THE CELLAR REIGNS!) that could detain just about anything and had laser hedgehogs or something of that sort. The Cellar(THE CELLAR REIGNS!) quickly became a dead doc meme as Ren was killed D1 that game. Lines 3 and 4 refer to how Ren betrayed the darkeyes faction in MR1 (under a boon/curse from the Nightwatcher) and his betrayal was not realised until the end of the game. Lines 5 - 6 refer to Ren RPing as a bad ketek poet in MR4, and even memorialised the final Spy (Twei) in exchange for her outing herself.

Riddle #3:

Noble blood and common clay
Master archer comes forth at day
Walking shadow wreathed in lies
Worlds-ruler, a magician sly
Lifegiver wantonly slain
Twice-divine, a brother’s bane.

Spoiler

Wyrm. Line 1 refers to the mix of Wyrm's characters - the noble/royal Herons, both on Scadrial and Roshar, and his smuggler/PI/blacksmith characters (e.g. MR2, AG3, AG.) Line 2 refers to Wyrm emerging during the day in LG5 after having shot me (or another Ghostblood) with his Grandbow. Line 3 refers to his stint as a Forgotten in MR3, though it could also refer to his noir RP as an Evil player in AG3. Line 4 can refer to either the fact a number of his characters are involved in rulership or governance, or his celebrated career as a GM, whereas "a magician sly" refers to his Tineye stage magician ("The Amazing Wyrm") in AG2. Line 5 refers to his being forced to give up his Breath in LG4 or get executed, whereas Line 6 ("twice divine") refers to Wyrm's two Returned characters (LG4, QF9), and "a brothe's bane" refers to me getting backstabbed and slain by my bro in LG5 and MR1 >>

Riddle #4:

Fire-kissed the subtle knife
Brightbane, and Foeglinter
Bone-Eater with cunning lures
Votespinner defying hours
Kingsfriend of an elder race
Fancyflown, delirium-dazed.

Spoiler

Burnt. Line 1 refers to LG12 - Burnt pinch-hit for Kipper and kept a low profile as an Elim ("the subtle knife") but was killed at the end as the Elantrians came out with fireballs ("fire-kissed"), though it could also refer to her name ("Burnt.") Line 2 refers to Burnt soliciting a write-up strike on Wilson from me ("Bright(ness)bane"), with "Foeglinter" referring to her attacking Wilson through me with glitter. Line 3 refers to LG15b where Burnt was part of a WGG/Burnt the Seeker gambit as an Elim kandra. Line 4 refers to LG21, where Burnt was essentially a one-woman execution due to her vote manipulation powers. Line 5 refers to LG38b, where Burnt's elf aided my uncrowned Heir of Isildur into getting elected to the Fellowship of the Ring over Striker. The last line has a Burnt vibe, but can also refer to her stint as Whimsy in AG7.

Riddle #5:

Uncrowned king, war-famed
Thieftaker turned Shadowbane
Ravenlord, spear-riddler
Herb-wisdom, and name-giver
Counselor of kings, the silver-tongued
Kingkiller and thrice-slain.

Spoiler

Kas. It me. Line 1 refers to LG38b, where I played a Captain of Gondor who was actually the Heir of Isildur in disguise, and El and I had fun seeding the careful reveals through RP and the write-up. Line 2 refers to LG6, where I played Good Guy Kaim Fain, a thief-taker infected by Mashadar, who later showed up due to the Horn of Valere to fight Shadowspawn on behalf of the Village. Line 3 refers to MR4, where I played Kaddar, a one-eyed spearman with warchickens, and a fondness for riddles who also happened to be the King's Wit. Line 4 refers to my AG apothecary, Kassien ("herb-wisdom"), and name-giver my tendency to bestow names upon players ("Kalebane", "Wyrm'alor", "Cursor of Doom".) Line 5 refers to the fact my characters have taken advisory roles with respect to Wyrm's, and "silver-tongued" the fact that some people think I can be hella persuasive sometimes maybe. Line 6 refers to the fact both Khas (LG5) and Kwai (MR7) have killed kings, whereas "thrice-slain" can refer either to the fact that Kasimar (MR1) was hit by three kills in one cycle, or that Wyrm has killed me three times (technically four) - LG5, MR1, LG28 (technically I was going to be killed LG7 one way or another.)

Riddle #6:

Wisdom-shield in common guise
Star-crowned queen of darkened skies
Swiftshot in morning, House-destroyer
Herb-daughter steeped in lore
Killing blade in starless night
Mist-wreathed hidden in plain sight.

Spoiler

El. Line 1 refers to either her previous profile picture, or the fact she was the Reform Spy's Handler and very well hidden in QF40b. Line 2 refers to the fact her username comes from Elbereth Starkindler in Lord of the Rings. Line 3 refers to her destruction of House Venture in LG23, where she beat Sart to the doc and accused him of being Evil and then got him killed. Line 4 refers to her AG2 character, who was Kassien the Apothecary's apprentice. Line 5 refers to her stint in LG61 as, to quote Fifth, "A Shardblade-wielding Elbereth hell-bent on murder." Line 6 refers to her opening salvo as a Mistborn who skated under the radar in LG15b.

Riddle #8:

Earth-clad scuttle in war-scion’s wake
Fool-friend falls, the highborn blade
Branch-sorrow mantled, light-death garbed
Stalwart-warder, hordemaster-bane
Merry the mien of longnight-herald
Lightfoot warden, the captain-foe
Foe-mazed radiant, in wound-bays wends
Hate-hooded radiant, thy foes were friends.

Spoiler

Fifth. Lines 1 and 2 refers to Fifth's stint in LG49, where his ostracisation led to chulls being released in the palace, and his friendship with the Wit, He was playing Adolin Kholin, or "the highborn blade." Lines 3 and 4 refer to his wings of fire and shadow, as a protector, and as the angel Kirel, who went toe-to-toe with the Scraeling Master, Devotary, in MR29. Lines 5 and 6 refer to his Evil character, the hobbit sheriff Robin in MR38b, who ended up crossing verbal swords with my Captain of Gondor, Aranmir. Lines 7-8 refer to his Bondsmith in AG4, who was pocketed and got a decent chunk of the Village misexecuted.

Riddle #10:

Wisdom falls at the first of night
World-lords’ terror, Name-giver’s bane
A second time is swiftly slain
Mob-shelter, fury-broken
Love’s labour lost to killing blight
Vengeance for the fallen paid.
Foe-hammer seeks where they hide
Three found, but woe-red the tide.

Spoiler

Striker. Lines 1 and 2 refer to Striker being the Reform Spy in LG40a, which kind of threw me and Hael, the co-GMs, for a huge loop when he 'died' C1 (it's complicated), ending the game. The second re-run of the game, he was killed very early on, earning the title 'Shield of the Lynch' (this was 2019 I believe.) Lines 5 - 6 refer to MR43, where he was the cosmetic role of Lord Talbot Oswin's Former Flame and then died to the Killers, but took out one of them with him. Lines 7-8 refer to an AG where he found three Elims but died in the process.

Edited by Kasimir

So I made some pretty poggers graphs in the AG and ya know they definitely need to be seen and appreciated much more mhmm so here they are for you all to appreciate them :P. We're not gonna talk about how graph 2 is most definitely a stretch okay I just wanted to draw a pony ;-;

Spoiler

graphy.PNG.32699f967a43df1a9b865259ca065dc1.PNG

Spoiler

grappp.PNG.566ece3da7899b69fef72e37afde744d.PNG

Spoiler

grapy.PNG.97c0ba00aa79e5d198def830375a2414.PNG

and also posting this here so no one can somehow use this to blackmail me *couch* TJ *couch*

Spoiler

RP from AG7, the cycle after I accidentally...misread...my...GMPM...And...thoughtiwasanelantrianwheniwasanelisian OKAY THEY BOTH LOOK THE SAAAAME ;-;
anyways kinda messed up the whole...plan...but yeah. >>

Was this the place?

The sign was a bit worn down, but comparing it to what he has wrote down on the napkin, he was...pretty sure? it was the right place?

He entered and was surprised to find it crowded. how was anyone supposed to have a secret meeting here? where anyone could be listening? tables so close together, not the cleanest place either. Now that definitely reminded him of home.

He saw them in the back, he was pretty sure, two people sitting at a booth. there was nothing different about them-well, not much, but he definitely felt a Connection to the woman, for some reason. He tried to organize his thoughts as he walked over. It was such a stupid mistake.

As he got to the table, the Woman looked up at him.

"Come have a seat."

No one moved, but they were both staring at him strangely.  Why were they- Oh! he had said that. They were already sitting, probably had been for a little while already. He felt even more stupid as he pulled up a char from a nearby table.

"So, what did you find out last night?" The man said, taking a drink from something that didn't seem like water.

"OH! right, uh. yeah. What I learned last night! yes. I learned so much. Many lessons. All the things." Remy looked down at his notes but realized they had turned into a crumpled ball of paper. The man took something out from one of his pockets and started rolling it between his fingers. A...vial? of something? Remy hurriedly tried to straighten the paper out, the two strangers still looking at him strangely, and his eyes still watching what seemed to be a vial of poison that the man was playing with.

Remy shrank a little in his seat.

Inventory checklist:

- Prudence

- Elisian

- Courier

"So, uh," Remy slid further down in his seat, pushing the paper slowly toward them, watching the man still fiddle with the little vial of Poison. "It seems I, uh,might have made, a...hopefully? not so fatal? mistake?"

Edited by Illwei

I did these meme comics in the style of Polandball ("Returnedball") ages ago for QF9 so it references lots of game events and is deliberately...meme as all heck :P

Ancient history right now, but memes are art, right?

Spoiler

Returnedball.png Returnedball2.png Returned3.png Returnedball4.png Returnedball5.png

If there's one thing you need to take away from this comic... Don't trust the guy in red and white. As the Village learned to their horror ;) 

Edit: Oh. Looking at the aftermath thread and the dead/spec doc, I don't think I ever claimed it. Well, then. Six years later - hi, it me, your renegade meme artist :P 

Edited by Kasimir

Because I'm a veritable wellspring of memes, I shall audaciously doublepost to present you this masterpiece, as a joint effort from the Dulabros (Wyrm's idea, my Photoshop skills) :

Optimism when you're GMing and something goes terribly awry, as it always does:

Spoiler

obiwankasobi.png.e6e28a3d680f570db544002e93e07fe8.png

This is the way :ph34r:

Edited by Kasimir

• 3 weeks later...

So, another SE meme for you :P Credit to Wyrm for suggesting the edit.

Spoiler

basicallydead.thumb.png.b58dc307b8e6a9e9b48e07feacdde997.png

I also did up a Bohemian Rhapsody parody on Day 5 of Sart's LG73, when I was considering going for the gun. I knew it was a potentially suicidal and reckless move, but I felt so tired and I thought I knew what Alv's plan was, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Here's what Sart got from me, in my orders:

Spoiler

Might regret this, but:

Day 5 - Kasimir - Orders

• Go for the gun.

Is this a good move
Is this just Kas crazy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality

Open your eyes
Look at all the votes and see
I'm just a poor lad
I need no one sheeping
Because I'm easy come, easy go
Little high, little low
And this analysis, doesn't come easily to me, to me.

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger now he's dead
Mama, the Night had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away

Village, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not here this side of the rollover
Carry on, carry on
'Cause we know my death didn't matter

Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Fearing NKs all the time
Goodbye, everybody - I've got to go
Gotta find your own suspicions for the lynch

Village, ooo
I don't wanna die
Sometimes I wish I'd never joined at all

I see a charcoal shadow hidden in a man
Forgotten, forgotten
Will you overrun us now?
So many wild chalklings - very very frightening me
Line of Warding! Line of Warding! 
Line of Warding! Line of Warding!
Line of Warding! Use acid - bucket crew go!

But I'm just a poor lad and all on my lonesome
He's just a poor lad who once got tricked by Wyrm
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come, easy go, will you let me live
Forgotten! No, we will not let you live - let him live!
Will not let you live - let him live (never)
Never let you live - let him live
Never let you live - ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no-
Oh, out of chalk now, out of chalk now, out of chalk now let me live
The camp supplies has a motherlode of chalk for me
For me
For me

So you think you can kill me while taking the gun
So you think you can bus me and leave me to die
Oh, Village, can't do this to me Village
Just gotta get out - gotta get right outta here

Oooh, yeah, oooh yeah,
Warding really matters
Anyone can see
Warding really matters - Warding really matters to us

Any way the lynch goes....

I can neither confirm nor deny having actually sung it a few times despite having a singing voice that could kill trees (so yeah, we know who's not gonna be doing this for KKC) :P This is the one Elan and TJ were referring to in the dead doc, yeah.

15 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

To help Kas not quadruple-post in the future:

Hide contents

4z3a3h.jpg

4z392b.jpg

... too soon? :P

If my SE experience / memory is anything to judge by, you're well on your way to becoming a millionaire. I can think of at least four examples off the top of my head (MR29 foremost among them). Poor Devotary. :P 

Credit to @Wyrmhero for this, I just did light editing and am posting this at his behest because apparently he's allergic to posting it himself, but if you like it, go give that madlad some imaginary Internet points.

(Hey Chief, if you see this, we really need to talk about the recent expansion of my job scope from analyst duties to PR / High Priest duties...)

The Sound of Silence

Spoiler

Hello lylo my old friend,
I've come to fret o'er you again,
because an Elim softly creeping,
occupies my mind while I am sleeping,
and the story that was written for this game,
still remains,
within the sound of silence

In restless PMs I messaged alone,
Quiet threads of suspicion thrown,
'Neath the halo of an upvote,
I turned my gaze to the inactive,
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a thread alert,
that split the night,
and touched the sound of silence

And in the distracted thread I saw,
Ten thousand suspects maybe more,
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People sharing targets that analysis never touched,
And no-one dared,
Disturb the sound of silence

"Inactives," said I, "you know,"
"Perfect hiding spots for those,"
"who twist their works that they might trick you,"
"Measure your neck that they might lynch you,"
But my words, like ignored RP fell,
and echoed,
in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed,
To the Seeker god they made,
And the GM flashed out their warning,
In the words that they were typing,
"And the sign said "This person is an Eliminator,"
"And a Thug,"
And whispered in the sound of silence

• 3 weeks later...

A joke about Illwei's Acupuncture became canon thanks to Kasimir, the Great and Mighty Game Master of LG74, hallowed be his name, all hail. Behold the art that was born of that wonderful instance.

A terrible MSPaint rendition:

Spoiler

605125d00fdc6_IllweisAcupunctureService.png.6c0cc53de78a0210c7ded97e6155a909.png

An image of Bubbles [Burnt] drawing her rendition of Acu!Wei:

Spoiler

605125f164b88_BurntDrawingAcu!Wei.png.a9c5724320995860b10f120c5fdd91c7.png

And now some sonnets I wrote because the post should be a little longer in my opinion.

An ode [that is technically a sonnet] to Kasimir:

Spoiler

The Great and Mighty Game Master writes well.
Far more than well. Far more than words can say.
His eyes, they dance with secrets he won’t tell.
His words bring darkness and the light of day.

All hail him, the wordsmith with sharp teeth
And sharper memories [five knives, two nights].
The storyteller kindly lets us see
The legends and the fables come to life.

Behold the mischief-maker: Hero, King
With chaos and a knife held in his hand.
The bantering of Ancient Ones doth sing
Of “Ozymandias” and waves of sand.

The GM works and bears the weight of nine.
His shoulders ache, he’s always pressed for time.

A sonnet concerning the curse of Tyrian Falls:

Spoiler

The land we march upon is cursed with death.
The Spiked Ones overrun this wretched town.
The living flee the place of final rest
While corpses stain the streets with red abound.

They changed the name in hopes it would avert
The fate we knew was coming for us all.
But destiny refuses to subvert,
And fools ensure the ruined town’s downfall.

To ghosts that linger here, it seems so plain,
Connections linked together in the web.
But they don’t see as spirits do, and chains
Of ignorance and doubt cause light to ebb.

I wish you all the best, my living friends,
But sadly, I do fear this is the end.