Odium has "plans" for Harmony?

Link

I could see Harmony taking issue with Odium, if Odium started causing more havoc to the Cosmere (if he doesn't already have a problem with it). Having the intent of harmony, I'd imagine once he has more understanding of the Cosmere, he might take action to stop the disharmony.

• 1 year later...

I agree that Odium is being setup as the big bad, but I'm no sure whether he needs to be destroyed. It is possible that Honour Reborn could banish him once he'd been unsplintered.

Going off that idea, could a shard intentionally create Splinters? Like not shatter his whole being, but could he, say, slice off a bit of himself and invest it in someone, similar to those being influenced by Ruin in HoA?

Endowment deliberately created Splinters, no?

As for banishing Odium, I think that is the end game of stormlight, and the good guys will be forced (and essentially conned) into doing it, unable to defeat him outright and that it will be VERY bad for the Cosmere, as Odium is now trapped, and Hoid's aim is ideally to defeat Odium but secondarily to stop him being freed on the Cosmere by "banishing" him and that this is what he means when he warns Dalinar that their plans might clash and he would watch Roshar burn.

Stormlight is going to have, either at midway or the end, a bittersweet ending for Roshar but a downer ending for the Cosmere in general, and that allows him to be the Big Bad for the whole universe.

And sorry for the necromancy

• Chaos locked this topic