Era 3 Art Inserts (WoB from Reddit)

Jondesu

Just ran across this gem from Reddit (apologies if it showed up elsewhere on the forums already):

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 6.09.43 PM.PNG

Sounds amazing to me, very much looking forward to both the code monkey and Scadrial nerd culture, as well as the comics!

jW

Scadrial Nerd Culture

damnation i love it . I wonder if there will be people cosplaying as Marsh and the actual Marsh coincidentally was sent by Harmony to that certain cosplay event that would be pretty lulz.

I'm also interested in knowing what will happen with aluminum economy in Era 3. And also since tv news, video camera and other stuff are coming up that time(like internet should read at Era if it's similar to our world) then i wonder if they would have lots of discovering about Kandra's or the Kandra become a Urban legend.

but the most curious i would be is about Harmony and how much does the shards intent sunk in (actually even in Wax and Wayne it felt like he talks like a shard (like seeing the need of the threat of death and not actually not preventing murders which seems like Ruin's intent in his interpretation)) like i would be curious if i would see him acting as Ruin (cause sometimes he just feels like he's pure preservation except the tolerance to his minions killing part)

6 minutes ago, Shadeshadow227 said:

Yes. ...I wonder what anime Scadrial would have...they may not even have anime...

You can see in the quote that he's saying that they developed Westerns instead of Superheroes; I would expect once there's a less homogenous culture (which seems likely by Era 3, but not guaranteed), there'll be more styles that might include one similar to anime.

jW

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2016 at 9:01 AM, goody153 said:

damnation i love it . I wonder if there will be people cosplaying as Marsh and the actual Marsh coincidentally was sent by Harmony to that certain cosplay event that would be pretty lulz.

"Wow, man, your Ironeyes cosplay is on point!" 

"Uh, thanks."

20 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:
  Hide contents

I rather think Marsh's younger brother would be the one showing up at the convention... and probably winning a prize for his costume too. (Which would be of Marsh, naturally.) Somehow conventions feel more like Kell's sort of thing...

Spoiler

Kelsier is a dork, what a shocking thing! But yes, he probably collects comic books and, if not Iron Eyes, dresses up as Allomancer Jak too, just for the hell of it.

Marsh would probably be at the Convention for a completely different reason and told his costume is wrong and terrible. Go figure. Double points if Kelsier's Iron Eyes cosplay is considered the better of the two and more aesthetic/realistic/etc.

On a similar note, I'd expect Kell to be the major source of the counterculture in Elendel. It...just seems like something he would start, like the Diggers did in the 1960s, or the "pre-" American Dadaists did in the 1910s. He'd create it just to troll the world a bit...

Edited by Kandra-in-disguise

Were you by any chance the author of 'Found Objects'? Because I loved it, and it explored that idea...

Spoiler

My head cannon version of the convention has Kell going for fun, and Marsh going because he has to. Marsh is told his costume is old fashioned, looks like Sliverist iconography, etc. His accent is stated to be 'totally fake.' Kelsier is wearing something totally over the top, and putting on a deep gravely accent that is also quite fake to anyone who actually knows what Marsh sounds like. Naturally he wins an award for most realistic cosplay...

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Were you by any chance the author of 'Found Objects'? Because I loved it, and it explored that idea...

Hide contents

My head cannon version of the convention has Kell going for fun, and Marsh going because he has to. Marsh is told his costume is old fashioned, looks like Sliverist iconography, etc. His accent is stated to be 'totally fake.' Kelsier is wearing something totally over the top, and putting on a deep gravely accent that is also quite fake to anyone who actually knows what Marsh sounds like. Naturally he wins an award for most realistic cosplay...

Yup, I'm the author of it (I have all these Dada books on my end-table, still, funnily enough). I kind of have a love for placing stories in "weirder" historical settings like that, because history is oftentimes a weird and funny (or not always serious) place...and I enjoy writing about countercultures a tad too much.

It also seemed like something that could, probably, happen in the Basin. Not all aspects of Dada would (for multiple reasons), but found objects like shovels, toilets, and fake spikes all for the sake of anarchy with a 'purpose' and playing with the expectations of the nobility and the art establishment? Definitely. xD

Also, I expect that Duchamp (the herald of Dada) would've liked it, actually. ;P

Spoiler

Exactly. And the best part is Kelsier SEES Marsh, snarks at his brother a bit, and tells Marsh that he agrees, his cosplay is definitely flippant and over the top...  xD

Edited by Kandra-in-disguise

I'm studying to be an art therapist, so it was a lot of fun for me to read. I also really loved the way you wrote them; I thought it was spot on. Why don't you post it here? I'd actually really love to draw a comic of it. Would that be okay with you?

Spoiler

But then teases him for a long time after about being better at being Marsh than Marsh is...

• Chaos locked this topic