Mid-Range Game 17: Hic Sunt Leones

Amanuensis

Welcome to the game @Doxis!

Right.  Based on some of my PMs, I was under the impression that Len was planning on switching teams.  Early in the game he revealed himself to Lopen and El, which is why Lopen is trustworthy.  I don't think he revealed that much information; Lopen told me that both him and El told him not to for fear of making the game less fun, which is fair enough imo.

Wait.  I feel like I must be misunderstanding the importance of Lucius in this writeup.  :wacko:

Ok, I currently have no idea what's going on.  I'm very confused.  I'm going to go back and read over the thread and everything, but I'll hopefully be able to help with a lynch.  I'd like to lynch Burnt, but I can't start a lynch.  So I guess this is up to all ya'll non Arcos.

edit;  Also, the Carved Red is a character I sort of guessed would be in here, but I'm somewhat worried now.

Edited by Magestar

After the initial shock of seeing his best friend being decapitated by Quintus, Jefry felt one thing. Rage, no rage didn't describe the feeling that was filling Jefry's heart. It was more, oh so much more. Although, Jefry did not want to fight Quintus right there and then because he had to greave. If he didn't, he wouldn't have properly honored Tenebrum. After a few minutes or maybe an hour, maybe a few hours, Jefry didn't care, he stood up silently and left the room with his head hanging. He headed in the direction of his room to think about what to do next.

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

Mage, why exactly are you going after Burnt, and why shouldn't we think you're Forsworn (not that I'm going to challenge an Arcos)?

I think Burnt is the most suspicious of the suspicions I have left.  Len was killed, and that suspicion was right, apparently, and Burnt is the only other real suspicion I think I had.

As far as for not thinking I'm a forsworn, I already gave all the real evidence I had for that.

Burnt has spent most of the game lurking, made a few game related posts, some of which were helpful, some of which were just agreeing with what other people were saying, I had trouble getting a read on them, and I decided that they were the most suspicious out of the remaining people.  I believe I said this earlier;  'It's not so much that they are super suspicious, but that no one else is.'  I just don't have a lot of better options.  

Assassin has been on and looked at this game, but they have not said anything.  They would be one of the other people I would be suspicious of.  

As of right now, there are 10 people left.  Doxis has never played before, and just joined.  I am not suspicious of Sheep, Lopen, or Jefry.  I have middling suspicions of Jondesu, and Stick, who has been on, but not really contributing.  That basically leaves Burnt, Bard, and Assassin.  Bard is somewhat suspicious, but really quiet.  Same with assassin.  Burnt has been more active, so I'm starting there. 

Edited by Magestar
grammer/continuity

I'm reasonably confident Assassin is (ironically) not a Forsworn assassin. I'm still suspicious of the inactives, which are mostly jefry and Mordse, but of course we have a replacement for Mordse now. I'm not eager to risk a repeat of last night if there's a more convincing candidate, but I'm not convinced about Burnt.

Bard, Stick, I'm a bit suspicious of each of you. 

No worries, Jefry!  I'd been meaning to mention, btw, you're the only other person I've seen who spells his name the same way as my dad.  Kinda cool to see.

No hard feelings about your sister, I hope? (Outside of the RP itself, that is.)

23 hours ago, AliasSheep said:

Welcome to the game @Doxis!

Right.  Based on some of my PMs, I was under the impression that Len was planning on switching teams.  Early in the game he revealed himself to Lopen and El, which is why Lopen is trustworthy.  I don't think he revealed that much information; Lopen told me that both him and El told him not to for fear of making the game less fun, which is fair enough imo.

Yeah, Len told me he was gonna switch once the last Forsworn besides him was dead. Anyways, this is the reason that El and Doc trusted me and sorta why I've been quieter. Len told us that his team was gonna bus Bugsy and he also told us about Wonko, so there wasn't a lot for me to talk about or figure out during those early Cycles and then I kind of just settled into not posting much. My bad. Anyways, Burnt, my hunch I was talking about was that Len told Doc that Magestar was a Forsworn Arcos and that's why Doc was so sure about him being that. It's the best explanation that I can think of. So, I'm quite suspicious of Mage at this point, although I can't personally do anything about him.

As for who we should lynch, I'm really not sure. Given that Len was a Forsworn Rath, I suspect Aman put at least one Rath on the village side of things. That, combined with the fact that I'd guess he started them with 5 players means I think it's possible that there's 2 more Forsworn other than Mage. I'm kinda concerned that Doxis is one, but, I don't really think it would be very nice to lynch her as soon as she starts playing. :P So, out of the players left, there's Bard, Sheep, Stick, Doxis, Mage, jefry, Burnt, Jondesu, and Assassin. I'm pretty sure Burnt is Faithful and Mage is an Arcos, so there's no lynching them. I'm not particularly trustworthy of Bard, but there was the thing where Wonko used all his Merit to make sure Bard didn't get any of it. Sheep, hm, I could see being Forsworn. I've actually not been able to read him very well in the past. Stick, eh, was suspicious of her earlier, but not really sure at this point. Jefry, too inactive to tell. Jondesu, I've had a village read on him for the entire game. Assassin, again, too inactive. And Doxis, just joined, so, would rather not lynch. I'm gonna look over the players I don't have good reads on tomorrow and will likely start a Duel if I don't see one I want to Cheer. Right now, I'm going to sleep. >.<

53 minutes ago, The_Lady_of_Chaos said:

I know i'm technically dead, but my character wasn't his sister.

Oops, got that mixed up.

I'm still honestly completely unsure who we should try to lynch.  I don't know that it's a good idea to let a cycle go by without a duel, since that would probably just play into the Forsworn's hands (they should have gotten a blade last cycle they can use this time around, and they'll continue to get blades), but other than Magestar, who seems pretty much confirmed as Forsworn to me, I can't really decide on anyone, and Mage is gonna be pretty much impossible to beat in a duel.  Still have feelers out for contacts who can help me try to kill him, btw, if I survive long enough (hopefully he doesn't think I'm that much of a threat, since I've said this publicly a few times now :unsure:).

4 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Anyways, Burnt, my hunch I was talking about was that Len told Doc that Magestar was a Forsworn Arcos and that's why Doc was so sure about him being that. It's the best explanation that I can think of. So, I'm quite suspicious of Mage at this point, although I can't personally do anything about him.

-sigh-  I can't seem to do anything except be suspicious. :P  At least this game I'm nigh unkillable.  

I understand you all want to kill me, so I'm just going to let you all know;  I bought an ionBlade last cycle.  I now am unkillable by anything except a double tap or stunFist, and I kept the ghostCloak after all.  So nothing works on me.  Therefore, I feel safe to tell you, you are all doomed.  :)  If there is a village Rath out there, I politely ask you to turn, so we can win sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

So now mage has confessed eh? Knew it. 

So, nothing Lopen has said so far have changed my suspicions on him. The whole thing with doc just to me says that Lopen had a hand in why it failed. Not to mention he’s just had an evil!Lopen vibe to me for the whole game. I know, Lopen, you've certainly made an effort to be more useful in thread and build more trust but… hey, it's merely my turn to have a good tunnelling :P

Mage, you said you also wished you could duel me. How about this. I duel Lopen. You get your chance to cheer against me, and we let the people decide whether they’d rather trust you, the self confessed elim, and Lopen or if they’d rather trust me, who you have just been trying to convice people to have lynched.  Apparently the only points put forth against me is that i’m lurking….um, tell me something new. I dare you to find a game that i’ve played and not lurked in. I will be thoroughly astounded if you do.

So yes, i am going to challenge Lopen.

A new percentage list:

100%=Good, 0%=bad

Assassin in Burgundy as The Jackal - 50%

Magestar as Lucius - 0%

Jondesu as Quintus - 68%

AliasSheep as Nirgal -48%

I_am_a_Stick as Stick -70%

The Young Bard as Gregor - 60%

TheMightyLopen as Priam - 10%

Burnt Spaghetti as Tia - 100%, but, i’m biased.

Doxis as Morsde - 60%

jefrywlfersn as Jefry - 60%

37 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

So yes, i am going to challenge Lopen.

Honestly, I've been pretty convinced by Lopen, and Doc thought he was clear, and he revealed the ways to possibly kill Mage (who I'm sure was already aware of those, or at least most of them, so that could only have helped us as the Faithful).  Hence, I'm not as trusting of you since you're powering after him, even though you've also claimed to be suspicious of Mage for a while (but honestly, everyone has been, and you would have known he was mostly unkillable, so that doesn't earn you anything in my eyes).

Therefore, I'm going to cheer Lopen.

Edited by Jondesu
Fixed my screwed up color tag

3 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Honestly, I've been pretty convinced by Lopen, and Doc thought he was clear, and he revealed the ways to possibly kill Mage (who I'm sure was already aware of those, or at least most of them, so that could only have helped us as the Faithful).  Hence, I'm not as trusting of you since you're powering after him, even though you've also claimed to be suspicious of Mage for a while (but honestly, everyone has been, and you would have known he was mostly unkillable, so that doesn't earn you anything in my eyes).

Remember, confirmed good doesnt mean confirmed right. Just cause doc trusted lopen at the time doesnt mean we should blindly follow along and trust him too. And he only revealed the ways to kill mage after i asked him too. 

Sure ive been sus of mage for a while. But, hes been suggesting me for lynch two cycles in a row now. You think hed really try push for my lynch if i were forsworn too? 

Just now, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Remember, confirmed good doesnt mean confirmed right. Just cause doc trusted lopen at the time doesnt mean we should blindly follow along and trust him too. And he only revealed the ways to kill mage after i asked him too. 

Sure ive been sus of mage for a while. But, hes been suggesting me for lynch two cycles in a row now. You think hed really try push for my lynch if i were forsworn too? 

I know, and we've said that all along.  There's other reasons to trust Lopen too, mostly via PMs with other people, and I'm fairly confident in my conclusions.

And yes, I think Mage would be pushing for a "lynch" of you for a while.  Because he probably knows that you have protection of some sort, and thinks ya'll can use it to either pull suspicion from you, or that you can take someone else out instead.  Or perhaps there's a Forsworn Fabii and he thinks ya'll can just sway any vote to make sure you win and defeat whoever challenges you.  I'm pretty sure I'd make plans like that if I were Forsworn.

Sure. I’m merely fairly confident in my conclusions too.

Protection... hah...no.  I wish.

Hm. You do make a good point about the Fabii though, I'll give you that. Either way, i think we need more than one or two cheers in this. So, ill call in everyone i think. The more votes in place, the less chance for manipulation to control the lynch. I beleive that we need a lynch to go ahead. And since no one else stepped up to start one, i did. May have left it a little late though, i guess.

So,

@Assassin in Burgundy, @AliasSheep, @Magestar even though im fairly sure youll just vote against me -_-, @I_am_a_Stick, @The Young Bard, @Doxis, @jefrywlfersn

if you guys could weigh in on this, and add your vote to either side, that would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Wait, Lopen started a duel? 

And uh, yeah, currently, I have a pretty strong village read on Burnt, she's been pretty open to me in our PM, so I'm willing to cheer for Burnt

Edited by I_am_a_Stick
Changed from 'cheering against lopen' to 'cheering for burnt'

Huh.  The two people I trust in this game are dueling each other.  How about that, eh?

9 minutes ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Wait, Lopen started a duel? 

And uh, yeah, currently, I have a pretty strong village read on Burnt, she's been pretty open to me in our PM, so I'm willing to cheer against Lopen

For sake of clarity, you might want to recast that vote as "for Burnt" - I know I for one read Lopen in teal and thought you were voting on Lopen's side.

2 minutes ago, AliasSheep said:

Huh.  The two people I trust in this game are dueling each other.  How about that, eh?

I have to say, I'm more pro-Lopen than anti-Burnt, despite the reasoning laid out in my previous post.  If you or someone else can suggest a more convincing target, I'd be fine with potentially switching to cheer a different duel.  I'll be a bit surprised if that happens, since no one seems to have much hard information, but I'm open to hearing anything.

My vote probably has the most sway at the moment, as a self proclaimed Elim.  So, just to throw you all into even more of a mess, I'm not going to vote yet. :D  I don't really need to.  All you people out there can decide for yourself whether Burnt, or Lopen is an Elim.  Or if both are.  Or neither.